[Ponyville] Hugs! Hugs! Free Hugs! (Open; No Post Order)

Rosewind

2diD4.pngkqTYG.png

Pinkie Pie emerged from Sugarcube Corner, panting. It was a muggy, summery day, with insects noisily buzzing from bush and flower. She held the unicorn foal, Pumpkin Cake, under her arm. In other other, she held a sign. In her mouth? She carried a big bucket of pink paint. She had a paint brush stashed behind her ear. Pumpkin didn't look terribly pleased. She narrowed her gaze at her foalsitter, not quite sure what she was up to. She blinked her curious blue eyes at the blank sign. [colour=#efa845]"Wah?" [/colour]She said quizzically.

[colour=#ED458B]"Today, Miss Pumpkin, we shall be doing a great service to Ponyville. I don't think we have enough hugs going around, and you and I are going to fix that! Right this insty-instant!" [/colour]Pinkie Pie nodded firmly. Pumpkin blinked, shoving her hoof into her mouth. She suckled on it thoughtfully, clear tendrils of drool running down her chin and mouth. Pinkie sat the foal down on the grass, sticking her sign by the dirt path leading into the bakery. She pulled the paint brush out from behind her ear and stuck it in her mouth, dipping it into the bucket of pink paint. She hastily scrawled on the blank canvas:

[colour=#ff99cc]FREE HUGS! [/colour]

Pinkie trotted backward to examine her hoofwork. [colour=#ED458B]"What do you think, Pumpkin?" [/colour]Pumpkin continued to suck on her hoof, her attention quickly getting stolen away by a grasshopper that was passing through the grass. She swiveled her head like greased lightning as she observed the insect hopping about. Pinkie Pie drew in a deep breath. Deeper. Deeper. Deeper. Her cheeks swelled, her face flushing. Her eyes bugged out somewhat comically. She yelled in her high-pitched voice, loud and clear: [colour=#ED458B]"HAAAAAAY PONYVILLE! I WANNA HUGGY HUG HUG YOU!" [/colour]

The pink mare wheezed, drawing in sharp gasps of breath. She was thoroughly winded from her announcement. Pumpkin thought so too, from the look of shock on her face from the unexpected shout.

Now the fun would begin.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Razor walked down the streets of Ponyville, a heavy bag of small letters, parcels and what not. Work was gonna be profitable, and the heat was mildly pleasant. Though the bugs were annoying.

That's when the scream happened. The sudden volume change was surprising and he covered the sides of his head, where his ears were. He groaned knowing only one pony could be that loud and the voice recognizable. Pinkie Pie.

"What is that pony up to?" He asked. He felt sure it was going to be something out of the ordinary.

He should ignore it.....but, he did feel curious. Then again....she was the one that got him stuck on an island.

"Oh alright. Lets get this over with." He said as he walked over to where the scream originated.

--------------------------

When he got there he saw Pinkie, and Pumpkin. He remembered to keep his tail from her mouth. He then saw the sign, "Free hugs?"

Lore Weaver was returning back to his bookstore when he heard a pony shout. The stallion thought at first that somepony was in trouble. But then he could have sworn that the pony in question was shouting something about hugs?

[colour=#800080]"Why would somepony shout about that," [/colour]Lore said as he looked about the area to see who was shoutting. There nearby was Pinkie Pie, a pony he already met when he went to her fortune telling booth. He just hoped this wouldn't involve any produce being stuck on his horn like a skewer. It took hime some time for his horn to stop smelling like a garden.

[colour=#800080]"Um... did I hear you correctly that you're giving away hugs," [/colour]he asked the pastel pink party planning pony.

HarvestBanner2.png

Harvest had been fluttering overhead when she heard the noise, she grinned ear to ear though hearing of the offering of FREE HUGS! And the best kind of hugs were the ones that were free! She did a lazy circle before landing, beaming as she trotted up to the Pink Pony "AW!" Seeing Pumpkin she just squeed a little bit "Hello there beautiful!" Before turning her attention to Pinkie "Can a Passer by snag one of them there hugs too? Or are they just for locals?" She asked titling her head to one side.

