Applejack's Hayride and Barn Party

Hippo

Wishing Well slowly opened her eyes. She was in considerable pain due to her act of foolishness, but at least, she was still alive. The tiny Pegasus filly looked up, though it took several seconds for her eyes to focus in on the face of the pony who was now caring for her.

"I... tried... sir..." she muttered faintly. It is now she came to the realization that her attempt to flee and summon help had failed miserably. It was a fool's errand from the start. Even if somehow, by some miracle Wishing Well had managed to elude capture and fly away. where would she go? The terrain was unfamiliar and it was very dark outside. Now she's made matters worse for herself, for she was completely helpless and unable to resist her captors. Some Nightmare Night this was turning out to be for Wishing Well.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Oh, crumbs!" It had been too dark for Might to see that Wishing Well was actually trapped under the iron bars, but now he could feel it right enough. This was going to be difficult, and possibly painful. He tried his best to comfort the young filly as she looked up to him. "That's alright, no one can ask fairer than that. You saw it coming before anypony else did, that's pretty clever, what?"

After a bit of stumbling, Valen came to help Might. He didn't recognize the voice from the cart, as the "damsel" hadn't been using her native accent until now. But that could wait; first priority was to pry the bars off. "Right, hold on and I'll use my bat to try and lever them." His Cricket bat, being flat-edged, could serve as a lever if he could just wedge it in. Placing the edge right where the bar was resting on Wishing Well, he called out to Valen and whoever else might have managed to get here. "I'll need you all to push together when I count three, and I'll try to get my bat in. Hopefully, that'll open it enough to get her out, alright? One... two... three!" The earth pony colt had a considerably amount of bulk and muscle, and he put all of it into the effort...

After following the others into the barn, the little filly couldn't help but be a little disappointed. "Um. I think some-pony forgot something. There isn't anything in here!", she turned the moment the mare shouted 'surprise'. "Is this is the surprise? I was looking more for treats, not tricks...oh.", she watched in horror as the friendly orange pony shifted into a less friendly and not at all orange changeling, and now both the windows and opening had thick bars, "Oh fiddlesticks.", she muttered. After watching as Wishing Well took a rather short and painful trip into the bars, the Pegasus went to get over as quickly to the other filly, but stopped and fell on her face. "Stupid costume!", she growled after forgetting once again that the sheep-suit held her wings in place. Thankfully the Trottingham colt was quick on his hooves and was already helping the poor girl.

"Those monsters are here in Ponyville!", the filly had remembered seeing the creatures during the big wedding they had in Canterlot not that long ago. Thankfully, the R.E.A had given Wind Walker and the other students she was with time enough to find safety in one of the nearby buildings. While many here may have heard of these monsters, she was worried that Tourmaline or even the older colt might not be aware of the Changelings. "As you know..", she grunted as she removed her costume, "These Changelings can turn into anything they encounter, so we can't trust our eyes.". Once her costume was removed, she unfurled her wings and flew to the ceiling, "We might not be able to break the bars, but I wonder if there's any bad or rotten wood in this old barn."

Once she was sure she found a bad section of the wall or ceiling, she struck at it with her back hooves as she hovered, "Uh!", she grunted, "We need to go find my sister and my daddy! They're both officers in the R.E.A!", she struck once again, hoping she could bust their way through.

Mistral chuckled slightly even after the filly yelled at her,"Heh... sorry about that." The pegasus smiled at her and paused as she noticed one of the passengers was hurt. Suddenly her smirk was replaced by the thought of just getting everypony out of here. A trap like this should could admire in a twisted sort of way, but when somepony actually got injured any trick or ruse had gone way too far to be respectable.

"Sorry about dat... What was your name? actually tell me later. We got bigger questions now. Think you can help that stallion with pushing and helping the others get out?" Suddenly the mare seemed a lot more serious. Her tone was hushed so that their host could barely make out what she was saying. "I'm gonna go help out dat filly up there... I hope this goes better than I'm thinking it will." With that Mistral took a few steps away from everypony else and looked like she was getting ready to blast off... and sure enough she did. Much like how she first showed up she shot into into the air looking like a wihite blur that shot upwards towards the bad section of roof Wind walker was working on and crashing through it.

