Animation?

SeptemberRarity

I'm curious of your past experience with animating and the arts but I'm assuming that you have some experience since you're painting/crafting.

Moving along, I myself am not an animator but an enthusiast whom is looking into animation after I've tortured myself with redrawing a bunch of things a million times over. I can point you in the right direction and share what I do know but I can't help you any further from there. Now keep in mind that all these programs I'm about to suggest cost dosh so don't put down any cash unless you SERIOUSLY want to animate for a living.

There's currently three industry standards for animation, Toonboom, Adobe Flash, and Adobe After Effects. Toonboom is more towards traditional animation, it's strength is that it's oriented towards hand drawn frames in comparison to Flash and AE. Adobe Flash is more towards simplistic tweens, reusing goodies with ease via its library, and is great if you want viewers to interact with your flash. I view Flash as the middle ground between ToonBoom and AE, you can do traditional animation and rigging while having the option to add in interactive elements via Actionscript. Finally there's After Effects, I'm a bit hazy on this one but this is primarily specialized towards special effects and rigging models. If you know 2snacks he animates the "Two Best Sisters Play..." series with this as well as Two Best Friends animated content.

Because you want to have a 'true to show' style, you'll want to use Flash and/or After Effects. There's a million tutorials on the net for both programs so really all your resources are just a google search away. While After Effects isn't something I've really dabbled in I have toyed around with Flash. The two best resources I found is via Kirupa and Adam Philips Tutorials @ Bitey. Kirupa has a collection of tutorials which go in depth for most of Flash and how to properly utilize every bit you can. Adam Philips is an Ex-Disney animator so his recommendations in books and his tutorials should not be taken lightly! If you really want to animate look into finding the Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams.

There's my five cents, I bid you adieu. ;)

P.S. If you seriously want to animate you need to at least know how to make a convincing bouncing ball. You'll see the "Bouncing Ball" tutorial over and over in your search I'm sure, it's VITAL that you do it and understand what it's trying to teach you. Learning what Key Frames, Timing, Pacing, etc. is and how to properly utilize them is quite important, don't skimp out on this tut!

I'm curious of your past experience with animating and the arts but I'm assuming that you have some experience since you're painting/crafting.

Moving along, I myself am not an animator but an enthusiast whom is looking into animation after I've tortured myself with redrawing a bunch of things a million times over. I can point you in the right direction and share what I do know but I can't help you any further from there. Now keep in mind that all these programs I'm about to suggest cost dosh so don't put down any cash unless you SERIOUSLY want to animate for a living.

There's currently three industry standards for animation, Toonboom, Adobe Flash, and Adobe After Effects. Toonboom is more towards traditional animation, it's strength is that it's oriented towards hand drawn frames in comparison to Flash and AE. Adobe Flash is more towards simplistic tweens, reusing goodies with ease via its library, and is great if you want viewers to interact with your flash. I view Flash as the middle ground between ToonBoom and AE, you can do traditional animation and rigging while having the option to add in interactive elements via Actionscript. Finally there's After Effects, I'm a bit hazy on this one but this is primarily specialized towards special effects and rigging models. If you know 2snacks he animates the "Two Best Sisters Play..." series with this as well as Two Best Friends animated content.

Because you want to have a 'true to show' style, you'll want to use Flash and/or After Effects. There's a million tutorials on the net for both programs so really all your resources are just a google search away. While After Effects isn't something I've really dabbled in I have toyed around with Flash. The two best resources I found is via Kirupa and Adam Philips Tutorials @ Bitey. Kirupa has a collection of tutorials which go in depth for most of Flash and how to properly utilize every bit you can. Adam Philips is an Ex-Disney animator so his recommendations in books and his tutorials should not be taken lightly! If you really want to animate look into finding the Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams.

There's my five cents, I bid you adieu. ;)

P.S. If you seriously want to animate you need to at least know how to make a convincing bouncing ball. You'll see the "Bouncing Ball" tutorial over and over in your search I'm sure, it's VITAL that you do it and understand what it's trying to teach you. Learning what Key Frames, Timing, Pacing, etc. is and how to properly utilize them is quite important, don't skimp out on this tut!

Thanks for the advice. :D

Why draw the frames over and over? I saw a tutorial where they mentioned just using tracing paper is easiest.

Hmm... I see your point. I've never done animation before, so I'd best start at the beginning and go find out how to make that Bouncing Ball you speak so highly of. xD

Thanks again. ;)

~September