Ugh that Griffon was there, the big fibber pants! Ah well she could ignore him! Free hugs now, no time to deal with pesky fibberpantsonfire Griffons!

Free hugs! [colour=#ED458B]"Free hugs!" [/colour]Pinkie Pie tackled the poor, diminutive griffon in her trademark, crushing earth pony hug. Squeezy squeezy! Pumpkin Cake rolled her eyes as the pair embraced. [colour=#ED458B]"I didn't know you could turn that shade of blue, Razor! Heeheehee! Have a great day!"[/colour]

She turned to the bookish Lore Weaver.

[colour=#ED458B]"Of course I'm giving away hugs! Free! Gratis! Complimentary! One of a kind, amazing Pinkie Pie hugs! C'mere you!" [/colour]She wrapped her pink arms around the nerdy pony, pulling him in close. She squeezed him lovingly, picking him off the ground with her strong grip. Hug hug hug, squeeeeeeze! She dropped him like a sack of potatoes. [colour=#ED458B]"Hey, you smell kind of like old books! Neat! Who's nexty next?!" [/colour]

She noticed a pegasus landing on the grass near the dirt path leading to the bakery. She waved warmly to Harvest, spreading her arms wide! [colour=#ED458B]"Free hugs for everypony! If you're breathing, you get a hug! And you, Miss Harvest, look like you're breathing!" [/colour]Pinkie tackle-hugged Harvest, squeezing her with gusto. She twirled her around in the air. Pumpkin, meanwhile, watched from her spot on the grass. This was amusing, but not as amusing as that time Pinkie was giving out fortunes. She stuck her hoof in her mouth, watching in earnest as Pinkie clung to the pegasus pony.

[colour=#ED458B]"How's that?! Ya got enough hugs, everypony?! I offer seconds! Thirdsies, too!"[/colour]

[colour=#ED458B]"HAAAAAAY PONYVILLE! I WANNA HUGGY HUG HUG YOU!" [/colour]

Rarity was en route to the Ponyville market when she heard these words resound clearly from nearby. The voice was unmistakable. Pinkie Pie was one of her longest and dearest friends. There was no confusing her excitable squeak for that of any other mare. Hearing the screamed words, Rarity chuckled and shook her head. Just what was her eccentric friend up to now? She had to attest that she was rather curious. Her friends all commonly had rather unusual and fun ideas, but Pinkie was easily the most eccentric. Rarity could still recall her stint as a fortune teller and the strangeness that was the pie-foal reading.

[colour=#663399]"Oh, Pinkie..."[/colour] she muttered as she changed her course, stepping toward from where the call had came. She couldn't resist. Pinkie was unusual, but she was usually fun. She walked ahead until she was the sign. "Free Hugs" it read. She just laughed.

[colour=#663399]"Greetings, Pinkie darling,"[/colour] she looked around to see a number of individuals had already gathered. She recognized a male griffon as Razor, a one time customer of hers and a stallion named Lore Weaver, an acquainted with whom she shared a mutual friend and owner of a local bookstore. There was also a mare who Rarity felt she had likely seen before but had never met formally. [colour=#663399]"And greetings to you all as well,"[/colour] she said with a smile.

She looked back toward Pinkie and laughed. [colour=#663399]"So, 'free hugs'? How curious! Tell me, Pinkie, what brought this about?"[/colour] she asked. She noticed Pumpkin Cake was with Pinkie--as she often was--then. [colour=#663399]"Oh, and hello to you as well, Pumpkin dear. I trust Pinkie is treating you well?"[/colour] she said, smiling fondly at the darling foal.

Razor was tackled by Pinkie and given a Earth Pony hug. He felt his face go hot and blushed, being so close to a girl. A girl that....he would never admit out loud he found cute. But when his last reserves of air ran out he started turning blue. He struggled, trying to get away and out of the hug.

"Pinkie....can't.....breathe." He choked, and was finally let go.

