Lost Planet (ANTHRO, JOIN IN OOC PM ACCEPTED!)

AirForceBrony

It's been years since the elements of harmony have been used... About how long now? Ten? Twenty? I don't even remember... I was too young... However, thanks to the length of peace since their last use, we were finally able to make excellent advances in technology... We have discovered a new world... It seems to have life on it of some kind... But we are unsure. About two months ago, fire team Alpha was sent to this new world to have a look around... Some time later, their profiles read MIA... Or missing in action... Most fear they may have perished on this planet, however, The princesses beg to differ... And they sent their most elite team out to track down and recover them. My name is Sergeant Brave Heart, First Sergeant of the Misfit 1-3 Delta Force Squadron for the Royal Equestrian Army. While my team and I were briefed, we were instructed that some of these soldiers that were reported missing, in fact decided to inhabit this strange world and rebel against Equestria... If only the Elements of Harmony worked here... I didn't want to resort to possibly having to kill those I once called friend... However, they are the least of our problems... The creatures which originally inhabited this planet... Which we names Akrid, have been noted to be hostile, and will kill anything on sight. It seems we have our work cut out for us... We move out at 0000 hours... I'll miss my family... My friends... I'm sure my comrades will to... We're expecting this to escalate into a full scale war...

"MISFIT 1-3, THIS IS MISFIT ACTUAL, HOW COPY?"

"Misfit actual, this Misfit 1-3, we hear you loud and clearly, over."

"MISFIT ACTUAL TO MISFIT 1-3, AFFIRMATIVE, WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT POSITION?"

"Misfit 1-3 to Misfit actual. We're closing in on our LZ about ten klicks south of our position, and we'll be meeting up with friendly forces in about two Mikes."

" MISFIT ACTUAL TO MISFIT 1-3. AFFIRMATIVE, EXPECT HOSTILE ACTIVITY, YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN FPCON CHARLIE ACTUAL, AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE, OVER."

Members of the ELF down below saw the transport vehicles of the REAS landing, they've been at war with them for months and haven't been noticed yet... They have explosives and small arms capable of launching an attack.

• Like 1

"hmmm" said the large pegasis as he dipped his cigar in the snow. "chief, we should be able to take them!" "I know ... I know" he got on the radio "this is chief master sergeant Spear mcwingtip, command do you copy" Spear could hardly understand the crackles over the radio, but he continued on, "we got e.a.f coming down we will not engage, I repeat we will not engage. request a few extra troops to standby at base camp. we will follow e.a.f but we will not engage."

Spear shook the snow off his wings and picked up his trusty assault rifle, and looked to his men "lets see what there doing. Also we can take bets to see how long it takes for the akrid to kill them!”

Over the crackles, a faint voice could be heard.

"Affirmative. We're dispatching troops to your current location."

Brave heart looked over at his team mate and tapped his helmet a couple of times.

"Hey, you gonna be alright?" He asked over the propellers.

Iron felt himself just a little anxious over the entire situation. They were now en route to an unfamiliar location, in unfriendly territory, with no back-up to assist them should something go wrong. This screamed blasphemy according to all of the training he had received these past few years, but he didn't question it. He merely checked and re-checked his weapons, not wanting something to go wrong should they meet hostiles soon after landing. After all, be prepared had been his bunkhouse's motto, and they had a 16% survival rating, more than anyone else did.

He snapped out of his thought and looked up to the Sergeant, and nodded in affirmation. "I'm fine, sir."

Brave shook his hand

(Anthro)

"Nice ta meetcha! Brave Heart, First Sergeant of Misfit 1-3 Delta!" He laughed.

"im picking up movement from underneath us...." said one of the pilots with a very concerned tone. Then something leapt up and hit the vehicle they were in, destroying one of the engines and causing the vehicle to spin out of control.

"BRACE FOR IMPACT!!!" Sergeant heart shouted.

""WE LOST CONTROL OF THE BIRD, WE'RE GOIN' DOWN!!!" one of the pilots exclaimed. It was only about three seconds after, they hit the ground, and the aircraft exploded. The pilots died on impact, though the entire squad were waking up, severely wounded, and terribly disoriented. Brave had a few scrapes and cuts, an open fracture, and a deep cut on his leg. It seemed to be more profuse than his arm.

Iron had enough of a strong body to resist any truly mortal damage, but he was still dizzy and disoriented. He looked to his right and saw the sarge, then looked to the left and saw one of the squadmates get killed by something's pincer. It impaled his skull?! He immediately grabbed the nearest weapon, not sure if it was his or not, and scrambled over to Brave. "Sergeant! We have to get out of here, now!"

