Flora Bloom [final]

PyroBlaze

[colour=#282828]Name: Flora Bloom[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Sex: Female[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Age: Mare[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Species: Earth Pony[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Eye colour: Green[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Skin colour: Light green[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Mane/tail style: Her mane and tail are very long and disheveled, as if she doesn't do anything to them. In fact, it's almost like she messes it up on purpose. Her mane and tail are both solid green. [/colour]

[colour=#282828]Physique: Her body is skinny and slightly shorter than other mares her age. She does not have very big muscles. [/colour]

[colour=#282828]Cutie mark: Her cutie mark is a white shadow of a flower blooming. [/colour][colour=#282828]Flora's cutie mark didn't appear until after school, while she was on a trip with her dad. As her father was working, she took a walk around the area. As she walked, she found a group of ponies looking at a plant that was obviously dying. None of the other ponies knew what to do, but Flora could recognize the plant immediatly and she knew what it needed to survive and grow. She never expected to get anything in return for saving the plant, she just wanted to keep it from dying. Her pure intentions and her already present love and knowledge of gardening caused her cutie mark to appear.[/colour][colour=#282828] [/colour]

[colour=#282828]Residence: Fillydelphia [/colour]

[colour=#282828]Occupation: Owns a nursery (plant shop). Occasional yard work on the side. [/colour]

[colour=#282828]History: Flora was born to a couple of nature loving earth ponies. From a young age, Flora learned how to take care of plants and to love them. Because of this, Flora always loved nature and gardening. Her mother owned a flower shop in Ponyville, and her father was a traveling herbal healer. He would heal ailments using only the substances he could extract from plants. Flora spent her young life, before school, between her mother's and her father's workplaces, so she spent a lot of time around plants. [/colour]

[colour=#282828]When she was in school she tried her best, but most of the stuff they learned past the basics made no sense to her. Because of this, she became shy and only had a couple of friends in school. Of course school didn't get any easier as she struggled through it, especially since the only classes she could seem to get good grades in were ones involving plants. This helped her to make more friends though, especially with other ponies that did well in the classes involving plants. She eventually made it through school, but just barely. [/colour]

[colour=#282828]Flora's cutie mark didn't appear until after school, while she was on a trip with her dad. As her father was working, she took a walk around the area. As she walked, she found a group of ponies looking at a plant that was obviously dying. None of the other ponies knew what to do, but Flora could recognize the plant immediately and she knew what it needed to survive and grow. She never expected to get anything in return for saving the plant, she just wanted to keep it from dying. Her pure intentions and her already present love and knowledge of gardening caused her cutie mark to appear.[/colour][colour=#282828] [/colour]

[colour=#282828]Every once and awhile, Flora and her father find each other on the road, but Flora sees her mother every time she visits Ponyville. [/colour]

[colour=#282828]Character summary:[/colour][colour=#282828] Flora's cutie mark, to her, represents her pure intentions in what she does. Flora is a nice, but pretty shy pony. She is always friendly to new ponies that come to greet her, but she rarely strikes up conversations outside of her shop. When conversing with nice ponies, she tends to open up more. Flora prefers to stay in the background, even when she is with friends, but she will still contribute to the conversation when she feels she can. Her shyness prevents her from making many friends, but she is happy with the ones she got. Flora pretty much becomes instant friends with those that are nice when they talk to her. Flora met pretty much all her friends because they were hanging out with her other friends at the same time she was, all the others she met because they struck up a conversation with her and she decided to become friends. She is happy pretty much all the time though, since not many ponies are mean to her. [/colour]

[colour=#282828]Flora is also pretty easygoing when it comes to just about everything. She prefers to just go with the flow most of the time. She talks at a normal pace, but it can be quiet sometimes, along with the occasional mutter. When she is gardening, she is almost impossible to distract, but otherwise she is distracted by almost everything. She thoroughly enjoys her life. [/colour]

Hey PyroBlaze! I'll be looking over your app here today and giving some input on how Flora here could be improved :)

The first thing I want to address is her residence and occupation. The issue with her being a traveler sort of contradicts her having a stable home in a cabin as you've said, and the idea of her living in some cabin doesn't seem to lend her character to be very social. As you no doubt know WoE RP is more so a slice of life type of RP if anything, and having a pony who lives presumably on their own and only occasionally is paid for gardening doesn't lend them to be a very social character. This could easily be fixed by her having a proper residence in a nearby town and interacting with ponies and clients more frequently, whilst still working on her own practices with plants and the like.

I feel her cutie mark story and interests in gardening could also be expanded upon. The cutie mark story you've given seems a bit uneventful in terms of what a cutie mark is supposed to mean, what with her just simply tidying up a stranger's garden. My advice would be to make that story jump out in someway, have her do something relating to gardening that only she could do, something extravagant and special that's unique to her, without going over the top of course ;)

A way this could be done could be as easy as her looking for her own style in what she does, and not being constrained to a certain way or style of gardening or use of plants like her parents have been, so I encourage you to really go and be creative with this occupation and interest and find something special for her to do, an angle for her that ultimately works in the WoE RP. The options to that may seem limited but with some thinking and creativity who knows what could be done! :-o

Either way, that's all I have to say currently, hope my input was of use to you, and if you have any questions to ask simply PM me and I'd be happy to talk, and if any changes are made please let us know in this thread. I look forward to seeing how Flora works out :D

I made some changes now. Gave her an actual job and house in a town, and changed her cutie mark story. I wasn't coming up with many ideas for changing the story, so hopefully this one is better.

Very good improvements thus far, PyroBlaze :)

All I can really comment on now would be her willingness to make new friends. She can obviously keep the shy attitude however it wouldn't hurt to put in a sentance or two explaining how she'd be willing to make more friends, and maybe get over said shyness. Or anything that would encourage her to be more social and friendly.

Apart from that, everything else is looking good! :D

Indeed it is, PyroBlaze!

There are just a few more details that need to be worked on before she's approval ready though!

The main issue is mostly her willingness to meet and befriend other ponies in her backstory and in the present. I can understand her not doing very well in school however I'd advise using this to her advantage to become more social, since WoE is above all else a social roleplay :)

She seems good other than these small antisocial elements. Don't get me wrong she can be a shy pony but it shouldn't impact her to the point where she isn't very social at all, and it seems to contradict the fact she owns a store of her own, which would give her plenty of opportunities to be social with her clients and potentially make new friends. So basically the few tweaks that need to be made would be concerned with her being more social and accepting of new ponies as a whole, rather than her being angsty or shy.

Hope this helps :)