Ask a Statue!

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your Foundation could be corroded away. You might fall! ;A;

Do you have a solid foundation, or did the masons kind of short-cut it?

Silly Magi, moving statues can't be weighed down by silly things like foundations! Or were you talking about makeup? I don't really have that good of a foundation in that sense, either...

I'm not too worried.

I'm Talking about your Legs! Acid is corrosive....

or at least I think so.

That might just be Tv....

It's not so much the acid, but more that it the specific particles chemically react with certain things, especially calcium. Lots of rocky things like common statues and gravestones have a lot of calcium in them, and in a reaction with the particles in the rain, become incredibly frail and flake off.

*Draws increadibly complex formula's and diagram on convenient BlackBoard*

..... And as you can see..... the atoms here and here bond with the statue's atoms here, here, here, here, aaaaaaand here.

This Causes a space/time rift to occur, destroying the statue entirely.

Probably.

*Present bottle of acid.* A quick demonstration is the best way to show this.

• 3 months later...

This thread seems dead. But it's in your signature so...

Is it fair to say you have a heart of stone? Or are you totally soild, and therefore heartless?

Does asking these make me racist? I didn't think statues were a race...

This thread is never dead, simply experiencing a lack of questions! You seem to have some, which I will answer in reverse order for the sake of... well, because I want to!

Yes, we statues are a proud and sensitive race, andasking about someone's heart just because they're a little different from you is definitely a little bit racist. I am totally solid, but happen to have a heart made of a mixture of gold and diamonds. Which, I mean, technically are all still stones, they're just valued more by you ponies because they're shiny.

Now now, I may have been asking because you're different, but it wasn't out of intent to injure. The fact that terms like "heartless" and "heart of stone" have negative connotations isn't my fault. Same as litterally having a heart of gold doesn't mean you have a "heart of gold." You know, in the metaphorical sense. Not that I'm saying you don't, I'm just making a point.

... I've found myself in a hole so I'm going to stop digging now.

On with the questions! Do statue ponies sleep? Do you eat? If you do, is it because you require it or just enjoy it? What's you're favorite meal?

Now now, I may have been asking because you're different, but it wasn't out of intent to injure. The fact that terms like "heartless" and "heart of stone" have negative connotations isn't my fault. Same as litterally having a heart of gold doesn't mean you have a "heart of gold." You know, in the metaphorical sense. Not that I'm saying you don't, I'm just making a point.

... I've found myself in a hole so I'm going to stop digging now.

On with the questions! Do statue ponies sleep? Do you eat? If you do, is it because you require it or just enjoy it? What's you're favorite meal?

Yes, we sleep a lot, actually. When you see us standing around doing nothing? Sleeping!

And yes, we eat too. We have to to stay alive, you know! My personal favorite meal is pizza, with pepperoni, onion, and bits of obsidian for toppings! :)

Aegis: You did that wrong. Your question was actually in the form of a question, and a question can't be true or false, it's an inquiry. You needed something like this:

True or false: This statement is a lie.

Anyway, on with my endless questions. Armony, are statue ponies born? Or are they constructed?

So does that mean statues are robots in disguise?

Either that, or I'm trying really hard to be entertaining and not like my usual self in here. I'll let you figure out which one on your own :P

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Does that apply to this website?

Yes, but not in the way Altair liked to interpret it. Think of the second part as more of an "Anything is possible" than "You can do what you want with no repercussions".

Archived