Love and Other Awkward Emotions (Ended)

Lux

The orange manned mare smiled at seeing Haywire understanding what she said about love and taking it to heart by writing down what useful information was conveyed.

"Well I'm glad that you are happy now. Of course the best way to find your special somepony is to always be on the lookout and meet as many ponies as you can. Worst case you'll be making some friends along the way, but you might be able to find your love interest that way too."

Carrot Top turned once again to see her special somepony giving his dreamy eyed look at her. It was interesting how head over hooves the stallion was towards her like everything she said from the smallest most insignificant thing was like a beautiful melody. Then again Carrot wasn't to judge as she felt the same way about him.

"Careful," she said giving him a little kiss on the cheek, "Your face might freeze that way. You know keep that up and you'll be owing me a date with your special somepony just for being cute!"

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I'll take that risk!" Hayseed announced to Carrot Top with a wide, goofy grin on his face.

"Wait a minute!" Haywire neighed, "is all this here the kinda mushy stuff I'ma gonna git inta if'n I try ta git close ta Snails? All mah classmates would laugh at me if'n they seen me actin' like that!"

"Er, what was that, little sister?" Hayseed asked. He was so much looking into the eyes of his very special somepony, he wasn't paying much attention to Haywire at the moment.

"HAY! EARTH TA HAYSEED!" Haywire yelled.

Carrot Top was so enamored over Hayseed's goofy yet cute romantic grin that she almost forgot that there was a certain little filly in her house taking in the sight of the two. That was until...

"HAY! EARTH TA HAYSEED!"

It wasn't for her but Haywire's response shook the mare out of her dreamy state.

"Huh? What?" She said shaking her head like she just woke from a deep sleep, "Oh, Haywire, sorry about that. Um...you asked a question, right? Err... van you tell me it again?"

At first, Haywire was upset at the fact that she was being ignored by her brother and Carrot Top, but then, after giving it some thought, the rust colored filly settled back and calmed down.

"Y'know, now that I think about it, sometimes when I'm around Snails, I kinda feel, well, goofy, like you two was jist now.."

"Goofy?" Hayseed asked in stunned amazement.

"I don't mean that in a bad way, I don't know how ta describe how that colt makes me feel sometimes. It's like, like, shoot! I don't know how ta say it. Y'all know what I mean?"

"I think we both understand, don't we, Miss Carrot Top?"

After recovering from her dreamy eyed look at her special somepony, Carrot Top was finally able to turn her attention back to Hayseed. The poor filly looked upset at first not being noticed by the two, but then realized that she too shared a similar experience when meeting Snails.

"I understand completely Hayseed. Sometimes when you meet somepony that is special... well you might do things that you normally wouldn't. You might even wonder if something is wrong with you! But really this is a sign that you do like somepony. Actually now that I think about, there may be something that you'd be interested in that I'm sure will get Snail's attention if you follow me upstairs."

Haywire squealed with delight at Carrot Top's offer.

"WOW! That sounds great! Sure I'll foller ya upstairs!" the rust colored filly shouted, jumping up and down for joy.

"Better settle down a bit, sis," Hayseed pleaded, "don't wanna put holes in Miss Carrot Top's nice floor, do ya?"

"Oops! Surry!" Haywire said as she stopped jumping. "Reckon I gotta little carried away thar."

"Well, no damage done, but if ya had kept doin' that for a while longer, I'd had ta repair the floor." Hayseed said with a wink.

Carrot Top giggled at the sight of Haywire bouncing up and down like a ball.

"Oh don't worry about the floors. This house may be old but it's pretty sturdy."

She led the group up to the top floor via the spiral stairs built on the sides of the wall. Upstairs the place consisted of two bedrooms and a bathroom a modest arrangement for a simple mare. She entered her bedroom and rooted through a closet for something.

"Hmmm... i know it's around here somewhere... Ah! There it is!"

She pulled out what looked like a pink dress that wouldn't fit a mare but a filly. despite being in the closet for some time it looked very well taken care of.

"So Haywire, what do you think of this dress?"

Haywire's eyes bugged out at the sight of the beautiful dress. Normally, the rust colored filly wasn't much for fashion, but when she saw how wonderful the dress looked and then pictured herself wearing it, excitement filled her young heart.

"WOW!" Haywire neighed. "That sure is a perty dress! Did ya wear it when you was mah age?"

The blank flank filly walked around to look at the dress from different angles.

"This sure is a great dress! It's even got a few pockets! Betcha you could fit your slingshot and a few small rocks in'm ta use when ya need'm! Did ya have a slingshot an' rocks when you was mah age, Miss Carrot Top?"

"Thank you," Carrot Top said as she could tell that the filly took a liking to it perhaps even picturing herself wearing it, "And yes this dress is pretty, isn't it? This was actually the first dress my parents got me. The school was having a dance in Ponyville and all the mares were talking about how they were going to be all pretty in the dresses that they had. I was a little sad that I didn't have a pretty dress to wear for the party and I even considered not going for fear that others would make fun of me. But my parents upon hearing how important this party was to me bought me this dress. But what they really gave me that day was advice. They told me that it didn't matter what I wore or how my mane and tail were styled but how I felt about myself on the inside. They also told me to never regret who I was, and this is something I took to heart. I'm proud to be a carrot farmer who isn't afraid to get her hooves dirty doing what I love and I'll never forget that."

Carrot Top realized that she went on a speech trip, forgetting about the filly who had taken an interest in it.

"I can see though you like the dress so why don't you try it on and see how it fits? I think I might have been the same size as you are when I was a filly."