"Gah!" The mare yelped in pain as she felt her body collide with the wood and her wings showered with splinters, losing her concentration she fell right out of the sky and landed on the roof.

"Gotta remember never ta try dat again..."

HarvestBanner2.png

Or they could..ignore her and try to attack a creature not there anymore... Harvest huffed and glanced up at the roof again ... "Are any of you a Unicorn?If so can you use your horn to light this place up!? It's blacker than Chrysalis's heart in here!" She hoped that SOMEPONY would listen to her...In the dark she couldn't see the stars,she was trapped..her heart was pounding in her chest, and her wings flapped rapidly to keep her off the ground but....

Harvest lowered herself to the floor and glanced up at the ceiling, eyes narrowed as she crouched and spread her wings, flying up hard and fast, SMACKING into the roof to try and break a hole in it..she cringed dropping, but repeated the motion again, hearing a crack!

She was making progress!

peaches_banner_zps2ed8500c.png

Peaches gackled at the ponies. They were all going in different directions, some of them not even tuned into what was going on, while others panicked with no plan. It was amusing. However, it wasn't really getting the job done, and Peaches was hungry. "Hehehehehe, you foolissh poniess. Thought you were gettin' a little ssurprisse and ended up getting more than your little ssweet ssmiles could hope for. Hehe, here's hoping you have a good time at the party!" Peaches threw the remaining candy he had in his possession into the caged barn.

A small orange colt tried clanking his way out but failed momentarily. Silly pony. No pony, evenwith great strength, will be able to bend those bars. When the colt looked back and cried for help, Peaches decided to try his first feed. The changeling fly to the side of the building and was suddenly out of sight.

banner_applejack_zpscd51b6b0.png

From behind Valen on the other side of the bars, appeared Applejack. She grabbed Valen from behind him, and held him through the bars in a hug of sorts. "Shhh... its me, Applejack. Look at me!" Applejack peered into Valen's eyes. "I'm gonna get you outta here. Don't you worry." Applejack's eyes watered, and waited for his acknowledgement.

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

ValenOrange1withtext.png

Valen kept up as strong as he could, his legs quaking with effort. They had to get that gate off of the little filly's wing, or else there wasn't anything anypony here could to save her. But finally Batsman realized what was going on and they braced themselves up against the bars. Better late than never, especially for little Wishing Well. Valen was happy to have the help in any case. He wasn't some weak-willed, weak-boned nerf pony but he wasb't going to win any competitions. Heck, Batsman seemed to have more muscles on him than Valen had books on his bookshelf and that was something to say. Valen was a voracious reader, almost as much as Babs was a voracious eater!

On three, Valen pushed as hard as he could along with Batsman. Nopony else had come to try and help with lifting the bar off of the filly, not at all. That left it to the two of them, which was not nearly enough. But they had to do it or else Wishing Well had wished her last...wish. Valen pushed as much as he could, his whole body shaking and turning a shade of orange he didn't know he had. The lower half of his costume started to rip as his hind legs pushed, and his face ate so much dirt as he pushed. He started to cry with exertion into the dirt, his cries muffled as he still couldn't free his forelegs from the binding. He still shook, his body arched, and finally the bars lifted a few inches- just enough for the little filly to get out. He helped hold it long enough for the filly to get out, and then collapsed on his side on the bars, panting and face covered in dirt.

"We got...her out!" Valen finished with a smile, ready to accept this small victory. His hind legs hurt, but he had enough energy to try and struggle free of his bounds. Once he was free, he could crawl and hide in a corner. He was good at being a damsel in distress, but maybe he'd be better at being a hay bale and ride out the changeling storm. He never claimed to be a brave pony.

