Jolly Holiday with Fleur//:Open Roleplay

QuickLime

FleurBannerEdit_zps78be8303.jpg

Fleur decided that it was time she did something for Canterlot! After renting a lovely room and posting fliers, Fleur was making sure every last second detail was finished!

She was having a public and FREE Tea Party! Showing off all sorts of talents, from tea makers, to pastry bakers! Wanting Citizens to taste and experience some little known wonders that they would usually snub due to them not possessing a flashy shop, or a high price tag!

The room was set with scores of tables, all covered in soft white table cloths, each table sat up like a buffet, each decked with at least 5 beautiful tea pots, all sprouting it's own unique tea, and a label stating what kind it is and who made it.

There was a second batch of tables all decorated with tons of Petifores(small cakes), tiny hoof sandwiches, and all sorts of other tiny munchies ! Also labeled and marked...each table having waitstaff to serve the delicacies up and many lovely tables to sit, as well as benches in the gardens for outside relaxing.

Now that she was sure everything was ready Fleur darted to her dressing room! Wanting to look..simple and elegant today, by wiping off her normally purple eye make up and putting on a soft mint green shade instead, her mane styled to gently hang in her face in the front, the rest pulled into a bun, a sprig of mint and some flowers attached to it with a hair clip.

To complete the look she wore a silver locket baring her namesake.. a Fleur De Lis

"Zhere now I hope zhat ponies show up for a bit of refreshment!" She tittered happily, it was so nice to do nice things! Besides it would make her look REALLY good too so BONUUUUS!

Sweet Surprise was walking along the streets of Canterlot, humming some merry tune she made up when she suddenly stopped. It was her Party Sense, something she liked to tell others she had when it came to detecting nearby parties, and right now it was going off! Of course it could have been the fancy sign and the wonderful smells beckoning her in too!

"Oh! It's a fancy party," she said peering into the room, "Gee, I haven't been to a party like this in... ever! I hope that I'll fit in. I'm not really a fancy pony. I don't even own a top hat or a monocle!"

She began to panic, thinking that those inside would see her as a complete silly filly, but then she regained her composure.

"Why am I so afraid of this. a party is a party right, no matter how fancy!"

She then stepped over the threshold and into the unknown world of fanciness!

v3gfue.jpg

It was no secret to those familiar with Filthy Rich that he never cared much for the high society scene. Despite having made a fortune off Rich’s Barnyard Bargains, the brown stallion would rather be seen at a country hoedown than a courtyard tea party. For the most part, Mr. Rich never felt comfortable in the presence of those who were either pampered old money types or were just plain out right predatory in their ambition.

Filthy Rich would have been content to keep the status quo as it was if it hadn’t been for a chance meeting with one gentlecolt from Canterlot’s upper crust. The run-in helped Filthy realize that even if he thought he had more than enough money to provide for his family, it wouldn’t hurt to increase his profits for spend on any charitable purpose he deemed worthy enough. To accomplish that task though, the middle-aged earthy pony would need to expand his business somehow, maybe even start up franchises. To do that, he’d most likely need help; financial help from the same ponies Mr. Rich had habitually avoided associating with.

But the gentlecolt had a solution for that particular problem of socialization; apparently, he got word of a casual tea party being arranged by one Fleur De Lis. Filthy Rich didn’t know much about her other than gossip from his wife about how Ms. De Lis retired from modeling. At any rate, the gentlecolt eventually persuaded Filthy to attend De Lis’s event, for it would be an easygoing way for the stallion to get acquainted with the ways of high society. That way, the business owner wouldn’t be a fish out of water by the time he was ready to start making deals and business partnerships with the Equestrian elite.

On the day of the tea party, Filthy Rich opted to wear his everyday attire; he wouldn’t need much more than his red tie and a nicely brushed mane. The brown stallion made it to Canterlot without any delay, and he found his way to Ms. De Lis’s residence without getting lost. The first thing that got Filthy’s attention in the main room however was the hostess herself; expecting somepony appearing overly pompous and extravagant, the stallion surprisingly saw instead a mare who looked down-to-earth, yet beautiful at the same time. Filthy quickly tried his best to purge his mind of such thoughts, least he risked the wrath of his wife.

Glad to know that he hadn’t been steered wrong yet, Mr. Rich remained composed as best as he could as he trotted up to the ex-model to introduce himself. “How do you uhhh... do ma’am?” began the country pony turned entrepreneur; “The name’s Mr. Rich, and I was told that it’d be worth my while to make your errr... acquaintance, Ms. De Lis.” Filthy offered a hoof for a hoofshake, but had to avert his gaze over to the nearby tea tables to avoid getting distracted by the mare's alluring eyes. Very good thing the stallion's wife was away in Manehattan today.....

