Meet Canterlot's Staff and Helpers!

Rosewind

Greetings, and welcome to our site! I'm Rose, one of the two Admins helping guide this project. Canterlot as a site has a long and rich history. We're really excited to have fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic joining us to share, roleplay, create, and enjoy all our site has to offer! I'd like you to meet the various talented and passionate people currently helping make this site a reality. Feel free to contact any of us -- we're here to help!

Below is a bit of quick information about me, and the users that follow so you can get to know us better.

Name: Rosewind, but everyone just calls me Her Royal Highness, the Great and Powerful Rosie.
Role: Administrator, Queen of the Hive, Pastry Mare
Favorite Pony: All of them!
Favorite FiM Episode: Party of One
Favorite Book: Pearls of Lutra, by Brian Jacques.
Favorite Anime: Too many!
Favorite thing about Canterlot: The community.
Best known for: Probably my baking! (And criticism of processed, icky foodthings.)
Personal Quote:

About me: Let's see...I enjoy attending conventions of any kind. Anime, furry, pony, video games, whatever. I'm a professional baker. When I'm not decorating cakes and baking bread, I'm thinking of ways to improve this site and making it a fun to place to be for its users. I like to make art now and then. My door is always open, so feel free to send me a PM about anything!

Name: Diomedes, but everyone just calls me Dio.

Role: Administrator, Royal Guard guru, occasional lore contributor, Ghostie's blanket, the PUN-isher

Games of the Month: Warframe, Guild Wars 2, War Thunder

Favorite Microbrew: MBC 80 Schilling Scotch Ale

Favorite Pony: Twilight Sparkle is best pony.

Favorite Background Pony: Thunderlane

Favorite FiM Episode: The Mare in the Moon

Favorite Book: Ones I don't have to read for school.

Favorite thing about Canterlot: Creativity, lorebuilding

Best known for: Blowing up computers, obsessively cleaning my guns, running lore for the Royal Guard

Personal Quote: "I FEEX."

About me: I'm an unconventional nerd. I love video games, computers, nerd culture, and writing fics, but I also love guns, beer, and military stuff. I tinker with my gaming PC and my guns constantly. Rosie has a prettier face than me, so you'll most likely find me working on the backend of site development. Report any bugs to me so we can squash them good!

Name: Super Fabulous Magical Girl Raridash. You can call me Raridash for short though... or Phil, if you really have to. None of these are my actual name.

Role: Moderator, Senior RP Helper and Keeper of the Canterlot Lore Archive.

Favorite Pony: The Fabulous Miss Rarity :Rarity:

Favorite Background Pony: Cloudchaser... or Lyra (I can't choose!)

Favorite FiM Episode: Sonic Rainboom

Favorite (Visual) Novel: Fate/Stay Night

Favorite Anime: Puella Magi Madoka Magica :kyubey:

Favorite Video Game: Persona 4: Golden

Favorite Movie: The Room

Favorite thing about Canterlot: Roleplaying, writing lore, and making awesome friends!

Best known for: Obsessed pony shipping, probably. Maybe some RP stuff too...

Personal Quote:

About me: I'm pretty much just your average good natured, easygoing guy who likes ponies. I came to the FIM from anime fandom and am still pretty huge into anime stuff. I'm an occasional gamer, though a rather niche one: only venturing away from my JRPG comfort zone on rare occasion. I'm also into films, comics and other assorted fun stuff and I'm known to write the occasional fanfic when the right mood sets in. Here on Canterlot, I'm passionate about our RP and enjoy both creating new lore for it and participating in it myself. I love helping users, so if you ever have any questions about RP, lore, or anything else, never hesitate to message me! ;)

Name: Armony, AKA Princess Statue

Role: Moderator, Senior RP Helper, World's Only Talking Statue

Favorite Pony: Fluttershy :Flutter:

Favorite FiM Episode: Magical Mystery Cure

Favorite Book: Storm of Wings, by Chris Bunch

Favorite Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Favorite Thing about Canterlot: Pony-related creative outlet and all the awesome experiences and friends I've made here!

Best Known For: Lurking, OCD

Personal Quote:

About Me: I'm a fairly shy and nerdy girl, and I usually prefer to keep to myself. I'm a very practical person who likes things like logic, efficiency, and numbers, and tend to consider myself a perfectionist. Some of my biggest hobbies include gaming of all kinds, watching anime, listening to music, tinkering with things I probably shouldn't be, and helping out here on Canterlot. If you need any help with character designs, roleplay ideas, or with the site in general, I'm just a message away! :)

Name: Helix

Role: Moderator, keeper of the cast applications and official grumpypants.

