Royal Hunger Pains (Open: Dance Hall)

SteelEagle

Things were moving along in this room faster than Mr. Waddle could keep up! He and Pigpen managed to get out of the way of the falling ice scupture to avoid being harmed by it.

"Oh my!" the elderly Earth pony shouted. "That was quite exciting! No pony can say that this Grand Galloping Gala was boring."

"That's true, pal," added Pigpen, "I'm just glad that ice didn't melt and turn to water. I have a strong dislike for water."

"You don't say," Mr Waddle neighed, rolling his eyes.

"It's just an honor to be in here with so many famous heroes of Equestria! Just look at them! AppleJack! Rainbow Dash! Fluttershy! Pinkie Pie! Rarity and of course, two of the Princesses! I need to capture this moment on film!"

Producing a large camera from out of his shaggy coat, Pigpen began photographing as many of the ponies he had just mentioned as he could. Mr. Waddle had to turn his head away from all of the brilliant flashes of light his flash powder was making in order to take all of the pictures inside the room. Hopefully, his aim and focus would be steady enough to create stunning photographs he could show off to all his friends, well, those friends who would ever visit with him.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Oh thank you," Sweet said hugging the lavender Alicorn, "You saved me from a very cold and painful accident! And you Princess Celestia made sure that it wouldn't fall again. How can I ever repay you two?"

"You are quite welcome, but I'm not sure I'm as deserving of your thanks as Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle are." Celestia looked at Sweet Surprise and let out a light chuckle when the pony mentioned 'repayment.' "You need not repay me. I'm just glad you are unharmed." Celestia said with a smile. Celestia knew she didn't play a large part in helping, merely repairing the leg of the damaged ice sculpture. Even if that wasn't the case, Celestia could never accept payment for doing what she saw as her duty, that is to serve and protect her subjects.

Once Celestia finished with fixing the ice sculpture, Morianna standing behind the tall alicorn broke her silence with a warmthless voice; “Ah, Princess Celestia. It warms my heart witnessing your successful efforts in managing this wonderful Gala. You… do know who I am, do you not? Or shall I need to introduce myself to you?” Surely Celestia would know a high-ranking and well-known member of one of Aquellia’s three ruling families when she saw one, right.....?

Celestia had never met any griffon of the illustrious Razorclaw family, but she knew of them. She especially knew of the griffon who stood before her. Professor Razorclaw, whom taught about government and often spoke poorly of how Equestria was run. Celestia never really paid it any mind. A thousand years of peace and prosperity was nothing to scoff at and she knew what she had achieved along with all those who helped make Equestria great. Still, one of her greatest critics stood before her.

"I'm pleased to hear that you are enjoying this year's Grand Galloping Gala." Celestia began. "You must be the illustrious Professor Moriana Razorclaw of Aquellia Academy and daughter of the powerful and influential Razorclaw family." Celestia said with a warm air of dignity and respect, knowing full well her reputation. "It is my honour to formally meet such a well renowned professor of Aquellia and a representative of her family." Celestia knew that she wasn't the official representative, but also was aware that she took it upon herself to act as such, and it would be disrespectful to not acknowledge that. "I hope you can continue to enjoy yourself at the Gala." Celestia said with a graceful bow of her head, as she began to watch as her faithful subjects took to the dance floor.

It was sloppily done, but Carrot Fields managed to push the cream colored unicorn safely out of the way. It didn’t seem to matter though as Twilight Sparkle had the whole situation under control, and with the illustrious Celestia’s help, put the statue securely back in its place. All he could do is blush in embarrassment, not even sure what he was embarrassed about, perhaps that he almost messed up Fuchsia meticulously done up mane, or simply that he almost became the center of some very inadvertently humiliating attention.

At least Fuchsia was willing to dismiss the whole affair and instead talk about Fet Loch. It was good though to here that other ponies had a positive opinion of his homeland. “Och it is very a braw thaur, sae very a green, an' aw th' bonnie wild flowers….” Carrot started to wax nostalgically when Fuchsia’s question brought him right back to the present. She wanted him to dance? He wasn’t expecting any mare to ask that, but hey it was a dance floor, and besides she was pretty darn cute. Before the ruddy maned stallion could even answer though, he and Fuchsia found themselves pulled out onto the middle of the floor by an enthusiastic Rainbow Dash. Carrot wasn’t about to protest, dance with two mares? It was more than he even hoped for!

Carrot really only knew how to do one dance that wasn’t a slow dance, so he began to kick up his hooves energetically - while a capable dance, it seemed he was dancing more to his own music that had little to do with the music that was actually playing; with luck it didn’t matter.

