Pathfinder and the Grand Galloping Gala Debut (open)

RarityDash

Snowfall had an expression of content as she entered the Grand Ballroom of Canterlot Castle. She had attended the Grand Galloping Gala every year since her father's disappearance put her at the head of her company, Northern Storm Industries. She knew the event well and knew how until just recently it had been entirely tedious.

The event had since been reinvented to welcome ponies of all sorts, and there was even a dance hall party happening somewhere Snow would rather be. For her, however, the Grand Galloping Gala was mostly about business. As CEO of NSI and one of the more important ponies of the Stalliongrad scene, her reason for attending was as it always was to mingle with other members of the social elite so that they might continue to harbor good will toward her company.

All the same, Snowfall wasn't exactly dreading the gala this year for one important reason. She wasn't here alone this year. Her beloved fillyfriend Pathfinder would be at her side, attending the gala for her first time. This was delightful for a number of important reasons: one, she didn't have to fact it all by herself; two, Pathfinder made everything better; three, it was an excuse to dress Pathfinder up pretty and show her off. All of that considered, this was actually one gala Snow had kind of been looking forward to for once.

"Hurry up, Path. Everypony needs to see how absolutely amazing you look!" Snowfall called affectionately back to her mare as she strode confidently into the ballroom, her own flowing, elegant midnight blue satin dress hugging her form nicely.

Pathfinder.png

Pathfinder thought that the Gala may have been one of the thirty most boring things in all of Equestria, but to its credit the Gala at least usually had some cool things that were thown away. Pathfinder had good hard proof that it was used as a transfer for relics in ages past, even if ponies claimed they were only cruddy replicas that were worth ten bits at a thrift shop. It didn't matter what they said or what the authorities said or what the judges said or what receipts said, relics flowed to and from the event. But none of them were very good so she had only snuck in a few times. This time was a bit different, and not only because she didn't have to fake an invite and Canterlot accent to get in...though she did have a good forgery on hoof because, well, she was proud of the lettering. It was so close! Experience bred quality!

But there were bigger reasons why this was a super duper special event for her. Snowfall had invited her to the gala as her fillyfriend and it was definitely the biggest event that they had gone in public together, so that was cool. But even if it was only one pony at the party Pathfinder would have showed up if Snowfall asked her to, because her adventure docket was sorta low on the moment. Dungeons were getting harder and harder to find and there were only so many ruins with cool things for her to explore. She cleared her scheule and inserted more easy peasy conventions and fanclub meetings, which was harder to get to because they kept on changing the schedule on her. They were all crippled by pony pox a lot of the time when she was in town, poor fillies and colts. But anyway, her mare asked and Pathfinder was happy to oblige.

But there was one problem. She looked so stupid!

124258__safe_rainbow%2Bdash_daring%2Bdo_gala%2Bdress_gala.png

...And she didn't have her helmet. UGGH!

Pathfinder meekly followed her mare into the Gala, head lower. Her helmet! AHHHH. She wanted it so bad!

"Snowy, what did you do to my helmet? I look so silly without it!"

"Snowy, what did you do to my hat? I look so silly without it!"

Snowfall smiled an affectionate smile back at her mare as she lifted a hoof and gently stroked Pathfinder's cheek and mane. Getting Pathfinder to dress up was not an easy task. She was very attached to her imitation Daring Do appearance and could get rather defiant if it was suggested she break from it. Maybe it was mean of her, but Snowfall couldn't help but wonder if that wasn't part of what made getting her to dress up so much fun. Pathfinder was just so confused when she was forced out of her element.

"Oh? But that pearl headband suits you well," Snowfall said, still grinning. "And all the vivid colors of the dress contrast the grayscale of your mane so well."

The white pegasus nodded her head. Snowfall hadn't at first been sure about how the dress would look on Pathfinder. It was a very slightly customized variation on a line from a popular designer from the small town of Ponyville, not too far from Canterlot. Snowfall had liked it because of the shape. The way it flowed and the cloud-like trim gave it a vibrance and personality that complimented the adventuring pegasus well. She had wondered if the colors might be garish at first, but given Pathfinder's entirely neutral color palate, it didn't clash too much in her opinion. She looked lovely and she hoped the other guests of the gala would be in agreement.

"Besides," Snow continued speaking, bending in to nuzzle the other mare's cheek. "Even Daring Do dresses up leaves her hat behind when the situation calls for it," she said in a gentle voice.

gI0gbs.pngProfessor Clyde Krashkop

Directly outside, there was the sound of a loud crash with the accompanying screams and shouts of castle guards and staff. They all surrounded an elderly Pegasus stallion who just came in for a less-than-perfect landing near the castle gate.