Favorite Pony: Twilight is best pony :)

Favorite FiM Episode: Lesson Zero

Favorite Book: Halo: The Fall of Reach - Eric Nylund.

Favorite Anime: Full Metal Alchemist

Favorite Video Games: Entire Halo series, Entire Bioshock series, Pokemon games.

Favorite thing about Canterlot: The fantastic RPs.

Best known for: Knowing far too much about video games, and always having too much homework.

About Me: I'm a former behavioral neuroscience researcher going for a degree in computer science. My true love lies in all things fantasy; I love books, video games, movies and tabletop RP. I am also a professional knitter; I design replicas of movie, television, anime, and video game props that are knitted and make them in real life for cosplayers.

Name: Manestream, Manie-pants, Princess Mane, Queen Manestream, Mane, Maddy, and schmoopie-doo.

Role: Staff Emeritus (Retired Queen Bee), Heart of Equestria GM, Lore builder, Event Planner, and a bit derpy.

Favorite Pony: Twi-dash-jack? Can that be a thing?

Favorite FiM Episode: Hearts and Hooves Day

Favorite Book: The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho

Favorite Anime: Mushishi and Kino's Journey.

Favorite Video Games: Super Mario RPG / Final Fantasy 6

Favorite thing about Canterlot: The several years I have been able to watch it grow, change, and become what it is today.

Best known for: In high school, my mother's turkey and cheese sandwiches. Oh, I could trade them for anything.

Favorite Quote: I could spend forever trying to find something philosophical, but I think it really just comes down to this: "Be excellent to each other!"

About me: I married my high school sweetheart! xD In regards to the forum though; I have previously been active as a moderator, and admin of Canterlot.com, worked with some amazing people, participated in an amazing community, and while my life has become too busy to carry on the responsibilities I once did- I am hoping to return and get involved in working on the creative tasks I previously did not have time for, such as site lore, events, and the HofE project. I am very confident in the Canterlot team, and I look forward to working with them immensely!

Name: SteelEagle

Role: SRPH, Cast Support Co-Lead, Event Emissary.

Favorite Pony: Applejack

Favorite FiM Episode: The Last Roundup

Favorite Book: Catch-22.

Favorite thing about Canterlot: The roleplay.

Best known for: Being involved in 89% of all WoE RPs.

Personal Quote: "Oh God please stop me from making more threads."

About me: Married father of two who loves the Puget Sound region after recently moving away to San Diego. Work at Naval Station San Diego as a civilian contractor-welder.

Name: riverhippo

Favorite Pony Best Pony: Applejack

Role: Role Play Helper (I role play as a player who has a role in role play helping)

Favorite FiM Episode: Sleepless in Ponyville

Favorite Cartoons: Hey Arnold!, Rocko's Modern Life, Doug, Darkwing Duck, Tale Spin, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, yeah you get the idea

Favorite Movie: Memento

Favorite Sports Teams: Denver Broncos, Texas Rangers

Favorite Video Games: Skyrim, Skylanders, Sky-, I mean, Borderlands 2, Portal 2, Chivalry, Half-life, and sometime next Spring, The Elder Scrolls Online

When I'm not on Canterlot: Playing Games, chatting with my gamer guild, listen to podcasts, music

Favorite Role Play Thread: Relaxation, the Apple Family Way!

Favorite thing about Canterlot: Threads that involve orange ponies that wear stetson hats.

Best known for: Looking at Brian's Applejack artwork

About Me: I'm just a regular guy who likes ponies. I spend a lot of time on Skype, and its the best way to reach me. I became a fan of ponies in March of 2011, which happens to be around when this community started. I love to write stories about ponies with people, and if you ever have an idea for a role play, I'm always game about sharing ideas. I've gained lots of friends over that time and met some of the coolest people on Canterlot. A little more time, and I'll get to know you as well. I also like Italian food, epic sunsets, and long walks on the beach. I am a total nerd.

Name: Ghost Girl, but you can call me Ghostie

Role: RP Helper, Team Leader of the Welcome Wonderbolts, Dio's keeper, and general ray of undead sunshine.

Favorite Pony: Twilight Sparkle.

Favorite Background Pony: Stormy! (or I guess Medley according to the mlp wikia)

Favorite FiM Episode: uuuuuuh... Suited for Success? Hurricane Fluttershy! A Canterlot Wedding?! Is this a trick question?

