Insula Errata - Part I - Unkown Shore [Closed]

Ciraxis

((Excellent, I will from now on show you Quillhart's inner conversations the same way as your OCs see them. AKA nonexistent.))

".....Unfortunately they do. In tragedies." Squall reminded him, not wanting the Quill to be over confident. But then he realized that it may sound a little too sepulchral. "You shouldn't worry about that. You have a point. Besides, it's not a book yet...and I got your back." noblestallion patted him on the back as he made his way back to Fire.

Quillhart laid a hoof on his face when Squall remarked that ponies do die in tragedies. He clearly didn't get the sarcasm that the brown pony hinted towards when he referred to himself as immortal. Though he felt rather safe knowing that Squall watched over them... and Fire Walker... and Muggo... and Dunder. Heck. What could possibly go wrong when they where watched over by a whole pack of valiant adventurers with a sweet urge to protect others? "It's. ugh. good to. ow. to know that, Squall." Said Quillhart while Squall's hoof felt heavy against his currently weak body.

The brown pony felt a bit awkward as everypony walked away to do some duties and he found himself with no given responsibility. Or had he been given one...? He couldn't seem to remember. Quillhart was too nervous to ask for a job and just stood his ground. It was weird, yes, he found it hard to interact with ponies outside his reach of friends but he'd never been afraid to jump in and help his friend when they worked with important stuff. Quillhart lifted his hoof and looked at it. What was this? His sand-covered hoof felt so heavy and its movements were clumsy and slow. His mind was rebelling and even thinking was a harder deal now. Everything he did was incredibly tiring in comparison from how it used to be. How could he possibly be surviving without getting everypony else doing the hard work. He didn't like getting others do the hard work.

"Why..?" Said Quillhart out loud to the hot air and shook his head in confusion.

It was strange all this... was he feeling like this because he was an earth pony? Still, if that was true; why would it affect him so hard as it did? Muggo was the only Earthpony present apart from him and he might feel likewise but it didn't quite seem like it. Maybe he had a decreased physique but his mind appeared to be clear as glass as he dealt out orders for the others to follow. Quillhart decided to trot up to him while he was away from the group and ask him about it, this would prove whether the storm had made him go nuts or not. "Ehum, Muggo! I, ahem, I have to ask something as one Earthpony to another. Do you feel any major differences? I mean; our Unicorns can't wield their magic and our Pegasuses appear to have their wings clipped and I feel a bit.. a bit impaired, myself. Can you relate to it? And if you can, would you please mind to describe the feeling for me?" ​He spoke slowly and paused several times to elaborate his way to express himself. "If it's true that this island is tearing on our strengths it would mean that our inborn physical abilities should be heavily decreased. Though I wonder if it's possible that a not-too-strong Earthpony like me would be affected differently by its influence in comparison to a strong Earthpony such as yourself. Physical strength is hard to measure after all."

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"No, I'm pretty sure I saw you before the whole the sinking incident.", the Pegasus paused for a moment before she continued marking the sand, "We all just need to stay positive. It's not the question of if we're going to get rescued, it's just when.", she listened to Scrollwork and quickly added, "Right, just make sure you all grab the driest wood you can find, if it's wet, it's not going to catch. Also, the sticks thing is fine, but if you can find two flint rocks, that will be much quicker and a whole lot easier."

Once Swift Squall got closer, her smile returned to her face," Things didn't work out with the two, so I thought, maybe Docket? She's very pretty and also incredibly intelligent, but she always ends up with the worst kind of boyfriends, or girlfriends. I thought Muggo' would be more her speed. He's handsome and very dependable. As for rocks, sure, I'll do that next. Just need to get the letters done, then we can sprinkle in the rocks as we find them.", she whispered the bit about Muggo', but said the rest in a louder tone. "Where I'm at should be fine. Even the high tide won't wash this away, save for really rotten weather."

"Fire, look at me." Swift turned mare around and looked her into the eyes.

"This is not alcohol fault. If you forgot, I am teetotaler. The only thing I sipped back then was Pussyfoot. And besides if it would still work, you wouldn't be able to take sky in first place." he took a deep breath, placed his

"Oh right.", the mare groaned, "How do I always end up with you guys? Sure you're terribly handsome, brave and strong and a good deal of fun to be with, but...but..", she looked as if she were to pass out, "Just feel so odd. So numb. Maybe you're right. I heard stories that long ago in the past, there were great wars long before Equestria was formed. Great wars that involved powerful magic, so much so that the very lands where the battles were fought were literally stripped of their magic and created these dead zones. And sometimes zones were created where magic worked all differently and the laws of the land were different than our own. The Everfree Forest is generally given as an example. Not that I believe in any 'dead magic' zones.", she fell into the stallion's kiss and when they finished, Fire Walker almost appeared to have been given a second wind.

She glanced down at the knives, "Could be useful, I just don't have anywhere to put them. But once I finish with the letters, I could always make an makeshift scabbard.", she glanced over at her old colt-friend, "Can't believe Dunder brought his sword to a pleasure cruise. What a nut." With that, the young mare continued with her HELP sign.

The pleasure cruise sounded like a good idea. It didn't seem like it was one of those excessively fancy events, that this particular mare disliked. Those that boarded seemed like the kind of ponies she'd enjoy spending time with and she could smell the delicious food within, she was completely sold and with the promise of delight and relaxation the mare ascended the gangplank.

It only took a few miles out of port that she realized how bad an idea this was, This was her first time on a boat and she definitely had yet to have gained her sea-legs so to speak. The young unicorn was used to making long trips... but never by sea. At first the sweet salty aroma of the ocean smelled nice, but eventually it began to wear on her as seasickness set in. The yellowish tan Unicorn seemed to be miserable during this trip and because of some stubborn pride and not wanting to ruin the other ponies good time she was determined to power though it. Most of her time was spent either in her cabin trying in vain to sleep through the trip, or on the upperdecks heaving and moaning in agony so being in this state on the night of a violent storm just how rotten her luck was at this time. due to being below decks during the time of the storm and too sluggish to react quick enough she was left trapped in her room for a few minutes as it began to fill with water. She gathered what strength she had in her managed to kick the door open... only to get swept up in the torrent of water.