"Oh WOW! AWESOME!" Haywire shouted as she quickly took the dress and put it on. Rushing over to a full length mirror, the rust colored filly stared at herself wearing the beautiful dress. She turned slightly in all directions, trying to see herself from every possible angle.

"This here dress is AMAZIN'! And ya went to yur first dance in this dress? Ya gotta tell me how it went! Did ya dance with a buncha the fellers? Did ya git ta dance with yur, well, very special somepony at that time? Ya gotta tell me what happened next! PLEASE???"

Carrot Top expected that Haywire would love the dress, but the reaction to her surprise was just as grand as when Carrot laid eyes upon the dress as a filly. But as a surprise Haywire was also interested in how the story went after going to the dance.

"Well alright then. I didn't have a special somepony then but I did have lots of friends to dance with. We had a really good time and I realized that it wasn't about just the dress. It was about having fun. Still I remember that my parents arguing with me a little after the dance as I wanted to sleep in my dress. I guess I was afraid that if I took it of and went to sleep I'd find out that the dress and the dance was all just a dream. But anyway I can see that you like the dress so I'll let you in on a little surprise. The dress is now yours."

Haywire was about to explode, with EXCITEMENT!

"WOW! I kin have this here dress?" the blank flank filly asked as she rushed over to hug Carrot Top. "THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!"

The blonde filly released her hug and then began to do a 'dance' in front of the mirror.

"Wait till ol' Snails sees ME in THIS getup!" she cheered as she galloped down the stairs to her big brother. "Lookie at this beautiful dress, Hayseed! Miss Carrot Top jist gave it ta me!"

"Yur as perty as a picture, sis!" Hayseed neighed as Haywire continued to jump and dance around. "I really gotta find a great way ta thank Miss Carrot Top fer this. She sure made mah little sister real happy!"

Carrot Top beamed as Haywire pranced about the bedroom in her dress. In that moment the mare imagined seeing not the red earth pony there but a ghostly image of herself as a filly on that first day that she got the dress. The reaction was similar in every way she knew it to be.

"Well I'm glad that you like Hayseed. Remember to take good care of it and also remember that how you look should only add to your personality not be the only thing ponies are interested in."

The mare looked out the window facing out towards the street. What caught her attention though was the sky, namely where that the sun was starting to make it's descent.

"Wow, it's evening already. Time flies when you're having fun, doesn't it? Well do you two want to either stay for dinner or go out to dinner?"

Thinking about slowly wrapping up this thread. It doesn't have to be now, but I figure that this thread is winding down nicely so ending it as the day ends will work.

Hayseed's face brightened as he thought of an idea.

"How's about I take you an' Haywire out ta dinner, as my way of thankin' ya fer all yur hospitality?" Hayseed asked, "An' ta thank ya fer givin' mah sister that lovely dress too!"

"Great idear, big brother!" Haywire neighed, "kin I wear mah purty new dress ta dinner?"

"I don't see why not," the brown pelted stallion said as he turned towards Carrot Top, "Miss Carrot Top, would ya be mah guest fer dinner too?"

"That sounds like a date," Carrot Top said with a chuckle. Of course it wasn't really a true date between two romantic ponies as that would mean not allowing Haywire to go. The last thing she wanted to do was exclude the filly after having all that fun. Even more interesting was the fact that the filly now appeared permanently attached to the dress. Why she could only imagine what will happen later on in the night when all was said and done and Hayseed and Haymaker trying to get Haywire out of that dress.

"I don't see why not either Hayseed. Just take care of it as after all it's your dress now. Oh and try not to give your older brother and sister a hard time later on when you go back home. I remember kicking up a fuss when having that dress to the point that my parents were none too happy about the way I acted."

She then turned to her stallionfriend and asked, "So, where would you like to take me? I'm game for really and restaurant."

"Don't worry, Miss Carrot Top, I'll take real good care of it!" Haywire neighed happily as the rust colored filly rushed over to hug the mare's neck again. "I won't give mah brother er sister no problems with it."

"Take it easy, sis," Hayseed giggled as his enthusiastic little sister. "Besides, it's mah turn ta do that!"

After Haywire released her hug, Hayseed gave his very special somepony a gentle hug.

"You've the best, Miss Carrot Top, I really love ya a whole lot," the brown Earth stallion said before releasing his hug. "As fer where we'll go ta eat, how about that outdoor restaurant in Ponyville? I hear they serve up fine hay fries and sandwiches!"

As much as those many times before that it happened, Carrot Top still was surprised by the hug that Haywire suddenly gave her. In that instant the mare realized that she had won over another member of the Hay family, not with gifts but with kindness and good advice.

"I'm sure you won't," Carrot replied as she hugged the filly back before Hayseed announcing that it was his turn for a hug from the cream colored mare.

"Well, how can I refuse a hug from my special somepony?" she said cutely as she accepted the hug from the stallion that was head over hooves in love with her.

"I really love you too Hayseed. And that restaurant is fine with me. So let's head out to town before it gets too late in the day."

I think this is a good place to wrap this thread up. Feel free to make a final post if you wish. Maybe in the future we'll continue the relationship fun between Carrot and Hayseed. Thanks for all the fun with this thread!

"I love ya too, Miss Carrot Top," Hayseed said as he shared in the embrace. After releasing the hug, he led his very special somepony and his little sister towards the road. "Yur right, sweetie, we best gitt-a movin' before it gits dark."

"I can't wait to show everypony in the restaurant mah news dress!" the rust colored filly shouted as she danced around as the two pony lovers walked at a casual pace together on the road leading to Ponyville.

Yes, this was a fun RP! Thanks Lux!

Archived