"Yeah! Way ahead of you!" Brave shouted as he tried to stand up, but the pain in his leg was far too much.

"AAH!!! CELESTIA HELP ME!!!!" He screamed in agony as he turned to find his leg was badly injured.

The squadron nearby heard the cries and shouts of the remaining troops.

(Just the pilots died, the squad is ok.)

“hegh ha” chuckled spear as he looked thru his scope. “keep the Akrid off the survivors! we are going to keep them alive and when there cold and starving they will join us, Give us updated info, and radio codes” Spear leaped off into the cold air flapping his wings. They were some of the weaker long legged akrid that took down the ship; Spear dived down in between the closest one’s long legs and opened fire on its glowing weak spot! (SPLASH!”) the beast roared its death knell before it’s body turned to ice.

Spear quickly harvested a little bit of the thermal energy it released and pulled out his disk grenades and threw 2 at the surrounding Akrid. When the smoke settled 3 Akrid were dead and spear calmly hovered with a smile on his face. There were a few left. But Spear gave his men the signal to fall back and let the survivors take care of themselves

"don't let them see you boys" he said as his men fell back to there hiding spot "now, lets see how the equestria trains its troops these days" as he pulled out his binoculars

Iron remained close to Brave, using the recovered assault rifle to eliminate what remained of the various smaller Akrid in the area. He soon caught on that the glowing orange areas of their body were vital points, so he took aim and soon eliminated them all. He sighed and then returned his attention to the Sergeant. "This is serious...let me see if the medics made it, otherwise I'll be right back." He quickly began sorting through the wreckage and bodies, looking for survivors and/or supplies.

"There's NO TIME!" Brave Heart growled weakly, using his good arm to open his bag and get out his IFAK.

"You're gonna have to patch me up... And then we've gotta find a good place to hole up until we can contact friendly forces..." He said

• 3 weeks later...

Ruby sat back and watched through her goggles as the EAF members fought off the akrids, after Spear was finished showing off. " Looks like their just about as well trained as they've always been. " She said in her somewhat rough lower Manehattan accent, speaking around the cigarette hanging from the right side of her mouth." And by that, I mean they have no idea what they're up against. " She shifted the cig to the other side of her mouth with her tongue and lips, then grunted and switched off the binoculars, leaving the goggles on as protection from the cold air." Welp, I'm bored. Let me know when we're done babysittin' the newbies or when something needs fixin'. " She made a halfhearted gesture of indifference and dismissal at the figures in the distance. " Or, you know, if we're all gonna die. That'd work too. " With this, she stood up and made her way toward the V.S. units they had brought with them. Taking her cigarette out of her mouth as she walked she blew out a cloud of smoke, then replaced the cig. Upon reaching one of Suits, she glanced up at the pilot for a few seconds, before letting out a grunt in the way of greeting and beginning to examine the suit to make sure it was still in fighting condition.

Spear gritted his teeth, she was a strange one sergeant Ruby. he quickly took a look at his squad then back down at the wounded leader of the E.A.f and the young army stallion trying to help "Come on, you should know how to treat that!" he said to himself. he knew he couldn't wait much longer.

"RUBY! GET VITAL SUITS MOVING, EVERYONE ELSE START YOUR WAY DOWN THERE AGAIN! SURROUND THEM AND STAY UNDER THE SNOW COVER MOVE OUT TO REVEAL YOURSELVES ON MY SIGNAL, AND HOLD FIRE UNLESS THEy ACT AS HOSTILE! there in way over there heads and need help."

Spear glided over to Ruby who was fixing the V.S, "can you jury rig the v.s's to steadly carry there wounded and get down there in time with everyone else?"

" What the hay do you think i've been doin' over here? Makin' pancakes? " She shook her head as she continued to check the V.S., then Spear asked her if she could jury rig it to help with the wounded. She looked straight up in the air in exasperation, then removed her cigarette by grasping it between her ring and pinky finger, before turning to address Spear. " Look, I got this colorful little picture on my flank that says I can probably build a planet destroyin' laser gun the size of a small moon, outta duct tape and popsicle sticks, so makin' this thing carry two schmucks without jostlin' them ain't gonna be a problem, unless akrids start crawlin' outta their plot holes. " She used the hand holding the cig to to make hand gestures during her small rant, to emphasize her words. She stuck the cig back in her mouth with a sneer before turning back to the V.S. suit. " Gimme a minute and ten, then you'll have your 'medic-mobile'. "