"Ugh... where am I?" She thought as she slowly opened her eyes. her vision was blurry at first and all she saw was a big blotch of red against a who lot of tan and white. Soon enough her vision recovered and she sleepily thought as things came into focus,"I-Is that a... crab? why's it got it's claw rais--" she didn't get to finish the thought before the curstacean delivered a strong pinch to the mare's nose.

"OOOOOOOOOW!" the mare let out a loud shriek of pain that could easily be heard far down the beach, bucking and spinning and eventually yanking the creature off her nose although it had indeed left it's mark and kicking it into the distance. "That'll learn ya!" she shouted in the direction of the soaring crab.

The mare noticed her head felt rather cold and raised her hooves to feel taking it back as she felt a strong twinge of pain in her left front leg not really caring about it as she had other things on her mind. Noticing her head bare of anything save her silvery-white mane,"W-Where's my hat?" she asked in her head. Presteza hung her head as she noticed her hat nowhere on the scene. "As long as I have my paintbrush and my scarf I'll be fi--" The mare had only now just noticed her neck and back was bare. She tried to take a step as she looked around noticing something blue in the sand a few yards away as well as what looked like a saddlebag by the shore.

The first step had a sharp pain shoot through her left foreleg and winced,"ow!" she yelped as she took that first step and put her weight on it... slowly she began to limp towards her target, determined not to let it wash away, So focused was she on this task she didn't notice any of the voices further down the shore.

Scrollwork smiled at Dunder, reassuring the pegasus that he had meant his own bags and that he should have styed still to do it up up rather than trying to run and fasten at the same time.

"Something for me to bear in mind if our magic continues to fail", he said. Despite the jovial tone the unicorn nibbled thoughtfully at his lower lip as the pegasus walked a short distance to converse with another unicorn who passed him a sword.

He looked to the firewood again in time to hear the final parts of the vested earth pony's speech, Muggo if he heard correctly. Between the accent and the missed parts the only thing Scrollwork was sure of was that he was looking for flint and sticks with string for what would probably be a firebow. Seeing Pyro and a honey coloured pegasus start along the beach looking for rocks, Scrollwork decided to head up the beach toward the tree-line. He would travel a short distance along the tree-line first in order to find something for the bow itself, some hardwood and something string related. On the way back he would scour the tide-line, if he could find it, looking for softwood or driftwood to use as the static piece. Yes indeed! If the ancients could make fire, he was sure this group could between them.

OOC: Additions to appearance as at this post - Wearing saddlebags, left is intact and looks about half full, right is torn to uselessness. Body and mane are still damp with seawater and dusted with sand. Looks a little bewildered and out of place.

Dunder's eyes showing no emotion the whole way. After, he simply replied, "What is it you want to share?" He asked softly as he put the sword, in its scabbard, under his wing to hold it temporarily.

As they neared to the large rock formation that was dividing the beach in the half, Squall sighed heavily and decided to spill the beans.

"I be brutally honest with you Dunder. I don't believe anypony will come for us. noblestallion said. Swift made a quick glimpse at the others, now far away enough that they looked small like flies.

"A large island not marked on the map, with unnatural astronomical phenomenon and pony magic can't function on it. Don't you think that such place should be widely known? We both trotted far around the world and there isn't a place that displays such qualities in whole known world. And if it isn't known...how could they look for us here?" swordstallion explained his worries. "Moto...Errr....I mean Fire and others may have high hopes but in reality we on our own. That and almost half of the group doesn't seem to posses any survival skills. Although I can be wrong, it's not wise to judge book by it's cover." unicorn rubbed his own chin with a hoof.

"I am saying this because somepony should know....just in case, and as I said I trust you Dunder more then anypony else besides her. Swift placed one of front legs on his best buddy shoulder. "Please don't share what I said with others for now. The situation is bad as it is, crushing everypony spirits won't improve anything." Squall sighed again. The burden of this knowledge did not got any lighter. The fact that he was dropping it on his friend head actually made it worse. Among things that Swift despised was making his friends worry but it had to be done.

"But enough about that for now. We have to worry about the problems of the body more than that of the mind. If sea currents were generous enough to return your weapon they could wash ashore some supplies and other things from the cruiser." both stallions made their way through thin passage between rocks.

Squall was proven right. On the other side of the beach - obscured by stony formations earlier - was plenty of wreckage. Wardrobes, cabinets, sealed crates. There was even large part of the stern intact! But more importantly....

"We come to look for something and found somepony as the bonus." he commented seeing a silver-maned mare. She looked young. Adult still but young. Noblepony judged that she was about as much younger from Dunder as he was from Swift. Although again, looks could be deceiving. Female unicorn didn't seemed to notice them anyway. Instead she limped with determined expression on her face towards half buried saddle bag.

"Better not surprise her. She could hurt herself." Squall said, hinting about mares leg. So instead of sneaking towards her, Swift and Dunder made their way towards her loudly. The throwing knives inside unicorn duster suddenly started to ping against each other, and pegasus rapier weren't any different. As the got close enough to Presteza, swordstallion recognized what was wrong with her leg.

"Joint dislocation. Without magic or anesthetic it could be ugly" he muttered.

Rescue was one of the last things on Dunder's mind. His brain was already used to being away from home, and this was the second crash of some sort that he has been in. And that time they had to exert plenty of effort getting themselves out before being in a position to be rescued. Survival was on Dunder's mind right now, worrying about being rescued was later. But he still nodded to Squall, "I won't tell anypony. We'll just let them keep up their seeking of survival." Dunder said as they trotted, "But make sure that this is a collective effort, we should let them know sooner or later so that we can switch gears from seeking rescue to rescuing ourselves." Dunder said to his fellow warrior after the unicorn put his hoof back on the ground, this time putting a hoof on Squall's shoulder.

And then soon they continued, going around the cliff to see the wreckage of cargo scattered about the beach, more importantly, there was another pony. A unicorn mare by the looks of it. Eagerly, Dunder followed, especially noting the leg injury. But the observation of a joint dislocation was a stretch, "If her leg was dislocated, she wouldn't be trotting around casually." Dunder commented on Squall's deduction. To get her attention, Dunder whistled loudly, "Hey!" He called afterwards, "Stop trotting on that leg! It's probably sprained, you don't want to hurt it more than you need to!" Dunder called out again to Presteza as the two stallions approached.

