The Temporary Elements

Monochrome

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hm...

Pitch considered what he was doing once more. It had been a simple thing. He had been playing a game... the same game he had played at least a few thousand times. Everything was exactly as it had been all the way throughout. There was one line, that was just the same as it had been every other time, but struck him oddly this time around.

Follow your heart.

An ordinary sappy line in a fictitious world. Naturally. But upon hearing it this time, he felt a sensation gather in the central system of life. It caused shaking and harm... but it seemed to weaken as he moved in a particular direction. What could it mean? Was it a proclamation of fate itself? Pitch was never one to doubt possibilities, no matter how absurd they may seem. As he followed, the feeling continued subsiding, so whatever the cause, this method was working.

He continued on and on, until he approached the mouth of a cave. An inhabited cave, it would seem. Pitch knew how strange it would be to explain his motivations for being there, so he bashfully replied, Ah... hi there! What are you ponies doing here...? as he waved a feminine hoof lightly.

... Not the best question to ask, but as you can see, despite his loving nature, social skills are admittedly not his strongest suit.

Cobalt jumps and flaps wings in fear then realizes its just another pony calling out "oh, um... hi, well, we... we really dont know what we are doing here, we where just sorta... drawn here, and i assume the same goes for you?"

... Drawn, hm...?

He considered this mentality briefly. Would that really be the proper way to put it...

... Yes, I think so. I didn't come here entirely willingly...

... So, we're going in that cave, eh? Well, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to come along. I'd like to understand what happened...

Monochrome smiled warmly to the newcomer, but quickly turned back to gazing into the cave's darkness when she heard a shuffling of clawed feet. She ventured in, and jumped in surprise high enough that she nearly hit the ceiling when a dragon with two sets of arms in addition to its legs and wings approached her and the others. "Ah, so you've finally arrived." the seemingly teenage dragon remarked.

Pitch followed the "leader" into the cave. He was startled by the dragon's sudden appearance, but it was little more than a mere shiver. He looked at the dragon and briefly pondered its wording. Of course, dragons had a bad rep around... well, everywhere. But Pitch was never one to assume the worst. Quite the opposite.

Oh! Hello!

Pitch lightly stepped ahead of Monochrome. Um... are you the one who... er... drew us here?

"Yes, of course I am, and no, I didn't bring you here. Boy, you six must have been living under a rock for a while not to have heard that the Elements have gone missing... Anyways, the princesses stationed me here as a sentry until you guys arrived. You see, you are the temporary Elements to protect the world while the others are searched for." The odd dragon said. "Your Elements await inside. Follow me." he added, picking up a stick and lighting it with his fire for use as a torch. Monochrome led the group behind the dragon, eagerly and somewhat distractedly taking in every detail around her, as usual.

((Oh, Somari, I don't think you ever chose a different Element. You see, these are minor elements to replace the missing originals temporarily. So, we're not using Laughter, Kindness, Loyalty, Generosity, Honesty, or Magic. What is already taken so far is Creativity, Determination, Willpower, Reason, and Strife.))

"Oh, all that manner of nasty things that the Elements are needed to defeat. Assorted monsters and whatnot." the dragon replied coolly, twitching his crooked tail a bit.

((I did. Please look back at my original post. Her- er, HIS is Love now.))

Pitch seemed shocked at this revelation. Sure, he had known that the elements had been missing, but to think that he'd be a new element for the time being...

W-Wow... Temporary element...

He thought on this for a bit. He followed the dragon, a little giddy at the thought of being able to help Equestria with the Elements. He wondered what element he was...

"Temporary elements? What's going to happen to them after the old elements are found?" Pyro asked the dragon as he followed it into the cave. He had heard that the elements were missing, but he had dismissed it as gossip since he only heard it from a group of mares that had passed him on one of his walks. Pyro then responded to the pegasus who was flying overhead, "I don't know about you, but I know at least one way I'm special. Sorry if that sounded condescending to you, but I can do this." Pyro said as he used his magic to make a fire appear in midair, which followed him around to be used as a light source like the dragon's torch.

Cobalt lands on the ground and puts head down "not saying i cant do this, just wondering how we where selected, anyway, you said you where going to show us our elements?" cobalt asks the dragon

Suddenly, the passageway opened up into a huge cavern. There was a hole in the ceiling that allowed faint rays of dim sunlight to cascade into the room- and onto the six mossy stone pedestals in the center of the room, each of which held a sparkling jewel in the shape of a different symbol. The dragon picked them up and turned to the ponies, one in each clawed hand and two cradled in his wings. He pointed at each of the ponies in their turn as he gave each minor element's name. "Love." he said, one of the jewels magically flying off and floating in front of Pitch. "Determination." he said, the next flying over to Pyro. "Willpower." he continued, the next flying to Bronzeshine. "Reason." he continued further, the next flying to Cobalt. The dragon suddenly froze, before reaching a very fidgety Monochrome's element. "Wait... We're short one! Where's Strife?" he said.

Pitch looked at his Element, and seemed amazed at there being an element placed right there just for him.

Love...

He pulled away from his enchantment as the dragon referred to the lack of a single element. An element's missing?! Oh dear...

... Um, don't the elements have some psychic ability that pinpoints the others or something like that...?

... At least he's being creative.

"Determination, huh? Well that makes sense, I never give up!" Pyro said as he looked at his element. "Wait, somepony's missing?" He said as he looked around at the group. Finding everyone that they came in with, Pyro says, "It looks like everyone who entered the cave is here. This pony must not have even come into the cave with us."

bronzeshine looked into his symbol, a hammer and sword. just looking at it made him feel as if he could keep on treking forever. " maybe our first job as the temporary elements should be to find our final member. "

Archived