[Ponyville] Hugs! Hugs! Free Hugs! (Open; No Post Order)

Rosewind

Red Cedar gave a little start of surprise as the pink mare hoisted him off his hooves. Luckily for him, being an Earth Pony himself meant he could take a little stronger hug than most, but she was still giving him a run for his bits. With his arms around her neck, holding steady, and his muzzle buried in her sweet-smelling mane, he nodded. "Mm-hmm, I'm okay!" he said, squeezing Pinkie Pie back as best he can from up high.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pinkie Pie giggled as she squeezed Cedar. "Aren't hugs great?! They make me feel sooo good all over, just like when you get out of a bath, or enter a carnival for the first time, or wake up in the morning and don't want to get out of bed, or opening a present, or laughing with a friend, or when you go inside after playing in the snow and have a mug of hot chocolate! Mmmm!" She tightened her grip, clearly intent on making the hug last as long as possible. She looked over Cedar's shoulder at the slumbering griffoness and Pumpkin. The two wrapped together was too much cute to bear.

"Awwwwwwwwww! Well er, your sister is a bit old. I'm sure she can feed herself, Razor!"

"I believe the foal will be fine for the moment, Mr. Razor," Dr Stable said with a smile, a smile that grew even wider when the griffon placed his sleeping sister beside Pumpkin Cake. "Those two do look rather, cute, together. Probably best not to disturb them."

Now that his circulation was returning to his limbs and his brain, Pigpen slowly rose back up to his four hooves. The formerly shaggy, unkempt stallion had just experienced the greatest, warmest, most special hug in his entire life. What was this strange sensation he was beginning to feel? Was it being caused by his restored blood flow in his body, or was he feeling, something.. more? All Pigpen could do now is stare at Pinkie Pie, the pupils in his eyes now formed into red hearts! Could it be, was Pigpen truly, in LOVE?

"Such a beautiful mare..." Pigpen uttered dreamily with a goofy grin now on his face. This behavior was enough to get the attention of his friend, Mr. Waddle and his pet raccoon Rascal.

"Are you alright, sonny?" the elderly stallion asked before waving his front hoof in front of the still motionless Pigpen's face. "Pigpen? Are you feeling well? Pigpen?"

Red was hardly in a position to argue about how good hugs were, held off the ground as he was by Pinkie Pie. Even by Earth Pony standards, she gave quite the hug, and he indeed started to squirm a little in her arms, his own still wrapped around her shoulders in return. "Like a summer breeze in the forest," he said, adding his own comparison for how good hugs were.

• 2 weeks later...

"Breezes! Pah! What you want is a hug tornado! A hugnado! Hold on tight!!" Of course, she probably didn't have to tell Cedar twice -- she was hugging him with the grip of an Ursa Major! The pink mare started to twirl around, twirl twirl twirl. She gained speed, faster and faster. Ponyville began to spin in a whirly visage, first a glimpse of City Hall, then Sugarcube Corner, then the Library, around and around and around and around and around. Of course, Pinkie wasn't looking where she was spinning Cedar, and made her way like an out-of-control spinning top toward Pigpen and the Doctor...

Mr Waddle saw the 'hugnado' coming and shouted "LOOK OUT EVERYPONY!" before ducking for cover behind a nearby tree. However, neither the lovestruck Pigpen nor Doctor Stable could react in time.

"OH NO!" Doctor Stable neighed as he braced himself best he could for impact.

"COME TO ME, MY LOVE!" Pigpen shouted, throwing his front legs up in the air, ready to be hugged again.

"Have you taken leave of your senses?" Mr Waddle yelled out, "get out of Pinkie's way!"

"Why would I do that to my future bride?" Pigpen shouted back as he waited, huge grin on his face.

Razor scratched his head as he looked at his little sibling and the sleeping foal. He had to admit...they did look cute.

Glimmer herself purred as she pulled Pumpkin snuggly to her and wrapped her wings about them both in a feathery blanket. Like a kitty cat wrapping around a favorite toy, or a mommy kitty around her babies. So snuggly.