Pyro stared around at the group as they moved about. Pyro sighed and looked at what he had acomlished so far. "Feel so useless without my magic. All I've managed to do is collect sticks and find a rock. I should find some other way to help out." Pyro said to himself, looking down at the ground. Pyro sighed again before looking up and walking over to where Fire was drawing help in the sand. Pyro watched her for a couple of seconds before grabbing a nearby stick and starting the letter after the one she was on. "What do we do with this after we're done writing it in the sand?" Pyro tried to say through the stick he was using. Pyro stopped and dropped the stick in annoyance before picking it up in his hoof and continuing on. Pyro repeated what he had tried to say earlier, and it came out much clearer this time. Pyro continued drawing the letter as he waited for a response from the Pegasus.

"Once we are finished with a proper distress signal and a bonfire has been created, we should go about checking on the basics, such as fresh water.", she glanced away from the beach and studied what laid ahead, "We can live without food for days, and if you had as much of the cruise buffet that I did, you may go even longer, but we need fresh water. Thankfully, I can already see an assortment of food from where I stand. We could...",, the mare watched as Swift Squall went to help the limping mare. "Excuse me for a moment.", she quickly made her way towards the pair.

While she did not hear everything, Fire Walker did catch the last few things he had said. "Don't worry Miss. It's not that bad. You just need to get off it for a moment.", the Pegasus did notice that she was desperately trying to get a hold of something and being the type of pony who did not wish for the poor girl to endure further hardships, the mare quickly got ahold of the saddlebags before they were swept into the sea. "Here you go miss.", she eyed the stallion, "Sir Swift, we need to slowly and carefully straighten out her leg. Then we will need to move her up a little further from the beach where I can make a proper brace for her.", unless he had a better plan, the R.E.A guard went about fixing her leg. "This might hurt a little.", she placed a reassuring hoof on Presteza's shoulder before going about the task.

"We are all going to need to get together and figure out what we all need to do.", she added, "We need to give everypony a task to do. If we all go about our business without order and structure, things will quickly go south for us all."

Presteza's ears perked up at the sound of rapid clanging from the various implements Dunder and Swift had along with them. Despite Dunder's warnings she kept pulling herself toward the bag, wincing in pain with each step of her foreleg, at least until another mare came along and hoofed the golden-tan unicorn her saddlebags,"Thanks! um but I kinda need that blue thing there too..."she said pointing her hoof at a bit of brilliant bright blue cloth poking from beneath the sand, if dug up it would be revealed to be a somewhat weathered but a high quality and very warm scarf,"please... it's really important ta me." she said with a slight blush on her cheeks as well as an embarrassed grin.

Along with her injured leg the unicorn's nose was slightly red due to the previous altercation with the crustacean before if touched it was still a bit tender and she would wince and recoil at the slight sting. Upon closer inspection from the nearest swordstallion he would be able to tell this mare seemed like she had a bit of strength to her, especially in her hindlegs. She had the kind of build that was pretty good for bucking and she had that nimble quality to her as well. As she let the pegasus look at her hoof she tilted her head slightly and arched a brow,"Uh... there somethin' you ponies aren't tellin' me?" she asked, seeming a bit suspicious of these strangers.

Hearing the silver maned mare speak it was easy to tell where she came from. She bore the distinct accent of a pony from Trottingham, the typical non-rhotic way of speaking that had it's unique charm.

As Honey Smiles went about cheerfully gathering several more rocks, he kept a paranoid eye on every single one of the ponies, watching their every move and noting their positions. There certainly was a lot... One would have been enough for him--much easier to threaten when his disguise faded away, too. Plus, maybe they'd rather stay around him, rather than risk absolute isolation. They'd most likely give him some affection to leech off of, too. That would have been nice... But speculating on 'what if's wasn't going to help him any, and e snapped back to attention.

'Oh good, the troublesome one left...', he thought bitterly as he saw the pony who'd been doubting his injuries wander off with another one of them. He had brief thoughts of attempting to converse with the red, female pegasus, in the hope that she would be more sympathetic to him, and in turn, cause her male...friend, to do the same, possibly. However, she followed after them shortly. He peered around once more...the remaining ponies seemed distracted with gathering rocks and sticks and whatnot. He'd nearly forgotten about attempting to fly. Maybe he could try without being spotted. If it worked, it could be worth it. Though, he would be...hesitant to try and fly to the mainland. Getting caught in a storm again would be a possibility. At least he would have a way to escape.

Wandering a but further from the others as innocently as he could manage so that he felt a bit more confident that they wouldn't spot him, he quickly unwrapped his wing, revealing its buglike appearence. Surely, his superior changeling wings would succeed where the ponies' crude, feathery ones failed! Not wanting to waste any time, he buzzed his wings experimentally, before leaping--...and proceeding to land face first into the sand, his wings still lightly flittering uselessly. This wasn't exactly improving his morale...but at least he confirmed that he was also grounded. And probably as good as dead, unless he came up with something clever. Or...maybe these ponies wouldn't mob him? That seemed like a silly thought...but he wouldn't complain.

Shaking off the sand, as quickly as he'd unwrapped his wing, he had wrapped it up again, keeping it out of sight. He hoped, anyways, glancing around in a paranoid fashion before mock-limping back to where he was before, in time to head a very fiery-looking unicorn ask an obvious question. "Nothing! I think. Someone's just gotta see it, and rescue us!", he answered in an optimistic tone. Honey also spotted a unicorn, apparently searching the tide-line for something. He was almost having trouble keeping track of all of them... "So...who are you guys? I don't think anyone I know ended up here... I'm Honey Smiles, though!"

Scrollwork continued walking along the treeline keeping a wary ear out for sounds. Aside from a few sudden noises that made him freeze, the progress was good and he picked up several fallen hardwood branches and a variety of plants that looked as if they could be used as string or braided into some. Next he moved down to the high tide line and began following it back to the group. Sure enough there was plenty of driftwood amongst the other detritus and he began to pick some up. He soon found that he could pick and choose ideal pieces as the tides around this island seemed to wash up a great deal.

