Mojo

Mojo

After taking some good advice from many fellow ponies here, I now present a newer (and I hope, better) version of my MLP character:

med_gallery_475_9_8090.jpg

Name: Mojo

Sex: Male

Species: Earth Pony

Pelt Color: Brown with White highlights

Mane/Tail Color & Style: Brown in color, mane in classic 60's style

Eye Color: Blue

Cutie Mark: Peace Sign

Physique: Typical Paint stallion

Residence: Near the Great Nimbusgait Lakes

Motivation: 'Wants to see the world, spread peace and make friends'

Likes: Peace, meditating, selling cool items to fellow ponies

Dislikes: Fighting, arguing, confrontation, using magic

Character Summary: Mojo grew up on one of the many communal farms in the countryside of Equestria. He lived a very sheltered life, content to be working on the farm with his family, but often wondering if there was more to life than farming. His parents were 'free spirits', ponies who encouraged their colt to create works of art (paintings, sculpture, woodcarving, poetry) as well as enjoying folk music (that they often composed themselves). Mojo got his cutie mark at a young age after composing and reciting his first hoofwritten poem about the virtues of peace and love in school. One day while young colt was taking a walk near a river, he heard a loud noise far off and saw a magnificent rainbow stretching in the sky just over the horizon. It caused the young pony to wonder about life beyond the familiar hills and valleys of home. Mojo still loved the farm and his family, but now his craving for adventure was ignited. Inspired by the sight of that rainbow, he dreamed of building a peddler's wagon, filling it with hoofmade items and food from his family's communal farm and trotting off into Equestria to sell them. When Mojo told his parents about his future plans, at first they did not approve. However, as Mojo grew into stallionhood, his persistence persuaded them to support his decision. Later on, he prepared his peddler's wagon and galloped off. His first trip to Ponyville was a memorable one and taught him the value of making new friends. Mojo now saw that the outside world has much to teach him, life lessons he hadn't learned back home. So now the young stallion took a personal quest, to make new friends and sell them his unique items of hoofmade art and wares such as lava lamps, mood bracelets, beaded necklaces and throw rugs all over Equestria. If you happen to see him in your town, trot on over and neigh 'Hi!'

Edited by Mojo
  • Like 1

This is a great start but there are a few tweaks you need to make with this peace loving pony.

How did he get his cutie-mark? What's his village like? Is there a particular reason why they normally don't leave the village? Where are his parents and how did they feel about him leaving? Was there anything that inspired him to do what no pony in his village has done before? Has he learned anything important on his journey so far? Where has he been and where else does he plan to go next?

I just want to know more about this amazing pony :)

BlindJester, I didn't realize you wanted more detailed info on this application.

I will edit my app to address these questions.

(UPDATE) - Editing changes made

Ponies don't usually have the word "pony" in their name. Mostly because it's redundant. I'd consider shortening his name to simply "Mojo" :)

I would argue otherwise. There is a canonized character from "The Best Night Ever" named Pony Joe. And though it may be a nickname, it still sticks with repetitive use. I would imagine that typical dialog with such pony shortens their name over time, as does with most two-part named characters. (e.g. Twilight, Rainbow, Pinkie). It would be a lot easier to implement if Mojo's younger life was spent growing up with other species other than ponies. Then, 'pony' would be so redundant.

I'm not so sure we're keen on the Hippie Lettuce part. While only a reference, it's still a reference to pot and we're not so sure that's the kind of message we want to allow here. While granted this is Equestria and it's a different culture and population than here, it sends up some concerns about the intent and direction this could go. I'm personally not sure I like the idea of Roleplaying a bunch of ponies smoking up here, even in the Crossover section. Gotta be a bit careful about that. However, if you maybe worked it in as some kind of treatment he discovered while studying as a doctor of some kind, that might work out, so long as it isn't the focus. As it is, what he sounds like is a Pot-Peddling pony that travels around Equestria getting everypony high, and based on what I see here I know you mean more than that. The rest of it looks pretty good, though, but he seems an exceedlingly well-traveled pony to have seen -all- the inhabited cities of Equestria, maybe you could suggest he's seen many and seeks to someday see them all? Seems a little more realistic, as we have no way of knowing just how many inhabitations of Equestria there really are or even if it's possible to actually see them all.

Regarding the Hippie Lettuce,

I carry no opinion on people's personal recreational habits, but it's not appropriate for the board or crowd, or intended audience of the show. It's a cute idea, but it's a can of worms I'd rather not open.