Favorite TV Series: Digimon Adventure and Adventure 02 and Tamers. Firefly. Doctor Who.

Favorite Movie: Dark City!

Favorite Book: This is a trick question, too, right? My favorite authors are JRR Tolkien, Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, and HP Lovecraft, though!

Currently Reading: Reaper Man, by Terry Pratchett and The Shunned House, by HP Lovecraft.

Favorite Video Game: Torchlight 2 and LoZ: OoT. Also Pokemon anything.

Favorite Board Game: Munchkin, Arkham Horror, and SmallWorld

Favorite thing about Canterlot: The community as a whole.

Best known for: Burrowing under Dio and dying a lot.

Personal Quote: "Hi, I'm Ghostie, and I'll be your spirit guide!"*

About me: So basically I'm this girl who likes things. A lot. I will freak out over Doctor Who, Sherlock, Digimon, MLP, Gravity Falls, Pokemon, Lovecraft, The Avengers and who knows what else. If you ask Dio, I'm sure he can tell you how many times I've deafened him by squealing in his ear about new updates on the things I love. I also have a certain fondness for maps of fictional places, and I collect as many of said maps as I can. I'm an amateur seamstress and I make a living hostessing in a restaurant. I cook a lot and I bake a lot and if you ask about box mixes I will have Rosie give you a baked bad award because no no no no no. I'm a mediocre artist, but I'm not half bad at pixel art. And I have way too many books. And my computer totally sucks, otherwise I'd game a lot more than I do right now, so mostly I'm playing tabletops right now. My DnD group meets every Tuesday. ...I think that's it.

*Dio made me do it.

Name: Bellosh101

Role: Roleplay Helper, Lore Contributor

Favorite Pony: Twilight Sparkle

Favorite FiM Episode: Canterlot Wedding? Magical Mystery Cure? Beats me.....

Favorite Book: 1984, by George Orwell

Favorite Cartoon: The Simpsons, Seasons 1-7

Favorite Fictional Universe: Star Wars

Favorite thing about Canterlot: Roleplaying, lore writing, my buddies

Best known for: Being a big fan of Twilight Sparkle

Personal Quote: *Maniacal laughter*

About me: I have way more free time than I should have.

Name: Corsair

Role: Event Emissary / Cast Support

Favorite Pony: Fluttershy

Favorite FiM Episode: Hurricane Fluttershy

Favorite Movie: Airplane

Favorite Animated Movie: The Incredibles

Current MMO Addiction: EVE Online

Favorite thing about Canterlot: Chatting with other members, writing.

Best known for: Being the Anti-shipper, taking too long to reply to RPs...

Personal Quote: "...I hate you all..."

About me: I'm a bit older than the average FiM fan, and have a teenaged son who is also a fan of the show. I'm the IT guy for my son's High School, so I spend all day working on computers, and all night playing on them. I also read way too much FiM fan-fiction.

Name: BrianBlackberry, people also call me BBB, Triple-B, and in Steel's case his wubby pony waifu.

Role: Mainly I help with the lore, and also with the events, primarily through art, but I have the occasional idea as well.

Favorite Pony: Applejack :AJ:

Favorite Background Pony: Flitter

Favorite FiM Episode: Suited For Success, Ponyville Confidential, Wonderbolts Academy

Favorite Book: Watership Down by Richard Adams

Favorite Movie: Braveheart

Favorite TV Series: Babylon 5, X-Files, Battlestar Galactica, Deep Space Nine, Doctor Who, see a theme here? :razz:

Favorite Video Game: Grand Thief Auto Series, Mass Effect Trilogy, Borderlands I & II, Red Dead Redemption, Gears of War Trilogy, Paradox Interactive games, Civilization series

Favorite Anime: Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

Favorite thing about Canterlot: The friendships I built here, the community of dedicated fans.

Best known for: Drawing silly pony pictures, drawing pin-up pony pictures, hosting science fiction streaming.

Personal Quote: "No matter where you go, there you are"

About me: I am both an old school and a second generation geek who has over the years become involved in several geeky fandoms, some for decades, but none more so than science fiction. As for ponies, they are my silly, innocent fantasy escape, and this is why I indulge in the show and its fandom so loyally. It is ironic I suppose, as I am not a real fan of magic and fantasy in general when it comes to fiction, and a secular humanist when it comes to life, just goes to show that this show can reach anyone. Outside of my love of geek and involvement in several genres, I am also a fanatical American football fan who follows both the NFL and NCAA religiously. I also have a love of history and science, but none more so than my devotion to astronomy.