Fuchsia Blooms watched Princess Twilight leap out to the dance floor with enthusiasm, and begin flailing wildly. "That dance style looks familiar.... I believe I saw Ms Harshwhinney doing that same move at the mares gathering I attended in Ponyville awhile ago. Huh. I wonder..."

Carrot had recovered from the shock of the falling ice sculpture and was speaking to her in his thick brogue again. “Och it is very a braw thaur, sae very a green, an' aw th' bonnie wild flowers….” This caught Fuchsia's attention. She wanted to hear more about the flora of Fet Loch, but the rowdy pegasus with the rainbow mane buzzed up to them and interrupted the conversation by dragging them both onto the dance floor. Fuchsia stopped long enough to hoist her skirts with a bit of magic, and pinned them in place with some diamond clips that had been hidden in the folds of the dress. Now the fabric was safely up and out of the way, no longer in danger of being stepped on by a clumsy dance partner.

Fuchsia listened to the music, tapping her hoof with the tempo. Not quite spicy enough for a salsa, and the wrong time signature for a waltz. Carrot was doing what she assumed was a highland dance. He was cute, but she didn't want to risk accidentally being kicked. Turning instead to Rainbow Dash, she swept the pegasus mare up in a lively two-step, giggling with delight all the while.

"I'm pleased to hear that you are enjoying this year's Grand Galloping Gala. You must be the illustrious Professor Moriana Razorclaw of Aquellia Academy and daughter of the powerful and influential Razorclaw family. It is my honour to formally meet such a well renowned professor of Aquellia and a representative of her family. I hope you can continue to enjoy yourself at the Gala."

The faintest sign of a smirk could be seen on Morianna Razorclaw’s beak as Princess Celestia indicated that she recognized her. Morianna also recognized that the white alicorn’s cordiality was in fact a polite way of brushing off the professor. The proud griffoness expected as such, especially in a public setting where Celestia was surrounded by fawning admirers needing attending to. So when the princess bowed her head, Morianna politely responded in turn, cryptically suggesting; “It’ll be my pleasure to grace this gala with my presence for some time yet, Princess Celestia. And you needn’t worry; this won’t be our last meeting…”

Taking a cue from the winged sovereign, Prof. Razorclaw set her gaze upon the now dancing ponies, especially Twilight Sparkle. The old griffon saw no need to pester the younger princess right now as she preoccupied herself with her friends. When Princess Twilight left the company of the others, then would be the best time to engage in “friendly” conversation. For now though, Morianna planned on pony watching for a couple more minutes before heading off elsewhere.....

Timid had stared in complete horror as the sculpture began to topple over after Derpy cutting the leg off to ice her drink. He breathed a sigh of relief as Dash rushed in to prop it up as Twilight encased it in magic. But this staring turned into a look of abject wonder as Celestia drew water from the bowl and made a new leg for the sculpture, restoring it to its former glory. He began to wonder what his magic would be like when he was a little older, not noticing the missed opportunity to shake Celestia's hoof.

Several ponies had begun to dance now that the danger had been averted and the older pony was photographing the scene, much like another pony he remembered on his home island would do. He shook off some jitters and entered the musical fray, keeping his eye on the griffon now disengaging Princess Celestia and attempting to engage Twilight. With an island grace he rarely showed, he moved back before Princess Celestia and raised his small hoof to her, grinning softly. "Your Highness, I didn't get to introduce myself properly, my name is Timid Star.", he said to her softly, almost overwhelmed by the whole situation.

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash smiled happily as she danced with Fuchsia, adding her own special extra steps to the dance, especially light on her hooves since she only needed flare her wings to be able to pull off dance moves a unicorn or earth pony couldn't manage. "Yeah, you go!" she laughed to Fuchsia, then turned to Carrot to grab him and spin him around once, sending him for a loop and laughing merrily before turning back to Fuchsia and getting down with her once more.

Bramble Rose

From the hallway, Bramble Rose came in, once more brushing his hooves over his suit as if to make sure it was actually there. A nice suit, well-cut to his lean form, with a black tie that seemed just slightly undone - but as if that's how it was supposed to be. And of course, his favorite part - the black pie-plate hat he had cocked to one side on top of his lustrous silver mane.

Checklist. Bubble bath taken effect: check. All that makeup washed off: check. Proper clothes from the back of Glitzen's carriage: check. Proper cutie mark: check. Found Fuchsia: check. All right. Work's done, time for fun. You've practiced this in the mirror a dozen times. You can do this.

He suavely stepped out into the room, threading through other ponies to make his way to where there was dancing, his opening lines repeating themselves in his head. Just need the right timing, she hasn't seen you yet...