Razor rolled his eyes as Pinkie made a comment about Glimmer able to feed herself.

"Of course she can feed her self. I meant-Whoa!" Razor jumped as he saw a pinkie tornado heading towards them. Or at least the two ponies beside him. At the rate she was moving he felt confident that a collision was very possible. And the pony, Pigpen was it, wasn't moving out of the way!

"Move you lunatics!" He ordered, athletic reflexes kicking in and him diving to grab the stallions by their tails and yanking them as hard as he could out of the way. Or he hoped he could.

With so much commotion, Glimmer's brow furrowed slightly in irritation and she snuggled up closer with Pumpkin.

As Red Cedar felt himself begin to get spun around, his rear hooves lifting further away from solid ground than they had been under the force of Pinkie Pie's hugging, he found that about all he could do was hold her around her shoulders for dear life and bury his muzzle in her cotton candy mane. There was now absolutely no denying that this was going to be one of the most intoxicating - no, dizzying - hugs he had ever received.

It was during the one or two milliseconds he was brave enough to open his eyes, though, that he noticed he was being spun in the general direction of two others. He just hoped he wasn't about to give one of the other stallions a hoof to the head, and tried drawing in his rear hooves a little to prevent it.

Pumpkin Cake wrapped her forehooves around Glimmer's neck, planting her mouth directly on her beak. She snoozed, suckling contently. It was really too much cute to bear.

Meanwhile, Pinkie spun faster and faster, and faster! She could see Cedar was clearly enjoying the spinning hugnado. She gritted her teeth, putting more power into her spin. Bits of grass and uprooted wildflowers spun off into different directions, along with a healthy cloud of dust. "Wa-a-a-a-a-a-tch out there, Razor!" Pinkie called out loudly. She could see he was trying to pull the two stallions out of he way of her hugnado, but alas, the suction force and speed of the hug caused her to barrel into the pint-sized griffon, as well as the the Doctor and Pigpen, if they didn't manage to escape in time...

She clung ever tightly to Cedar, her poofy pink mane whipping in every direction. She rather enjoyed his smell -- it was almost like taking a trot through a fresh cedar forest! "Future bride?! What the hay?" She called out, clearly confused as she spun in a flurry of hooves, manes, tails, and legs.

carrot_top_by_harwicks_art-d6n5g02.jpg

It was a beautiful day selling her carrots at the market, and Carrot Top decided to take a moment from her business to take in the sights of the town and say hello to her friends. She had only ventured a short distance when her ears perked up at the sound of a commotion nearby.

"I wonder what's going on?" The earth pony said as she ventured in the direction of the noise. She was not an easily frightened pony by any means and if there was an argument maybe she could help resolve the conflict. When she walked around a building though her eyes went wide seeing the big spinning whirlwind of pink that sucked up several ponies before her very eyes. But the worst thing was that this spinning thing now came right for her!

"Ahhhh!" she screamed as she darted away, "Gotta get away from this thing... wait was that Pinkie Pie's voice I heard in that tornado?"

Little did she know that as much as she tried to flee the tornado spun faster than she could run and slowly gained on her.

As the Pinkie Pie 'tornado' rushed towards them, Mr. Waddle decided to flee while Doctor Stable tried to talk sense into the still lovestruck 'cleaned up' Pigpen.

"RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!" Mr. Waddle shouted as the elderly Earth Pony ran as fast as he could (which wasn't very fast) attempting to escape the oncoming 'pink tornado.'

"Don't just stand there, Pigpen! Get out of the way of that, that, thing!" Doctor Stable pleaded.

"COME TO ME, DARLING!" Pigpen yelled out as he continued to stand on his back legs with his front legs extended in the air, ready to embrace the mare of his dreams. As Doctor Stable continued to plead and Pigpen anxiously waited, suddenly, each stallion felt a strong pull on their tails, pulling them away from the Pinkie-hugnato.

"YYYEEEEOOOOWWWW!" the unicorn stallion physician yelled before turning his head to see that it was his friend Razor, saving them from collision with the fast spinning Pinkie Pie. "Many thanks to you, Razor! That could've been disaster for us!"

"NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Pigpen howled as the Earth stallion was being pulled away. "I MUST HAVE THE ONE I LOVE!"

Struggle as he might, Pigpen couldn't stop his backward drift, much to the relief of both Doctor Stable and Mr. Waddle.

With the stallions out of the way, Razor turned to dive away from the ever approaching hug-nado. And as he hit the ground out of the way, enough to avoid getting hit at least, he sank his talons into the ground as he felt the power of the suction force from the speed of the spinning, so much that he actually felt his body being lifted and pulled toward the tornado!

"Agh! Must...hang.....on." He grunted as he felt his body be lifted up and pulled toward the tornado, his talons digging across the dirt, leaving deep cuts in the ground as he struggled to keep from being sucked in.

Still, not all of Razor escaped the power of the hug-nado, as he started feeling pinpricks of pain as he felt his FEATHERS, start being yanked out one by one from the suction power.

"Ow...ow owowowowowowowowowowow!" He gasped as he felt thirteen feathers get yanked off from the air and fly into the tornado, where tickling and sneezing could occur.

Red kept clinging to Pinkie as hard as he could, attempting not to get thrown off or impact some other unsuspecting pony. The whole combination of motion and hug was enough to make him giddy, so he just didn't think it was at all fair when something - he couldn't tell if it was Pinkie's mane or something else - started brushing against his sides, his hooves, his legs, caught up in the whirlwind of the hugnado with him. And they tickled! That wasn't fair, but it'd be a hug to remember all the same!

Trying with all his might not to squeal in Pinkie's ear, he held on tightly, trembling under the onslaught.

Pinkie Pie spun faster and faster. The wildflowers surrounding Sugarcube Corner bobbed and danced from the windy dust the spinning entourage was kicking up. She noticed a patch of orange approaching. She knew that orange mane anywhere, it was Carrot! "Hi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi!" Pinkie called out a midst the spinning flurry of ponies. "Wann-a-a-a-a-a hug?! Su-r-r-r-r-re you do!"

She squeezed her arms tighter around Cedar, who seemed to be doing a good job of holding on to her body as she spun. Pinkie aimed the hugnado toward poor Carrot, as hooves, manes, tails, and everything spun around fast and fast and fast. She noticed several of the ponies yoinked out of the way by Razor. "Hey-y-y-y-, noooo f-a-a-air!" She giggled, feeling like she might pass out herself from the force of her own hugnado. She could see Carrot getting closer and closer, until she was able to nab her with her free arm, pulling her into the swirling mass of ponies. Pinkie grinned, squeezing her tightly. "Hiiii! Welcome to the hugnado!"

For a moment Carrot thought that voice in the tornado was from Pinkie Pie. the cream colored mare though quickly passed it off as the wind or something. At any rate getting away from the dancing dervish was top priority. Little did she know it was fast gaining on her tail!

"Hi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi!" Pinkie called out a midst the spinning flurry of ponies. "Wann-a-a-a-a-a hug?! Su-r-r-r-r-re you do!"

Now it was unmistakable, Pinkie had become this spinning hugging thing that seemed to already swallow up ponies already.

"Pinkie Pie? How did you... what are you?"

Before answering, she felt something grab her from behind, making her squeak in fright. She was being pulled into the pink spinning vortex! She dug her hooves into the ground but the force was strong with this tornado! She was sucked in, meeting Pinkie Pie face to face.

"Hiiii! Welcome to the hugnado!"

"Ugh! Shouldn't have had those hay fries. I'm tasting them... again!"

As Mr Waddle helplessly looked on from behind the safety of a nearby tree, Dr Stable and Pigpen, now released from Razor's grip, struggled against the strong 'suction power' of Pinkie Pie's Hugnato.

"Must.. get.. away.." Dr. Stable struggled to speak as he dug into the ground with all four hooves to keep from getting sucked in.