"Please everypony, do not concern yourselves vith me, I am fine!" Professor Clyde Krashkop neighed. "I don't vant to be late to meet dee great explorer! Do not fuss over me please! I must go now! Aveedersane!"

Galloping into the castle, the Professor rushed to search every room until he poked his head inside of the once where Pathfinder and Snowfall were. Immediately, the gray maned stallion rushed up to Pathfinder and offered his hoof to shake.

"Fraulein Pathfinder!" he neighed. "I have been looking forward to meeting you in dee flesh! I'm Professor Clyde Krashkop, retired from Canterlot U, and I am a big fan of your globe trotting adventures! Vould you please regale me vith vone of your famous adventure stories? Vould you sign dis photograph for me as vell?"

Pathfinder.png

For all of her super smarty pants knowledge and fine upbringing, Snowfall knew so very little about color coordination! It didn't shock Pathfinder none, however. She couldn't be right about everything all the time, just a lot of things most of the time. But she didn't know the very basics of Pathfinder's style! Greyscale mane goes with tan pith helmet and a dark olivine vest went with her khaki body- well, khaki dyed body and greyscale dyed mane, nopony gave a darn about the hideous baby blue underneath, least of all Pathfinder- and all other combinations were absolutely invalid. But she did have a point, even if Pathfinder knew what it felt like to be talked into something and wasn't too thrilled about it.

Daring Do did dare herself on several occasions and went undercover in various works. It didn't happen too often in the Core Series, only in Daring Do and the Rise of the Marengeti when she was a bit older and had to use her wits to get information from several bragadocious zebra spies at a party. The New Adventures of Daring Do featured it more often, but it wasn't entirely too common for her to change her appearance for anything other sneaking into places. Her helmet was also never far off, her taking off whatever silliness adorned her mane and placing the helmet on turning whatever adventure she was on from cold to super hot. It was on like Cranky Doodle Donkey Kong when that happened! Of course in Pathfinder's fanfiction EPICS her hat was on and off and on and off for many reasons. She'd take what she could take here with her Snowy, but first she had a CORRECTION TO MAKE.

"Woah. WOAH. WOAH. WOOOOAAAH. Hold your hooves there a moment, it isn't a hat! A hat can't protect you from arrows! It's a special limited edition reinforced replica of her pith helmet! I mean geez filly. But...I guess you're right. I guess I'll have to pretend that I have to look this silly to get to the secret treasure after the gala. Is there a secret treasure after this gala?!" Pathfinder asked innocently and bright eyed at her mare, giving her a snuggle and trotting hoof in hoof into the ballroom proper. She wasn't big fan of this place but she was Snowfall's number one fan, almost as big a fan of her as she was Daring Do. It was then that a wild eyed old stallion came in, a few grumpy looking guards in tow and WOW HE WAS THE BEST PONY EVER. He wanted to know all about Pathfinder and her life and times and stories and adventures?!

"Somepony with taste in this place! But how'd you even know I'm such an adventurer? I mean, I know I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be outside of Daring Do, but the only time I'm in the papers is when I have a missed court date for some charge or another! Ooh! Oooh! Oooh! You must be in the Daring DO FANCLUB and read the monthly newsletter I force into every clubhouse, even if they shut the door in my snout. That explains it! I would tell you all sorts of adventures and stuff including this one time when I was turned into sand by a vengeful genie, but my fillyfriend Snowfall here would probably tie me up and force me to cut a rug anyway!"

"Woah. WOAH. WOAH. WOOOOAAAH. Hold your hooves there a moment, it isn't a hat! A hat can't protect you from arrows! It's a special limited edition reinforced replica of her pith helmet! I mean geez filly. But...I guess you're right. I guess I'll have to pretend that I have to look this silly to get to the secret treasure after the gala. Is there a secret treasure after this gala?!"

Snowfall giggled at her fillyfriend's sudden outburst. Pathfinder really did never cease to be amusing. That was probably at the heart of why Snowfall was attracted to her. She was just fun and exciting to be around. That and she was cute and strangely innocent yet bold and inspiring. Every moment spent with her was rewarding in its own little way. As Pathfinder snuggled her affectionately before locking hooves, she smiled fondly at the mare and gave a pleased sigh.

