[Ponyville] Hugs! Hugs! Free Hugs! (Open; No Post Order)

Rosewind

Well, this was certainly starting to be a rather awkward scene - Dr Stable had been dragged into the hug with herself and Pinkie...and whilst Berry had no problem with that, she already felt that the earth pony baker/party mare extraordinaire was already kinda overexcited about this hug as it was, and now that she was apparently quite fond of the idea of a group hug, she couldn't help but give a muffled squeak as she found her ability to breathe slightly impeded by the addition of the good doctor.

" ACK! " Berry just about manages to utter something as she takes a gasp of breath for air. " Nice to....See you....Doctor! "

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Likewise... Miss... Berry," Dr Stable said as he struggled to breathe and was truly amazed at how strong Pinkie Pie truly was. "Super.. group .. hug.. hurting.. now..."

Watching all this unfold from a distance were a familiar pair of twin unicorn stallions wearing matching striped shirts and straw hats.

flimflam_logo_by_snapai-d4nvwlw.png

"Look at that, brother Flam! Free Hugs!"

"I see it, Flim, and as dear old dad used to say.."

"FREE IS SOMETHING WE CAN ALL AFFORD!" Flim and Flam neighed in unison as they galloped over towards the booth.

"Excuse us, Miss Pie, but if you're done squeezing the life out of those other ponies..."

"WE would like free hugs too."

Instantly, the lanky unicorn brothers broke out into song:

"Free of charge, that's what we like! From the oldest mare to the youngest tike...

Free is something we can afford!"

"No bits to pay? Well that's ok, that's the best offer we've had all day because..

Free is something we can afford!"

"A hug from you would give us instant bliss!"

"And while we hug, we could even KISS!"

"That would truly make our day!"

"And for this we wouldn't have to PAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!"

When the two finished their song, they looked at the pink mare with wide grins.

Lyra Heartstrings had a cheerful smile on her face as she strolled through Ponyville, playing an aimless melody on her lyre and humming to herself. She was on her way to see her Bonnie Bon and didn't have any plans to stop off anywhere else, but a nearby sound suddenly caught her attention. it was the sound of ponies singing, one of her favorite sounds. Curious, the musical mare cantered in the direction of the sound until she found a pair of stallions. The two of them looked kind of familiar, though she couldn't really place it. They wore hats and stripes and she was sure she had seen them somewhere before, but her memory had never been excellent.

Ponies who liked to sing couldn't be bad at all though, and especially not since it was Pinkie Pie they were singing too and a number of other ponies were gathered about, some of whom seemed out of breath. Bon Bon didn't completely trust Pinkie, since they both dealt in sweets, but Lyra considered the pink mare to be a lot of fun. As she started to play a jaunty tune on her lyre to match the stallions' song, she approached quickly. She bounced toward Pinkie and offered a wide grin.

"Hello," she said somewhat awkwardly. "This looks like a fun place to be! What's going on, Pinkie Pie?" she asked, tilting her head with wide eyed curiosity.

Pinkie Pie dropped her current group hug like a sack of flour, as her attention was quickly whisked away. More friends were on the approach! She grinned ear-to-ear, raising both her pink arms in the air to wave at the approaching brothers. "Heeey, that tune is kinda catchy!"

Pumpkin Cake, meanwhile, stayed latched firmly to the Doctor's stethoscope. She didn't mind she was now tangled in a morass of burgundy hooves, lab coat, and the back end of Pinkie's poofy pink tail. She had the shiny thing in her mouth! She drooled liberally, quite pleased with herself. She perked her little ears as she overheard two stallions singing in unison, as well as...a lyre?