He reached the dance floor. "Well, hello the-" he started, but he hadn't noticed the dance floor was slightly raised from the rest of the floor, his hoof catching and the stallion falling onto his chin with a thud. He quickly picked himself up and dusted himself off, his cheeks bright red as he tried to pretend that didn't happen. "WellHelloThereLovelyMare," he said quickly to Fuchsia, then slowed himself down a little. "I hope that this dashing pegasus doesn't mind if I steal you away for a round? The next dance is a slow dance..." He gave a grin meant to be suave, but it ended up being a bit too big and giddy for that.

Fuchsia Blooms laughed! Dancing with a pegasus was such fun! They were so light on their hooves. Dash was clearly enjoying herself, too. When she grabbed Carrot and sent him for a spin, Fuchsia caught him and in one smooth move, dropped him into a dip so low that his mane brushed the floor and anypony looking at just that moment would have gotten a free peek up his kilt. The unicorn mare kissed him lightly on the nose, giggled at his shocked expression, then sent him spinning back towards the apple mare. Who cared that mares weren't supposed to dip stallions! She was having fun!

Rainbow Dash had returned, and Fuchsia was in the middle of executing a flawless lift and spin with the blue mare, when who should come trotting up but Bramble Rose! She hadn't seen him trip, she was too busy keeping an eye on her current dance partner. "Rambling Rose, how good to see you here!" she exclaimed, looking over her shoulder at him. "I hope that this dashing pegasus doesn't mind if I steal you away for a round? The next dance is a slow dance..." Slow dance? But she was still brimming with energy! Well, at least this way she could have a conversation with him.

With a flourish, she sent Miss Dash off towards her other friends, and turned to Bramble Rose, holding up one hoof. "The next dance is all yours, darling." Taking her position, and waiting to see if he would take the lead, Fuchsia thought of something she had seen earlier. "Say, you don't happen to have a twin sister, do you? Only I saw a beautiful mare in the ballroom this evening who looked just like you."

Carrot Fields continued to dance, if one could call it that, but no pony seemed to pay his lack of dancing skill any mind. All the other ponies moves were similarly spontaneous and awkward, all except for Fuchsia Blooms, who appeared to really know what she was doing. Carrot smiled at the alluring scene as the cream colored unicorn swept up Rainbow Dash; now that was a sight! Of course it was nothing to what happened next as he found himself caught up next in her spirited dancing.

Some stallions may have found it embarrassing to have a mare lead them in such a way, especially when he was dipped, but Carrot found it thrilling! Here he was all worried that he wouldn’t ever get a chance to dance with a mare unless he somehow worked up the courage to ask, instead they seem to enjoy his company enough to approach him. He blushed as deep as his ruddy mane as the pretty unicorn gave him a kiss right on the nose, but before he could say, or do, anything, Carrot found himself propelled backwards in the sea of dancers.

Of course, as he stumbled away from Fuchsia and Dash, looking back wishfully he didn’t pay attention to whom he may literally bump into behind him, which of course with his luck, just happened to be the badly dancing princess… Carrot swung around quickly and instantly realized that he made a royal faux pas with his bumbling. “Ohhh.. och! Ah..uhh, Ah am sae sorry, Ah meant mah sincerest apologies yer royal highness, Ah mean princess Twilecht Sparkle, er Twilecht.” She just wanted him to call her that right? It felt so weird to be so informal towards royalty, especially since he almost knocked her off her hooves.

banner_applejack_zpscd51b6b0.png

Applejack flung her hooves with Twilight for a moment but then paused her own moves when she looked at the amazing creativity that Twilight was spilling all over the dance floor. "Wow. That's... uh, thats sumthin'." Applejack wasn't ever going to be critical. This no time for that. This was time for everything positive, energetic, and insane.

Applejack saw that Carrot was passed over to Twilight. Apparently the mare that asked him to dance was in a sharing mood. "Oh! It's a trading dance! Twilight, you don't mind if I have a turn with Carrot do ya?" Without Twilight even responding, Applejack grabbed Carrot's hoof and positioned themselves in and open area right in front of the stage.

"So Carrot, you got some moves? Show me what you got!" Applejack was expecting some more power music to continue. She was ready for most all types of songs. She wondered if it would be a square dance, or a polka. She positioned herself in front of Carrot and smiled at him.

And then the next song started.

Applejack blushed slightly. "Oh, um. Whoops." Applejack put her left front hoof on Carrot's shoulder and rested her head on his neck. "Is this right? Am I doin' it right?" Applejack had only short training on what to do in a short situation like this. And she wasn't really all that formal to begin with. But she's seen it enough times at weddings to get an idea.

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Rainbow Dash

Dash was grooving for a few more moments before she realized the mare she'd been dancing with was suddenly ... not there! She'd been snagged by some wussy lil' unicorn! Oh, fine ... she'd just dance with Carrot, then - Wait a minute!