Just as these thoughts crossed his mind, Applejack hugged him across the bars good and tight. Good sense told him to be wary, but good sense had abandoned him earlier. His bound front legs poked out of the bars connected to his chest, so the hug was nice and tight too. Didn't matter- he planted a barrage of kisses on Applejack.

"Oh Sweet Celestia Cousin Applejack, you're okay! I thought-" He shook his head, "doesn't matter what I thought! Get this off of me and get us out, please!" He begged, daring a glance back.

"Everypony, Applejack's snuck back! Let's help her get these bars up!"

Curiosity stepped off the train at Ponyville station, cussing as one of the struts got caught in the doorway. Tonight was turning into a real problem; he had snuck away from Canterlot in plenty of time to get here but now a train delay had meant it was already dark. With a tug the strut came free, leaving some cotton wool trapped on the latch. He pulled it off and shut the door in time for the train to pull away then spent further minutes readjusting the struts, replacing cotton wool and fluffing up his cloud costume before turning round to enter Ponyville.

They certainly had the ambience down! It was pitch black in most areas, with some strange green flashes elsewhere and there was absolutely nopony visible in the station or on the street as he trotted toward the outskirts. Where was everypony? Where were the ponies from the train?

A few lanterns and lights were visible on the path to Sweet Apple Acres but it was a great deal more ominous looking in the dark, the friendly trees he remembered from his last visit now looked as if they housed any number of ghosts, timber-wolves and other creatures and his mind was not put to rest as he approached the advertised 'Hay ride'.

"Huh. That's sure something. Dunno if you ought to be so jolly quick to talk about fools. I mean, almost nopony here has ever heard of cricket, and they all look at me like I'm an idiot when I try to explain the rules. Some ponies might think it a little foolish to work so hard on clothes you'll only wear for one night. Guess we all look like fools to somepony."

Tourmaline gave a small nod. This colt had a pretty smart way of looking at things. Perspective was important to consider. However, she'd argue that a truly foolish pony would be a fool from most any angle observed. Perhaps the reasons Imperial sheep were popular could be explained, but rationalization alone could not wipe clean absurdity. Regardless, she was curious of the cricket this pony spoke of. A game of some sorts? Perhaps a sport? Whatever it was it either hadn't reached the Empire or Tourmaline had never paid it any mind. Perhaps it was both. Unfortunately for Tourmaline, the conversation had to end just then. They were in the barn and then suddenly their orange cart driver turned to them.

"Surprise! Hah hah hah hah ha! Grrrr... Kzwaaauuuuh!"

Suddenly there were iron bars around them and the orange mare had turned into what was obviously a changeling. The crystal filly's eyes went wide at this development. Did things like this happen regularly on Nightmare Night? Was this part of the entertainment? she might have been tempted to believe as much, as seeing the transformation of a real life changeling certainly had her entertained, but the rest of the group seemed terrified. When this in turn lead to the injury of one of the group, Tourmaline could only assume this was very much not apart of the plan.

"Those monsters are here in Ponyville! As you know..These Changelings can turn into anything they encounter, so we can't trust our eyes. We might not be able to break the bars, but I wonder if there's any bad or rotten wood in this old barn."

Wind Walker spoke to inform, showing herself to be one of the less prone to panic of the ponies assembled. Toumaline could only assume that this came from her military upbringing. All the same, she gave a nod.

"They look somewhat dissimilar to how Moon describes them in the Saga, but it's still unmistakable," Tourmaline started, still not entirely sure how to react. "it is my understanding that these changelings are not so noble as those of the Desert Valley Kingdom..." She gave a firmer nod. "We need concentrate on finding any means of escape we can." she added, though in truth, she wasn't really sure how to do this. She may have had a convincing replica of General Animus' battle staff, but she was hardly a blood mage and it was really just a wooden stick with a dull piece of metal slotted into it. Maybe that was enough though? it was sturdy and could be used as a blunt implement.

Noticing Wind fly up and try and find loose spots in the ceilings and walls, Tourmaline called out to her extending the staff, "Here! Hit it with this. perhaps it will help to loosen some of the wood!"