Pinkie, meanwhile, spun around and did a little dance in the grass. "Ooooh nice! Have you two considered getting into the singing business!? I tired that once and it wasn't very popular. Though it was at 3 am in the middle of Ponyville when I made my debut. I called my show 'Cupcake Under the Stars'! Teehee!" Her smiling visage melted into a flatlook as kissing was suggested. "I really like ya two, but the sign says free hugs today, and free hugs're what's on the menu! Where did my foal go? Er...well, not MY foal-foal, but the little unicorn with the ducktail mane. You'd be surprised where she manages to get lost!" She looked down, as if noticing the pile of ponies from her previous group hug for the first time. Another voice caught her attention. She spun around, coming almost nose-to-nose with a green unicorn.

"Lyra! How nice to see ya! What's going on?! Pumpkin Cake and I are on a mission to spread as many hugs as we possibly-possible can today! Things're getting musical around here, so I suppose we could try singing and hugging at the same time!"

BonBonPostBannerwithtext.jpg

Bon Bon had a cheerful smile on her face after a good day at the market, more than pleased to be able to close up shop earlier than usual due to complete lack of product. Rich ponies with a sweet tooth sang the song of songs to her ears and to make it even grander there was nothing but sunny skies ahead of her as she trotted her way home to show Lyra her wonderful haul. Maybe she'd even take her out on a nice dinner! That'd make her mare happy. Maybe buy some toys. Everypony loved toys, even older mares who shouldn't obsess as much about collectable figurines, but heck she had the bits and the will and who was going to stop her? She trotted across the town but soon she slowed as her ears picked something up.

It was singing. Two stallions singing a jaunty tune not far off, pulling Bon Bon towards the source quick enough because nothing was worse than missing a song. Once too many times she had appeared near the end of one of the impromptu songs that plagued the small town to know that it sucked catching the tail end of them. Especially if it was Pinkie Pie because all of her songs were unique and you wouldn't get a second chance. Often she'd have to get the run down from Lyra and feel like she was missing out on everything! Well, not this time. It may not be Pinkie but it was a song, darnit. Then a lyre involved itself and Bon Bon knew for a fact that her Lyra was there too, which added a bit of speed to her step. She turned a corner and saw it- two stallions who she believed she remembered, her Lyra, and Pinkie Pie and Pumpkin Cake with a sign about free hugs. She trotted up to her Lyra and bopped her on the flank.

"Lyra! I was coming to see you...and here you are about to get free hugs when I would give you free hugs! Hmmpph!" She play acted angry for a moment before quickly unleashing her giant bag of bits for everypony to see.

"Look at how today went! Made more today than I usually do in a week."

Dr Stable was not impressed with the singing unicorn duo. After he is released from the group hug, he gently retrieves his stethoscope from Pumpkin Cake and then turns towards Flim and Flam.

"Do all of you ponies realize who these two miscreants are? They're the notorious Flim Flam Brothers who tried to run the Apple Family out of the Ponyville area! They do not deserve any praise at all!"

"Miscreants!" Flim neighed.

"Notorious?" added Flam as he broke out into song. "You don't understand, my dear physican, that ponies in our position."

"Have made mistakes in the past, that's true," added a singing Flim.

"But now we've come to make amends!"

"Our new life in Ponyville BEGINS..."

"So let us all be friends to-day!!!" the twins sang in unison.

Berry had finally found herself released...shaking herself off and making sure that everything was in place, not broken and generally still worked as intended - the last thing she wanted was to find that she'd been squished too hard by the rambunctious Pinkie and had to go take a few days to recover...such was the risk to ones health when around the perky pink party pony!

" Well, I think I'd better be going! " Berry says with a small exhale, neatening her mane just a little with a hoof and shaking herself off...watching as Pinkie plays host to another impromptu hugparty group with some more of her friends....well, she assumed that the new faces were friends, but honestly when it came to Pinkie Pie, it seemed like almost everypony around Ponyville was a friend of hers...it was as though she was an all encompassing force, and every pony was drawn toward her magnetic charms and smile. Berry didn't really have a clue HOW the mare ever did it, but she was glad that Ponyville had somepony like her around...it was always fun to see the place burst out into song or be subjected to the wild and wacky whims of the wild party mares ways!