What was ... how'd she just get both her dance partners stolen from her!? And as the slow dance music started, she bristled, just a little. She's the one who'd asked Carrot to the Gala! Dash couldn't be alone on the dance floor during a slow dance! That wasn't cool! And she could dance *way* better than AJ was!

She reached out and grabbed the nearest pony, drawing them in close and taking the lead for a romantic slow dance, drawing them into her embrace, pressing her cheek to theirs, and starting a nice, easy sway to show AJ how to do it right ... Wait, who had she grabbed? Suddenly a red flush spread across her face. "Um. Hi, Rarity! You don't mind, uh ... I mean, want to? ... doesn't mean anything..." she murmured quietly, her voice dropping off towards the end in an embarrassed manner.

Bramble Rose

Bramble bristled just slightly at her mention of his old teasing nickname, just from habit, but reminded himself that she meant it fondly, not spitefully ... he gave a bashful little grin as he took the lead, pressing close to Fuchsia and doing more than just a little sway, letting his whole body groove with the jazzy horn in the slow dance, swinging them around a circle during an energetic horn riff ...

And then got a bit of a flop sweat as Fuchsia asked her question. "haha!" he laughed, except really didn't ... "No, no, only child, alas, no siblings!" he said. "What about you? I don't remember if you have sisters? Or brothers?" Yes, change the subject! Talk about her! Great idea!

"Oh! And Rarity, ponies love the gown. Just thought you should know. I keep getting questions about it, and I just referred them all to the Boutique. So kinda awesome there, huh? Oh, neat! We kinda match, huh? Not exactly the same, but kinda close! Cool! Looks better on you, though, you're made for this sorta thing."

And then, with the arrival of Rainbow Dash, all six of them were together. She could recall the previous time they all had went to the Gala. All of them had spent the entire evening off doing their own things, and ultimately each had met with disaster. Now it was time for the gala once more, and here they all were in one place with smiles on their faces. Rarity supposed that was exactly as it should be.

Rarity smiled at Dash's words. it was always great to hear that her gowns were appreciated. She wasn't surprised though. The dress Dash was wearing was indeed practically the same as the one she was wearing and as such, needless to say one of her very favorites. She would argue that, contrary to what Dash said, that it looked better on the pegasus. Dash's colors just looked so vibrant against whatever she wore. Rarity doubted the sporty pegasus even realized just how perfect she was as a model for pretty clothing. Either way, they wore the dress differently so Rarity wasn't about to complain.

"Well, maybe it evens the score. They still have public relations teams, marketing departments, and warehouses full of ponies making their designs. You've gotten this far with just yourself. Imagine where you'll be in just a few years!"

Rarity laughed and gave a little nod. Twilight was certainly a smart mare and she knew the things to say to alleviate any concern Rarity might have. She was definitely right; Rarity had done amazing for a single mare working in a small shop in a peaceful town like Ponyville. By any measure, her business was a resounding success. No matter what else, the future certainly looked quite bright. Rarity could hardly wait to see where it would all lead.

"As always it is my pleasure Rarity. I'm glad you are enjoying yourself. And I must thank you for not throwing yourself at my hooves like the last time we met at a dance party."

Rarity blushed noticeably and gave an awkward giggle as Celestia spoke to her. She had seriously considered doing just as the princess suggested. With her kindness, grace and beauty, Celestia certainly deserved the attention. Rarity was glad she had held off now though. It likely would have just made her look foolish here however. Feeling a little awkward, Rarity stepped toward the table and tried to look occupied for a moment. That's when she was suddenly pulled away onto the dance floor.

"Um. Hi, Rarity! You don't mind, uh ... I mean, want to? ... doesn't mean anything..."

Rarity gasped when she saw it was Dash who had pulled her in for a slow dance. She didn't know how to even react at first. Her mind replayed a number of awkward moments the two had shared, notably the spot of confusion over Dash's behavior prior to Hearts and Hooves Day not too long ago that had lead her to some unusual assumptions and continuing suspicions regarding her pegasus friend. Something this bold she never would have expected and the awkward way Dash tried to brush off her intents made Rarity even more suspicious. Whatever the intent, being pulled in close by Dash, looking so lovely in her dress, made Rarity feel a little vulnerable. She blushed and smiled tentatively as she looked toward her then gave a coy giggle.

"D-Dash! I-I... uh... I mean..." Rarity started shakily, averting her eyes slightly. Taking a moment to collect her nerves, Rarity gave a nod. "What I mean to say is that, I would be delighted to share a dance with you, Rainbow dear," she said in a fond voice, smiling and throwing her mane back some.

