Hello, I am new!

MissMane

You''ll find a lot of that here, MissMane. If you need any help, don't be afraid to ask anyone, we're all willing to help each other out. There are lot's of fun things to do here. Also I'm glad someone else has fondness of Trixie.

By the way, Welcome to Canterlot! ;)

Welcome to the website, MissMane!

If you’re interested in roleplaying on Canterlot, here's a little information for you:

First of all, we have three RP settings, as follows:

WoE is geared to be completely canon. An approved application is required, and you can find the form and some great guidelines and suggestions for completing it here. Cast characters are available for RP in WoE, and your OCs can only be canon species seen in FiM so far. You can find the cast list & rules here, and the species list here. Since WoE is meant to be just like the show, we suggest that you not app anything for your character that you would not see in the show. This doesn’t mean your character has to be boring, not by any means! But anything too dark is not allowed. We also suggest that you keep an eye on the Codexia, which can be found here.

CC is similar to WoE in that approved applications are also required, but any WoE-accepted characters, as long as they aren’t be changed, can be played in CC without needing a new application. The application can be found here. In CC, we do allow some things that don’t fit into WoE. Non-canon species that still make sense in the setting are allowed. Changelings and batponies are available, too! Alicorns will be available as soon as we’ve hammered out definite limitations on them. Cast aren’t available yet, but Rosie and Dio are working hard to set up a system for them in CC. The cast and species lists can be found here. As with WoE, we have a CC-exclusive Codexia that can be found here. Finally, for a better look at the guidelines that set CC apart from WoE, the rules can be found here.

FFA is distinct from WoE and CC in that you don't need an application. You can start a thread right now! It can involve any character, location, or story, as long as ponies are included in some way and the threads don’t surpass PG-13 in rating: no excessive gore, and nothing explicitly sexual can be included. You can, however, cross MLP over with anything you want! Do you have a Doctor Whooves adventure setting you want to play around in? Go for it! Want to play as Twilight Sparkle, but you don’t have her for WoE? Feel free! Itching desire to play in the Equestria Girls universe? FFA is the place for it. Go wild!

It’s entirely up to you which roleplay setting you decide to jump into, and if you need some help, feel free to ask! The RP Staff is here to ensure that you and everyone else enjoy Canterlot’s roleplaying community. If you want any assistance in creating your first RP character for CC or WoE, I’d be glad to help you, and once your first character is accepted into CC or WoE, I’d be just as glad to help you find a thread to join that will help you play your character to her full potential!

If you have any further questions feel free to send me or one of the other Roleplay Helpers a PM to ask whatever you need to know. You can find a list of all of us in the WoE Codexia!

Happy RPing!