Satisfied with herself now that the hug had lifted her spirits, Berry made to take her shopping pile and started back in the direction for home...a bright smile now firmly planted on her muzzle.

The day now seemed a whole lot brighter than it had previously, and the wine maker had to remember to find some way to thank Pinkie for that couple of minutes that would last a good while!.

Pinkie Pie's ears flattened momentarily as Berry withdrew from the hug. "Byyyye Berry! Write me! We should have a slumber party one night! You bring the juice, I'll bring the cupcakes! And candy! And caramel corn! And tennis rackets! And socks! And soap! And board games! And rope! And more candy! And balloons! And confetti! And makeup! And cement mixer! It'll be a nighty-night of slumbery slumberness to remember! I'm sure Pinchy'd love to have a special mare makeover!"

Pumpkin Cake, meanwhile, growled dangerously as the Doctor yoinked the end of his stethoscope out of her drooling mouth. The nerve! The tenacity! She crossed her little arms, frowning fiercely at the adult stallion with soul-melting scorn.

The pink mare turned her attention back to Lyra, pulling her back into a hug under her left arm. She swept her right arm around Bon Bon's neck and pulled her in, squeezing both mares tightly. "That's quite a lotta bits ya got there! I dunno what I'd do with that many bits, maybe buy a huge cake! Yes, I know I work in a bakery and I could get one for free, but I've never actually sold anything to myself before! Oh wait, yes I have! I tried to be my own twin for myself one day and I found out it was tricky being me. Speaking of siblings, have you ever met my two sisters? I really miss them! I wonder what they're up to? Don't struggle or you'll hurt yourself. Move with the flow of the hug! Yup, like that! It's like taking a bath in warm butterscotch pudding. Mmm! Feels good, doesn't it?!"

She unceremoniously released Lyra and Bon Bon, glancing to Pumpkin. She didn't look terribly happy, but the Doctor seemed to be keeping her busy. Her gaze shifted to the two brothers, Flim and Flam. "Oh, so you two are going to be nice now huh? That's super-swell, we need more friends around Ponyville! Say, did I miss hugging anypony? I give secondsies, thirdsies, forthsies, and especially like giving fifthsies!" Pinkie Pie gigglesnorted, clearly pleased with herself!

"Lyra! How nice to see ya! What's going on?! Pumpkin Cake and I are on a mission to spread as many hugs as we possibly-possible can today! Things're getting musical around here, so I suppose we could try singing and hugging at the same time!"

"Ooh!" Lyra started with wide eyes. "That sounds like a super super awesome mission, Pinkie! Hugs are like music; both need to be spread as far and wide as can possibly be to make ponies happier than happy."

She nodded brightly several times and then sprung ahead a little. Pinkie could be a little crazy and random and silly, but in terms of easygoing good cheer, she was one mare who was definitely on the same wavelength as Lyra. Giving hugs to everypony who wanted them was a super fun, super awesome idea. Lyra almost wished she had thought of it!

"Lyra! I was coming to see you...and here you are about to get free hugs when I would give you free hugs! Hmmpph! Look at how today went! Made more today than I usually do in a week."

"Ooh, hi Bonnie!" Lyra started, bouncing toward her favorite mare, more or less oblivious to the other's momentary play at anger. "What do ya know, I was on my way to see you too when I heard the singing and found Pinkie here!"

She nodded at the bits Bonnie was holding. "That's amazing, Bonnie, but I'm not surprised! Your bonbons are so delicious. Who could help but want some?"

"That's quite a lotta bits ya got there! I dunno what I'd do with that many bits, maybe buy a huge cake! Yes, I know I work in a bakery and I could get one for free, but I've never actually sold anything to myself before! Oh wait, yes I have! I tried to be my own twin for myself one day and I found out it was tricky being me. Speaking of siblings, have you ever met my two sisters? I really miss them! I wonder what they're up to? Don't struggle or you'll hurt yourself. Move with the flow of the hug! Yup, like that! It's like taking a bath in warm butterscotch pudding. Mmm! Feels good, doesn't it?!"