• 3 weeks later...

Fleur was THRILLED to see guests at her tea party! She about squeed when Mr Rich introduced himself "Oh Misour Rich! It eis such a pleasure to have you come to my party!" Fleur happily took his hoof and shook it with glee, and gentleness "Please please let me show you around Oui? You seem like you would like ze bolder teas, you are quite ze boldstallion no?" Fleur giggled giving him a gentle and very friendly peck on the cheek.

She led him over to one of the tea tables "Please help yourself und if you need anyzing at all please please do let me know! I do so vish to get to know you, I hear you are a big name in Ponyville!" Fleur kept her hoof on the pulse, she knew who was whoo and what was what! "If you will excuse me for a moment I see anozer guest!"

With that the mare was off to see Sweet Surprise "Bonjour My dear! Do come ein! Ze tea is to die for and zhe food will blow you away! I am Fleur! What might your name be mon petite?"

The mare who answered the door was quite stunning to Sweet Surprise, like a fashion model. she had trouble understanding her accent as it wasn't one she ever heard before. Thankfully she was able to glean from it what the unicorn was trying to communicate.

"Hello Fleur! I'm Sweet Surprise, candy and chocolate confectioner extraordinaire! Thank you for having this party. It's been a while since I've been to a party. I don't think I've been to a fancy party in, ever!"

She then noticed that there were several tea pots on the table as well as a myriad of sandwiches and cakes.

"Um... Miss Fleur? What tea would you recommend me trying first?"

"Since you are so sweet and into ze candies and ze chocolates! I recommend ze vanilla chai! Eit tastes just like a most delicious vanilla icecream! In fact I would reccomend it WITH icecream! Hoo hoo!" Fleur chortled merrily "Sweet Surprise! What an ADORABLE Name!" Fleur moved over to snag a cup, and filled it with the steamy chai "Here" The cup hovered in front of the other for her to taste.

"Do try eit it is one of my favorites!"

v3gfue.jpg

So far, Filthy Rich’s valiant efforts to keep from looking like an infatuated schoolcolt could have used some improvement. A silly grin from the stallion’s muzzle managed to reveal itself as Fleur De Lis shook his hoof with an eager tenderness. And that peck from Fleur? Why, it made Mr. Rich blush like no tomorrow. “Why yes, I am uhhh quite the bold stallion,” Filthy responded in spite of himself; in all honesty, he wasn’t a tea-drinking pony at all!

But too dumb-stricken to be a neighsayer in front of a former fashion model, the family stallion followed Fleur over to the tea tables. When the mare mentioned she heard of him, the earth pony saw it as a chance to restore a shred of honor for himself; “That’s right ma’am. I’m the founder and owner of Rich’s Barnyard Bargains, which serves all of Ponyville’s discount department needs.” Filthy came close to droning on about the principles behind his store, but the hostess had a new guest to attend to.

Filthy nodded to excuse Fleur, and he thankfully now had a chance to distract himself with teas. And what a distraction it proved, for the brown stallion had no clue what tea was what. If there was any small comfort to his situation, it was that Mr. Rich was agonizing over tea now where he wouldn’t be judged in a harsh light. After a minute of indecision, Filthy decided to just be bold and pour from a random teapot into one of the teacups provided. Taking a brief few seconds to see that his tea appeared black, the business owner proceeded to take a sip of the hot drink…and squinched his mouth over the tea’s bitter taste.

Filthy had to force himself to swallow the black tea, and he looked mighty uncomfortable doing so. Hopefully, nopony had noticed him fooling around with beverages he didn’t understand.....

"Hmm... the vanilla chai. Well I do like ice cream, so yeah, I'll try some. Oh and thanks for saying my name is cute. Yours is too!"

The stallion nearby announced that he owned a business, a department store.

"Oh a fellow business pony! You don't happen to have a store in Canterlot, do you?"

As the tea was being prepared, Sweet Surprise looked over to see the stallion wasn't faring very well with tea either. The stallion's face scrunched up like he ate a lemon upon having whatever tea he chose. She hoped it wasn't the vanilla chai tea.

"One of your favorites, eh," she said looking at the tea she was given, "Well alright then."

With that the chocolate brown Earth Pony took a sip and instantly smiled.

"This is the sweetest most delicious thing I've ever tasted! You have a knack for choosing teas. It that your job, helping ponies select tea?"