He fell to the ground and breathed deeply, "Air....sweet air!"

He lay there, coughing and breathing in oxygen.

"How can she be that strong?" He said to himself, "She eats so much sugar." The health issues so confused him as he got up and cracked his back loudly. He felt sure she had cracked a vertebrae or two.

He rubbed his back and groaned, "Hug....great....I need a chiropractor."

Pinkie Pie turned to Rarity. Her mane immediately poofed up extra fluffy. She grinned ear-to-ear, spreading her arms wide. [colour=#ED458B]"Rarity! It feels like I haven't seen you in forever! If you could say forever was 'since yesterday,' then yes, it's been forever and ever!" [/colour]She waved to Razor. He looked satisfied with the hug she gave him. She was sure he would walk normally in a few days! The spirited pink mare turned her attention back to the fashionista. [colour=#ED458B]"Oh yes! Pumpkin is my co-hugger today! She and I have an agreement that Ponyville does not have enough hugs going around lately. You could say we're Hug Crusaders! Once we give you a hug, you should pass it along to make sure everypony in Ponyville -- and beyond -- gets a hug!"[/colour]

She trotted over and whisked Pumpkin out of the grass. She booped the baby unicorn on her little beige nose. [colour=#ED458B]"I'm going to need you for this one, cutie! We're going to give Rarity an extra special super-dooper amazing superflupendous hug-nado hug!"[/colour] Without another moment's notice, Pinkie held out Pumpkin and charged at Rarity. Pumpkin's blue eyes watered from the sudden rush of wind. She spread out her little hooves, grinning and drooling.

Whoosh!

Pinkie wrapped her arms around Rarity's neck, smooshing Pumpkin between them. She held on tightly and spun, spun, spun! Blades of torn grass and wildflowers blew in different directions as the hug-nado commenced! [colour=#ED458B]"Watch the hair, Pumpkin! You never want to mess up Rarity's doo! Squeeze tightly, don't let go! Annnd we spin one more time! Oh yes! Mmm! Aaah! Wooo!" [/colour]Pinkie's eyes spun in her sockets before she released Rarity. She flopped backward with Pumpkin in her lap. The foal's eyes spun as well. She collapsed on her back, clearly dizzy. [colour=#ED458B]"Weee, Ponyville is spinning! What did you think, Rarity?!"[/colour]

indianapocketchange.png

For the first time since he woke up this morning, Pocket Change was feeling alright. Could it have been the kiss he had just received from the sweetest earth pony mare who had ever walked the earth, or was it from witnessing happy faces along with a generous amount of thanks from his cousin and her two kids after hoofing over a bag of Granny Smith apples? It had to be both! The weather continued to be perfect and he was already starting to forget that it wasn’t long ago when he was being chased by hordes of angry insects. He could have been patient and actually listened to the crazy ‘bug pony’ and his equally nutty sidekick, but he ended up trusting the strength of his legs and the power of his own magic. That was probably not his wisest decision. Thankfully he only came out with a few nasty bites from the whole ordeal and decided he’d probably stay away from that particular side of the woods for now on.

As he walked on, he caught sight of a familiar pony standing next to a large sign marked, “FREE HUGS!” in great big pink letters. Feeling a bit on the snarky side, the unicorn stopped and shouted, “Hey Pinkie! Your friend Applejack was giving away free kisses! And I come here and you’re just giving out hugs? Can’t you do better than that!?”, he added with a wink. He had no need for a hug from the rather bouncy mare, but decided he wouldn’t mind a cupcake from the candy store that was just a few feet away and if he could just see Pinkie squirm for just a moment, it would make his day.

[colour=#ED458B]"Rarity! It feels like I haven't seen you in forever! If you could say forever was 'since yesterday,' then yes, it's been forever and ever!"[/colour]

Rarity chuckled. It was always fun to see Pinkie Pie. Sometimes it lead to weird, Pinkie Pie places but more often than not it proved fun. Pinkie went so far to keep Ponyville such a cheerful and welcoming place. She was truly irreplaceable. Watching her, seeing the looks on the faces of those already hugged, Rarity couldn't help but smile in approval of all her friend brought to the town.