As he looked up to the group he noted that the brown pegasus and knighted individual were not there but the groups body language seemed calm enough that he should not be worried. They were probably looking for food or shelter or something equally soldierly.

The red pegasus, Fire Walker if he remembered, dashed off just as he was thinking this and, following her direction with his eyes, he saw that she was headed to a small group further down the beach near to where the waves were breaking. He craned his neck trying to see what excitement was happening down there but decided to continue back to the main group and drop off the wood.

Shortly Fire Walker drew close and, as he was about to speak...

"Nothing! I think. Someone's just gotta see it, and rescue us!"

Scrollwork jumped at the sound, blushing as Fire Walker and this new pony must have noticed it. How had the honey coloured pegasus surprised him like that, especially being injured? Scrollwork looked at him curiously, noting the wrappings and pleasant smiling face before staring too long.

"So...who are you guys? I don't think anyone I know ended up here... I'm Honey Smiles, though!"

"Hello Honey Smiles, I am Scrollwork," he replied as he smiled himself. "I am in a similar predicament with regard to my friends, separated on the way to the lifeboats." Scrollwork paused for a while as that thought sunk in; his peers, stuck in a storm, without magic or flight. He hoped they were safe or had found such a capable group as this appeared to be. Realising he had stopped talking to nibble on his lower lip he looked up again at the pair of pegasi.

"Well, it was pleasant meeting you both a little more but I should return this wood to the group in order to get a signal fire burning. I am sure we will have a chance at proper conversation once the immediate worries are taken care of. In fact, I am looking forward to it!", he smiled again as he walked on toward the area where the signs and signals were being created. It was reassuring to have all the military types around but it was certainly nice to have at least one other civilian to talk to.

He noticed that a white unicorn he had intended to speak to earlier was continuing to write large letters in the sand and, remembering that he had said that he would look for flint, Scrollwork approached him.

"Did you have any luck finding flint or anything similar? I have plenty of wood here and items that should be good for twine and kindling, where do you think they should be placed?", Scrollwork looked at the white unicorn sympathetically, assuming that he too might be feeling a little lost without his magic.

OOC: Additions to appearance as at this post - Wearing saddlebags, left is intact and looks about half full, right is torn to uselessness. Body and mane are still damp with seawater and dusted with sand. He has a variety of sticks, driftwood and vines tucked into and hanging from his saddlebags. Looks a little bewildered and out of place.

It was strange all this... was he feeling like this because he was an earth pony? Still, if that was true; why would it affect him so hard as it did? Muggo was the only Earthpony present apart from him and he might feel likewise but it didn't quite seem like it. Maybe he had a decreased physique but his mind appeared to be clear as glass as he dealt out orders for the others to follow. Quillhart decided to trot up to him while he was away from the group and ask him about it, this would prove whether the storm had made him go nuts or not. "Ehum, Muggo! I, ahem, I have to ask something as one Earthpony to another. Do you feel any major differences? I mean; our Unicorns can't wield their magic and our Pegasuses appear to have their wings clipped and I feel a bit.. a bit impaired, myself. Can you relate to it? And if you can, would you please mind to describe the feeling for me?" ​He spoke slowly and paused several times to elaborate his way to express himself. "If it's true that this island is tearing on our strengths it would mean that our inborn physical abilities should be heavily decreased. Though I wonder if it's possible that a not-too-strong Earthpony like me would be affected differently by its influence in comparison to a strong Earthpony such as yourself. Physical strength is hard to measure after all."

Muggo' Ale was sitting by his little bonfire, still trying to get it started. This island was messing him up for sure, and he wanted to get as many signals going as possible. He wanted a bonfire, a big smokey bonfire, with a big message in the sand too, though Fire Walker and others eemed to be handling that part. He'd found his two stones and was current smacking them together, trying to get friction to fire off a spark for the bonfire. He looked up at the approaching pony and nodded in greeting, then straightened up.

"Aye, b'y," he said simply enough. He had been feeling odd. Weaker, mostly. A little less at ease than normal. And for an odd reason, he found that he lacked that certain je ne sais quoi that usually let him get a fire going, or navigate around, or even figure out where things were. Standard earth pony magic connection to the ground and all that.

"Describe... ya some kind o' writer, b'y? Alright... I feel weaker'n usual, fer one. Can't really figure out why I can't get no fire goin', either," he explained to the stallion, smacking the rocks together again. A little spark, but not enough to catch. "Sound's close to what yer feelin'? An' I hope this island ain't tearing me strength out, s'all I got left," he said with a laugh. Muggo' looked over at Quillhart and nodded, extending a hoof. "Don't think I got yer name."

Pyro looked at the pegasus as she walked off. Then glared at the bandaged Pegasus that spoke next. "Well sorry for trying to see if we were doing anything special with the letters to make them more obvious." Pyro said, angry at his situation and the pegasus's words. The bandaged Pegasus introduced himself as Honey Smiles after asking for their names. "Pyro Blaze." Pyro said, going back to drawing the letters in the sand. "Stupid island, taking my magic. What am I supposed to do to release anger if I can't use my flames? Ugh, I am way too dependent on my magic." Pyro mumbled to himself as he kept writing. Then Scollwork approached him, making him stop talking to himself. "Yeah, I found some flint. I left it by the wood pile, so that's probably where you should leave that wood." Pyro said, glancing up just long enough to see what the stallion was carrying. Pyro looked over to the pile he had built and saw the Earth pony from before trying to light it. "Looks like he's already using the flint. He probably knows more about what to do with those then I do." Pyro said, turning back to the letter he was drawing and continuing the effort.

"If her leg was dislocated, she wouldn't be trotting around casually." Dunder commented on Squall's deduction.

"Her trotting is anything but casual....yet your right Blusty. This strange mix of sun and moon light can confuse ones eyes. Good. That means a first aid kit would suffice." noblepony admitted.

Before he could make any more comments however a voice of Fire made him jump a little.

"Moto! When did you...?" he asked surprised and turned away. Yep, it was full 400 meters from the bonfire. How could he not notice her? Either his sweetheart took extra courses on stealth or was much more sneaky when using her legs rather then her wings. "...followed us? Never mind." he finished. After all the fact that she got better at something wasn't a thing to be worried about.

