The Temporary Elements

Monochrome

"Yeah, but first.... Come on, what's my element?" Monochrome said anxiously. The dragon looked over at her, stifling a laugh. "As if you don't already know. Creativity, of course!" he said, sending off one of the remaining two elements to Monochrome. She froze for a moment, grinning widely as she admired each facet of the jewel, shaped into the image of her cutie mark, a black quill drawing a spiral and three teal dots.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Im so sorry guys, Been working late, and i am gonna join right now! )

In the skies outside the Cave Flew a Pegasus, He was Silver in color and Flew through the air with Elegance. He Had decided to Go for a flight to Clear his head of the recent events that plauged his mind. He Had been having strange dreams as of late, Whispers....He never was able to tell what they said to him. He Had Wondered What in Celestia they implied to him.

His Hooves grazed the Clouds below him as he Rolled And twirled in a wayward direction. He closed his eyes for a while allowing his wings to Carry him. He was a smaller pegasus than most his age and The only Skill he Knew by heart was flight. He then opened his eyes to find himself near a Large Cave. He landed and looked around the entrance. It was spooky to him, very spooky. He didnt want to go inside. There was a pool of water not a long way from the entrance. He trotted slowly to the pond to take a sip. He Bent his head down allowing his long silver mane to Touch the water as he lapped at the cool Liquid.

Then He felt something tug at him. He looked up to see that he was alone, Nothing was there except he. He felt a slight Feeling, Pulling him to the cave. "what is going on here?" He wondered as he Looked at the entrance. A slight humming Noise Came from behind him to which he Glanced over to. To his Surprise a Smooth stone in a shape of a Ball had Appeared from the water, As though it had been pulled ashore by the waters. He Looked at it Curiously, He got close to it and Sniffed it. "Hmm....." He mumbled as he observed the stone.

(Sorry)

The stone suddenly flew off into the cave, beckoning the small pegasus in. It moved slowly, seeming to want her to keep up. Something important must be in that cave. (Meanwhile) Monochrome froze as she heard a sound, closer to the cave entrance; a small humming, and hoofsteps! Monochrome slowly walked forward and peeked around the corner, not really able to see much. She ventured further, only a couple of steps from the cave entrance, and saw a very unsure looking little pegasus and a floating ball of smooth stone. "Oh, hello. Who are you?" Monochrome ventured, smiling warmly.

Silver Squeaked when the stone suddenly took Flight. He watched it with Curiosity as it floated to the cave entrance. He quivered Slightly at the thought of following some Magic relic into the dark Untaimed Abyss. He moved forward slowly, His hoofs making noise on the rock floor below him. He then heard Other hoofsteps on the cave. He stepped back a few and awaited whatever he was to face. But to his surprise it was a Friendly looking pony. She asked him who He was. He stayed on guard for a few moments looking at her, unsure weather or not to run or Stay and awnser.

"m......my name is Silver........Silverbolt......." He said Carefully as though at any moment the words he spoke could be his last.

"I....i just....Stopped to get a drink of water from the pool over there.....and this Stone appeared as though out of nowhere." He said as he Pointed to it with his hoof.

The stone Glew brightly with a Silver Aroura. It made Him uneasy as ever.

"Wh......who are you?" He asked the kind Pony.

When Pyro heard the hum of the approaching stone, he extinguished his flame and went to investigate. Another pony had the same idea, but got there first, so Pyro decided to hang back just outside of view and listen to their conversation. He listened to the new pony's name and explanation of why he was there, at least he thought it was a stallion since it sounded like one. Then it seemed to get brighter over there and Pyro could see the newcomer to the group and his floating rock which seemed to be the source of the light. "Another Pegasus? Really?" Pyro mumbled to himself as he watched.

"Oh, well, hello! I'm Monochrome. So, you got drawn here by weird stuff too? Well then...." Monochrome greeted Silverbolt. She turned and called to the others. "Hey guys, I think I found the last one!" She then looked back at Silverbolt, brushing some of her long black mane out of her green eyes with a paint-splattered hoof. "Come with me, I've got something to show you." she said, gesturing for Silverbolt to follow her.

Silverbolt Slowly Inched forward to the Kind mare, What was he thinking? A Mysterious cave, Mesterious Ponies and a floating sphere. How in the world was he supposed to trust them? How was he supposed to know that they were acctually friendly? He found himself now staying in place. " How can i trust you?" He asked them. He quivered slightly. "What do you want?"

Silverbolt Still sat, He Looked at Everypony in the cave. " I.....I dont know......Its not....Its not like everyday you see ponies out in the middle of Nowhere. Not in a cave.....and asking for you to follow them to Celestia knows where....." He squeaked. He felt intimidated by the larger ponies than he. He Scooched back a few and still watched them Uneasily. "How could i trust you......" He said to them. The orb continued to Glow a faint Silver light as it floated near the entrance.