Whatever the intention, a dance was a dance. Rarity was happy to share one with her dear friend. She got into position, letting Dash keep the lead as the danced.

Carrot Fields felt most embarrassed for interrupting what no doubt was some elegant dance by the princess Twilight Sparkle with his clumsiness. Fortunately before he could fumble out any more words in his bumbling apology, Applejack extradited him from the uncomfortable situation with the intention of getting a dance in herself.

Finally he got to have a dance with the one pony he hoped to, well one of two, without having to attempt to come up with some suave way asking. (and likely failing miserably at the suave part). Now he just had to make sure his so-called “moves” weren’t too shaky. Hey, they worked for Fuchsia Blooms and Rainbow Dash, surely they would work here.

Suddenly with the next song everything changed, no longer was it just a general jig but one that required the intimacy of slow dancing with a single partner. As Applejack laid her head on his neck and inquired about if she was in the right position, he couldn’t help but have a huge, glowing smile. “Ye ur daein' jist fine”.

Now it was his turn to lead. Carrot may not have the greatest or hippest of moves, and could be down right klutzy on a ballroom floor, but he was pretty good in two dances, the highland jig, and slow romantic sway. The ruddy maned stallion wrapped one hoof around Applejack’s waist as he took her hoof in his free hoof and took the lead, swaying and stepping back and forth. With a soft murmur, he whispered, “Thenk ye fur bringin' me tae th' Gala, Ah am pure glam Ah cam noo.”

Normally Sweet Surprise wouldn't accept the fact that a pony who had helped so much wanted nothing in return. In her mind, the positive actions of others should be praised, and depending on the situation, rewarded. But not wanting to go against Princess Celestia's wishes, she decided that it was best just let things stay as they are.

"Alrighty then," she said to the Princess of the Sun, "but if you need anything in the future, like candies for some fun event, I live not far from here. All you have to do is look for the place that looks like a gingerbread house."

With that the chocolate mare resumed her eating of the delectable treats, and then it was on to dancing! The ponies she met looked like they were having such a great time that she wanted to join them as soon as she could.

Applejack had then entered a somewhat strange environment. It wasn't one she minded, but it wasn't one she was familiar with. Carrot was a charming stallion who wasn't a bad dancer. And to Applejack's amazement, he was acting much less stressed out than he normally did. She never concerned herself with it before, but the lack of sweat dripping from his nerves made him much more approachable and easier to be with. At the same time, her moment resting her weight against his, slow dancing to the current song, caused her to smell his neck. A cologne was evident, one that she had never noticed before until now. And of course, being the upfront mare she was, she had to say something. "You smell good."

Across the way, Applejack could see other ponies coupling with each other, enjoying a moment to take an easier step into a smooth song that connected pony's hearts and souls with one another. The social aspect in the room was an art form in itself. And speakin' of art forms, a pyramid made out of pretzels was still in tact on the buffet table. And Applejack had to get a piece of that action. The slow song hadn't ended yet, but she withdrew. "Hey Carrot, I'm actually gettin' hungry. Dancin' always gets my tummy a'rumblin'. What do you say we go over to the buffet and hit the dirt table?"

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Carrot Fields was happy, and confident. He finally got that dance with a pretty mare at the Gala, and not just any pretty mare, but a friend, one he cared for and held deep feeling for, which only served to make the moment all that much more special. He didn't say anything, letting his moves on the dance floor speak for him, only blushing at the kind comment the beautiful orange mare gave him.

He wondered what his spunky little sister would say about him and his hopelessness now?

Applejack's decision to suddenly stop with the dance caught Carrot off-guard, and he quickly to nervously wonder what he may have done wrong. When he heard she was just hungry, he couldn't help but chuckle, partly out of relief, partly because when it came to Applejack, it made perfect sense somehow. "alrecht 'at soonds guid, eh'd be curioos tae hear whit ye thooght ay th' Gala thes year, was it mair fin 'en th' lest time fur ye?" It was a small-talk question, but he still wasn't sure what else to talk about.

The ruddy maned stallion looked out from the buffet table at the dancing ponies as he stood next to AJ, they all seemed to be having a good time, although the only couple he recognized was Dash and the white unicorn; Rarity, wasn't that her name? They see to be together a lot, and given how the unicorn was blushing, he wondered, were they actually a couple?

Rainbow Dash

Dash felt kinda bad for Rarity - she was obviously embarrassed to be dancing with Dash, just putting up with it so Dash wouldn't look stupid... but when Rarity finished with her coy declaration and tossing her mane fabulously, she looked back up to Dash to see the cyan pegasus pony grinning with a broad grin of pure victory, obviously delighted.