"Why..am I.. fighting this.." asked Pigpen, suddenly realizing that he WANTED to be hugged by Pinkie Pie again. Instantly raising his hooves in the air, the still clean looking Earth stallion felt himself suddenly getting pulled into the vortex of the pink hug-tornado.

"HERE I COME, MY LOVE!!!!"

• 2 weeks later...

Still holding on to Pinkie against all forces of physics, Red gradually realized that there seemed to be yet another pony's shoulder he was rubbing up against now. Opening his eyes briefly, seeing the slightly nauseous look on the face of Carrot Top beside him, he realized that this had now become a group hugnado. "Hi-i-i-i-i-i-i-i!" he said before figuring out that trying to do any sort of introduction right now would just not be worth it.

In all his days, Razor had seen many a crazy thing. In fact, he had done just as many crazy things. It came with being a griffon.

But never in all his days had he been part of what he could only label as a destructive force of nature, and see a pony willingly launch themselves into it with the joy of leaping into the claws of a lover.

"What are you doing you idiot!?" He yelled as he saw Pigpen let himself be dragged by the winds. He risked letting one of his talons release their shakey grip on the grass and grab the stallion by the tail to keep him from flying into the wind.

"Have you taken leave of all your senses?!" He yelled as he struggled to pull Pigpen back.

Of course, letting go and hanging on with only one claw was probably not the best thing given his situation; as he started feeling his claws slip through the dirt.

"No...no...no." Razor said, as he struggled to hang on, eyes glued to his talon as it slowly tore through the grass and out of the ground.

"Nononononononononnononononononononon!" He started screaming as he felt his claw give way and now he and Pigpen both flew towards the hugnado.

He screamed as he saw was yanked into the destructive force and to keep himself from being flung off into the air when it, hopefully, ended he grabbed onto the first thing he could get his limbs around and hung on with a vicegrip like hug.

"If....I....live through this..." He growled, eyes shut tight to keep from getting sick, "I'm...gonna get you."

sadly, his threat didn't seem as threatening if he couldn't glare at Pigpen. He should have left the stallion go to his doom.

'When did I start acting so nice?' He wondered as he felt some more of his feathers get plucked by the speed of the hugnado.

• 2 months later...

Pinkie Pie spun and spun and spun. It felt like she had been spinning the menagerie of her friends for three months! She gritted her teeth, digging her pink hooves into the soft loam outside Sugar Cube Corner. The group gradually came to a rest. Her blue eyes spun in her sockets as she recovered from a monster dizzy spell. She panted, her mane a complete, tangled mess. "Woo! I think I'm all hugged out." Impossible, but true. Pinkie Pie did have a limit of exertion, but she didn't show it often. She was an Earth Pony, after all. "Thanks for coming by for my little hug party, everyo..." her voice dropped off as Pigpen announced his...love for her? "Whoa! Eek! I uh, I like you too, but not likey-likey that much! Let's just be for-realsies friends!"

She nodded sage-like, trotting over to slumbering Pumpkin Cake. She scooped the foal up into her arms, nuzzling her beige little nose. She wasn't going to wake up at this point. "So, I need ideas! Hugs were a big hit, but I think we can do better than this for our next party! Hehehe! What do you all think?!"

Red looked like part of him was apt to keep spinning even after he had his hooves back on the ground. He lurched and staggered a moment, himself being almost at the limit of being able to keep his breakfast down. Finally, he decided that the best way to keep the world from spinning was to hold onto it for dear life, so he sat where he was and did just that.

After a moment or two of heavy breathing, he looked up and smiled. "I'm going to need a chance to recover from this one, first." he said. "Still, this was a little misleading. You said free hugs, but I had to give one to get one."

At last, the Hug-nato was over. Doctor Stable and Mr. Waddle emerged from their hiding places, still in a state of shock over the events of the past few minutes. Pigpen sat in the street, close enough to Pinkie Pie to hear her words of truth to him. The formerly shaggy and unkempt stallion had truly fallen in love with the pink Earth mare, but now, he understood how his 'lady love' felt about him. As the stallion lowered his head in sadness, his friends gathered around to comfort him.