Name: Lux (Also known as Lord Ridiculux)

Role: Cast Support and Application Helper

Favorite Pony: Twilight as my favorite Mane Six :TSparkle: and Princess Luna as my favorite Princess :Luna:

Favorite Background Pony: Probably Derpy and Carrot Top

Favorite FiM Episode: Too many to mention but i have to go with Winter Wrap Up as that was the show that got me into liking MLP!

Favorite Book: The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle

Favorite Movie: Anything Fantasy (Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, etc.)

Favorite TV Series: Lost, Once Upon a Time, Face off, Heroes of Cosplay, The Middle

Favorite Video Game: Borderlands 2

Favorite Anime: Death Note or Wagaya no O-Inari Sama (Our Home's Fox Deity)

Favorite thing about Canterlot: Those playing here and the fun RP encounters.

Best known for: My Adorkableness? Maybe more of the fact that I'm an egghead and my plethora of pretty pastel ponies I play as.

Personal Quote:

About me: I'm a fan of all things fantasy (books, movies, games, TV series, statues, art, etc). I love writing (working on a novel right now), drawing, singing, listening to music, going to movies, playing strategy games, and having fun with friends. I'm easy to get to know, so stop by and say hello! I have been a member of Canterlot.com for over a year and a half now and a Role Play Helpstaff member for a year. I help out with applications to make sure that your ponies are the best that they can be. As a Cast Support, I help those that have cast characters find new and interesting ways to play them and encourage applying for the available cast characters.

Name: Mojo (a.k.a. “The Pony of Peace”)

Role: Role Play Helper: Welcome Wagon

Favorite Pony: Granny Smith

Favorite Background Pony: Tie: Sheriff Silverstar/Derpy Hooves

Favorite FiM Episode: Tie: Over a Barrel/Best Night Ever/Last Roundup

Favorite Novel: Lord of the Rings series

Favorite Anime: Bo-Bo-Bo-Bo-Bo-Bo (I think that’s the official title)

Favorite Video Game: Pokemon Stadium 2 (showing my age here)

Favorite Movie: Any John Wayne Western

Favorite thing about Canterlot: Roleplaying and interacting with younger fans of the show!

Best known for: My large ‘Stable’ of RP Ponies, including many Tier 3 Cast Ponies.

Personal Quote: “Absoltively!”

About me: I’m an American guy, probably a lot older than all of you and I LOVE the MLP FiM Series! I personally believe that so-called background ponies need to have their story told! I also believe that RP-ing on this website should be a fun experience, which is why I usually try to introduce humor with all of my characters. After all, real life is serious enough, right? Why not escape from all that here, in Canterlot.com? Anyway, guess I’m a bit old fashioned in my ways, but maybe that’s not such a bad thing. :D:D:D

Name: Gerrard. My full name is Gerrard Greyfeather. My friends sometimes call me Gerry or Catbird because I am a griffon.

Role: Role Play Helper

Favorite Equestrian Citizen: Well, my favorite is one you have never heard of. If I were to chose one you were aware of, I would have to pick Princess Luna, she is quite the looker!

Favorite FiM Episode: I have no idea what episodes or televisions are, but I did watch a pegasus attend confidence classes from a minotaur. Intriguing to say the least!

Favorite Book: Animal Farm. Apparently some ungulates decided to rebel against their rightful griffon masters. The ponies thought they were more equal than their hoofed brethren and became the monsters who tortured them so!

Favorite Anime: I have no idea what anime is, but my favorite media involves two interesting stories. One is about ponies who have to rebel against titanic ponies who harass them for no apparent reason. I also like the story about a griffoness who can control the elements of nature and bind them to her will!

Best known for: Being a catbird and calling ponies ungulates.

Personal Quote: "Hello my tiny ungulates."

About me: I am a griffon who was born in Talonopolis. I moved to Canterlot as part of a foreign exchange program to learn about irrigation. I now water ponies for a living! I am here to help all of my fellow critters, even if they need to write their applications with their mouths!

Name: QuickLime

Role: Role Play Helper/Application Maven/ Welcome Wonderbolt supprt/Event Support/Lore Support.