"Sir Swift, we need to slowly and carefully straighten out her leg. Then we will need to move her up a little further from the beach where I can make a proper brace for her.", unless he had a better plan, the R.E.A guard went about fixing her leg.

This observation made Squall rub his chin. "Indeed we should treat it as soon as possible. But there is also a possibility that we can find some medical supplies...." unicorn stallion said, weighted the options for few seconds.

"Alright, we will make basic treatment first and then look for further supplies." Squall decided. He moved closer to the Pretenza.

"Moto said it would hurt a 'little'. Sorry to disappoint you Miss but thats an understatement, especially if you just woke up." swordstallion said bluntly before picking a piece of wood. Swift proceeded to clear it from the sand with his fetlocks, before passing it too golden-tan mare. "Bite on this. It will help, trust me. Moto you know how to hold her."

Squall waited half a minute, giving Pretenza time to place a wood in her mouth before he started to sloooowly and carefully stretching her leg. After this simple treatment was done he muttered. "It would be much easier if our magic was available. We have to work without this luxury through."

"We are all going to need to get together and figure out what we all need to do.", she added, "We need to give everypony a task to do. If we all go about our business without order and structure, things will quickly go south for us all."

"I agree. But we better take something back there since we here already. I and Dunder will carry..." Squall looked around to notice a crate with a pair of lugs on it's sides next to them. It was a large box, but nothing that two grown up and athletic stallions couldn't deal with. "...this. And since you much closer to her size Moto, you will help Lady...Errr?" Swift Squall realized that he set up a mare's leg without even knowing her name.

The red Pegasus quickly made her way over to Presteza’s scarf and quickly snatched it up before the water or wind carried it away. After shaking the excess water and dirt from it, the mare made her way back to the others. As she did, the R.E.A guard couldn’t help but get a good look at the unicorn. She was rather pretty, almost more so than her friend Docket and with the exception of her hurt leg, appeared to be in pretty good shape. A small smile formed on her muzzle. Even though they were stuck on this strange island and help may take its time getting to them, she may still be able to get Muggo' a gal just in time for 'Hearts and Hooves Day'.

"Here you go Miss.", she helped the girl with her scarf before returning to her previous task. "Yes.", she studied the mare for a moment. "I don't believe this is as serious as we'd originally thought it was, but she's still going to need to get off the leg for a day or so. And yeah, if you need me to help carry her, I'm your mare!", she glanced over towards the lovable earth pony who was working on his bonfire, "Maybe we should put her near Muggo'. He could keep her warm with his..er..", she stammered, "Fire and keep an good eye on her."

'This could work!', the scheming mare thought to herself as a cute little cartoon formed in her mind. The toon started with the ponies dumping the mare right near the stallion. As the mare glanced around, her eyes fell directly into the path of Muggo's. And it was LOVE at first sight! Somehow both their pupils shifted into cute little heart shapes. The group is rescued. Muggo' and whateverhernameis are married and live happily ever after, thanks to Fire Walker! Not only does Fire Walker get a medal in this fantasy, she also given the title of 'Element Of Love' from the princess. They also make a princess as well. For some reason.

As they helped with the lightly injured pony, Fire Walker wisely asked, "Sorry, I didn't get your name. I'm Fire Walker. This here handsome fella is Sir Swift Squall. And the guy over there, the very handsome stallion we're getting closer to is Muggo'. He owns a famous bar and he's also very single.", she ended the sentence almost in song. "We'll just set you two up, er, set you near him and he'll take good care of you!", she tried her very best to give an innocent smile, but it turned rather sly..

Fire's sly smile:

kdia.png

Dunder watched as Fire came up out of nowhere, starting the diagnosis without any hesitation. Dunder could have sworn it was just a sprain, usually broken bones meant no weight on it at all. But, Fire and Swift seemed to be doing their thing. That's when he noticed he was zoning out, especially on her hindlegs. Her hind legs looked unusually muscular, he didn't know if it was just genetics or if her hindlegs were just strong. THEN he realized that he was zoning out staring at a Mare's leg, making his wings puff up just a bit and his face flush as he looked away, sitting down.

He was just looking up and down and side to side, knowing that him crowding the mare too would be counter productive. What caught his attention was the mentioning of Muggo' and Swift. What really caught his attention was the mentioning of both of them as handsome stallions. He folded his ears flat on his head and looked to the ground, rubbing his right leg with his left hoof. The stallion eventually looked up and cleared his throat, "And I'm Dunder Blust." He said to the mare, giving a wave and a small smile to her.

"...Oh. Right! Well, I don't have any other ideas...sorry..!" Despite his cover's smiley attitude, Figment nearly found himself leering through his disguise at the firey-looking unicorn. So many rude ponies in this group! It figured he wouldn't get stranded with any of the one's who had liked Honey Smiles so much. Or, maybe some of them were just snapping under the direness of the situation. It was irritating, either way. If they been in his position, he knew every one of them would have just given up and started sobbing uncontrollably. Figment would never falter in such a way, though (even if it sounded appealing). No matter...he'd just stick with 'Scrollwork'. At least he wasn't unpleasant.

He did his best to appear sympathetic to the pony's plight. Not that he needed to try very hard...he was in the same boat as they were. Or, was. Whatever... "Eheh...I, er...missed the lifeboats. But, I made it out okay! And at least we found some others! Being alone would be no fun." He nodded in understanding at the mention of making a fire. Even no one saw it, a fire would be essential. He didn't enjoy being cold and waterlogged... "Ooo, I'll help!", he chimed, following after Scrollwork--and the closest thing he'd found to a potential source of food so far.

He looked up at the approaching pony and nodded in greeting, then straightened up.

"Aye, b'y," he said simply enough. He had been feeling odd. Weaker, mostly. A little less at ease than normal. And for an odd reason, he found that he lacked that certain je ne sais quoi that usually let him get a fire going, or navigate around, or even figure out where things were. Standard earth pony magic connection to the ground and all that.

"Describe... ya some kind o' writer, b'y? Alright... I feel weaker'n usual, fer one. Can't really figure out why I can't get no fire goin', either," he explained to the stallion, smacking the rocks together again. A little spark, but not enough to catch. "Sound's close to what yer feelin'? An' I hope this island ain't tearing me strength out, s'all I got left," he said with a laugh. Muggo' looked over at Quillhart and nodded, extending a hoof. "Don't think I got yer name."