[colour=#ED458B]"Oh yes! Pumpkin is my co-hugger today! She and I have an agreement that Ponyville does not have enough hugs going around lately. You could say we're Hug Crusaders! Once we give you a hug, you should pass it along to make sure everypony in Ponyville -- and beyond -- gets a hug!"[/colour]

[colour=#663399]"I must say that's a lovely idea, darling," [/colour]Rarity said, nodding in approval as Pinkie went to pick Pumpkin up. [colour=#663399]"What better to brighten one's day then the encouragement of a warm embrace."[/colour]

[colour=#ED458B]"I'm going to need you for this one, cutie! We're going to give Rarity an extra special super-dooper amazing superflupendous hug-nado hug!"[/colour]

At these words, Rarity became increasingly concerned. Hug-nado? What in Equestria was that? It sounded concerning whatever the case. She braced herself for the worst as Pinkie Pie approached with Pumpkin. [colour=#663399]"Pinkie... what're you--"[/colour]

Before Rarity got the last word out, it begun... whatever it was. Pinkie wrapped herself around her, Pumpkin between them. Then she began to spin. She spun and spun in ways that only Pinkie Pie could spin. Hug-nado was right. Rarity really felt like she was in a tornado of hugs. As everything spun out of control, she became positive that even were Rainbow to hold her as she made an actual tornado it could not be any more of a hug-nado than this. It was all just non-stop spinning and squeezing and even as it came to and end, everything still was spinning. She teetered back on two hooves and then promptly fell over.

[colour=#ED458B]"Weee, Ponyville is spinning! What did you think, Rarity?!"[/colour]

[colour=#663399]"It won't... stop..."[/colour] Rarity breathed from her spot in the grass, unable to even attempt picking herself back up. [colour=#663399]"Stillll spinning..."[/colour] she muttered as Ponyville continued to seem to spin beneath her.

Pinkie Pie staggered upright, her mane somewhat frazzled. [colour=#ED458B]"I'm really glad you enjoyed the hug-nado as much as Pumpkin and I did! Right, Pumpkin?" [/colour]

The foal looked up from her spot on the grass, her head still spinning. She stuffed her hoof into her mouth and collapsed. Pinkie's ears shot into the air as Pocket Change came into proximity. He looked rather pleased, if not somewhat unsure of what to make of Pinkie's hug offer. Yes, it was true, her bestest best pal Applejack was giving away kisses. She even gave one to Pumpkin. However, that required the purchase of apples. Hugs were gratis, and she was a mare on a mission to ensure every soul in the area would be getting a free hug. [colour=#ED458B]"Oh yeah, Applejack is a good kisser, but she's got nothin' on a Pinkie Pie hug! C'mere you!"[/colour]

Pinkie galloped at Pocket Change. She did a back flip in the air, her poofy mane and tail swirling around like cotton candy blowing in a storm. She spread her pink arms, locked them around Pocket, and squeezed with her mighty Earth Pony strength. [colour=#ED458B]"Eeeeeee! Aaaaah! See?! Doesn't that feel great!? It's like that feeling when you first wake up in the morning, but you don't want to get out of bed, but you probably have to go to the bathroom, but you don't want to move! It's terrible and wonderful at the same time!" [/colour]She didn't realize she was still squeezing him. She blinked thrice, pulling away from the white unicorn. [colour=#ED458B]"There! Pass it on, okay?!"[/colour]

Before he could react, Pinkie Pie wrapped her arms around Lore Weaver and hugged him like a python. She underestimated the pink pony's strength as she litterally swept him off his hooves and hugged him. The last squeeze was one that he was afraid he'd get crushed by but thankfully the unicorn was left unscathed. He was then set down, contemplating what exactly happened to him.