"Let's just say that I think you might find this adventure to be a rewarding one," Snowfall commented with a telling smirk. Shaking her head then she gave a small laugh. "And I hope you do realize that you called it a hat yourself not two minutes ago," she added somewhat playfully.

About then, an older stallion with a strange accent rushed toward them. To Snow's immediate surprise, he seemed to be a fan of Pathfinder's who wanted to hear of her adventures. How surprising. Pathfinder seemed rather surprised and excited by it too. It was cute to see her so worked up. For all the bizarre things she went through, she wasn't thus far very well known. This likely wasn't something that occurred all too regularly. On the contrary, it was much more common for ponies to rush up to Snowfall when the two of them were out together to inquire of her details regarding her company or some other matter.

"Well, I do also recall your name did get published after you returned from that ordeal in Aquellia. It's possible that could have earned you some measure of exposure," Snow said, nodding and laughing. "And while it's true that I most certainly will be wanting a dance or two before this night is through, the whole point of this kind of thing is for us to mingle with the guests here."

The pegasus smiled and nodded at the stallion. "A pleasure to meet you, Professor Krakshop. I am Snowfall, acting CEO of Northern Storm Industries," she said as she extended a hoof to shake.

"Ah! It is vonderba to meet you, fraulien Snowfall!" Professor Krashkop neighed as the elderly Pegasus stallion shook her hoof. "I have heard of your company. I vone had an invention I vas hoping to sell to your firm, but I could never perfect it. Dee mechanical can opener vould have been a great achievement, but I could never make it small enough for home use. I tink it was dee steam engine dat made it impractical."

The Professor then turned his attention back towards Pathfinder.

"Have you ever explored dee northern mountains of Equestria? I vas dere vone for a science exploration, but mein colleagues got mad at me und told me to leave! All I did vas accidentally crash into dere campsite from dee air! Vas it mein fault I had a bad landing? I did not mean to spread dere campfire all over und burn down all dere tents. Rocks hurt more vhen day are thrown at you by your own associates und friends. Oh vell, enough about dat incident. I talk too much, now I vant to hear you, fraulien Pathfinder."

There were more than a few ponies in attendance of the gala, of course - after all, what sort of socialite would miss an event as glamorous as a gala? Not Matchie, that was for certain! She'd taken the time to doll herself up in a deep red dress, a soft red strap holding it all over one shoulder, the gown itself hugging to her torso, loosening about her waist and then simply swaying behind her with easy grace. The colouring might have been a little plain, perhaps, but it fit the purple pony just fine.

Though she was busy entertaining on the dance floor, tapping her hooves along just about anyone who wanted a dance with the matchmaker mare, her ears were doing a bit of snooping about, picking out names and voices to see if anyone important was paying her any serious attention - not that she really had reason to eavesdrop, but keeping an open ear never hurt. It was simply chance that she overheard a couple of names come up in close proximity; Pathfinder and Snowflake! That brought her back a bit - a match she'd made in the early spring. So, the two were still keeping in touch? Finely-tuned matchmaker-mind desired gossip and details!

But, she was still a-dancing, so it would be a few moments at very least before the bright purple mare could tap out and slip away from her current clumsy dance partner. Still, the conversation had a decent portion of her attention, and she decided to listen for an opening where she might interrupt. A few moments of listening in revealed that their eccentric conversationalist was far more enthused by the presence of pathfinder than of Snowfall. Fitting, in a sense, seeing as they were indeed a bit of an odd couple. Still, with the slowing of the music, Matchie bowed out of the fourstep she'd been giving a canter.

Once the professor apparent had returned his attention to Pathfinder, Matchie decided to take up a touch of conversation with the more formal of the two, giving Snowfall a gentle magic tap on the shoulder, keeping her voice a touch low, silken and soft. "Forgive me if I'm interrupting, darling, but did I hear correctly? Are you, indeed, the very same miss Snowfall that patronized my matchmaking services some months ago?"

Pathfinder.png

Pathfinder was a super huge fan of rewarding adventures that were rewarded with bountiful treasures and awards. That were rewarding. Snowfall was a rich mare who had contacts everywhere so maybe she had a hot tip on a new lead for some sort of relic somewhere? She'd settle for a river that vanished every morning at this stage, as dull as that was. Whatever it was it must have been cool since Snowfall always came through! Pathfinder made a decision then and there to not throw any more temper tantrums since she had a prize waiting at the end! She was a super mature mare, despite what her last psych evaluation said. Who was that money chasing loser that said she was a little unstable and mostly childish? Bahh. Losers lost, winners won, Pathfinder found paths. Life was good and today was gonna be a great day...as long as she got a treasure!

but for now, she'd humor the elderly pony who was all about how awesome Pathfinder was. She couldn't blame him- she was awesome. She went up to tilt her helmet in a cocky manner but didn't even act disgruntled when it wiffed in the air instead.