Lyra laughed and smiled as the pink mare went off on a series of odd tangents. Pinkie was a strange mare, but that's what made her fun. When she moved in to grab both her and her mare into a tight double hug, Lyra was happy to just go with it. She hugged Pinkie back and smiled.

"That was a great hug, Pinkie," Lyra said with a laugh. "i think Bonnie still needs more though!" she said before immediately pouncing her fillyfriend and hugging her extra tight.

Doctor Stable saw how sad Pumpkin Cake had become. It was then that the unicorn physcian's face brightened as he remembered something extra he had in his black bag. Levitating it over to the foal, it was a plastic (and safe) replica of his own stethoscope.

"There you are, young lady, this is my gift to you. I have plenty more back in my office," Dr. Stable said, hoping the substitute object would satisfy the baby filly. Meanwhile, Flim and Flam waited no time in approaching the stand and broke out into song again:

"Hugs are fun! Hugs are nice!" Flam sang.

"They're so fun we'd do them twice!" Flim added.

"Because hugs make the world go around!" the two sang in unison.

"It's time for hugs, Miss Pinkie Pie"

"And they're free, WHAT A BUY!"

"Because hugs make the world go around!"

"And would we be at all remiss?"

"If you added a simple kiss?"

"Let there be no more delay!"

"We've got one more line to say..."

"HUGS MAKE THE WORLD GO AROUND!!!"

With that, Flim and Flam extended their front hooves upward, ready for a hug (and maybe a kiss too?)

BonBonPostBannerwithtext.jpg

Pinkie's hug had the power of a thousand angry minotaurs crushing the tiniest of cubes underneath their bulging mass of muscles. Where the hay did she get the strength? She was superpony, that one, and as Bon Bon's eyes bulged out ever so slightly out of her head she briefly wondered if a free hug would be the death of her! And what a way to go, coming down to meet her mare and instead being done in by a super excitable Pinkie Pie with an equally excitable hug and geez she was on every coffee bean in a hundred miles. She spoke faster than Bon Bon could think, though that probably had something to do with her being choked out! Just as the huggalicious power of Pinkie Pie was going to be just too much for this silly filly from Canterlot, it ended. Bon Bon felt a rush as she could finally breath again, stumbling a bit before smiling.

"Wow Pinkie, that was one of the tightest hugs...ever, not even just of what I've had but probably in history. i think you should contact the royals and see if they can set up some sort of super hug competition. I bet you'd be able to set a record, though I'm not sure there is actually a way to record a hug record...hmmm...would be interesting, though!" Bon Bon offered, tossing a few bits Pinkie's way. Share the wealth, a fortunate policy of hers for those in her vicinity.

"Free hugs or not, you deserve them! I think you popped my back into place," She laughed, jiggling her bit bag some more as she turned to meet her mare-

-and was ambushed with a hug from Lyra. Now, her hug wasn't as tight as Pinkie's- thank Celestia, Bon Bon would pop like a balloon- but it caught her more off-guard. More importantly, Bon Bon wasn't going to be outdone. She snaked her forelegs around her mare and started hugging hard as well. Eventually somepony would have to pass out due to excessive love!

"I'm....gonna hu....hug...you...SO HARD...!"

• 2 weeks later...

Pumpkin Cake was thrilled! A new plastic toy, just for her! She crammed the plastic stethoscope into her mouth, drool running down her pale beige chin as she suckled with gusto. If there was heaven, this is it! She smiled a thank you to the Doctor, quite pleased with her new friend!