[colour=#800080]"Um wow..." [/colour]Lore said as he got up and dusted himself off, [colour=#800080]"Er... I'm glad you think that the smell of book is neat. Comes with the territory of owning a bookstore I guess." [/colour]

Meanwhile...

Carrot Top wandered the streets until she spotted Pinkie Pie giving hugs. The orange manned pony chuckled as some ponies were surprised at the force of the hug, underestimating an earth pony's strength.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Hi there Pinkie Pie. Oh, are you giving out hugs? Neat! Do you need help? I'm a good hugger too if I do say so myself." [/colour]

Pinkie Pie turned from Pocket to Carrot Top. She grinned widely, wrapping her hooves around her. [colour=#ED458B]"You're a good hugger, huh?! Show me your hugginess! I call this hug the 'Pinkie Pie Special-Edition Superdeedooperdee Hug'!" [/colour]She picked up Carrot, twirled her in the air, then caught her in a warm embrace and smooshed her pink cheek against Carrot's beige one. [colour=#ED458B]"You know, you and Pumpkin kinda have the same colours! Maybe you're distantly related?" [/colour]Pinkie Pie dropped Carrot, her blue eyes wide as her personal head-canon of Cake Family genetics rammed into her brain like a mental meteor.

[colour=#ED458B]"...Oh my." [/colour]She swallowed hard, nibbling on her pink hoof as she recomposed herself. [colour=#ED458B]"Anypony need a hug?! Don't tell me that's it! I know there's more of you out there. I WILL FIND YOU. YOU WILL GET A HUG!"[/colour]

Carrot Top was suddenly swept off her hooves and tossed around like a dancer or ponies figure staking. But the biggest surprise was yet to come after the hug which Carrot knew would be strong. Suddenly Pinkie Pie gave her a kiss on the cheek! It was so unexpected that for a few seconds after being set back down she stood there for a few seconds as her brain tried to process what happen.

Finally when she caught up to the realization, she gave a little smile.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Hey, that was a great hug ... er... and kiss! And you know Pumpkin does look a little like me, except she's way cuter that I was as her age." [/colour]

With that she picked up the foal and gave her a light hug and kissed her on the cheek before setting the pony carefully back on the ground.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Now watch this hug," [/colour]she said suddenly grabbing the white male unicorn and holding him in a dancer's pose with her eyes locked directly into his hugged the pony tightly before releasing the unicorn.

[colour=#ff8c00]"How's that," [/colour]she asked both Pocket Change and Pinkie Pie at the same time.

Pumpkin Cake squirmed as Carrot picked her up and smooched her. She pressed her hoof against the mare's cheek, clearly not interested in the affection from the strange pony. Pinkie narrowed her eyes at the unicorn baby. [colour=#ED458B]"Pumpkin! Be nice! Remember we're here on a mission! A mission of hugs!" [/colour]Pumpkin crossed her arms and pointed her tongue at Pinkie, frowning.

[colour=#ED458B]"Ee! Don't mind her, I think it's getting close to her nap time." [/colour]She watched Carrot give out a hug of her own. Pinkie tapped her chin, scrutinizing Carrot intently as she hugged Pocket. She twisted her face into a mask of mock-horror, which melted into a big grin. [colour=#ED458B]"Looks good to me, I'd give it an 8 out of 10! You okay there, Pocket? I know it's hard to speak after getting so much affection!"[/colour]

While the unicorn knew the pink mare was capable of acrobatics that would put the Wonderbolts to shame, he was stunned by just how fast Pinkie Pie was able to cover enough ground to get to him before the sudden hug-attack. Pocket Change was also horrified to find out that he sounded exactly like a doggy toy when squeezed hard enough.

SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

"Thanks Miss Pie. If you don't mind.", he fell directly onto the path, "I'll just lay here till my bones knit themselves back together.", he was barely on the ground for a second before another mare came to his side, this one sported a orange mane. The unicorn offered no resistance as she quickly scooped him up and gave him a hug of her own. Thankfully this was not as strong as Pinkies, but it helped him get back on his hooves. "Much better. Thank you miss.", he gave the earth pony a proper bow of thanks before turning to the other mare, "That's alright. Never had any problems taking free affection from pretty mares before.", he turned and started to canter off, "Now if you lovely ladies will excuse me, I've got things to do! Good luck with your mission, Miss Pie!", he waved before returning to the streets of Ponyville.

