Hidden Moonlit Paradise (OPEN)

Mellorious

Jade had looked forward to this trip for months; She had often wondered if she'd have enough money to attend at long last. And as planned, this visit would start with a trip to the garden, where the beautiful blooms of night awaited! She could hardly wait as she made her way to the garden gates. She walked in slowly, enjoying the cool night air and biding her time. She couldn't see any of the flowers quite yet, but she could smell them- the scent night blooming jasmine was heavy in the air.

A smile came to her lips. Night blooming jasmine was supposed to be toxic, but smelled beautiful. Keeping a slow pace to take everything in was difficult. All these exotic and beautiful flora to find, and some of them - if not most - she'd only seen in books! She came to a small pond, finding a few night-blooming water lilies. Glorious star shapes in vibrant pinks. She decided to stop in this portion of the garden to see what she could find, and maybe even learn a bit about said findings.

SilverStar.PNGSherrif Silverstar

lgcFVs.jpgLouise LaMare

Approaching the Gardens are a familiar pony couple from Appleoosa, Louise LaMare, the famous Pioneer Pony novelist Pegasus mare and her date, Sheriff Silverstar.

"Oh Sheriff, isn't this garden lovely?"

"Absoltively Miss LeMare. I'm kinda glad ya talked me inta comin' with ya to this here big shindig!"

"The Grand Galloping Gala is more than just a mere 'shindig,' it's THE premier social event of the season in Canterlot!"

"Well, all the same I perfer callin' square dances back home in Appleoosa to all this here fancy stuff."

"Oh look! There's a pony over there by that pond! Let's mingle!"

"Reckon we should whilest we're here," the mustached lawpony said as the two approached Jade.

"Hello there! I'm Louise LaMare and this is my very special somepony Sheriff Silverstar! Pleasure to meet you!"

It had been a long journey by train from the Crystal Empire to Canterlot, one that Heart Healer was still trying to recover from the train lag, if there was such a thing the young mare wondered. Thankfully she managed to find a nearby inn to accommodate staying over a few nights to recuperate and see the sights of the city before making the long trip home. She had planned to visit as much as she could of the Gala, but first she needed some time to relax and what better place than the beautiful gardens.

"Not a crystal berry to be found," she mused looking at the flowers. In fact it was her that stuck out in the garden as so far the only Crystal Pony in attendance among the flora. She then saw a group of ponies who were gathered over by the one section and decided to meet them.

"Ok Heart, just go up to them and greet them. No trying to psychoanalyze them."

She then walked up to the group and gathering her courage said, "Hello. Um... nice garden we're in with its trees and flowers and fountains."

She was started out of her thoughts of water lilies by a couple, an Earth stallion and a Pegasus mare. Brushing some of her green and teal mane from in front of her mane and greeting, "O-oh, I'm Jade Blossom, an herbalist from Hoofington." She said. smiling up at the two. "Sorry, you startled me. It seems almost everypony is more interested in the action inside."

Just then another mare approached, a crystal pony. "Hello!" Jade said. It was quite a gathering here, but it was in a garden. Ah, yes, the garden. "I'm here looking at the plants... Oh, I wish I could take a few samples without seeming rude to the royals!"

"I don't think they'd mind, Jade, as long as you took only a few," Louise said as the Sheriff took a long look at Heart Healer.

"Whoa thar miss!" the mustached lawpony said with a note of concern in his voice. "Y'all must be famished! If'n ya don't mind my sayin' so, ma'am, you're so underfed I kin see right through ya! We best be gitt'n ya some grub fast before ya waste plumb away!"

"SHERIFF!" Louise LaMare shouted as she moved in between them. "This pony's not undernourished. This is a CRYSTAL pony and she's supposed to look like this!!"

"Crystal Pony? Ain't seen none of them before."

"I'm NOT surprised," the brown Pegasus mare snorted at her date before turning to Heart Healer. "Please accept my apologies for my boyfriend. We come from Appleoosa and the Sheriff obviously hasn't heard of the return of the Crystal Empire. If you have a moment sometime, I'd love to hear all about what it's like in the Crystal Empire. I'm a novelist so I have a natural curiousity."

"Don't that thar beat all!" the Sheriff said with a smile, "See-through ponies! What will they be makin' next?"

