Pokemon X and Y

I cannot believe there isn't a thread for this yet. It's been for about a week now! Personally, I have X (with the special edition X-flavored 3DS). Post your teams here! Ask for/give advice here! Avoid spoilers! Get hype! Post friend codes!

Right now, I just finished Gym 4. I was born to be on Team Fenniken. Adorable little pet fox turns into cute witch girl turns into glorious unstoppable wizard. Oh, be still, my aching heart. Rest of the main team (I'm experimenting with a lot of guys, old and new) consists of a Doublade who hungers for the blood of enemy 'Mons and a Gogoat who is a noble steed/freight train.

GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL!

I had to restart cuz my stuff was stolen, but had my friend send me an Absol right after getting my first pokeballs. My team is an Absol who has been my friend since childhood, Froakie, cuz dat ninjaness, Sylveon, who is the most adorable dragon slayer, Charizard no mega, Fafnir the Flygon, and Omni the Pupitar

I restarted the game 29 times to get a female Fennekin. I do not regret.

I'm still early on -- not even to Gym 2 yet. It's a refreshing update for the series. They took out a lot of headache/drag and put in a lot of quality-of-life changes that needed to happen a long time ago. I feel like the game is more respectful toward the time I'm putting into it now, and it's less of a pain to level up anything.

I restarted the game 29 times to get a female Fennekin. I do not regret.

I... got my female Fennekin on my first go. Her name is Kaboodle and I love her to death. It was on the drive down to NYCC and I was musing over the 1/8 chance of getting a girl, knowing I have never ever gotten a female starter before.

I'm still early on -- not even to Gym 2 yet. It's a refreshing update for the series. They took out a lot of headache/drag and put in a lot of quality-of-life changes that needed to happen a long time ago. I feel like the game is more respectful toward the time I'm putting into it now, and it's less of a pain to level up anything.

Words can't describe how much I love the GTS backed by 3DS hardware. I got a Goomy from Spain yesterday and I'm trying to breed for a shiny.

I restarted 10 times to get Amber [my female Fennekin] but she is currently not in my team. I have beaten the game XD! My team: Sylveon [if you need help evolving on please ask!], Scizor, Areodactly, Quagsire, Absol and

Only look if your sure, it's post hall of fame!

MEWTWO!!!!!!!!!!!

And working on EV training, leveling, and Pokemon Amie Affection raising on each!

I... got my female Fennekin on my first go. Her name is Kaboodle and I love her to death. It was on the drive down to NYCC and I was musing over the 1/8 chance of getting a girl, knowing I have never ever gotten a female starter before.

Words can't describe how much I love the GTS backed by 3DS hardware. I got a Goomy from Spain yesterday and I'm trying to breed for a shiny.

AY CHECK ME THOUGH, FEMALE FROAKIE ON THE FIRST SHOT

WHAT'S REALLY GOOD

:DDDD

Also, getting ready to head to the fifth gym. Got the game release day. Team? No official crew yet. But I have to say, Pokemon this year? The series hasn't felt this fresh since '98. It's an amazing transformation that I was always waiting for.

For reference to all (it can't not be asked), Sylveons can be reliably gotten at level 10. Breed yourself an Eevee. It learns Baby Doll Eyes at level 9, which is a Fairy move and a must have. At this time, level up your new furry friend in Pokemon Amie. Give it those cakes, play games, pet, make goofy faces, the works. Ten to twenty minutes of work will earn you this big shower of hearts from li'l Eevee. You are ready. Level up once more. Boom Sylveon.

Current team after Gym 6:

Kaboodle, my Delphox.

Eyelander, my Doublade.

Florence, my Gogoat.

Bubble Berry, my Sylveon.

A yet unnamed Crobat.

There's room for one more! It may be Goomy, if for instance it can learn Surf.

Just finished the main game. My crew:

Dedenne -- Electric + Fairy

Delphox -- Fire + Psychic

Swalot -- Poison

Venussaur (Mega) -- Grass + Poison

Golurk -- Ground + Ghost

Delcatty -- Normal

There are one or two weaknesses here, but that's why I like having a Normal type around. Broad immunities!

I haven't restarted to get anything specific, but I did switch out a lot of mons on the way to the Champ. Kept it nice and challenging that way.

If anyone is interested, I've started a Skype group for Pokémon: The Very Best Channel, along with a google doc of friend codes (all people from around this corner of the Pony community). Message if you want in!

Also, kirby: Gogoat is a total boss.

Ahahaha, this game is absolutely great! I have no regrets in spending most of my weekend beating it! I ended up doing a blind nuzlocke that went pretty darn well. That new XP share is almost unfair, really, but I digress.

My team thusly is

Merlin the delphox (fire/psychic)

Twinkle the talonflame (fire/flying)

Cavalier the furfrou (normal) (and personally my favorite. Such a wall)

Flamberge the aegislash (ghost/steel)

Hurricane the fossil brontosaurus whose name escapes me (ice/rock)

And then I'd rotate slot 6 between Cheshire the sylveon, the title legendary (I have x) and Albi the charizard. I am considering restarting, though, and not using the xp share. Part of me just finds it too easy, even for a pokemon game. Oh, and I'm trying to find a shiny budew, because that black and purple Roselia is gorgeous. :idea:

All in all a good game. To understate it a little.

Anyone fancy a battle?

Friend code is 4098/3117/3152

Completed the game last week, really REALLY enjoyed it. My Fav since Black.

Been spending most of time playing around with competitive, but I prefer big Six on Six battles with friends :)

Current team:

Sir Slicer - Aegislash

Asteria - Starmie

Avari - Vaporeon

Jawliza - Mawile

Athena - Gardevoir

Magmoor - Volcarona

Why have I only noticed this thread just now?

Anyway. My game's showing that I have 27 hours and 32 minutes of play time. Pokemon Y ftw.

If anyone wants to trade/battle, friend code dump: 1864-9739-3337 (Nb: Due to me having to tether my DS to through my laptop which is running off Dorm internet, expect both lag and me not be on most of the time)

Current main team (or, I beat the league on my first run with this team):

Charizard

Delphox

Blaziken

Talonflame

Lapras

Yveltal

My WIP team (Read: Post game league-stomp-expshare-train boredom):

Charizard

Aggron

Blaziken

Gengar

Garchomp (When I breed one)

Greninja

I stopped using Delphox not because of gender (It's a male, though I'd like to breed a female), but because after playing with classics like Blazy and Charchar, something just bugs me about Delphox's combat style.

PS: Aggron megavolution looks like a Kaiju.

Still trying to figure out my own team but for now I have:

~Lance: Aegislash [amazing pokemon too bad not shiny]

~Quagsire

~Sylveon

~Aerodactyl

But I'm not sure what to do with the last 2 spots to cover weaknesses :/ I'm thinking about lucario but then I have 2 with fire weakness.

Still trying to figure out my own team but for now I have:

~Lance: Aegislash [amazing pokemon too bad not shiny]

~Quagsire

~Sylveon

~Aerodactyl

But I'm not sure what to do with the last 2 spots to cover weaknesses :/ I'm thinking about lucario but then I have 2 with fire weakness.

Added you.

It might be worth considering a Fire type to handle Grass pokemon that will OHKO Quagsire and handle steel types that could take out Sylveon.

I can't be PMed? What does it say? I should totally be PMable.

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. My inbox wasn't just full, but OVERfull from back when I was a mod and could hold way more PMs. Should be fixed now. PM away. My skype name is dessa.brewington, so you can request on there too.

• 3 weeks later...