"Well, now that Snowie has given me the okay I guess I can talk to you for a bit! I mean the question is where to start? It's like trying to tell a short version of Daring Do and the Endless Chasm. That was one wild fic! I almost found a real endless chasm once, but I was off by a few miles and it was Tartarus instead. Everypony says Tartarus is hot but it's more like super warm sensation down to your bones, like you're being cooked at a super duper low temperature! They also don't tell you that gravity pulls you down, or that huge eels try to eat you! If you can get in between the eels and the walls of their caves then you can find some caves of outcasts. Woah, a rush! They play hoofball with train. Ahhh, good times. I got out by climbing the wall for a few weeks, and it was cool at the top because I ran into this expedition group that was searching for a ruin nearby. Turns out it was just a side effect of the mucus on the walls and I was actually being attacked by minotaurs but I did end up finding the ruin anyway. Now THAAAAAT was a fun time!" She pranced in place, momentarily forgetting where she was.

"Ah! It is vonderba to meet you, fraulien Snowfall! I have heard of your company. I vone had an invention I vas hoping to sell to your firm, but I could never perfect it. Dee mechanical can opener vould have been a great achievement, but I could never make it small enough for home use. I tink it was dee steam engine dat made it impractical."

Snowfall nodded at the stallion. "Hmm, a mechanical can opener, you say?" she said, thinking it over. "It does sound like an intriguing idea. Cans certainly can be tricky to get open with ease. If you do ever perfect it, it might be the sort of things we could market. Most people think of heavier machinery--airship and locomotive components when they hear our name, but Northern Storm Industries does take pride in our line of smaller, personal use machines and appliances."

She gave a laugh and nodded once more," "It's actually an area I've been wanting to push into further of late."

The Professor went on to further prod Pathfinder for a story, which she was keen to offer up. Pathfinder stories were fun. Just when Snow was sure she had heard all of them, Pathfinder would relate another. She had to wonder how many different adventures the mare had actually been on and how it was possible she had so little to show from all of them. it was fascinating really. This story she was telling now was indeed a new one on Snowfall, and it sure sounded like a dangerous spot to be in. Of course, there was always the question of reliability anytime one got lost in one of Pathfinder's rambling tales of adventure. Sometimes it could blur into Daring Do or Pathfinder's own fan fictions, but she knew enough to know the stories tended to have some basis in fact. All the same, had Pathfinder truly made it past the gates of Tartarus or had she fell into a mere volcanic cave infested with quarry eels. There was no way to verify anything. Either way, with this one, Snowfall's mare had certainly survived an ordeal.

"Forgive me if I'm interrupting, darling, but did I hear correctly? Are you, indeed, the very same miss Snowfall that patronized my matchmaking services some months ago?"

Snowfall's attention was wrested from her love's story suddenly by another pony's approach. She looked back to see an unfamiliar mare in a nice red dress. She looked at the mare for a moment, wondering what she wanted her for until the words "matchmaking services" left her lips. Snow's eyes widened. It couldn't be, could it?!

"Matchmaking? You're not Matchie from the service in Fillydelphia, are you?" she started with alarm. How entirely unexpected. It had probably been over a year now, but if this was Matchie, then this was the very mare who had brought Snowfall and Pathfinder together.

"You are, aren't you?" she said, breaking into a smile. "What a delightful surprise this is! Thank you so much!" she said, extending a hoof to shake.

Professor Krashkop was delighted with the conversations he was having tonight! His sense of adventure was satisfied by Pathfinder's story and his sense of wonderment by Snowfall's kind encouraging words!

"You are very kind, fraulien Snowfall! Dere is vone of mein inventions that vas proven to be useful. Dee cure I mixed up for dee effects of Poison Joke! I've tried to sell mein formula to other business ponies und day just laughed at me, told me I vas insane. Perhaps your company vould be interested in it."

Then the elderly Pegasus stallion turned to Pathfinder.

"You vent to Tartarus? Dat vas very brave! How did you calm dee mighty Cerberus? He is no ordinary dog vith dose three heads! I heard dat canine vonce made an appearance in Ponyville, und dat Twilight Sparkle led it back to Tartarus. How did you handle dat powerful beast?"

