Me, Myself, and Everyone Else (Open)

Monochrome

ooc: This is for you, PrincessStarlight and IcicleFlash! It's also open to anyone else who wants to join. :P Anyways... One of the princesses was experimenting with new spells, but accidentally cast a completely new type of spell. Portals have been opening at random throughout Equestria, pouring out doppelgangers of the opposite gender to the ponies nearest to them. This has caused mixed reactions of panic and fascination, but one thing stands out: What could such an event do to the balance of Equestria? Did these look-alikes come in peace, or were they something of the changeling sort? Ponies are on a mission with, well, themselves, and other ponies to travel to the princesses for answers.

Okay, now, you may have as many characters as you want as long as you can handle them all. I need somebody to play Celestia, and possibly one to play Luna, so ask me if you wish to fill either of those slots.

Your pony’s genderbent self is probably going to have a slightly different name, don’t use the exact same name if you can help it.

No OP, please!

At least three sentences per post, and I’d prefer if it were in third person.

Okay, my intros in next posts…. I’m going to have a few characters. Jump right in if you’d like to join! :D

Monochrome was busily sketching with a pencil on a large notepad, a raven perched on the couch beside her. She stopped for a moment to brush her black mane out of her green eyes, adjust her fez, and stretch out her silver wings. Suddenly, she heard an odd sound coming from her kitchen. It being very late, she automatically feared the worst, slowly edging her way towards the kitchen. "Who's there?! I know taekwondo!" she called before she opened the door, then peeked inside. On the floor laid a pony, disheveled and confused looking. Monochrome jumped high enough that she almost hit the ceiling, and grabbed a frying pan, wielding it like a weapon. And this wasn't only because there was a strange pony in her house... This stallion looked just like her! He appeared, in every way, a masculine version of Monochrome. He slowly looked up, his eyes dizzy, before passing out on the kitchen floor. Monochrome froze for a moment, then poked him with the frying pan. Out cold. She examined him with her artist's eye for detail, and was utterly confused. Same cutie mark, same colors, same paint-splattered hooves, same hat and scarf! She gingerly stepped closer to him, and once she was sure enough that it was safe, she began to drag him by his right hind hoof out of the kitchen. She lugged him to the bedroom, where she heaved him onto the bed. Might as well make my look-alike comfy. The next morning, Monochrome awoke on the couch, and remembered what had happened the night before. Was it a dream? she thought apprehensively, creeping down the hall and peeking into the bedroom, where the eerily similar stallion was just awaking, it seemed. Nope. She approached the stallion. "Uh... Hello. Who, exactly, are you?" Monochrome said slowly as the stallion stared directly at her and froze. "Greyscale." he breathed. Monochrome looked at him longer. "Well, I'm Monochrome. Come on, we have to go out and see if this happened to anypony else." she said, gesturing for Greyscale to follow her. They went out into town, and, sure enough, other ponies had other-gender look-alikes. She and Greyscale ran right into somepony and his/her look-alike. "Sorry!" Monochrome and Greyscale apologized simultaneously.

((I don't know what OP is so can you please tell me?))

Icicle was using magic to brush his teeth wen he heard a Big Bang,startling him.Icicle put down his tooth brush,slowly opening the door to a crack,looking threw the crack,he could see a shy-looking pony that looks just like him,but just with different mane style,and different gender,with the same coat colour,mane colour,and tail colour.Icicle stares threw the crack trying to get a closer look,but that didn't help. ((You said three sentences each put another comment with three sentences ok? ;)))

Icicle slowly opens the door a little more but accidentally trips and falls leaving the door wide open.The unknown creature faints. "Phew!"Icicle says."It's getting dark,I better get to bed." Icicle goes in his living room grabs the unconscious pony and puts her on his couch,putting a blanket on her at the same time.Icicle crawls into bed falling asleep. ((It's nighttime right? XD))

((OP is over-powered, like mary-sues and stuff. And, no, I didn't say only 3 sentences each post, I said at least 3. That means it can have more than 3, like mine did. Got it? :) ))

((OOC: Mind if I join?))

It was a quiet night and the somber night on the road out of town. Presteza was preparing to leave having sold some portraits to some of the city's inhabitants, She always felt a tiny bit sad about selling her work but it was necessary to make ends meet. With her saddlebags of art supplies upon her back she began to stroll out of the town, the streetlamps illuminating her form and giving the streets a slightly eerie look to them. Nearing the gate to the town she was stopped as a bright light shone beside her and a familiar looking stallion appeared beside her.