Pinkie Pie, meanwhile, released her hug on Bon Bon. She heard a distinct crack as she squeezyhugged the mare. It was a sound she heard often, and it was often followed by a gasp of surprise or a sigh of relief from her hug-receiver. She furrowed her brow as bits were offered. "Nosirree, nope, nada, not happening!" She shoved the bits back into Bon Bon's hooves, shaking her heard furiously. "Free hugs are F-R-E-E totally one hundred percent without any doubt whatsoever now and forever gratis, pro bono, et cetra!"

She turned to the singing twin brothers. She cracked her neck. This would take some oomph. She spread her arms wide, wide, wider...and grabbed both Flim and Flam at once, pulling them to her middle. Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze!

• 3 weeks later...

An odd little couple slowly made their way towards Sugarcube Corner. One was an little blue filly Pegasus, and the other was an adult griffon decked out in a green hooded sweater. Both were carrying bags marked with a single red apple. They appeared to be in the middle of an conversation.

windwalker.png

“I hope somepony can help that poor unicorn. She was kind of pretty, but she got all scary looking when she tried to fight Princess Twilight. You’d thought that guard would have snatched her and thrown her in the nearest dungeon.”, the filly tried her best to keep up with the griffon, “Still kind of upset that the Princess ignored us, and come to think of it, she also cut in front of us!”, the girl stopped in her tracks as she noticed a couple of very official looking chariots as they flew by. Both were heading towards the large farm the pair had just spent the better part of an hour at. “Can’t see the ponies in those chariots. Sun’s in my eyes. Can you, Zelda?

zeldainhoodie.png

The griffon tried her best to see what V.I.Ps (Very Important Ponies!) were being transported, but could not see through the brightness of the sun, “Can't say I can Wind. But I bet it must be royalty. Heard Luna was here not that long ago, and with Princess Twilight here, I wouldn’t be surprised if Celestia and that other princess-chick show up soon. Wonder what’s going on?” The two quickly gave up their little mystery as they took notice of the rather unique building that laid before them.

Wow.”, the filly gasped, “Looks like somepony really went to town with the whole theming thing. If this building were out in the woods you’d know an foal-eating witch would live there. Nibble, nibble, gnaw, who is nibbling at my little house?", the little pony known as Wind tried her best to imitate an old mare. "Must be 'Sugarcube Corner'! I heard they have the best candy apples! Can we stop by? Fire won't be here for another hour!"

Zelda placed a hand on her chin and pondered, "Maybe. But look over there!", she pointed a clawed finger at the assortment of ponies that were mingling near the entrance, "They must be having some sort of event like in the farm. Hey kid, if we're lucky, we might get something good and for free!", they both quickened their pace, hoping not to miss whatever was going on.

Flim and Flam were now locked in close embrace with the hug-giving Pinkie Pie.

"I must say... you have... quite a grip..." Flim muttered while in the pink filly's strong embrace.

"I can... barely... breathe..." added Flam, struggling as he and his brother were being hugged.

"Serves the two of you miscreants right!" Doctor Stable neighed as he applauded. Then he turned towards little Pumpkin Cake, "I hope you are enjoying my gift to you. Wear it, chew on it, it's perfectly safe with no sharp or hard edges!"

Pumpkin Cake was all about hard edges. In fact, her first greeting to Princess Cadance was by latching onto her horn with her mouth. That incredible, pink, smooth horn. She longed to stuff it in her mouth again. Resigned, she crammed the rest of her toy into her mouth, drool spilling out of her mouth like a small waterfall.

Pinkie Pie, meanwhile, was hugging something serious. "Eeeeeee! Errrmmm! Hnnnng! Hang on there, you two! I'm not done yet!" The huggy pink mare braced herself and squeezed the two brothers together. Pinkie Pie wasn't the strongest Earth Pony, but she did work in the bakery, which was pretty labor intensive. She spent many mornings mixing large batches of cupcakes, lifting heavy sacks of flour and sugar, and kneading huge mounds of bread dough. This was part of her secret of staying relatively in shape, despite her almost exclusive diet of sweets. That, and parties. Lots and lots of parties.