• 2 weeks later...

Berry was passing through town, a basket full of shopping on a trailer behind her - with her daughter off doing things elsewhere, she was mostly having herself a quiet time of managing the punch bar as well as she could on her own...it was doing well enough, but it was a pretty lonely time. Right this moment, she was taking a little time off during this lunch hour to just top up on things needed for home, such as vegetables and the like for the epic salad she was planning to put together tonight for just herself, since she was on her own for a little while.

On her travelling through Ponyvilles town centre, it seemed as though the towns resident Party Mare, Pinkie, was in the midst of what could only have been described as a hugathon, which Berry found to be a rather amusing idea. the line of ponies who seemed to have come to pay huggage to the crazy Mare. Berry ponders for a moment, almost deciding to just ignore it...but a part of her figures it'd been a little while since she'd spoken to Pinkie in the gypsy hut - a hug and a small hello wouldn't hurt, right?

Berry trots over to take her place in the gathering crowd - her shopping wasn't gonna spoil and the weather wasn't likely to rain...well, it was one way of passing a little time at least!

Pinkie Pie's ears shot up. She looked away from Pocket as the burgundy mare approached. She descended on Berry Punch like a spider catching a fresh fly in her web. A web of hugs! [colour=#ED458B]"Berry, Berry, Berry, Berry, Berry, Berry, Berry, Berry, Berry, Berry! I'm soooooOoOoOOOoooOOooOOOoOoOOoOooooOoOoO glad to see you! I was worried for a while after that gypsy cake incident. How is Pinchy? Where is Pinchy? It's like she went off to boot camp or somethin'!" [/colour]Pinkie Pie wrapped her hooves around Berry, as if she was about to do a reverse Heimlich maneuver. She pulled the mare mother in close, panting in her face with cotton-candy-cupcake breath. Squuuuueeeeeze! She tweaked one of her pink ears. Was that a faint cracking sound? No matter, Berry was an Earth Pony like she. She was sure she could take a true, genuine, crushy crush crush hug of deepestly deep deep affection!

Pumpkin Cake watched in earnest from her spot on the grass. Was Pinkie going to snap Berry? She shrugged, sucking on her hoof.

[colour=#ED458B]"Ooof! Oh yes! YES!" [/colour]Pinkie squealed, smooshing her cheek against Berry's face and snuggling warmly. [colour=#ED458B]"You're very huggable! Is that grape juice I detect? You must have some in your mane. It's almost...almost like a beverage made with fermented fruit! It's heavenly!"[/colour] Crushy squeezy!

Carrot Top giggled at the way the stallion reacted to not one but two hugs! He looked like a very surprised and happy stallion when he walked away from the hug fest.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Well it looks like another satisfied customer, eh Pinkie?"[/colour]

The orange manned mare thought it was strange essentially sniffing the pony named Berry, but after hugging somepony that close it was no surprise. No doubt Pinkie caught a scent of wet earth off of her. Carrots, it seemed, didn't have much of a smell compared to other veggies or fruits.

[colour=#ff8c00]"So would you like somepony like me to help in the hugs? We can do tag team hugging!" [/colour]

iep.png

Trotting rather happily away from the direction of the Apple Family Farm, having just received her kiss and apples from the adorable filly Apple Bloom, the Canterlot filly who was very nearly a mare hummed softly to herself as she made her way through Ponyville, looking around with bright eyes and a smile at just about everything and everyone! It was so much more quaint than Canterlot, lacking some of the magic or technology that made the Capital one of the more impressive cities in Equestria, but it had a charm of its own, and it was very... well, nice!