"There there, young fellow," Mr Waddle said calmly, "you will find true love someday. Besides, I really don't think you two were really meant for each other."

"It was the hugging that overwhelmed you," added Dr. Stable, "you know in your heart that you are way out of her league."

"Guess you're both right," Pigpen said, wiping tears from his eyes. "but you have to admit, it was a nice dream while it lasted."

As the trio stood together, yet another figure walked over to see what was going on:

Sherrif_SilverStar.PNGSheriff Silverstar

"Jumpin' Gee-hose-o-phat!" Sheriff Silverstar neighed as the Western attired Earth stallion arrived on the scene. "What in the name of Gopher Gulch is goin' on here? Looks like some kinda tornado's been by an' wrecked things up!"

Finally, after what felt like a lifetime of spinning, the vicious torrent finally came to an end. Feeling his body finally come to a halt, Razor felt his grip loosen immediately after draining all the physical might his smaller form could muster and hit the ground staring up at the sky as his eyes and brain tried to catch up with the rest of his body. Even coming still everything still seemed to be spinning.

"Ugggh," He groaned sickly, "I think I'm...*gullp*..gonna be sick."

He slowly rolled onto his stomach and covered his head with his wings as he slowly got up, staggering to the left then to the right as he got himself balanced.

For a brief moment he thought he just might be able to find a market into selling Pinkie Insurance. The pink pony couldn't be anything but a living natural disaster ready to burst at any moment.

Hearing from a new comer pony about a tornado hitting, Razor looked toward the pony in question and said, "Something like that."

Razor groaned again and seeing that Pinkie Pie was busy taking up the little foal, he should do his best to slip away as well. He took slowly, slightly dizzy steps toward his sister who still soundly in the sun.

He nudged her with his beak, getting a little yawn from her.

"Mmmm, what happened?" Glimmer asked, rubbing at her eyes as she got up.

"You fell asleep. Come on. Let's go home now." Razor answered.

Glimmer yawned again, frowning slightly, "Awww...okay."

Glimmer then turned to Pinkie and quickly nuzzled her side once giving the pink earth pony a smile, "This was a lot of fun Pinkie. I hope we can hang out again more. Sorry I feel asleep though near the end." She frowned slightly once more.

Turning back to her brother, she and Razor then spread their wings and took to the skies. Though Razor seemed to be having some...trouble keeping steady.

"Uh...Razor. Are you okay?" Glimmer asked.

Razor shook his head, still seeing double from his long term spinning, [ "I'm fine....really. I'm fine." He rubbed at his eyes again as he turned to fly off.

And slammed beak first into a tree. He staggered back, shaking his head before flying around the offending piece of nature.

Glimmer watched with concern, but she followed after her brother after giving a last wave good bye.

Round and round the hugnado went making the world around Carrot Top blur in a rainbow of colors. But as soon as it started the ride ended and Carrot felt herself released from the spin. She landed on the ground safely but the world around her still spun. Carrot Top tried to take a step but her legs seemed to get tangled up with each other and down she went in a pile.

"Ugh! Maybe i should lie down here for a while until the world stops spinning."

• 1 month later...

"Thank ya kindly, stranger!" Sheriff Silverstar neighed, tipping his hat to the departing Razor.  "I wanna git ta the bottom of things, I'm gonna ask that thar pink mare..  wait a minute!  That's Pinkie Pie!  Her corny singin' caused a riot back home in Appleloosa many years ago!  I'm gonna give'r a piece of mah mind!"

"Don't do it," Pigpen sobbed, "she'll only break your heart, like she did mine.."

"Cheer up, Pigpen," Mr Waddle said, "you know the old saying, time heals all wounds."

"I'd like to meet the pony that said that, so I can punch him in the snout!" Pigpen grunted.

"Did I hear someone say they were sick?" Dr Stable asked as the unicorn stallion looked all around.  "I am a doctor, I can help!"

Sheriff Silverstar, determined to confront Pinkie Pie, galloped over to her, tapping the pink mare gently on her shoulder.

"Pardon me, ma'am, but I wann have a few words with ya!"

Archived