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed two newcomers. They didn't seem familiar to her. She spun around, waving with one hoof to the griffon and blue pegasus, while keeping the Flim Flam brothers firmly locked in the crook of her elbow. "Hiiiiiiiiiiya! Welcome, welcome, welcome, a fine welcome to you! Little Pumpkin Cake and I are giving out FREE hugs today! Did'ja want one, did ya? Huh huh huh?!"

Zelda finally got a good look at the crude sign hanging nearby as the mare spoke up. “Hugs?”, her eyes fell upon the bouncy light raspberry coated earth pony. It was yet another one of the Equestria’s brave defenders, Pinkie Pie! Still, there was something that bugged the griffon. The mare and her friends had helped to save the world at least a dozen or so times. Had they been knighted by now? Would it be proper to call her ‘Dame Pinkie Pie’? While the blacksmith thought for a moment, the Pegasus pony that was at her side quickly cantered over to the little unicorn foal. “Ohmygosh!”, she gushed, “What a little cutie! She looks sort of like Ticker Tape! Except Ticker’s a little older. And a Pegasus! But she’s still so cute!”, she cooed.

uu06.png

The griffon’s beak creaked open in surprise, “Er, Wind? You alright? Sun hasn’t gotten to you yet? Or did that crazy mare hit you with some sort of magic?” Zelda thought the baby was cute as well and while she briefly pondered if the kid was in fact, Pinkie’s, she quickly came into a realization that she too managed to get saddled with a little squirt, but at least that foal wasn’t talking yet. Still, her best friend’s sister normally did not act this way..EVER!

There’s nothing wrong with me!”, the filly yelped back, “I just think she’s cute. I also think we should get candy, and maybe even a hug from Miss Pinkie Pie here.”, she glanced over at the pony and held out her two front legs, “She’s a hero and when she hugs me, I’ll gain her awesome hero-skills and stuff! Then I’ll be a hero too! Then she’ll hug you, and you won’t be so cranky! Then we will get candy!.”

The bird-kitty creature folded her arms and sighed, “Uh-hu! Whatever kid!”, she let out a proper griffon ‘huff’.

(Little doodle done by Loop as part of a commission!)

Celestia's sunlight flooded into the open window of the sleeping mare's room, the steady ray of sunlight eventually touching the sleepy pony's cheek. Rolling in her bed as she opened her eyes the unicorn pulled herself out of bed and rubbed the sleep out of her eyes, "Some days ya just don' wanna get outta bed..." she thought to herself before hopping out from the covers. With a long yawn she approached the window and took a deep breath as she exposed her still bedraggled visage to Ponyville below.

It seemed like a truly beautiful day and as usual this town seemed as lively as ever, with a certain pink earth pony bringing her usual quirky display of affection to anypony willing to be on the receiving end, although this particular unicorn is unaware of the exact specifications of the event below. She didn't have time to worry about that for now though as she needed to get on her way. This was the day of her Checkout after all and she didn't have enough bits to cover an extra day. While she loved this town a lot she had a been world out there to explore... but it couldn't hurt to spend a while among the citizens of Ponyville before her departure.

With a smile on her face and a spring in her trot she took her scarf and wrapped it around her neck. Next the unicorn took her straw hat and tossed it into the air and caught is perfectly on her head, her horn and ears poking through the holes she'd put in it as per usual. Descending down the stair the young unicorn paid the innkeeper, dropping several gold bits on the counter and wishing him a good day.

No sooner did she get out did she notice a little blue pegasus cantering right past her, "Where's the fire?" she thought as she looked to a familiar looking pink pony bearing a curious sign that promised free hugs. The golden-tan unicorn put her hoof to her chin and chuckled,"Huh, I guess A free hug couldn' hurt."

With nudge of her hoof to the brim of her hat she trotted toward the small group and spoke up,"Afternoon ta all o' ya!" she said in a cheerful tone.