Also, Hippiedion is not currently an open Roleplay area as of yet, we have no reference for it or knowledge of its location either in the show or in the roleplay area. While we encourage expansion of Equestria, for the Main RP we're trying to keep to regions specifically mentioned or shown in the show and those regions that have been carefully planned out as fitting and compatible with the Equestria as it's shown in the show.

Please check the LAST entry in this thread for the UPDATED and CORRECTED version of my bio.

THANKS!!!!

:)

In the spirit of my character Skye, "it's cool."

Now, on the origin story, Skye, at the same time you wrote "seems a little more realistic, as we have no way of knowing just how many inhabitations of Equestria there really are or even if it's possible to actually see them all" you reject the concept of Hippiedion. Mojo's backstory really wouldn't work if he came from somewhere like Ponyville or Manehattan or Canterlot. What would be his motivation? A lot of 'real life hippies' came from wealthy backgrounds and were people who wanted to 'shun' mainstream society. I didn't want him to be one of THOSE types. Mojo Pony wanted to EMBRACE mainstream society by choosing to leave the communal life of his village much like an Amish person might choose to leave their way of life. Pinkie Pie obviously left her 'Amish like' home to live in Ponyville. Same idea here. BTW, the word 'hippiedion' comes from the name given to the prehistoric ancestors of modern horses, so the name would 'fit' in the world of MLP.

The reason we reject Hippiedion is because it's had no reference previously in the show thus far and we don't know enough about it to include it just yet. We have Talonopolis as established as we know the Griffons live -somewhere- and it seems logical that they have cities of some sort as well, and so Talonopolis was planned very carefully. Trottingham and Hoofington, while not directly appearing in the show, have been mentioned directly and so we've included them as well as some other areas to go with them because they have been carefully discussed. So if you would like us to include Hippiedion, we're going to need more background information and planning out beforehand. Otherwise, we need one of the previously established areas. I'd almost think that Mojo could even hail from Hoofington, it seems like a pretty laid back place as it is and suitable for a pony who'd want to leave and commune on a more rustic basis. Otherwise, write us up something for Hippiedion and we can see where we can go from there? Put it up in the Questions and Suggestions area, and we can take a good look and maybe hash out details. I love working on culture and background in the world, and establishing the little details of Equestria as a world of its own is something I enjoy very much. We're going to be making some changes quite soon as well, and you've given us some great ideas for how to go about them.

Maybe the whole idea of 'G-rated hippies' in Equestria is one that this MB doesn't want to touch. Although it seems to work in Cars and Cars 2 (with the character Fillmore), perhaps it won't translate well here. That will be up to the mods to decide. I'm willing to remove the other items of concern from Mojo's background. However, from the tone I am hearing here, perhaps I've already opened a 'can of worms' the staff here may not want to deal with.

Now, here's the thing. I read your fic on FA and I think I more properly have an understanding of what else Mojo can do in his travelling sales, and I actually am all for it! So if we edit out the hippie lettuce part, the rest of it can work. A travelling salespony that sells gorgeous 60's-inspired designs and art (even of his own design, possibly!) can totally be worked in. Trixie demonstrates that there are travelling entertainments and we've established in one RP a group of stage-players called the Travelling Players, so a travelling salespony selling his wares is not out of the question. So not so much a 'can of worms', per se, especially considering that you're willing to work out the details that aren't quite appropriate, so sayeth the mods. :o

Please check the LAST entry in this thread for the UPDATED and CORRECTED version of Mojo's bio.

THANKS!!!

:o

Understood. I came in peace, I leave in peace.

Please delete my account, I will not be needing it anymore.

I'm sorry you feel this way, I was looking forward to seeing your Roleplay as you seemed to have quite a lot of enthusiasm for it, and I felt that this character only needed minor changes to fit in with the Equestria as we've established it. Would it be possible for you to reconsider?

Thank you for your kindness, Skye. I confess, I misread your last reply and thought I had goofed up big time. My bad.

Thanks to your encouragement, I have now relaunched the character and hope that this time, I got it 'right.'

I await the decision of the mods.

Thank you for your kindness, Skye. I confess, I misread your last reply and thought I had goofed up big time. My bad.

Thanks to your encouragement, I have now relaunched the character and hope that this time, I got it 'right.'

I await the decision of the mods.

Hello there Mojo, I am glad to see that you have relaunched your application :'3

I wanted to step in and thank you for your understanding and working with Skye; people have commented in the past that our RP seems rather strict, and while that is not our intention, it is one of the byproducts of trying to carry a very cannon RP. To keep things as show like as possible for the Mane RP, as well as available to all ages, takes a lot of little decisions and often results in a lot of creative and good ideas from our users getting snipped before the final approval. We certainly mean no disrespect in our suggestions, and sincerely aim to provide productive, careful feedback to encourage our users instead of dissuade them; but its hard- everyone cares about their OC and the effort they put in.