Pathfinder.png

Some ponies were so super silly with their scarediness regarding legendary creatures. All living things at their core were big softies or incredibly dumb- no middle ground! She had tested it and the only in the middle ground were griffons, and they tended to be dumber than kinder and favored sharp, pointy things over teddy bears. Except for Gilda, that was one big softie puddle of love even if she hid it under a mask of high-grade hostility. The same went for the creepy cool things she had played with in Tartarus, big dumb Cerberus included!

"Ha, that mangy mutt? It guards the entrance to Tartarus and I was pulled in too fast for it to play with me. Lucky for it too, 'cause I had just found an amulet a few weeks back which allowed me to read the minds of savage beasts! It was broke and needed a gem to power it but the shady man in the salt bar I bought it from seemed trustworthy. On my out I got to play with it a bit, though. It tried to use me like a ball but I didn't count on me kicking it in the eyes. Silly creatures started to get angry and thrash about, biting everywhere. Ended up biting itself and the heads started fighting, but I was having too much fun and jumped in too. Ended up being digested for a few minutes before I got totally bored of stomach acids and expertly tossed all of my smoke bombs in every direction I could. Gave the creature some terrible indigestion, came out, flew away as good as new! Smelled like a rotting piece of meat though. Maybe that was why the group I tried to join afterwards kept on trying to throw me into the ocean with anchors attached to my wings?" She pondered out loud, REVELATIONS EVERYWHERE.

"Matchmaking? You're not Matchie from the service in Fillydelphia, are you?" The CEO queried, her tone somewhat surprised. Well, she was a clever one, clearly! Other ponies she'd tried to approach usually didn't make the connection so quickly! "You are, aren't you?" she said, breaking into a smile. "What a delightful surprise this is! Thank you so much!" she said, extending a hoof to shake.

The hoofshake was returned with a broad smile and a gentle hoofshake in return, the matchmaker mare not entirely sure if she'd been encroaching in an unwelcome sort of way. But, if Snowfall's response was anything to gauge her welcome with, then her somewhat unorthodox approach was not about to be rebuked. In fact, it seemed rather the opposite; it was a warm welcome and a merry smile that the rather well-to-do unicorn gave the Fillydelphian. A quiet laugh broke her smile, and she slowly lowered her hoof to the ground. "You're... welcome! Really, I wasn't quite sure how you two would get along, but seeing you here this much later, well!" It was the sort of thing that warmed Matchie's heart - though her matchmaking service wasn't the fastest or most lucrative thing around, it was seeing matches like these still working strong that made it rather worth it. It had been an odd couple from the start, but to see the two mares happy and well at the gala was a rather gratifying confirmation that she'd done a decent job there.

But, rather than just stand there and dwell on the patting herself on the back that took place in her head, she decided to at least make polite conversation, starting with a reciprocation of the delightful greeting she'd been given. Another merry titter from the velvet mare, and she gave the enthusiastic storyteller a glance. A bit of an odd outfit, but it mostly kind of worked out! She'd, uh, just avoid trying to complement on it, really. "I'm simply glad your trust in my capabilities hasn't yet gone awry!" Her attention returned to Snowfall, and her smile softened a touch. "Though if I might be so bold as to say it, you two make for a lovely couple! How have you both been doing, anyhow?"

"You are very kind, fraulien Snowfall! Dere is vone of mein inventions that vas proven to be useful. Dee cure I mixed up for dee effects of Poison Joke! I've tried to sell mein formula to other business ponies und day just laughed at me, told me I vas insane. Perhaps your company vould be interested in it."

Snowfall nodded to the professor as she considered his proposition.

"Well, NSI isn't really a pharmaceutical company to any extent. We specialize in machines and machine parts. It would be untested ground for us and I'm not sure it's something we could effectively be able to mass produce," she said in a low voice.

"I would imagine there's a market for such a product out there, but I would doubt it's a good fit for our company," she added, giving a cordial nod.

"You're... welcome! Really, I wasn't quite sure how you two would get along, but seeing you here this much later, well!"

Turning back to the matchmaker, Snowfall gave a small laugh and another nod as she shook her hoof.

"Indeed! Whatever hunch you went with that day has proven to be most fruitful. Things are never dull with Pathfinder. She's absolutely incredible," she said with pride.

"I'm simply glad your trust in my capabilities hasn't yet gone awry! Though if I might be so bold as to say it, you two make for a lovely couple! How have you both been doing, anyhow?"