Quillhart nodded at Muggo with a smile. "Yeah, something like that." He hid his worries behind the smile. The stallion knew he was lying right up in his companion's face but he somehow couldn't help but keeping the truth away. Quilly knew he was doing the wrong thing, he somehow knew there would be a time when it would be obvious that his mind was different and the truth was revealed. Maybe he hoped the time would never come or maybe he just wished to have some time before he was ready to let his friend see him as a mental wreck. The stallion used to be so clever and quick with his tongue that the thought was somewhat terrifying. Quietly Quill accepted the fact to himself: he was going mad.

Quillhart was in deep thoughts and didn't take any notice of Muggo's question before he had a hoof reached to him. He quickly added a wide smile on his lips again and grabbed his hoof. Quilly paused for a moment to catch up with what was going on and to get his head together before he answered. "Quillhart. Or Quilly for my friends. We met once in your bar." He scratched his head to give himself time to think. "I think we did at least."

Noises on the beach made him look away from Muggo and off to the source of the sounds. It was Firewalker who was walking along with another survivor; a mare with a golden tan coat, white mane and bright blue eyes. Wait... a mare with a golden tan coat...? White mane?! BRIGHT BLUE EYES?! Quillhart completely forgot about Muggo and he laid his full attention on the mare next to firewalker. "PRESSY?!" He shouted out loudly of pure surprise when he realized that it actually was her. It was the mare he had met on the gala and which had always been in the corner of his mind ever since. The second thing he discovered was how she seemed to limp and with that was every thought of keeping a conversation with Muggo gone.

Quilly immediately dropped everything on his mind and trotted over to Presteza as fast as his weak legs could carry. "Oh dear celestia, Pressy, you're hurt! What have you brutes done to her!" He suddenly accused the group of ponies around them. Without waiting for a response he pushed away Firewalker with the small amount of power he could attain. Quilly began to circle around her in a search for injuries as she bombarded Presteza with questions. "Where you on the boat as well? Why didn't I see you?! Do you feel any pain elsewhere than your leg? How many hoofs am I holding up? Do you feel dizzy? Do you need any water? Are you feeling like your power have significantly decreased ?" The stallion suddenly stopped in front of her and cleared his throat as his mind slightly got clearer and he realized how he was going on. "How have you been, Pressy...?" He shyly asked with a slight blush on his face.

Scrollwork looked in the direction that the white unicorn indicated and headed over to Muggo, noticing that Honey Smiles had followed him. He gave another cheery smile to the pegasus as he approached Muggo to drop off the wood and materials for twine or kindling. Muggo was chatting to another earth pony and was describing general weakness and an inability to perform tasks, hinting without saying a possible similarity to the loss of magic that he and the other ponies were suffering. As frightening as it was though, he could not help but feel a little comforted by this revelation, as at least they were all in the same boat.

He watched the earth pony work for a while, caught halfway between offering to construct a fire-bow or attempt another fire through friction when the small group from further down the beach approached. There was an additional unicorn mare with them and she was limping slightly. The other earth pony, who called himself Quillhart, trotted over to her and started bombarding her with questions, obviously concerned. With so many military types together Scrollwork decided that this new mare would be fine and he would probably just get in the way by sticking his hoof in.

Having decided, Scrollwork headed back over to Honey Smiles and Pyro Blaze with a view to helping with construction of the sign.

"Moto said it would hurt a 'little'. Sorry to disappoint you Miss but thats an understatement, especially if you just woke up." swordstallion said bluntly before picking a piece of wood. Swift proceeded to clear it from the sand with his fetlocks, before passing it too golden-tan mare. "Bite on this. It will help, trust me. Moto you know how to hold her."

Squall waited half a minute, giving Pretenza time to place a wood in her mouth before he started to sloooowly and carefully stretching her leg. After this simple treatment was done he muttered. "It would be much easier if our magic was available. We have to work without this luxury through."

The mare grimaced a bit at the thought of the coming pain, as she was hoofed a piece of wood. As the stranger placed the piece of driftwood in he r mouth she nodded and as she felt her leg being straightened out she let out a slight whine as her leg was being set. Swift was right about it hurting "a little" being an understatement, biting down as hard as she could she left a fine imprint of her teeth in the damp piece of lumber.

"Ughh... by the princesses that 'urt..." the mare groaned before sighing and putting on a smile,"Thanks though .... and uh wot was that abou' not having any magic?"

"...this. And since you much closer to her size Moto, you will help Lady...Errr?" Swift Squall realized that he set up a mare's leg without even knowing her name.

"The name's Presteza! It's nice ta meet ya guys... but the 'lady' Isn't necessary. If ya want you can call me pressy fer short." The golden tan mare smiled a bit at Fire Walker as she was kind enough to retrieve her scarf. The bright blue accessory was wet and coated in many flecks and grains of sand, still the mares smile at having it back was genuinely exuberant. WIth a few elegent movements she wrapped it around her neck and smiled,"Ah... I feel like myself again!" Looking into her bag she had a slightly bittersweet smile, most of, if not all of her art supplies were gone, presumably washed away by the tide. On the bright side one brush was still inside the bag; her favorite brush, the brush she'd painted her first painting with... and also the only thing she felt genuinely comfortable using magic with.

The red pegasus seemed like a truly kind face... if a bit mischievous and sly, although Presteza was hardly one that should judge somepony in that category. The mare smiled as she was introduced to the small party.

"And I'm Dunder Blust."

"Nice ta meet ya Mister Dunder!"

As the party approached the small camp, Pressy couldn't help but notice a familiar looking stallion galloping towards them. Was that who she thought it was ? It was Quillhart, a stallion she had befriended at the Grand galloping Gala! She opened her mouth to give him a greeting but she was surprised by the sudden outburst from the young writer.

"Oh dear celestia, Pressy, you're hurt! What have you brutes done to her!" Without waiting for a response he pushed away Firewalker with the small amount of power he could attain. Quilly began to circle around her in a search for injuries as she bombarded Presteza with questions. "Where you on the boat as well? Why didn't I see you?! Do you feel any pain elsewhere than your leg? How many hoofs am I holding up? Do you feel dizzy? Do you need any water? Are you feeling like your power have significantly decreased ?" The stallion suddenly stopped in front of her and cleared his throat as his mind slightly got clearer and he realized how he was going on. "How have you been, Pressy...?" He shyly asked with a slight blush on his face.