"Oh Sweet Celestia Cousin Applejack, you're okay! I thought-doesn't matter what I thought! Get this off of me and get us out, please! Everypony, Applejack's snuck back! Let's help her get these bars up!"

Tourmaline's eyes went to the other foal she had enjoyed conversing with, the filly in the maiden's dress. She was at some bars, conversing with what appeared to be the same mare who had trapped them in the barn and transformed into the changeling. The filly, apparently cousins with this mare, seemed ecstatic, but Tourmaline was unconvinced.

"Now what proof do we have that this one is genuine? I'd hardly think a changeling would be acting independently; there have to be more in the area. This is likely and organized strike, in which case I imagine the enemy would have done proper research of primary targets," Tourmaline started, stepping toward the two.

"it would be not unlike the plan employed by Prince Bathos and Captain Priamel to lure the besieged Ichor into a false sense of security by both impersonating the beautiful Hexis in chapter seventeen of The Gates to Darkness, the second book in Moon's saga," she added, recalling the colorful scene.

207klk0.jpg

Throughout all the pandemonium, Babs Seed… froze up. Lacking a plan of her own and having trouble adjusting to the pitch-black darkness, the filly didn’t risk doing anything… at first. Better to stay put and remain somewhat safe than accidently hurt herself by blundering around, right?

The equation changed significantly when Babs heard Valen’s voice rang out that Applejack came back to rescue them. Considering what little she knew of changelings, Miss Seed highly questioned that claim, especially since the thug who captured them all masqueraded as AJ. As Babs tried hearing her way towards the source of the newest commotion, she overheard Tourmaline expression similar views of doubt. It what seemed like forever, the Knight made her way over to the iron bars, and could vaguely see AJ on the other side.

Time to put this newest Applejack to the test! “Hey big cuz!” shouted the armored Babs in her down-to-business look; “What happened to me during ‘da last Summah Hawrvest Parade?” The real AJ would know the answer to that question, given the awful mess that happened then.....

Valen was the only other pony who threw any muscle behind Might's as he tried to lever the iron bar off the poor filly. Really, the whole business only took a few seconds, but it felt more tense and exhausting than a morning-long stand at the wicket. Probably because a lot more than the Ashes was at stake here. Muscles stood out like ruts on the pitch beneath the colt's chocolate coat as he strained at his bat, fractionally raising the bar trapping Wishing Well underneath.

"R-r-r-r-right-HO!" It was all over in less than a second; the gap was opened, the filly tumbled out, and the bar slammed down, breaking off a large chunk of his bat. Right now, though, Might wasn't paying attention to that. He still had to examine her for injuries.

"Hm, right; skin's broken, have to bandage that; I don't think the ribs are cracked, but please don't move much. Oh blast it, not enough light. Can't any of you give me a little light?" Concerned as he was with treating her, he missed most of the other happenings in the dark, so when he heard the cracking of the roof, the return and subsequent doubting of Applejack, he could only look around in bewilderment.

The little blue filly stopped her rather feeble attempt at knocking a pony-sized hole through the barn ceiling the moment she heard what sounded like Applejack's voice. Curious to see if it was in fact the real McCoy, she quickly made her way back to the ground near Babs and Valen, "If you're the real Applejack, you'll probably remember this..", she couldn't help but grin as the words left her mouth, "Not that long ago when you were doing the whole 'kissing both-apple-thing', my sister's friend Zelda...The black furred griffon girl said something to you before you smooched her. You had the funniest look on your face and I think you blushed a little. Also, for the bonus round, what was the name of the crazy unicorn that .", she tried to keep up a brave face for the moment, but she was desperate to hear from her sister and father, "Went extra-crazy and threw you in some sort of magic-bubble-thing?"