• 3 weeks later...

Still in Pinkie Pie's vise-like grip, Flim and Flam began to struggle, their faces starting to turn slightly pale.

"Please... Miss... Pie... relent," Flim muttered.

:"I think... you....hugged...enough," added Flam.

"My.. breath... is all .... spent.."

"You're... being... too.... rough..."

"Doc! Help us!"

"Do something!"

"I believe I shall do something," Dr. Stable said with a grin before sitting down, lifting his front hooves and clapping them together. "Bravo Pinkie Pie! Keep a good hold on those two vagabonds!"

The unicorn brothers then sneered at the unicorn physician as he continued to applaud.

Pinkie Pie was probably about to get an unexpected visit!

Her sister, Inkie Pie, had come on in on the train just to visit little ol' her. The bashful mare decided to take some initiative and surprise Pinkie. She was all smiles thinking about it. She loved spending time with family, but between things at the shop and finding time for her own friends, she didn't seem to have enough of herself to go around! After asking for direction a few times, she eventually found Sugarcube Corner! With... a line of ponies at it! "Maybe a sale...?"

She almost debated on coming back later. She didn't want to slow things down... Oh but Pinkie was always a hard worker, surely she could talk and work at the same time! They had so much to catch up on! Right, she was doing it. Here she goes!

She went on up to the line, not knowing if she should get in it, or if it would be okay to just go on ahead. Couldn't hurt to ask. She wasn't planning on buying anything, afterall. But once she got closer, she spotted her darling sister... suffocating a couple of stallions. "Pinkie?!" Oh, but then she saw the 'free hugs' sign. How nice! She could remember when they were foals Pinkie would sometimes have a free hugs da-

Oh no...

Pumpkin Cake spat the plastic toy out of her mouth. It was interesting for a while, but there were much more interesting things grabbing for her attention, like Zelda's cooing. She blinked her little blue eyes, looking up at the older pony. She waved a little hoof, drool spilling out of her mouth onto her little tummy. She giggled happily, quite pleased with the show of attention.

Pinkie Pie, meanwhile, dropped both Flim and Flam to the grass like a sack of potatoes. She stretched, quite pleased with her crushy double-hug. "I'm glad you two enjoyed the hug! Don't worry about any numbness, it goes away with time! Heehee!" She spun around, her mouth dropping open in surprise. She was attracting quite a crowd. This was perfectly perfect! She noticed Zelda opening her arms. Clearly a hug was in order! She lept at the mare, pulling her tight against her body. She wrapped her hooves around her back and lifted her in the air, squeezing tightly as tight can be. "Hiiiya there! Yes, Pumpkin is a widdle cootie patootie, when she's in a good mood. She especially loves if you give her things to stick in her mouth! Eeee!" Pinkie looked over Zelda's shoulder, smiling brightly at an approaching unicorn and an ashen-colored Earth Pony. She looked rather familiar. Very, very familiar.

"I...Inkie!? OhMIGOSH! Nooo way! HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!" In her excitement of seeing her sister, she forgot about her firm vice on Zelda. Squeeze squeeze...crush!

Glimmer bounced along down the street, her big purple bow bobbing up and down with each hop.

"This is where Razor said he got attacked? But I don't see any terrifying pink crusher of doom as he put it." She said, looking around with curious eyes.

Her big brother had just come back to their hotel room, or well dragged maybe. He seemed unable to straighten his back. Naturally she was worried, but he had said he would be fine. And when she asked who did it he said something about hugs and crushing doom creature of pinkness.

Razor always talked funny when he was hurt like that. Funny, he always seemed to get a back problem when he came to this town now. So once Razor was firmly adjusted to the bed, and several heating pads placed on his back, she naturally went to investigate.

Then she noticed the sign, "Of free hugs!"

