Crimes Against Baking

When you bake a cake, do you reach for cake mix instead of wholesome, natural ingredients like organic flour, butter, and whole chocolate? Do you pack down mass-market travesties such as twinkies, ding-dongs, oreos, etc? Now is your chance to repent for your sins against all baked goods!

The first step is admitting you have a problem! I'll try my best to steer you down the path of baked righteousness.

Rw7CoUC.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to admit, my microwave is my best friends, for without him I could not have 90% of the meals that I have that require cooking.

I don't even attempt to make cake, I buy it from the grocery store, or worse, little ones from a convenience store... On my way to the Taco Bell.

Oh I remember when I was supposed to do my first blueberry cream for my brother and sister. Though I read wrong on the recipe and instead of taking 3 spoons of potato starch (most excellent to make liquid thicker) I actually took 3 deciliter.

It literally turned into red cement so thick that it almost didn't pour off the spoon and my siblings' chins touched the floor when they saw it.

My brother ate one spoon before he was grossed and left the rest.

My sister forced herself to eat five spoons just to be nice with me but did then run off and threw up in the toilet.

I myself devoured everything on my plate, and did then go, to save my pride, and took another portion and ate up everything on that plate as well before I stored it in the fridge and awaited my parents arrival. Though I was indeed a bit heavy in the stomach that day and my family a bit disguised.

I will say it. I love me some Spam.

NOT THAT KIND OF SPAM.

the yummy kind.

the piggy kind.

I've used it for everything. Even made Spam Musubi.

Now I need to make this!

q0o.gif

DING!

Spam Cupcakes! Takes two of my favorite things.

Cupcakes.

Spam.

Yum. :?:

q0o.gif

Spam Cupcakes!

What is this treat

Filled with so many nitrates

Casting its spell

That I am now under

Sweets on my meats

and the cute swirling frosting

Sprinkles flying free

and Hormel with their Spam

Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam!

Oooh, what a delectable feast

and I owe it all to the Tacobob

If I knew that spam had so much up its sleeve

I'd have devoured it sooner and deep fried this treat

Yes, I love this radical spreeeeeeeeeeead!

1372439484743_by_accellerant-d6lauk3.gif

This easily surpasses my affection for Mint Oreo Brownies!

Archived