Topics are broken

So, I went to check up on some of my older OCs, and the topics are totally broken on some of them.

For instance, Raven: It shows there are two pages of comments, but it only shows one comment on the first page, and gives me an error when it tries to go to the second page. Dodger: has the same issue, along with Dream Weaver: and who knows what other characters. Seems that the topic only shows the last post made, but none of the others. Any ideas on what's up?

We're looking into this issue.

EDIT: It appears to be related to the archiving system. We're currently in the middle of some reshuffling on the backend and it will take a while for the archiving tool to finish what it's doing, which may explain the unavailability of those entries. We'll update you guys on what's going on when this next step is completed.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this also why 'My Content' is missing so many entries?

That is entirely possible.

It appears that the unarchiving process caused some topics to break because the tool omitted certain posts from archival and preserved the rest. Unfortunately, once the information has been lost, there is no way to recover it short of physically scouring the server's hard drive disks for it.

In an effort to combat this, we are going to be trying a different procedure for unarchiving and doing backups at least once a week to preserve database snapshots until we've finished the unarchiving process. In the meantime, please back up your RP applications locally to prevent data loss. Google Drive provides excellent cloud storage and online document editing tools. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

We'll continue to update you as we work on this.

• Like 1

In an effort to combat this, we are going to be trying a different procedure for unarchiving and doing backups at least once a week to preserve database snapshots until we've finished the unarchiving process. In the meantime, please back up your RP applications locally to prevent data loss. Google Drive provides excellent cloud storage and online document editing tools. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

If I have to re-post an application because it was lost, will it need to be re-approved or will it automatically pass because it was a forced re-post?

If it's the old one you have saved, you can repost it without a problem. If it's something you're writing from scratch, it would be better to have a SRP review it. I understand there's no real way to tell, so it will be on your honor.

In either case, please try to keep your character design in check with the present state of the roleplay area you want to play them in.

In case someone forgot to make a backup of their character, they can try to search the url of your application on google, and click on the small green arrow next to the green URL. It should allow you to load the thread from cache, and with a bit of luck, that cache was from before the archiving tool wrecked your thread.

Hope that helps some of you. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Seems the majority of my character log was obliterated, as was Glitzen's profile, I should hopefully have it saved somewhere, but I hope it ends up being fixed...

Example of what I tried to explain up there. I hope it works. It appears to work for me. ^^

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:33HZhgyRiREJ:www.canterlot.com/topic/575-glitzen-glamour/+&cd=1&hl=de&ct=clnk&gl=de&client=firefox-a

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:NvnYaHklbM8J:www.canterlot.com/topic/315-dubs-club/+&cd=1&hl=de&ct=clnk&gl=de&client=firefox-a

Urgh. I hope it gets fixed, there's a lot of old threads I like going back to look at. I'd have copy/pasted them to a text file if I'd known there was a chance of losing them, and the thought of hunting through google archives isn't appealing... And my Doctor Whooves and Sweetie Belle apps were the oldest active cast apps on the board! Ah well... que sera sera.

Yeah, the history is all kinds of broken at the moment. I noticed that, too. But that's a separate thing from that actual posts disappear from threads, which has been happening to other folks. ^^

You can also not find either Sweetie Belle or Doc Whooves via Canterlot's search bar. I searched them via google. Alternatively, they of course are still in the respective boards. :P