I am currently in the process of revamping the Crossovers board into something entirely new and expanded- that will be more accepting of outside influences and ideas that would not make it into the Mane RP- one of those ideas is another Equestrian RP that will allow for RP of Equestria in the past, present, and future; and will be more receptive to the outside-cannon ideas that users bring to the table.

No OC in my opinion is ever 'right' or 'wrong'; rather different OC's are appropriate for different RP's. I hope that you will continue to check out the community here as we make changes, and I encourage you to hang on to your original ideas; just because a pony doesnt make it into one RP doesnt mean they dont fit in another- and in this way you can even have multiple versions of one OC.

I'm excited to see you join the RP, and hope that I get the chance to interact with you more. Again, thanks for sticking with it- we all want to see everypony here succeed :3

I am deeply HONORED, Riverhippo!

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!

I really appreciate this! I WILL use it!

Oops! NOW I figured out why I'm not getting any action as far as the approval process is concerned.

I kept re-editing my ORIGINAL post instead of creating a NEW post here with my NEWLY redone bio!

My bad!

Here it is, and thanks to everyone for all of your helpful suggestions!

1303007420.mojorover_my_little_mojo_by_capt_topknot-d3dv9eq.jpg

Name: Mojo

Sex: Male

Species: Earth Pony

Pelt Color: Brown with White highlights

Mane/Tail Color & Style: Brown in color, mane in classic 60's style

Eye Color: Blue

Cutie Mark: Peace Sign

Physique: Typical Paint stallion

Residence: Near the Great Nimbusgait Lakes

Motivation: 'Wants to see the world, spread peace and make friends'

Likes: Peace, meditating, selling cool items to fellow ponies

Dislikes: Fighting, arguing, confrontation, using magic

Character Summary: Mojo grew up on one of the many communal farms in the countryside of Equestria. He lived a very sheltered life, content to be working on the farm with his family, but often wondering if there was more to life than farming. His parents were 'free spirits', ponies who encouraged their colt to create works of art (paintings, sculpture, woodcarving, poetry) as well as enjoying folk music (that they often composed themselves). Mojo got his cutie mark at a young age after composing and reciting his first hoofwritten poem about the virtues of peace and love in school. One day while young colt was taking a walk near a river, he heard a loud noise far off and saw a magnificent rainbow stretching in the sky just over the horizon. It caused the young pony to wonder about life beyond the familiar hills and valleys of home. Mojo still loved the farm and his family, but now his craving for adventure was ignited. Inspired by the sight of that rainbow, he dreamed of building a peddler's wagon, filling it with hoofmade items and food from his family's communal farm and trotting off into Equestria to sell them. When Mojo told his parents about his future plans, at first they did not approve. However, as Mojo grew into stallionhood, his persistence persuaded them to support his decision. Later on, he prepared his peddler's wagon and galloped off. His first trip to Ponyville was a memorable one and taught him the value of making new friends. Mojo now saw that the outside world has much to teach him, life lessons he hadn't learned back home. So now the young stallion took a personal quest, to make new friends and sell them his unique items of hoofmade art and wares such as lava lamps, mood bracelets, beaded necklaces and throw rugs all over Equestria. If you happen to see him in your town, trot on over and neigh 'Hi!'

Actually, what you should do is put your new profile in your first post. Then, simply comment and say that you made changes. You can say what you changed if you want to as well. It also helps the staff, because if someone updates their application but doesn't comment to say they made changes/updates, sometimes the application sinks down because we aren't aware the app has been edited.

Actually, I did that too! The first post is IDENTICAL to the one I just posted at beginning of THIS page.

So, it is done, pending approval of the mods here.

I have had an idea concerning 'Residence'! Is there a particular region he comes from? You can check our map to see where he might hail from regionwise, like Painted Pinto Desert or something like that. That way, if we do open up Hippiedion, you'll have bit of a head start. Plus, I'm currently thinking of ways to smooth out the applications to make them easier and this really gave me some good ideas on how to do it.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Tapatalk

Thanks, Skye!

Added Residence to Mojo's Bio: The Great Nimbusgait Lakes

To quote Cincinnati Bengals Wide Receiver Chad OchoCinco from his podcast several years ago, "Now I'm done!"

:-)

that actually works great. Cause, my OC, Granola Gracie was raised by 'hippie ponies' near the Great Nimbusgait Lakes.

** jumps and shouts like young Twilight Sparkle after she was accepted into Princess Celestia's magic academy **

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

(Am I getting a little carried away here?)

:):(:D:D