"You collect plants for medicine I assume," Heart Healer said, "I take it that's your talent. I would be careful not to pick any flowers or plants that are endangered though. You might be interested in this though. Not sure if they'll work, but they are yummy."

The pony then pulled out of her pocket in her dress a purple crystal berry and showed it to the pony. As she did so a pony spoke of how she looked hungry.

"Well you've seen one now," Heart Healer said. Granted she knew that possibly many ponies had seen Crystal Ponies before.

"That's ok, I haven't seen many non-Crystal ponies, nor have I've been to Appleoosa. But if you would like to speak with me Miss about being a Crystal Pony then I don't see why not."

"Well," Jade smiled at the crystal pony, "I'd never dream of trying to take samples from a plant that hard to find. They're needs to be more of them growing in the ground then in hair and body care products!" She giggled, "Which, while I do make some good medicines and herbal remedies, I specialize in coat and mane care, and lotions, too!"

Turning to Louise with a sigh she said, "I'm honestly unsure of the regulations on it..." Before realizing something and turning her head back to the crystal pony, "I nearly forgot! You never introduced yourself. I'm Jade Blossom, as I've said. And you, miss?" She skated over the fact that this mare was a crystal pony simply for the fact it didn't really matter much to her. She'd met ponies of all shapes and sizes, and a glittery see-through pony was interesting, sure... But it really depended on the heart of the pony to Jade.

"Thank you, miss, I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch your name," Louise LaMare said to Heart Healer. "Someday, I hope to write a novel based in the Crystal Empire. I would be fascinated with any information you could give me on the everyday life of a Crystal Pony."

"If'n ya don't mind my askin', miss," Sheriff Silverstar timidly said, "if yur a Crystal Pony, ain't ya scared of fallin' over and breakin' inta little pieces? I was helpin' Miss LaMare here move some furniture in her house oncest, and I accidentally knocked over a crystal vase and that thar thing busted up all over the place. Louise got so mad at me, she nearly bent a fryin' pan over mah head!"

"Hush now!" the brown Pegasus mare said, looking very embarrassed at her boyfriend's words.

"Miss Jade," the mustached lawpony said as he turned his head towards her. "So yur inta herbal remedies and beauty products? Well, Miss LaMare here said she could really use some of those. That one day a while back when I came ta visit her, she wouldn't let me in the house and shouted out somethin' about not havin' her 'mornin' face' on yet. Maybe y'all could help her with that!"

Now Louise was furious with the Sheriff, but tried her best not to look upset. She wanted to take him aside and tell him to stop with the embarrassing stories, but there was no time for that now.

Jade held back her humored feelings at the Sheriff's story, and instead smiled sweetly. "I'd love to discuss it with you if you would truly be interested, Ms. LaMare." Then with a giggle added, in a slightly hushed tone to her, "Give him a break, hun. He seems well-intentioned. A keeper, perhaps? How long have you two known one another?" She considered giving her a recipe for sweet, super-sticky beeswax chewing gum, which she added herbs to for teeth and gum care to gum up his mouth at moments like this, ("Hey sweetie, why not take some gum"), but figured it would come off as more rude then helpful.

Jade's question instantly caused Lousie LaMare to blush.

"Well, I first met the Sheriff about a year ago," the Pegasus mare confessed, "it was love at first sight for me, but it took a while for that hard headed cowpony to get the message."

"What'd ya say, Miss LaMare?" the Sheriff asked. "Powerful surry bout that, I wasn't payin' attention."

"Nothing dear," Louise said as she moved closer to Jade and lowered her voice. "I hope to marry the big lug someday, but I have to admit, sometimes he says and does things that embarrass me. Guess I'll just have to put up with it, because I do love him."

"Thank you, miss, I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch your name," Louise LaMare said to Heart Healer. "Someday, I hope to write a novel based in the Crystal Empire. I would be fascinated with any information you could give me on the everyday life of a Crystal Pony."

"I am Heart Healer. Well I can try to give you as much as I can, but I'm not sure how different life in the Crystal Empire is compared to here or where you are from. I mean, we are both ponies."

Before she could continue, Sheriff Silver Star asked a question about the Crystal Pony mare breaking.