Snow laughed again and smiled at the mare. "Why thank you," she said, happy for the flattering remark. "You look quite nice yourself I'd say. That dress is certainly very lovely," she added, feeling it only polite to take the time to return the compliment. Not that it was in anyway forced--the purple mare's red gown was indeed rather nice.

"I've been well," she said in response to the mare's question. "It's hard some times since due to the company and her own pursuits, Pathfinder and I are often apart for lengths at a time and there are moments where I'm prone to worry, but written correspondence helps and generally I couldn't be happier."

She gave a cheerful laugh and glanced momentarily toward Pathfinder, who was still telling a story of her adventures to Tartarus. Apparently she had been swallowed by Cerberus--even for Pathfinder a rather alarming tale of danger and adventure. "I suppose all the time apart makes the time we have together all the more sweeter anyway," she said, smiling as she looked back toward Matchie.

Before he listened to Pathfinder's reply to his question, Professor Krashkop responded to Snowfall's answer.

"Danka fraulien Snowfall! I know I vill someday find a company dat vill produce mein product for dee good of all ponykind!"

Then the elderly Pegasus stallion became enthralled with Pathfinder's story of her time in Tartarus.

"Dat vas incredible! Vhat a terrifying experience! You are most lucky to have survived und you vere smart to use your smoke bombs to escape! Y'know, I vonce tried to invent a smoke bomb, but day kept exploding on me! I got kicked out of dee Royal castle vonce when I was demostrating dem to dee royal guards, but dat vas years ago. Anyvay, Miss Pathfinder, have you ever been ta Saddle Arabia? I hear it is a land of desert und mystery!"

Pathfinder.png

Saddla Arabia? More like Saddle YESARIA! She hadn't been there but once or twice but she heard all sorts of super awesome legends about all sorts of cool stuff that was supposedly super special in those lands. Genies and all new ruined civilizations to discover and plunder! She could be the first pony to return with a treasure from that mysterious land and become the focal point of an international incident! She was a bundle of firsts, this Pathfinder. And maybe she'd meet some dashing Arabian horse and the two would share some good-natured flirting while preventing the end of the world before she stayed true to her Snowfall and left him heartbroken in the unyielding deserts of that harsh, terrible, wonderful land.

"Only once or twice, and not for very long. It's hard getting there when you can't buy a ticket for travel there from our side of the ocean! Pesky law. Anyway, it's pretty cool. Lots of deserts that hide ancient civilizations and I've even heard rumors of genies floating around, granting wishes and tricking people! I wanna go back there soon and spend a while learning more but y'know how it goes. I ended up going to Unyasi instead and was only turned into a sentient bush four or seven times and that's just not any fun. But that's enough about me, 'cause you can't talk about Pathfinder without talking about her super special somepony Snowfall! Hey, hey Snowfall! Snowfall! This pony wants to hear all about you...or at least, I think he should," Pathfinder said as she fluttered over to her marefriend, taking her head and arching it towards the Professor.

"He's Professor Krashydashy, and he totally understands what it means to be an adventurer! Or at least he appreciates it. And if he appreciates that then he'll HAVE to appreciate you!" Pathfinder buzzed above for a second, forgetting that she was at the Gala. Then she realized she was at the Gala and sulked until she was on the ground. Yeah, Pathfinder saw the steaming eyes of several others. Foolish foals!

"I mean, uhh, how are...you?" Pathfinder asked Matchie, trying to not appear as much a fool as she felt. It failed.

Celestia had been avoiding the ballroom. Every year the ballroom was the most droll place to be, however since the rest of the Gala was different she decided to finally make an appearance. Upon first glance it was exactly like every year, slow chamber music, posh ponies that seemed to think that talking was the most fun thing in the world. However a young mare caught her eye, a rather vivacious young mare, full of energy, she didn't really expect somepony to be going on about adventuring in the most animated way in the middle of the ball room to an aging stallion.

Celestia smiled knowing that this was different, but in a good way. She approached the interesting mare in the brightly coloured rainbow dress. "Greetings, it is so nice to see such enthusiastic young ponies at the gala." Celestia looked at her thinking only that she was right out of the Daring Do books that were so popular. "Miss, though your dress is quite lovely, I do think that your outfit is missing a pith hat, or at least it looks like you should have one." Celestia jested, though as much as she jested, she did think a pith hat would suit the young mare, formal regalia or not.

Archived