The mare was taken aback by the sudden bombardment of questions, her smile was already starting to fade especially after the first question. Quill and anypony else coud hear the hint of irritation in her voice,"L-look, Quill these ponies didn't do anything ta me so don' call them bru--" she was cut off as she lost her balance with the pegasus who was helping her stand being pushed aside and replaced by the earth pony. This action let her reflexively put her hoof down and put her weight on it which made her wince sharply in pain before pulling it back up. She sighed and looked to Fire, "Thanks, Fire I'll remember ta talk to you... to be honest I think I'm gonna need somepony ta talk too soon..." she said as she tried to keep up with Quill's questions.

"ugh... okay I'll try and answer those in order. I was on the boat. I was in my cabin most o' the trip because o'... seasickness. My nose cause o' a problem a crab had with me. One. No. I am a little thirsty... and... hold on what?" she said arching her brow at the second to last question. The mare thought a moment, she hadn't really kept tab on her magical power before since she barely used it unless she was in predicament but now that she thought about it... she did feel somewhat drained in a way she couldn't quite explain. When the earth stallion asked his final question he did seem more like the pony she met at the gala.

"Well... I've been better... but I'm sure I'll be great once all o' us are outta here."

Quillhart nodded at Muggo with a smile. "Yeah, something like that." He hid his worries behind the smile. The stallion knew he was lying right up in his companion's face but he somehow couldn't help but keeping the truth away. Quilly knew he was doing the wrong thing, he somehow knew there would be a time when it would be obvious that his mind was different and the truth was revealed. Maybe he hoped the time would never come or maybe he just wished to have some time before he was ready to let his friend see him as a mental wreck. The stallion used to be so clever and quick with his tongue that the thought was somewhat terrifying. Quietly Quill accepted the fact to himself: he was going mad.

Quillhart was in deep thoughts and didn't take any notice of Muggo's question before he had a hoof reached to him. He quickly added a wide smile on his lips again and grabbed his hoof. Quilly paused for a moment to catch up with what was going on and to get his head together before he answered. "Quillhart. Or Quilly for my friends. We met once in your bar." He scratched his head to give himself time to think. "I think we did at least."

Muggo' Ale nodded and shook the odd stallion's hoof. "Muggo' Ale," he introduced himself as. "An' aye, I think ya did wander in once." He looked back at the fire he was attempting to construct, then back to Quillhart. Before he could even say anything else, the odd stallion had run off to meet up with the other group. Shrugging, he returned to his work.

Scrollwork looked in the direction that the white unicorn indicated and headed over to Muggo, noticing that Honey Smiles had followed him. He gave another cheery smile to the pegasus as he approached Muggo to drop off the wood and materials for twine or kindling. Muggo was chatting to another earth pony and was describing general weakness and an inability to perform tasks, hinting without saying a possible similarity to the loss of magic that he and the other ponies were suffering. As frightening as it was though, he could not help but feel a little comforted by this revelation, as at least they were all in the same boat.

He watched the earth pony work for a while, caught halfway between offering to construct a fire-bow or attempt another fire through friction when the small group from further down the beach approached.

He thanked Scrollwork for the rocks, but he too ended up wandering off. "Thanks, b'y," he called out as Scrollwork left before finally turning to his fire again. He quickly whipped up a fire bow and got to work. It was slow going, and friction was unreliable, but soon enough he'd heated up a bit of kindling to the point where it caught fire, and suddenly their little pile of sticks and wood was on fire! Somewhat, anyway, just a little tiny bit, but it was fire! He stood up and tipped his hat back to wipe some sweat off his brow, then looked around. Muggo' Ale approached the rest of the group, setting his newsboy cap back straight on his head. "Well, I gots a fire goin' at least. So we got warmth, we can grill veggies, an' we can make smoke signals." He seemed rather proud of his accomplishment, though he seemed a little winded from the effort. Odd. One would think an earth pony of all ponies could easily make a fire. "Now, Dunder, b'y. Ya brought the marshmallows I hope?"

"Thanks....for help....Blusty..." Squall gave a sarcastic remark between quick breaths . Because his pegasus buddy spaced out, Swift was forced to drag the heavy crated back to the bonfire all by himself. Dunder always was like that, stunned by every pretty mare they would met. To bad that his winged friend had horrible luck when it came to working relationships.

Swordstallion released the lug that he was holding with his mouth and half of he crate fell down on the sand with a loud 'THUD'.

"This better be worth it..." he muttered while picking another knife to pry open the box with it. But before he could do that...

Quilly immediately dropped everything on his mind and trotted over to Presteza as fast as his weak legs could carry. "Oh dear celestia, Pressy, you're hurt! What have you brutes done to her!" He suddenly accused the group of ponies around them. Without waiting for a response he pushed away Fire Walker with the small amount of power he could attain.

Now it was Squall turn to drop what he was thinking. While Quillhart was one of the few that he counted among his friends, such behavior wasn't justified by anything.

"Don't jump to assumptions." he said coldly before coming even closer. He pushed the writer with his chest and stared at him. Not only Squall was older. He was also taller and much more muscular.

"And .Don't. Push. Fire. Like. That. Again." he punctuated each word for emphasis while glaring through Earth Pony glasses. Swift was very intimidating when he wanted to be. That said, he couldn't be angry on one of his friends for too long.

"That's said, the lack of our magic which this place forces on us it's taking it's toll. And unconsciousness after the storm wasn't refreshing for anypony either. It's making us act unreasonably. We should find water and some food and then take rest before we do something stupid." noblepony said.

With this conclusion he returned to the crate. Using one knife and the mouth wasn't enough. Squall pulled another knife into the chink and the combination of hoof pressure and his weigh finally made the lid jump away. And inside was....

"Well...at least we have food part covered." unicorn said pulling out tin of canned vegatables.

Fire was also behaving unusual. No, not in the worrisome way. It was just...oh... Now that Squall saw her sly smile and her eyes jumping from Pretenza to Muggo Swift understood. His sly winged fox...