As she made her way through the town, she thought she'd heard someone shouting about 'hugs'. Free hugs, even. Blinking at that, she rounded a corner only to see a bright pink Earth Pony threatening to break another mare in two...! [colour=#33ccff]"Oh my..."[/colour]

[colour=#ED458B]"Berry, Berry, Berry, Berry, Berry, Berry, Berry, Berry, Berry, Berry! I'm soooooOoOoOOOoooOOooOOOoOoOOoOooooOoOoO glad to see you! I was worried for a while after that gypsy cake incident. How is Pinchy? Where is Pinchy? It's like she went off to boot camp or somethin'!"[/colour]

The wine mare gave a small sigh, a slight shrug that weighed a little heavily on Berry as she gave a small sheepish chuckle - her daughter had gone on a school study trip that was due to last a few months and that had left Berry's house quiet and devoid of the usual sounds of mischief and adorableness that her Pinchy was normally responsible for.

" [colour=#dda0dd]Everythings fine, Pinkie - ruby's gone off on a school trip, which I know is going to be good for her...but it's been a little lonely at home, and even if QuickLime visits during the day, it's not quite the same as having my adorable Ruby getting up to no good and generally being the cute ball of fuzz she usually is.[/colour] " Berry says with a small sigh. " I came out to get some shopping, which I s'pose you should be able to tell - still, she'll be back soon and I'll just HAVE to come by yours and get a big fluffy cake or something for her safe return...I'll HAVE to arrange that with you sometime, because I know you make just some of the best cakes at SugarCube corner! " she says with a slightly better smile, as though the discussion of her daughters return was enough to brighten her day.

It was then that Pinkie hugged her, at which point Berry hugged the mare back with all of the hugging capacity that only a mother missing her daughter but currently only able to give one to the crazy but adorable pink mare before her could manage...although Pinkies hugs were most certainly a lot more crushy than she'd anticipated.

[colour=#282828][colour=#ED458B]"You're very huggable! Is that grape juice I detect? You must have some in your mane. It's almost...almost like a beverage made with fermented fruit! It's heavenly!"[/colour][/colour]

Berry was, of course, not surprised that Pinkie could pick up the odors of the raspberry and blueberry hints in her mane...she'd been throwing herself into the juicebar a little more these days owing to Pinchy not having been around so much...plenty of time for some home-focused punch experimenting and taste-testing, both of which she often got a little carried away with. as a means to keep herself distracted every so often...besides, she enjoyed finding new tasty recipes for those who came in regularly for the bars finest drinks!

" [colour=#dda0dd]Ah, well...when it comes to the drinks trade, I do take it seriously[/colour]! " she says with a small nod, a quick flush appearing on her cheeks...her bar was one of the things she was most proud of, and it was always nice when somepony appreciated what she did. "[colour=#dda0dd] I've done a little experimenting with fermenting fruit...latest canterlot-based gossip says it's the latest thing, and I figured that it was worth a try - just waiting for some specialist ingredients to arrive by pegamail later this week, actually...but listen to me, rambling on in the middle of hugs with the Premiere pink party pony, Pinkie Pie[/colour]! "

Berry chuckles slightly, letting the mare finish off her most crushing squeezy hug - at the very least, it had given her day something nice to remember...

( And cured a minor back ache in the process, huzzah! )

Pinkie Pie crushed Berry in her arms as if she was squeezing fruit to make punch. Once she even tried this at Sugarcube Corner by arranging a bucket of fruit and diving off the top of the roof head-first. Crushing fruit by diving was certainly more effective than crushing, right? She missed, of course, and made a rather nice swan dive into Mrs. Cake's petunias, spraying damp loam and mashed fruit everywhere.

Pumpkin Cake, meanwhile, sucked on her hoof, her attention whisked away by a passing grasshopper. She made a grab for it -- intending to stuff it in her mouth -- but it quickly evaded her tiny hooves. Her attention refocused. A white unicorn with a pale purple mane was on the approach. She didn't look like she was from around Ponyville. She waved her little arms, trying to grab Pinkie's attention.

