Lost and Hunted

Monochrome

Not paying attention, a blue pegasus slowly flies down the street towards Nao. Unbeknownst to her, Nao was looking the other way. She was reading a book about flower growing. (if she hits Nao, let me know haha)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nao seemed to have lost her guide. Her luminescent yellow eyes scanned the daytime crowds, but Nao saw no sign of the sky princess. Suddenly, Nao was bowled over from behind by one of the sky city's residents.

"Gah!" Nao yelped, her pegasus disguise flickering in surprise.

Nao crouched on the ground, her hooves covering her face. Lifting one hoof slightly to peek out, she found the one who had bumped into her in a similar position with a book on her head. Nao quickly made an attempt to compose herself so her false pegasus form would stop wavering, then slowly stood up.

"A-ah.... Are you alright?" Nao murmured cautiously.

"You're welcome. I-it's fine, really." Nao said, finding that the pegasus had a very similar voice and manner to her own. "Uh... I'm Nao. Wh-who are you?" she added, looking down and shyly picking at a tuft of cloud with her hoof.

She smiled, feeling comfortable around her "I'm...Sapphire Lily." Looking down to the tuft of could, she chuckles a little "I...I don't think I've seen you here before...are...you know...new to Skyland?" Sapphire Lily closes her book and puts it in a bag.

"It's very nice to meet you." Nao said. "Yes, uh, you could say that." Nao added in reply to Sapphire Lily 's question.

This was technically true- Nao had been to the city in the sky before, but only in the dreams of its resident colts and fillies, never in reality.

((Sorry about short posts, they'll get longer as I get more ideas. :P ))

(Same, but I don't go too long. I have an above college level reading comprehension since 7th grade, but not a fast reader lol so it's fine :) )

"I don't come up here much, only to buy books...Just got a book today...the one that I was reading when I..." She puts her head down and her ears flopped with it "When I bumped into you." She lifts her head and pulls out her book "It's about flower growing...that's what I do normally."

Curiously, she tilts her head and is about to ask about it when she shakes it off. Thinking for a moment she looks down. Smiling, she looks to Nao and says "Why don't you come to Hayston with me? I could...show you my garden. I grow berries and flowers, and a nice pony gets her animal friends to help me take care of them! You'll like her too...so, uh...would you like to go see it?" she had been getting excited up to the last sentence when she calms herself down, blushing from being so nervous; she isn't used to meeting new ponies.

((Remember, this rp is set in a time far before Celestia and Luna's time, so you might want either remove specific town names or make up different ones. :/ ))

"Oh, my, really?" Nao said, taken by surprise by the offer. "Sure, going to an earth town sounds lovely! Uh, lead the way..."

However, before they could take off, something happened. A surly pegasus stallion soaring above flew a little too close to the cloud Nao stood on, his hooves grazing her head and startling her. Nao let out a yelp of surprise and tripped over her own hooves, landing face-down in the cloud as her pegasus disguise vanished. Her true form had been exposed again! Sharp teeth, curled horns like a ram's, a mane and tail of dancing black flames and tufts of the same flame on her ankles, all of her outsiderly appearance, which tended to frighten ponies of that world. Nao froze in fear as she realized what had happened.

(oh, right ._. lol I forgot xD Skyland and Hayston? xD idk lol on phone so I can't color my talking right now o: )

Sapphire ducked down, missing the pony, but letting out a yelp. after he passed she looked up at the creature before her and yelped again"Where's Nao!?" she trembles for a bit but then looks at her angrily and walks up to her. "What did you do to my friend?" she said in her soft voice (Angry Fluttershy moment xD lol).

Nao backed off a few steps.

"N-nothing, I am Nao!" she squeaked frightenedly.

The black flames that made up her mane and tail licked at her white and blue coat and she stared, wide-eyed and scared, at Sapphire Lily.

Hearing these words, Sapphire is a bit shocked "But...you don't seem mean or scary like...a nightmare." She comes closer and puts a hoof out to her as if to say "It's alright, I'm still here." Sapphire smiles.

((Oops, sorry I'm late!))

Nao smiled an unsure but trusting toothy smile as Sapphire comforted her.

"I'm one of the nicer ones... You should meet my brother." she said with a soft laugh, then suddenly grew serious. "Oh my, he's probably panicking about now..."

(back on phone lol and it's fine :3 )

Her ears flop down hearing this. She didn't want her new friend to leave, but she doesn't want to be aggressive and make her stay. In her soft voice she says "Yeah...I bet brothers would worry...You know, about their...sisters." A nervous grin, clearly meaning to look like a happy smile, creeps onto her face.

"Oh, yes, and mine is an extremely protective one. A bit of a sourpuss about it at times too." Nao said with a slight giggle. "Well, nothing to be done about it now... The portals don't reopen until nightfall. So, uh... About that little trip down to an earth town... Hayston, was it? I-I can conjure up a new disguise so I don't frighten anypony." She added quietly, peering over the edge of the cloud they stood upon.

Archived