"Don't pair anypony forcibly Moto. Such thing would bloom on it's own....if the ground will be fertile that is." [/color[ he whispered to her ear before nibbling it playfuly. He then returned his attention to Dunder.

"Think you can work with this, Wizard of the Culinary?" he asked his friend. Unlike Squall, who couldn't be trusted with preparing ANYTHING that required pot and the fire, Dunder was an amazing cook. Right now the gray pegasus had about a dozen kinds of canned vegetables on his disposal and a bonfire to cook them on, but no fry pan or pot to cook it with, no spices and only as much water as cans contained.

"Uhhh....we certainly can't cook this in the tins. Right?" swordstallion asked. ".....I look for the pan or something." unicorn declared and took of in search of appropriate piece of kitchenware. If strom could wash up crate full of food, then a pot or cauldron could be laying on the shore as well.

"He's also really handsome. Sort of a cross between Prince Blueblood and Captain Shining Armor but with a...", she stopped as Quillhart barreled into her. "Guess you two know each other?". Her heart dropped a little as her 'clever scheme' to get one her very bestest buddies to get a proper mare-friend seemed to have hit an roadblock. It was Quillhart, a stallion she had known for a bit and who she always managed to run into during events. The pony was from Stalliongrade but lacked the heavy accent many ponies and griffons spoke with. She found him to be somewhat charming and downright adorkable. Apparently Quill and the mare had only met once, so Muggo still had a chance with this gal. "Don't worry Sir Squall, he obviously didn't mean to hurt me. We're old friends. He was just worried about his friend here.", she couldn't help but stress 'friend'.

"Oh yeah! We'll talk!", she curled up her eyes and smile ever so gleefully at the mare, "Speaking of talking, I need to figure out what's going on with these other guys. Ta-Ta!", she promptly made her way towards the one pony she was curious about. The honey coated pegasus pony who she wasn't sure if she got his name or not. But this would change very soon. "Hello there!", she smiled at 'Honey Smiles', "I'm sorry we haven't spoken yet, but I did notice you were limping earlier ago and I didn't get a chance to check up on you.", she studied the 'pony' for a moment, "Your legs look alright.", she walked around to check him out from behind, "Yep. With the exceptions of a few bumps and bruises you appear to be sound. Which is good, cause we need every-pony to be in tip top shape if we..er..", she glanced down at one of his legs. She could have sworn there was a rather nasty, bloodless hole in it just for a second, but now it was gone. "Ho-Boy. This island is already taking its toll on me", she muttered before adding, "Let's all stay as a big group. We need to plan things. Assign responsibilities. We can't be all over the place."

(Room for nasty bug-pony to respond)

She made her way back to the Swift and the others just in time to catch what the stallion was saying. She pretended to be offended after listening to his whisper. "Hey, before a flower can grow, it takes a pony to pull out the seeds and place them in the...oh. This sounds horrible.", she blushed a bit before she had to clear her throat, "Oh yes! Dunder is one of the best chefs I've ever known, next to ol' Sergeant Greasy Spoon that is..", she returned to a proper conversational tone. Her smile returned as her stallion pulled out a few cans of food. "We should put that aside from now. None of us should be hungry and it would be wrong to waste food."

Once all the ponies were together, the mare spoke up. "Right. We need to plan everything. Should we break into teams? Should we send a group to explore the island? Who should set up our temporary shelter? Lets all put our heads together and come up with something before it's too late."

Even though he was considering tagging behind the 'Scrollwork' pony, Figment was a bit wary of simply following him around like some strange, lost puppy or something...so remained in place while he went off to chat or whatnot, for now. Though, he didn't exactly want to be left with the abrasive fiery pony, either... Before he could decide on anything though, the very red pegasus from earlier approached and greeted him. It was the one the first rude pony seemed to be making googoo eyes at. Maybe, he thought, if she liked him, he would stop being so suspicious. At least she seemed friendly.

"Hello!", he responded cheerfully, even though his mood quickly took a dive underneath his expression. She was going to...look at him. It was unavoidable, really. His limping would attract attention, but if he didn't...he'd be seemingly bandaged up for no reason. "Uhm, I'm okay, really..!", he assured her, despite the fact she was already looking him over. She didn't seem suspicious of anything, though, at least... He smiled, nodding at her assessment, pleased that she wouldn't trouble him any longer. However, it seemed like he'd relaxed too soon. He tensed up as she caught sight if a visible blemish in his disguise. Even though his magic showed no signs of functioning, he still desperately attempted to fix it. Mercifully, it vanished on its own, and even more so, she disregarded it shortly after.

Figment managed to quickly calm his shaken mind down. He'd just gotten some dumb luck, and didn't want to waste it by acting suspicious. "Uh-huh, I thought so..! I...think I'll just keep the bandages on, though. You know. So I don't get cut or scraped any more..!", he responded, rationalizing it to her as much as to himself. Getting off of the subject as fast as possible, he nodded in agreement with her last statement. "I'm good at helping out! But...I haven't tried without my wings in a long time..." He made a mock-ponderous gesture, placing a hoof to his chin for a brief moment. "I'll try my best, either way..!"

Scrollwork gave a friendly wave of the hoof to Muggo as he offered his thanks before returning to the white unicorn filling out the letters on the beach. The lettering was coming along nicely and he was sure it was of sufficient size and colour that it could be seen from the air. As he began helping with the layout he could not stop wondering how they would be seen from the sea, perhaps it was a natural thought being earthbound as he was...

As that thought played in his head he looked up to tree-line, thinking that perhaps some greenery on the fire would make smoke, provided they kept the fire of sufficient size of course. His thoughts were distracted as he noticed Fire Walker examining Honey Smiles. The red pegasus seemed satisfied that her fellow pegasus was well, although she did seem to spend extra time on one of his back legs.

Scrollwork realised that he was actually wandering toward the pair again as he trod several of the smaller rocks into the sand. Shaking his head and glancing around to check if anypony had noticed he bought them to the surface again, re-laying them into the correct shape. Just in time it seemed as Fire Walker called the group together, speaking as they gathered.

"Right. We need to plan everything. Should we break into teams? Should we send a group to explore the island? Who should set up our temporary shelter? Lets all put our heads together and come up with something before it's too late."

Archived