She quickly hopped over and noticed a pink pony hugging a griffon. And, was that Windy? She waved hello, before focusing back to the pink pony. Was that the pink crusher of doom? She didn't look at all doomy. In fact Glimmer liked her on sight, anygriffon or pony that gave out a free hug had to be fun!

"Free hugs!" She cheered and pounced over, before sitting down to take her turn.

OOC: Ulp! Sorry! My post might have been a little confusing considering I was posting at 2AM. Zelda is the Griffon, Wind Walker is the little Pegasus filly. Wind was the one holding her arms out for a hug)

The little filly fully accepted Pinkie’s hug, “Thanks Miss Pie! You're the best!", Wind Walker glanced over at the baby as the older mare spoke, "Oh, she's probably getting ready for teething. I know for a fact that she's gonna be an extra cranky kid when that happens! She's probably making her gums get real strong so it doesn't hurt that much. Smart kid!". Once freed from the pink pony's grip she bounced away, "Hey! Don't forget Zelda! She's being extra grumpy today, and you're her only hope!", she waved a hoof towards the black furred griffon who could only grin and waved her front paws ,"That's alright! I'm good!"

After catching sight of the little griffon, Wind quickly made her way over to the girl and gave her a quick hug, "Glimmer! I haven't seen you in ages! How you doing? How's Razor?", she glanced around, "Actually, where is Razor?" She was very surprised that the over-protective brother of hers would allow her to roam around a village by herself, especially a village that seemed to go through a good deal more excitement than most major cities.

Glimmer quickly grabbed Windy into a hug and squeezed as hard as her little griffon muscles could.

"Windy! Its soooo good to see you again!" She squealed, squeezing harder.

She let the filly go, "I'm fine. And so is Razor. Or well he was a moment ago. He went out to do some errands, but when he came back to our hotel room he was dragging himself across the ground and saying something about his back being broken in three or four places."

Glimmer giggled slightly, remembering that sight. It was rather funny. "Actually I think he was just being dramatic. But his back did seem to be in a bit of pain. So he is resting. I came to see what happened, he kept going on about some pink creature of doomness, and free hugs. Actually the hugs were what brought me here the most."

She looked over toward the pink pony, "Say is she the one giving free hugs?"

Having just been released from Pinkie Pie's iron grip, Flim and Flam lay on the ground panting and whincing for air.

"Sweet... release..." Flim panted.

"Some plan.. you.. had..." Flam panted.

"So, we didn't... sneak a kiss..."

"We're lucky... to be... uninjured..."

"So THAT'S what you two were after!" Dr. Stable neighed in anger, "I'm not surprised."

"Some help YOU were, you quack!"

"I think that pink pony broke my back!"

"Now now boys, you're both fine. But if you're concerned, I can give you a complete checkup at the hospital tomorrow. If you need a shot, I have a fine selection of needles I can use to..."

"Er, no thanks my good stallion! I'm suddenly feeling quite well!"

"So am I, dear brother of mine!"

"Glad to hear it, boys!" Dr. Stable giggled as the unicorn stallion turned towards Pinkie Pie. "Oh Miss Pinkie Pie, I do believe these two fine upstanding unicorns could use another one of your classic strong hugs!"

"Er... no... no we don't..."

"No thanks... we've had enough..."

Pinkie Pie set Zelda down, looking to the Doctor. She blinked her large, blue eyes quizzically. "They want another hug?! Gee, I don't see why not! You know something I haven't done before is give an upside-down hug!" She grinned, raising her arms. She cracked her shoulder bones ominously, grabbing the brothers with her raw earth pony strength. She fell backwards, her feet poking in the air, her poofy tail swishing about wildly. She balanced herself perfectly upside down, taking the brothers along for the ride...

"Weee! Lookie, the world is upside do~WWWN! Wooohooooo!" She smiled, tweaking her ears in welcome to Glimmer. "Ooh, you have pretty eyes! How neat! I seem to be attracting lots and lots and lots and lots of griffons today with my Hug business! You featheries must really like hugs!"

Archived