"I suppose if I fell from the top of the Crystal Palace or off a roof, I'd break something, but that seems like something anypony would have happen. But that is something I'm not prepared to try as i like myself intact. But although we may look like we are made of crystal, we aren't actually made of stone or glass like that unfortunate vase of yours was. In any case are you ready to hear about the Crystal Empire now Miss La Mare?"

((Would it be alright if I join?)) Monochrome had looked forward to this event, but not really for dancing. Monochrome found herself to be a terrible dancer, actually. However, she had still dressed for the occasion, draped in a flowing dress of many hues splattered across it like the paint on her hooves, and a large, decorative feather tucked behind her ear. Monochrome felt drawn to the garden soon after she arrived, all of the exotic sounds and scents calling to her through the beautiful evening. Now she sat with her sketchbook by a bed of colorful plants of many species, sketching each one. Suddenly, she heard ponies. She knew some chose to visit the garden, but it seemed odd to her all the same for some reason. She stood up, brushing some dirt out of her silver coat, and walked slowly along, searching for the other ponies in the garden. She tripped over the root of a large tree as she moved on, and landed right on top of one! "Oh, sorry!" Monochrome apologized, fluttering upwards and landing beside the pony she had landed on. With a sheepish smile, she offered a hoof to help the other pony up.

((OOC:Mind if I join in too?... and was the one you fell on to?=P))

It happened suddenly for the Mare. All she saw was a shadow looming over her for a split second before she felt the weight of another pony on top of her. Presteza had come to the party simply to spend some time with her family and try and mingle with some of her family's friends. It wasn't going as well as she hoped, conversations ended awkwardly, some of the names of fancy foodstuffs and highbrow terms went way over her head. Having grown weary of the traits of the upperclass lifestyle she'd grown up with and learned to hate she went out for some fresh to clear her head.

"Wot in equestria made ya go and tackle me?!" she asked in a mix of shock and annoyance as she took the hoof the pegasus offered. Honestly she was likely a bit at fault here too, having caught herself inspecting her reflection in a puddle by the root of the tree, just sitting there staring in awe of how little she felt she looked like herself.

(ooc); Works for me, folks!

Suddenly, the serene, quietness of the garden was disrupted as Monochrome collided with another pony that had just arrived.

"Jumpin' Gee-hoss-a-phat!" Sheriff Silverstar neighed as he galloped over to the pair of toppled ponies. "Are y'all all right?"

"Excuse us," Louise LaMare said to the others before flying off to join the Sheriff. "Oh my! Do either of you need medical attention? I could fly into the castle and seek out a doctor or nurse."

"Reckon even at this here fancy shindig, there's gonna be accidents. Anywoo, I'm Sheriff Silverstar of Appleoosa, and this here's Louise LaMare, we came to the Gala together. Who are you two ponies?"

The unicorn shook her head, coughing as she dusted herself off and got to her hooves once again,"N-no I'm fine... jus' kinda shook up is all..." she said to Miss LaMare. Once her eyes fell upon the Stallion with the mustache she realized she'd seen him before... maybe not met, but seen, having witnessed him apprehend some rowdy stallions in town. Hearing him speak his name she remembered just where," Sheriff Silverstar, I haven' seen yer face in since I visited Appleoosa, I didn't know you had a wife!" She said in surprise, her normal trottingham accent.

Taking a moment to talk with somepony she didn't mind dropping her facade of nobility, she realized she rather rudely ignored the pegasus who had bumped into her and took not in her mind to go back over and apologize for yelling at her once the sheriff and Miss LaMare replied.

Monochrome stretched her wings and looked at the other ponies. "I'm fine too, thanks... Believe me, I've had a lot worse- I'm terribly clumsy." she said with a chuckle. "My name's Monochrome. Nice to meet you all." she added. She gazed around, seeming to be searching for something. "Now, where'd he go?" she mumbled to her self, staring up into the canopy of leaves above them. There was a brief rustling nearby, and a large black bird with what appeared to be a red bowtie around its neck suddenly flew through the foliage, landing on Monochrome's head. "Ivan! There you are." Monochrome laughed. She noticed the odd glances she was getting and realized that this probably needed some explaining. "This is my raven, Ivan... He followed me from home." she explained. "Hello!" the bird croaked, leaning down to preen his shiny black feathers.

Archived