Canterlot.com is Changing.

Autumn

Thank you for being a Canterlot.com member.

There will be a lot of changes from here on, which I'm sure you'll all be eager to be involved with and embrace as they arrive and are developed.

Changes to policies and rules will be announced so you can head to the areas containing the rules to have a quick refresher, so don't worry about the rug from slipping out from underneath you.

Canterlot.com may (possibly) have a small amount of down-time during a server-change mid next week.

For the nerdy of us the downtime will likely be whilst the domain's DNS entries are updated.

This can take up to 48 hours, but also as short as a couple of hours.

During any downtime, you can still access the chat using your own IRC client. Details and information can be found here.

The most significant change will be your new site administrators, Dio & Rosewind who were our senior moderators previously.

Please allow them patience and the time to adjust to their new roles.

Manestream and I will still be around in a limited capacity, helping out here and there and continuing with and working on other projects on and off site (HoE etc). But for assistance and issues with the site itself, please be sure to contact our new administrators and the moderating team.

[colour=#696969]Things to remember:[/colour]

* Canterlot.com isn't going anywhere.

* The 'Report' link is still and always will be the quickest and best way to get an issue with content on the site resolved.

* Changes are inevitable but may not always appeal to everyone. Just chill.

* Rumours have zero worth unless it's come from the horse's mouth.

With the new staff and changes going forward, the only thing we can really say is 'Thank you' to those that supported us in the past and I hope you'll continue to support the site in the future as it evolves.

~

"Be excellent to each other, and party on Dudes!" ~ Bill S. Preston Esq & Ted Theodore Logan

~

• Like 2

Dio and I are thrilled to have this opportunity to give this site a fresh direction. Expect an official notice from both of us once the official transfer is done! :Celest:

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask us. Keep in mind we're still in the process of figuring stuff out, so there is a high chance we won't be able to give you a complete answer just yet.

• Like 1

Thanks Manestream and Autumn for managing a great site, and congrats to Dio and Rosewind for your new roles as admins.

Now to see what new changes appear on this site.

• Like 1

Mane, Autumn, I don't even know how my thanks for everything you've done to help this site keep going could be put into words without sounding overly sappy.

So, I'll settle for a simple but heartfelt thank you, loves ya both for all the great stuff you've done <3

As for the new people stepping up to run the site, I know you'll do a fantastic job. Congrats to Dio and Rose for their promotions and congrats and I wish them and anybody helping out and keeping the site up the best of luck and all my wishes, you can have ALL of them 'cause you deserve 'em!

Before I go off on a tangent I'll say, I'm excited for this change. No clue what's going happen but I'm excited to find out. Best of luck everybody! :D

• Like 1

Well, to quote Pinkie Pie from the EQG movie, I'm "nervouscited" about these developments. Anyway, I will echo the sediments from others who have already given thanks to Autumn and Manestream for all they've done for this website! I have full faith and confidence in Rosewind and Dio in their new positions at Canterlot.com. Congratulations to them for their promotions! :D:D:D

• Like 1

:( I'm really sad to see you both step down, but I trust you, Rosie, and Dio will do what's best for the site, I'll be here every step of the way, and will help in any way I can.

This site, and you all mean a lot to me!

Autumn I hope we can continue to talk, be friends, and interact more, you are a terrific friend :)

Mane I know life is hectic, but hopefully soon it will be settling down :( I appreciate everything you'v done for me..BOTH of you

Rosie, Dio you are both wonderful Mods, and I am confident that you will do wonders as Administrators, and I am honored to be a part of your team.

• Like 1

Many thanks and 'Fare thee well' to the Autumn & Mane, thank you and welcome to Dio and Rosewind.

Now, for a proper admin welcome.

[insert LOUD complaint about something that can't be changed! GRAAAAAAGH!]

• Like 1

I haven't been around all that long & I never got to know either of you all that well but you both run a tight ship and I respect that. Congratulations to Rosie & Dio on your promotions. :D

• Like 1

It has been a real pleasure pouring my heart into the community here. I remember joining this community as a member its first day, and sharing the news that I was proposing to my sweetheart with other excited individuals here. This forum even celebrated my wedding with me. I have deep, fond, loving memories of the community here, and I have made friends for life. However, as my career and personal life have been taking off, it has become painfully aware that my time to offer to this site has become increasingly limited, and the community here deserves better than that from me.

I am still going to be around, and I look forward to interacting with everyone here in ways that I previously could not. I have the utmost faith in our successors, and I know that they are supported by an excellent team of RP Helpers, SRP's, and mods. I am looking forward to bright days for the community here. :)

Thank you all, for being the best community I've ever had the pleasure to serve.

• Like 13

• 2 weeks later...