Canterlot Chronicles Is Live!

Rosewind

z17Oex8.png

The Canterlot.com Roleplay support team is proud to announce Canterlot Chronicles (Beta), an officially supported roleplay area that our players have asked for! This area is not as strict as World of Equestria, and it's more structured than Free for All. We hope to find a happy in-between for characters that aren't strictly inspired by Friendship is Magic canon. Due to the nature of setting up a structured roleplay setting, our Cast/Villain system will need a few tweaks before it's ready to go live. Until then, feel free to submit your Original Character applications in our new sub-forum.

Please check these links for additional information:

New Areas:

We hope you enjoy many new adventures to come with the new freedom of character design and content this area offers!

~ The Canterlot Roleplay Support Team

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So out of curiosity - are we allowed to re-apply WoE OCs in Chronicles, or must all chronicles / WoE characters be distinct and without usage overlap?

Sure. You can write up new apps for WoE characters if the CC version will be different.

Of course, If the character will not be different in CC, this is not needed given all WoE original characters are already welcome. :)

• Like 1

What about my Bowie? He's essentially apped for Crossover's before this change was put in. He's well written, could it be possible to have it moved into the CC accepted apps section?

What about my Bowie? He's essentially apped for Crossover's before this change was put in. He's well written, could it be possible to have it moved into the CC accepted apps section?

For anyone who has an approved crossover/FFA character, I'm afraid you are going to apply again. Canterlot Chronicles is freer than WoE, but it still has a slightly different set of standards from Free RP, and Free RP characters will not automatically be approved. For any CO/FFA character you want to move to CC, please submit a new Canterlot Chronicles app.

Though in the case of Bowie, I regret to say, it's probably still going to be a no-go as from what I can recall the character is based on a character from another media. This type of "ponyfication" character is not approvable in Canterlot Chronicles, and is best still played in the Crossovers Free RP forum (which was made to accommodate such characters).

For anyone who has an approved crossover/FFA character, I'm afraid you are going to apply again. Canterlot Chronicles is freer than WoE, but it still has a slightly different set of standards from Free RP, and Free RP characters will not automatically be approved. For any CO/FFA character you want to move to CC, please submit a new Canterlot Chronicles app.

Though in the case of Bowie, I regret to say, it's probably still going to be a no-go as from what I can recall the character is based on a character from another media. This type of "ponyfication" character is not approvable in Canterlot Chronicles, and is best still played in the Crossovers Free RP forum (which was made to accommodate such characters).

What about Happy Hypie?

If the character is based on a character or person, it really depends on the extent of it. It's possible to just be inspired by something else and not just copy and ponify it. if you're character is judged to be original enough to stand on their own, it might be allowed in to Canterlot Chronicles; it all depends on how its presented.

In you case, I can't say too much definitively as I have no real familiarity with the character you're saying inspired your character.

• 3 weeks later...

Quickie question: If your original character already has an approved WoE application, like Lovinity Hearts, do they still have to file a CC application (basically just a copy of the WoE application) in order to role play? I wanted to double check even though you have mentioned original WoE approved characters were allowed.

Quickie question: If your original character already has an approved WoE application, like Lovinity Hearts, do they still have to file a CC application (basically just a copy of the WoE application) in order to role play? I wanted to double check even though you have mentioned original WoE approved characters were allowed.

Those characters that have already been accepted in WoE are allowed to be played in CC. If you plan on making changes to the character, however, its advisable to re-app the character in CC with the changes you wish to make. FFA character apps are not accepted for CC.