Pitch looked at Silverbolt. He seemed genuinely worried, and Pitch grew genuinely worried for him. The mare-looking colt looked trotted over to him.

"Hey... hey, don't worry. None of us are going to hurt you. You were brought over to this area by something, right? Something drove you here, didn't it? The same thing happened to all of us. Really... you can trust us."

He gave a soft, gentle smile to the pony, as if attempting to calm him.

Pyro sighed, getting up and turning around. "I should probably go get that dragon if nopony else will." Pyro said to himself as he walked back into the cave, looking for the dragon. "Hey dragon! I think we found the last pony!" He called out as he walked further into the cave.

The dragon emerged from the cave, slowly and coolly. "Ah, excellent, Strife has arrived. Now, you were all wondering what made you particular ponies so special. Perhaps I should explain, and our newest addition might get a bit more comfortable?" he said, sitting on a boulder. "Let's see.... In no particular order, I'll start with... Monochrome. You see, your creative spirit allows you to see little details other ponies may not notice, as well as to have ideas that many other minds could not manufacture. And besides that, in relation to harmony, we would have a rather dull, emotionless society without creativity, now wouldn't we? And that would be no good." he began, nodding to Monochrome. "Now, Pitch. Your pure, kind heart and love for others earned you your element. And, as we all know, there cannot be harmony without love." he said, pausing for a moment.

bronzeshine sat on a bolder and listened intently, trying to get to know the other pony's better. he knew why he had been chosen for willpower, he just didn't know how to quit. during his youth he would punch a tree for days on end without sleep until it fell down. his father forced him to train when he was young so he dident have any childhood friends. he fought all the harder for any pony in equestria, be they the most mean and jerkiest, or the nicest.

The dragon continued. "Now, Silverbolt. Yours is a unique element, as most think of strife as a bad thing. However, it can be just the opposite- it can strengthen the bond between ponies to weather tragedy together. Now, Cobalt. You are the voice of reason in the most dire of situations, in the height of others' anger. Thus, you earned your element. Reason is what keeps peace and harmony, dousing the flames of rage. Now, Bronzeshine, I think you know very well how you were chosen for your element. You, and similarly Pyro, are unyielding in your desires, and thus your element is very close to Pyro's. You both help keep balance and get things done." he finished.

Silverbolt felt soothed by the ponies as they took a nicer tone. He felt Slightly more comfortable until a dragon took him by surprise. He quivered and watched the dragon as he Explained Their "Elements" He twitched his Muzzle as he listened. Then he decided to speak.

"What happened to the others? You know, Loyalty, Charity, Laughter,Magic, Kindness, Honesty? Why us? Why now?" He asked.

Pyro glanced at the ponies in turn as the dragon explained their elements, especially Bronzeshine since their elements were so similar. Pyro then turned to Silverbolt and said, "I don't know all the details, but the original elements have gone missing, so Equestria needs some ponies to protect it while they find the originals. So here we are, the temporary elements."

Pitch thought on what the dragon had said about him and his role in harmony, and it definitely made sense. But he could still hardly believe it was true. That he would be taking the role of an Element of Harmony, of all things... It was an honor, to say the least. But he was proud to take the role.

He then heard the brief conversing of the former Elements. He nodded at Pyro's reply. Nopony knows exactly what happened, but the elements have been missing for quite a while. I guess it's our job to take the slots while they're gone.

" well lets not forget the one thing that makes the elements work is friendship. " bronzeshine gets up on a boulder and says. " my name is bronzeshine. I am a smith who works in pony Ville, and it is my pleasure to meet all of you. " bronzeshine waited for someone else to do there introduction or to ask questions. hoping his past wouldn't be brought up...

Monochrome grinned. "Well hi, Bronzeshine, nice to meet you too! I'm Monochrome, an artist from Cloudsdale. I'm very pleased to meet all of you." she said warmly.

"Well, hello to both of you then." Pyro said as he sat down and smiled. "I'm Pyro Blaze, but my friends just call me Pyro. I guess I'm a pyrotechnician. I'm still a student, but pyrotechnics are my part time job, so yeah. I've always wanted to be a guard, and I live in Canterlot."

Silver thought all of this Was Absurd, They had all only just met and now they neded to Be friends to Make the Elements assigned to them Work so that they could fill in for the real Elements? It sounded so Daunting to him.

"Im......Silverbolt.....Im the Weather team Frost maker........" He squeaked slightly, Why was he so nervous?

"N.....nice to meet you all." He said in in a light tone, He kept to himself though.

The sphere Floated Close to him, He looked to it with Curiosity. He sniffed it again only to have it Glow brighter then fade again. It continued to float near him.

Archived