"...Wot the..." She muttered brow arching inquisitively, staring at the stallion she took notice of his horn and cantered over to him,"Oi! what's the matter, ya lose control of some sorta spe--" She was cut off by the sight of this Stallion wearing not only a hat just like hers, but a scarf just like her own as well... except red. The Stallion was oddly enough seemingly staring tight back at the mare, he had her icy blue eyes, her yellowish tan coat and even her paintbrush (for lack of a better term) ponytail manestyle.

Galloping toward this imposter with an angry glare as he did the same, they both skidded to a halt and pointed hooves at eachother accusingly,"Oi! ya can't go around copyin' other ponies style--" both of them had oddly enough spoken the exact same statement. The mare took a deep breath to calm herself,"I don't know if you're a fan or somthin' but don't go stealing my look! There's only one presteza!" The Stallion snorted derisively back at her,"I could say the same ta you! except we both know that it's Fresco!" the arguing of the two trottingham accented ponies continued for a long while until somepony interjected.

((I'm glad you've joined us, Zoebel! (Anything in particular I should call you, or is that fine? You can call me Nom, by the way.) This'll be fun. :D ))

may as well call me by my oc since she's my avatar and if that's too much of a keyboard full just call me ... er pressy!))

Monochrome and Greyscale found that they had crashed into two ponies who seemed to be artists, like themselves. There was a moment of awkward silence, and Monochrome noticed that these ponies looked almost exactly alike too. "So it isn't just me." she breathed. "Uh, I'm Monochrome... And this is Greyscale. Who are you?" she added, getting up and brushing some dust off of her paint-splattered coat.

both the straw hat wearing mare and stallion's jaws hung open for a moment for a second before they pushed eachother's jaws back into place and took a few steps back from eachother both said in unison,"Alright then... show me your cutie mark ...no you! alright fine ..." they both took a breath and turned around both looking back and jaws dropping again,"um okay..."They both went over to the new mare and stallion and smiled both their best smile,"I'm presteza!" Said the mare. "I'm Fresco!" said the stallion

"Well, nice to meet you." Monochrome and Greyscale said in accidental unison again, giving a half apologetic, half stunned gaze at each other. They both adjusted their crooked fezzes. "Uh, so... You too?" Monochrome said, tilting her head towards Fresco. Then she immediately looked back to Greyscale. "Uh... So.... You wear fezzes, huh?" she remarked awkwardly. "Yeah, fezzes are cool. And bowties." Greyscale responded. Same answer I would have given. Monochrome thought. "Art?" "What do you think this cutie mark's for?" "Sugar? Snack food in general?" "Love the stuff." "Birds?" "One of my two favorite types of animals, next to reptiles." they rattled off questions and answers at each other, pausing to her Presteza's answer to Monochrome's question.

(OOC: sorry forgot to clarify, presteza and fresco wear conical straw hats, through practice and perhaps rp it'll turn into a sunhat, do you want to edit your post? or should i go anyway or wait for out friedn too go?)

The mare nodded and laughed a bit nervously,"I guess so... I thought he was some mad stallion who was impersonatin' me..."She blew a puff of air from her pursed lips to blow some of her mane's thick locks from her eyes. Strolling over to the other mare and looking back and forth between the two and sighing, "honestly I'm still no' sure if he's really not..." glancing over to a nearby flower bed and smirking, she leaned over to Monochrome and whispered into her ear,"Only one way i can know for sure... could you get some daisies from over there and give them to him?"

"Uh... Okay then." Monochrome whispered in return, obviously a bit confused, but not questioning it considering that her male counterpart had showed up out of nowhere last night. Monochrome fluttered over to the flower bed and picked a few of the daisies, then fluttered back and held them out to Fresco, a look on her face that clearly said 'I don't know what exactly this is about.' Greyscale gave a confused glance as well.

The stallion back peddled almost immediately, his nose and muzle scrunching up fiercely before he let out a strong sneeze accompanied by his horn lighting up a brilliant blue and him flying a few feet in air before landing on the ground with a incredibly dizzy look on his face. Presteza tried not to laugh... and failed, laughing loudly and falling over on her back, "By Celestia and Luna, 'e really is a stallion version of me!" Fresco simply rubbed a hoof to his muzzle and growled,"That wasn't funny!"

The mare simply continued to laugh and giggle,"N-no o' course not!"

Archived