Dash's silent inner voice crowed. Ha! That's right, walk away, Applejack! Rainbow Dash is so awesome at dancing, you can't even stay on the same field as her! I win! She spun Rarity in a wholly unnecessary but enthusiastic victory swirl, making both their skirts flare dramatically.

The next time Carrot came into her field of vision, though, the joy she had at winning suddenly turned into guilt. "Aw, man ... poor Carrot," she murmured to Rarity, the next swirl not having quite the same energy to it... she went on to explain, "Applejack just walked away in the middle of their dance... poor stallion looked like she'd apple-bucked him right in the stomach..."

And knowing it was AJ, that was saying something. This was all Dash's fault for scaring AJ off... she knew her friend was competitive. Heck, AJ might even be a bit too competitive! But she hadn't thought that would hurt anypony ... how could she make it better? Too late now, he'd already left the dance floor, so it'd have to wait till next dance ...

"I should probably dance with him next," Dash said. "I am the one who asked him to the Gala, after all ... " Then she realized what this might sound like - like they were a couple, which he'd never really expressed any interest in, and she was way too busy for that sort of thing anyway, and besides, there was a better idea! "Actually, know what? We should both take turns dancing with him! Make sure he's not feeling too bad."

Berry was content in the dance floor - good music playin' in the background as plenty of ponies shook a groove and got their hooves stuck into the action - there were gatherings of many things taking place, and the mare was never really one to get herself up into a fray if it wasnt a part of her own doing...she was content to relax in the sidelines as she danced a littlle in a small uncrowded area. She'd helped herself to some of the snacks available already, and was good to just burn off a few of the calories she no doubg had accumulated from such rich delicious cakes, treats and sandwiches.

" Ugh, that chocolate tart! " she says with a small belch, looking around for a moment to see if anypony had noticed her rather unmareish sound. " gorgeous, but it's gonna make me feel guilty for weeks! "

The mare shrugged it off and resumed her prior dance....just for the moment wanting to forget her l'il personal moment of pondering to engage in some good ol' fashioned pony shuffling in public - maybe in a while, she'd go and investigate the drinks to go see what kinda libations this little shindig in the gala held for her consumption...but for now, it was time to get groovy!

Fuchsia swayed and swished across the floor with Bramble Rose. He wasn't half bad, as a dancer. She wondered how well he would fare in something more adventurous, like a tango. The stallion seemed to blanch a little bit at her query. "No, no, only child, alas, no siblings! What about you? I don't remember if you have sisters? Or brothers?"

"Oh. She looked so much like you. How mysterious. You've got a secret doppelganger!" the mare giggled. Weirder things had happened to her already this evening, the idea of having an unknown twin was no longer that strange. "Perhaps we can go find her and you can introduce yourself! Maybe you have a shared history hidden somewhere."

Getting back to his question in response to hers, she said, "No, I have no brothers or sisters. Dad was away from home a lot, and I imagine Mom didn't want more than one foal underfoot. I didn't mind though, I had a lot of friends growing up to play with, I never felt lonely."

The slow song ended, and the musicians elected to take a break. Turning to her partner, Fuchsia asked, "Say, are you hungry? They have a pretty nice buffet over along the wall there. And a nice bar, too, although it looks a bit crowded at the moment."

2sb9yxc.jpg

Berry Punch would not be dancing alone for much longer. After leaving the ice sculpture to its near-doom, Derpy Hooves spent much of the time after mingling with some other ponies she knew and dancing a little jig or two. When her eyes caught Berry putting on her moves, Derpy instantly knew what the mulberry mare would appreciate; a cool glass of wine! Berry was the best winemaker in town as far as Miss Hooves was concerned, so of course she’d like a glass.

Snatching a white wine glass from a passing-by waiter with one hoof, the gray pegasus then flew over to the grooving Ms. Punch. “Hey Berry!” the smiling googly-eye mare cried out while presenting the drink; “Got a lil’ somethiiiiing for ya.” Hopefully Derpy’s fellow townspony would accept the gracious offering.....

Pinkie Pie was thoroughly distracted in sixteen ways at once. Large social gatherings were her thing for sure, and she wanted to be everywhere at once, at every time. She found attention snared away by the lavish buffet table, her large blue eyes moving over the cakes, tarts, pies, and crystal bowls of punch. "Ooh sure, Tia!" she said distractedly, moving in for a slice of apple pie. She nommed it with gusto. It was okay. She knew Sugarcube Corner could bake better ones, but the ones provided by the Canterlot Castle kitchens were fair enough. There was also a bit about a falling ice sculpture, which she completely missed while she was stuffing her pink face. Her cheeks bulged as she chewed with relish. She offered a slice of purple-frosted cake to Gummy, who was currently latched to the end of her poofy pink tail. Using the bottom of her back hoof like a plate, she wiggled the slice of cake in front of the muzzle of her green friend. He latched to the cake slice and swallowed it whole, then re-latched to her tail.