Favorite Equestrian Citizen: Rainbow Dash :RDash:

Favorite FiM Episode: A Canterlot Wedding: Part:1+2

Favorite Book: I have a LOT of favorite books

Favorite Anime: DBZ

Best known for: My Roleplay Guide, Helping with problem Applications and the like

Personal Quote: "Not that kind of lime!"

About Me: My name is QuickLime and I am a Canterlot User of 2 years now, I love this site a lot and am willing to do anything to make it a safe, fun and helpful place. I love roleplaying, Writing, and drawing, and I am always eager to help someone if they need me...And my Name is QuickLime, not "Limey" Not "Quickey" My username is a reference to a chemical not a speedy citrus, and jokes of my name will earn you a swift nip to the hind quarters :V

I am also the Queen of Ravens and devoted student of Princess RoseWindia :)

Name: Halide

Role: Lore-writer

Favorite Pony: Spike, the new Dash.

Favorite FiM Episode: Griffon the Brush-Off

Favorite Book: The Hobbit

Favorite Movie : The Last Starfighter

Favorite Video Games: Everything Valve, Metroid Prime, Space Marine

Favorite thing about Canterlot: Roleplaying. And derailing spam threads.

Best known for: Blunt, loquacious cynicism and unfettered verbosity.

Personal Quote: "That's a thing we can do. Canada. Sports."

>INVESTIGATE CHARACTER

I'm a roleplayer, programmer and a technician who's recently hit the road and started living on his own. I'm also one of the more prolific chat RPers, so if somebody wants pointers or tips, I'm a pretty good guy to ask about those. I'm also good at keeping secrets!

• 1 month later...

Name: Robikku - often known as the Brit

Role: Senior Role Play Helper - also readily available fallstallion and drowning victim C/O Rosewind

Favorite Pony: Rarity is best Mane 6 - Vinyl Scratch, of course, is best BG Pony!

Favorite FiM Episode: Screw it, all of 'em!

Favorite Book: Not really sure anymore!

Favorite Anime: ...do the cutscenes in Ace attorney 5 count? :3

Favorite thing about Canterlot: The community is pretty swell - the Roleplay, top Notch.

Best known for: Drowning, being the buttstallion, having a quirky sense of humor, eating foods that drive Rosi crazy!

Personal Quote: " OBJECTION! "

About me:

I'm a pon' who enjoys the simple things in life - I do what I can around canterlot, aidin' and abettin' the silliness of the ponies found here and occasionally on the canterlot chat server.

I enjoy Ace attorney, Avengers-related shenanigans, Ponies, Legal thriller books, and occasionally derp around on FFXIV when I can get around to doing so! :3

• 1 year later...

Name: Firefoxx, you can call me Foxy if you'd like

Role: SRPH

Favorite Pony: The Dashster a'course

Favorite Background Pony: I'm a DJ-PON3 fan

Favorite FiM Episode: Can't choose...makin' my head hurt...

Favorite Book: Anything from the Redwall series, RIP BJ you've changed many lives with your work

Favorite thing about Canterlot: Creative role play, I get to pretend I'm a pony what could be better?

Best known for: On this site... well, I play many cast characters, including the one that's 20% more awesome :shock:

About me: I'm a middle school teacher, an avid reader of many types of literature, I'm currently working on a novel, and a long time supporter and fan of creative role play! I've really enjoyed my time at Canterlot so far and looking forward to more fun to come!

Name: Star Swirl the Bearded
Role: Senior Role Play Helper
Favorite Pony: Twilight Sparkle (Though of the princesses it goes to Celestia)
Favorite FiM Episode: Lesson Zero
Favorite Novel: Uh... I call foul here! Too many... can't choose... Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, HP Lovecraft, JRR Tolkein, Haruki Murakami, Conan Doyle... I could keep going... but you get the idea...
Favorite Anime: Naoki Urasawa's Monster (but that is if I only can choose one)
Favorite Video Game: Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne (Though My favorite studios are Valve, Atlus and Team Ico)
Favorite Movie: Know what? I'm not answering this one! Nope! Can't do it.
Favorite thing about Canterlot: Roleplaying, and friends
Best known for: Science! 
Personal Quote: "I am mad scientist! It's so cool! Sonuva*****"

About me: I'm not sure what to say here that I've not already said elsewhere. I'm a nerd in every sense of the word. From being a scientist to loving sci-fi and fantasy. Yet at the same time I love weapons, cars and martial arts. I'm also pretty adept at computers and am a percussionist. Overall I'm pretty easy going but I'm probably too analytical/logical for my own good. 

Archived