May I debate about the "No Violence" policy applying to the free for all?

Deadpool

Hi everypony, Deadpool here! Usually I'm not this respectful, but this is worth intelligent debate!

First, let me state, I am not suggesting killing and blood.

I am going to be as respectful as possible AND stay on this site even if I get shot down, but seeing as this is a website where I can voice my opinion, I am going to try.

I can see why people want to have no violence in their drama and slice of life RPs

But when it comes to adventure RPs in the free for all section, violence (Provided it is mindless light hearted cartoon violence) should actually be no problem.

I have a bit of evidence to support my claims.

To say that the show is violence free is a huge overstatement.

Exhibit A: Episode 2

You see that? That was a manticore (AKA one of the most deadly beast in mythology) getting kicked in the face by a fashionista.But it was mindless cartoon violence

Exhibit B: The Diamond Dog episode

Spike's fantasy plays out like a 60s Batman cartoon, from what I remember, it never actually shows them get hit, but the implication was they were fighting.

Exhibit C: Dragon Shy

Rainbow Dash kicked the dragon, again, it was just mindless light-hearted cartoon violence .

Exhibit D: Season 2 finale

The big fight scene (Again, played out like a 60s Batman cartoon)

Exhibit E: The Season 3 premiere.

The Joust (Mindless light-hearted cartoon violence)

Sombra gets disintegrated (this is the only REAL violence-induced death ever shown in the actual show. Keep this in mind because it will have a place in my closing argument.)

Closing argument

Mindless cartoon violence has taken place in G rated things since the 60s, I'm only suggesting take this into consideration and that maybe debate among the mods.

It would help with Adventure RPs and Comedy RPs in the Free For All section.

Somepony gets shot by a gun? That should be a no-go.

Somepony gets bonked on the head by a frying pan and stars start floating around their head? Why not?

As for King Sombra getting disintegrated.

No blood shown, just flat out disintegrated and we have to remember that compared to most G movies by Disney, it was a pretty merciful death, that was the direct cause of a magical item made to protect the Crystal Empire.

So when it comes to violence, I suggest we just take the simple route of "No blood, no killing, no problem."

I am fine if you disagree with this stance, but at least evaluate the evidence and debate if a change should be made.

I'm not sure why you need to start a debate, because we never have outright banned the depiction of G-rated violence in either WoE or FFA. What we DO object to is WoE characters developed for the primary purpose of use in combat scenarios, since we've never seen anypony crave getting into physical confrontations in the cartoon series.But for FFA, the sky's the limit just as long as you adhere to the site rules.

• Like 1

G-rated cartoon violence is allowed -- and already exists -- in our WoE area roleplay. I suppose the problem is that some people have different definitions of what "cartoon violence" means. The best method I can offer is to ask yourself if you would see this content in a real episode of Friendship is Magic. If not, it probably belongs in a different roleplay environment, such as FFA or our 18+ area.

As Bellosh pointed out, we're often faced with difficulties when people apply for character specifically for combat or roleplay in our WoE area. It's a challenge getting people of different roleplay skill levels to understand that we do have places for them to roleplay whatever they like, but they need to play in the right area so they're respectful of other players and their characters. This issue should be getting worked out shortly, as we will have an entirely new area decided to middle-tier adventurous roleplay. It will offer the organization of WoE, but the creative freedom of other sections, like FFA.

I am one of those old time RPers since before Canterlot was called Canterlot, and I never once got censored for the more action or adventure type story threads I regularly create or participate in under the WoE banner. Personally i kept all violence to the 'Y7' level of rating myself and use it only as part of the story if it calls for it, but never the focus (as in I don't make RPs for the sake of having violence in them). As long as you go that route, you should be ok.