The pink mare's ears perked up as a belch echoed across the room. Wow! Pinkie was impressed. She turned her attention to the direction of the sound, noticing it was from her friend Berry. Of course! She picked up a goblet, dipping it into a punch bowl with gusto. She tipped it to her lips, gulping the sweet, fruity punch noisily. "Hay Berry! Betcha can't do one as loud as this!" Pinkie Pie lowered her head to the floor, tensed her back, and lifted her face into the air.

"BRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!"

Pinkie Pie's lips shook as she expelled her belch, her eyes crossed. The chandelier above the hall quivered from the tumultuous sound. "Teehee! Excuse me!"

SkyCurrentLayoutResize_zps76c99dc2.jpg

Well here he is, Sky Current's first time ever in attending one of Canterlot's most exciting event, the Grand Galloping Gala! It took him a while to arrive here, majority of the time was taken due to his indecisiveness of which suit to wear. After all, he couldn't just wear anything to the gala, especially not when there's ponies from all over Equestria attending this grand event, so in the end he settle for something not to flashy, but a more classical. He was dressed in a black suit with two coattails at the end, white dress shirt, a blue vest, and a black tie. When he had first arrived he wanted to go greet the Princess, but unfortunately he just could not bare waiting in that long line. Ever since he was a little colt he could never sit still for too long and even as a young stallion now, he still could not seem to stand still in one place. How in Equestria did he survive through school classes, he has no idea.

'Wow, everything in here looks so fancy... not to mention fun!' The pegasus slowly made himself over to the Dance Hall only to see see his vision being filled by ponies, a lot of ponies. He reckon just about every pony was here. 'Now this is the place to be!' Sky thought cheerfully and headed in to blend in with the others. He didn't know where to start and he didn't really come here with anypony, but after feeling his stomach grumble he decided to get a little something to eat. One of the other reasons why he didn't want to wait in line to meet the Princess, or Princesses. He spent all his time trying to making heads or tails on what to wear, he forgot to get something to eat before he left. Now with his eyes filled with the vision of various of delicious treats, he moved a hoof and got him a slice of apple pie and then a glass of punch. Just when the pegasus was about to take a bite off his when a loud noise filled the room and startled him. He didn't know who did it, but whichever pony made the sound was within the his area. 'Was that a..burp? Either that or somepony's instrument got a little funky.' He couldn't help but laugh at the noise, almost dropping his pie. He even caught hint of the chandelier hanging high above the room move. "Not sure if I should be laughing or be worried." Well, he was sure the chandelier wasn't going to drop by something like that. Right? Sky slowly lifted the pie towards his mouth and took a small bite, chewing slowly as his teal colored eyes remained lights.

(( ooc: Hello all! ))

Rarity was kind of surprised by the dance. Dash had an incredible confidence about her as she lead the unicorn about the dance floor. Rarity honestly wouldn't have thought she was so able when it came to dancing; she didn't entirely seem the type for it. It was honestly impressive, though perhaps that was the whole point. Did Rainbow's confidence come from a desire to impress her? Rarity didn't know what to make of the situation as a whole, but if that was the intent, it was maybe working. The fancy final spin was maybe a little much for a formal dance, but it was regardless an impressive show of control and more importantly a whole lot of fun! Rarity had a smile on her face as the dance slowed down. Rainbow Dash, as it turned out, made an excellent partner.

"Aw, man ... poor Carrot. Applejack just walked away in the middle of their dance... poor stallion looked like she'd apple-bucked him right in the stomach...I should probably dance with him next, I am the one who asked him to the Gala, after all ... Actually, know what? We should both take turns dancing with him! Make sure he's not feeling too bad."

When Dash spoke, Rarity was a little surprised. Having been so focused just on Rainbow throughout the dance, she wasn't entirely sure what she was talking about at first. Following her stare, she found Carrot standing alone on the dance floor. Applejack was heading toward the buffet table. He and Applejack had been dancing? Being pulled so suddenly into the dance with Dash, Rarity hadn't even been aware. Dash seemed more hung up on the situation with Carrot though, which she supposed did make sense if she brought him here. Her words kind of caught Rarity off guard. She made it sound like she felt obligated to share a dance with Carrot, but she turned more excited when she suggested they both dance with him. Did she not want Rarity to feel left out or get envious, or perhaps she was trying to stress that Carrot was just a friend? It was hard to make sense of, especially when Rarity was already more than a little confused by the situation. Still, putting all the pieces together, she couldn't help but wonder if the one Rainbow really wanted to dance with was Rarity.