Brave then growled, taking out his IFAK with his only good arm, he tried to put pressure onto it, the bleeding didnt stop, then he tried to elevate it over his heart, which still didnt work, then a pressure point, which again didnt work... His last resort was to use a tourniquet... But the wound was too high up... So he had to take out the only pack of his quick clot gauze, open the pack with his teeth, take the gauze out and start packing it into the wound. Eventually, the bleeding stopped. Then he dressed it. Then he was given no choice... His arm HAD to be reset... If any infection got into his bone marrow, he would die... So he grabbed a nearby piece of bandage to bite onto, grabbed his arm, braced himself, and pulled the bone back into place. not only was it More painful than being shot, but It was especially terrifying to watch his bone slide back into his arm from the wound it caused in his flesh. He bit so hard onto his bandage that he was bleeding in the mouth, his eyes quickly filled with tears, and bile filled his mouth and leaked through the bandage. He laid, twitching in the snow. He still needed to stop the bleeding in his arm... But he was feeling cold... Tired... He rolled onto his back once the worst part of the pain subsided.

"great... Haven't been on this Celestia forsaken planet for ten minutes... And I'm already gonna die..." He said, tears once again filled his eyes when he thought about his wife and foals back home... He wanted to do something... But every last bit of strength he had was spent on resetting his arm... He was too weak to even move... Regretfully, he curled up into a ball to keep warm and waited to die. He didnt want to give up, but looking through his options, and the fact that he doesn't have any strength to breathe, or keep his eyelids open... He wasn't left with a choice.

Spear nodded and flew off even though he knew he should of chewed out Ruby for talking to him like that, not that it ever helps.

Spear flew up and watched his men slowly flank the panicking forces. And Spear landed right next to the curled up leader. He quickly inspected the combat gauze and the resettling job. It was good, "a real bye by the book kid egh, Twilight would be proud" he said as he fixed the dressing and put him in the trendelenburg position. Spear then pulled out his own med bag and quickly pulled out a needle and tubing after quickly finding a vein he and inserting the needle, {letting some blood flow out of the catheter to make sure he got it} he quickly attached a special magic mix concocted by the unicorns back in base, it combined epinephrine (adrenalin) and hextend into one all purpose extremely useful mixture.

He then finished his care on the young airman (splint, and treating the other bad cuts) before flying a few feet above the ground with his assault Rifle in hand. in a loud voice that commanded the discipline of all around him he said "I ..." he waited till everyone noticed him “am Chief Master sergeant Spear McWingtip! Former equestria air force, now E.L.F.” he gave his men the signal to move in thru the cover and reveal themselves “I AM ASSUMING COMAND, of this operation! Our new mission objectives is to get you all to base camp alive. Followed by immediate enlistment of E.L.F. Any one who refuses my leadership and help, will be stripped of there weapon and coat, and will be left behind to face the planet alone! …. “any hostile actions will be met with immediate execution! Equestria has abandoned you, I am the only help you will get!”

Spear landed and threw the Sergeant on his haunches in a fireman carry “you did good kid.” he whispered to him “but we need to band together as friends if we want to survive”

"... if you can hear me were getting your guys to safety. also ...just ignore the depressing lesbian pony who's going to be your driver"

Not far from Spear, a small pile of snow moved a bit, a few seconds later a purple unicorn with a black and yellow spiked mane popped out. He looked dazed and tired, he was a skinny kid but was clearly holding up ok so far, his yellow eyes focused slowly as he looked around. "Ow...my achin' head, what the heck happened? First I'm checking my gear and getting ready to kick some flank, and the next thing I know, I'm passed out in the snow..." he slowly stood up and sighed, he winced and looked to see that his right arm was cut. "Oh for the love of Luna...why the fluf is it always my right arm?" he stopped for a moment and looked at Spear, whom he had just noticed. "Who the heck are you?"

Spear gritted his teeth, and held his thoughts in“this kid’s gotta have an altered mental status, and he’s too young to have any real experience.”

After quickly adjusting the sergeant on his back he took a deep breath and said “ I’m your new Platoon leader , Chief master sergeant Spear Mcwingtip, E.L.F. right now me and my men are your only hope for survival. You better get a bandage on that arm, go see one of my men, if they can’t help you I can as soon as I’m done with your sergeant here.” Spear walked past the purple kid and said “Ill let it go this one time, if you talk to me like that again I’ll discipline you old school.” And walked off.

He’s a boot, but he’s got that potential, I can tell. But first he needs to learn the ropes and get broken in. I want him for E.L.F