[colour=#ED458B]"You know Berry, we should hug like this more often. Like, every day! We could be bestest best hug-friends! Wouldn't that be super swell? I could mail you hugs, too, so when you felt the need for a hug you could just open my letter and have a hug! I'm really glad Pinchy is doing well, I can't wait to see her again. I bet she'll think Ponyville has changed quite a bit these past several months!" [/colour]Squeeze squeeze squeeze. [colour=#ED458B]"So, you doing anything tonight?! I'd love to try that new 'juice' you're workin' on! Have you ever tried to juice a cupcake? That sounds like it would be pretty tasty if it worked! We should try it together! Oooh, so so much fun!"[/colour]

Pumpkin Cake crossed her hooves. Clearly she wasn't going to be getting Pinkie's attention anytime soon.

Berry gigglesnorts, she hadn't felt quite as amused as this in a while- and even though Pinkies hugs were bone-crushingly tight, she wasn't a fragile flower herself and thus delivered some equally crushing hugging of her own...it was, afterall, the least she could do in this situation! " [colour=#dda0dd]Well, I get the occasional letter...she's having some fun up where she's at, soaking up the culture an' sights of the world around her an' getting all of her set work in as she should...[/colour] " Berry says with pride in her voice, obviously glad to at least know what was going on with her daughter.

As the hug continued, Pinkie asked her a question about her project, and something about juicing a cupcake - which Berry thought of as odd, but then again, this was Pinkie Pie!

" W[colour=#dda0dd]ell, tonight I'll probably go see QuickLime and share a l'il juice whilst we read some books an' relax... [/colour]" she says with a shrug, managing to capture a glance at the rather adorable baby pony doing what babies did at her age...chasing after all of the little moving things in sight. " [colour=#dda0dd]That new juice is still kinda in the testing stages, don't think it's quite ready yet - maybe needs some cinnamon or some chilliflower to add a little bite to it, m'not overly sure. If you wanna lend a hoof sometime though, I got no complaints...although I don't really know what kind of help I can expec[/colour]t! "

Berry chuckes again at the cupcake question, shaking her head a little at the thought. "[colour=#dda0dd] I don't think you can really CRUSH a cupcake - although I BET we could come up with a cupcake themed drink if we had the chance...maybe some kinda desserty milky combination or something...but I figure that kinda thing is more your area, it being a sweet treat theme and all.[/colour] "

• 2 weeks later...

S02E16_UUS1.png Dr. Stable

"Free Hugs? What a delightful concept!" Dr. Stable neighed as he approached the place where Pinkie Pie and Pumpkin Cake were. "Greetings Pinkie Pie and hello to you too, Miss Pumpkin Cake! I'll gladly wait for my turn for a hug. Where did you get the idea to do this, Miss Pie? This will certainly be a great morale booster for Ponyville, and happy ponies are healthy ponies, I always say!"

Dr. Stable smiled at Pumpkin Cake and offered the foal a small piece of sugar free candy.

"Would you like this, young filly? It's made with natural fruit and it won't cause cavities for your young teeth."

Pumpkin Cake claps her hooves together! Finally, somepony was paying attention to her! She sniffed the candy from Dr. Stable's hoof with mock-interest, turning her nose up. She blinked, noticing the shine of the stethoscope around the pony's neck. She drooled, hopping up to latch onto the end of the tool. She suckled happily, tugging on the cord.

Pinkie, meanwhile, squeezed Berry. She didn't want to let go! "Oooh look at that, Dr. Stable is making friends with Pumpkin...oh my! Come with me, Berry! We have somepony to rescue, then hug!" Pinkie dragged Berry along in her arms, shuffling slowly toward Dr. Stable and his new foal "attachment." "Pumpkin sweetie, let go of that heart-beaty thingie! It's for measuring your heart beat, not your tongue beat! Teehee!" The overzealous pink mare pulled Dr. Stable and Pumpkin into a group hug with Berry. She squeezed gleefully. "Ooh yes, this is not just a hug! It's a super group hug! Hnnnnnnng!"

Archived