"Of course! I'd be happy to entertain Mr. Fields with a dance, Rainbow dear," she said with an excited nod. Smiling fondly at Dash then she added, "And then, after that you can show me some more of those impressive dance moves, if you'd like!"

A sudden very loud sound then hit Rarity's ears. "What in the world?" she spoke. She blinked several times and then turned her head. She was not entirely unsurprised to find that the gigantic sound had come from a single pink pony. She chuckled and shook her head. "Ah, just Pinkie Pie..."

Nervously, Applejack spoke with her mouth full of apple fritters. "Um, chyeah, chis gala hash been da besht effer!" She swallowed, and blushed. "Beg pardon." Part of Applejack was glad that the gala was no longer so hoity toity that common ponies could enjoy it a well, but she also started taking for granted some of the party's classiness that was there for all the ponies who enjoyed a little proper attitude with their get together. Sure, this was a less formal evening than the gala is used to, but it was still no hoedown in Applejack's back yard. And then Pinkie Pie burped.

Applejack felt a little guilty all the sudden. Was Carrot wanting to dance still? It seemed like he was staring out at the dance floor as if Applejack's nervous appetite caused him to be pulled out of where he wanted to be. "Oh, Carrot. Were you still wanting to dance? Ah'm sorry if I pulled you out too soon, I just needed a bite, and well, honestly," she rubbed the back of her neck, "I don much like slow dances. I'd rather bust a move when the tempo heats up again." Applejack told the truth. She was wanting a higher tempo to enjoy the dance floor. But it wasn't the whole truth. Applejack didn't really want to embarrass her dance partner with the fact that her slow dancing was not to par. She wanted an excuse to escape it before she inevitably goofed up the hoofing and stepped on him with her steel-toe boots.

Applejack then noticed Rainbow Dash and Rarity who were dancing with each other but were both looking at her and Carrot. Why are they lookin' at us like that? She asked herself curiously.

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash grinned to Rarity and went to clasp her on the back - but with her position, it was really more like a hug. "I knew you'd understand!" she said happily, "Sounds like a perfect plan! And you know I love showing off!" She gave a grin and a wink to Rarity. So nice of Rarity to help her friend like that! But then, Rarity was the most generous pony she knew! With that, she knew she had to finish this off properly ... never let it be said Rainbow Dash did anything halfway! She did everything the best way possible! Also rad and cool, let's not forget those! She swirled Rarity into the dance, in the traditional pegasus manner - by forgetting about tradition and just improvising a bit. She swung Rarity around so their skirts flared some more, Dash lifting a bit off the floor as she did so, giving that extra energy to it, and as the music died away, she was holding Rarity close and panting a bit with the effort.

She quickly broke away, a bit of pink on her cheeks, and nodded quickly. "Good dance!" she said brightly, stepping over by the snack bar where Carrot and Applejack were standing.

Bramble Rose

Bramble had a big grin on his face as the music came to a close, stepping away and nodding. "Oh, of course," he said politely to Fuchsia, though he really wanted to keep dancing - but there was all night for dancing! And a drink wouldn't go amiss. "Let's go explore the options for snacking, by all means."

As they stepped off the dance floor, though, the band finished their brief sips of water and started up the next song ... the music always had its own touch, a personality by the musicians themselves, but no matter its form, he could recognize it. It was his favorite dance! The Tango! His green eyes lit up eagerly, and his horn glowed, drawing a rose from his silver mane, to match his cutie mark. "Ah! After this next dance, though!" he said eagerly, and hardly waited for a response before pulling Fuchsia eagerly back to the dance floor. He slowed his eager walk, though, once his hooves touched the raised wooden platform, turning his excitement into a proper strut, taking the rose between his teeth, and turning his gaze to Fuchsia.

Now this was what his cutie mark was all about!

Rainbow Dash

Dash never consciously thought about it, but she always had to reach wherever she was going first... Everything was a little race, and she felt a little thrill every time she beat everypony else to the mark. So she landed in front of Carrot with a flutter of her wings and a twitch of her flank that settled her skirts back into place, her head flipping to toss her long rainbow mane and make sure it fell the way Rarity had told her best suited her.

"Comon, Fields!" she said, her hoof grabbing his and pulling. "You and I are taking a turn, now!" her wings flared a bit as she pulled him along, not entirely staying on the floor as she pulled him to the dance floor, grinning as she heard the music. Now this was some pretty good music - upbeat, slow rhythm but with lots of energy. She hiked up her skirt a bit, gathering them about her flanks, and tossed the gathered skirts to one side with a saucy little flick, a wing flick matching the toss of her skirts, before staring Carrot in the eyes and giving a little firm nod.

Archived