Now Wishing Well was fully awake. Her head hurt, but aside from that, there was no other severe damage to her little Pegasus body. Looking at her surroundings, things were not looking good for the group. There was little now for the injured filly to do but to sit and wait for whatever was to come. No rescue seemed to be coming, no way to get a message to any other pony either. Her feelings of guilt quickly vanished, now replaced with a eerie sense of uncertainty.

"Is there anything we can do to get out of this stupid cage?"

bannerchange_zpsb5c223a5.gif?t=1383545320

Peaches absorbed Valen's cousin love for Applejack. The kisses graced on him fed him well, and liked it. "Yesss!" Peaches reverted back to his changeling chitin self. He realized right away that the foals would be too smart to be fooled for too long. So he rested his ruse and gackled. "Hehehe! You poniess think you're so ssmart, don't you! It may be so easy for figure out with a little questioning if I'm who I ssay I am. Yess! I am Peachess, and thiss is my real form, but don't blink, or I'll turn into the thingss you leasst expect."

Peaches gackled, not immediately paying attention to the pony who was trying to escape through the top of the barn. "That crysstal pony iss correct! Us changelingss don't work alone. Our Queen works us in unisson, where we thrive and overtake our enemiess..." Peaches grabbed the bars and licked his lips at Valen. "...our mealss. In fact, what makes you think there aren't any accomplicess in the cage with you now?" He smiled evilly at the ponies. "Better watch your sstep! Your friendss may not be who you think they are."

Suddenly, Peaches heard a slammer on the roof. He gasped, but then growled. He jumped up and fly to the roof, seeing immediately the pony who had cracked through the roof. The hole was small, but big enough for that pony to crash through. Still on the roof, Peaches pounced on the pony, pinning them to the roof and screamed at them. "PCCZZAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!"

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Curiosity approached the dark barn, taking in the barred windows, the darkness and a mournful looking Applejack conversing sadly with a young colt who looked trapped within. This was amazing! Canterlot was always so bright on nightmare night and while that was great for the youngsters it really took away from the spookiness and frights.

It would have to be Applejack that was the first pony he saw though. He sighed. Despite choosing to come here first he was still a little nervous about speaking to someone as pretty famous as she was. Maybe his disguise would work and he would not be recognised under his cloud costume. Taking a deep breath as he approached, he started to sing,

"Nightmare night! What a fr....", and just then his impeccable timing was illustrated by the realisation that the ponies inside the barn may not be acting and a terrible sight rising toward the roof of the barn. An image and sound that bought back horrifying memories of the Royal wedding in Canterlot...

ValenOrange1withtext.png

Valen was on top of the world, considering the situation he was in. Obviously being at the mercy of Changelings was one of the lower points of the equation but if they had Applejack, they had a chance. She was big and strong, fast and smart, and one of the best ponies in Equestria. Valen certainly heard others around him doubting the veracity of the pony he was hugging. He understood. It made sense. Maybe it was true. It was probably true. But he wasn't going to begrudge himself a belief that maybe his cousin had turned out just fine, maybe she was going to rescue them, rescue him, and the fact that may lead to an awkward conversation be ****ed. It was a fine belief. A belief that blew up in his face, or rather just changed.

He couldn't really feel himself being siphoned for power via his love, though once the changeling did change which Valen could feel through the soft pelt becoming hard chitin he did feel as though he'd been punched and his breath was stolen from him for a moment. He fell backwards onto his flank, which sent a sharp pain up one of his legs- yep. Judging by the way he tipped over just about then ad held it, a torn muscle. Great. Great, torn muscle and changeling that was looking at him still. He didn't like being referred to as a meal, but then again he had been. He felt like punching the changeling but that option was insane for more than one reason, not least of which was it flying away to the roof. He heard a thump and assumed one of the silly pegasi team members trying to escape was on his or her way to painville. Which was where Valen was, as he limped away from the bars, his mind tracking what the changeling had said. Maybe it was true? But if so, who could it be?

Whoever it was, they needed love and affection and attention to thrive. Who could...just then, Valen fell down.

"Gaahhhhh...my leg, uggh. I think I tore something pushing that gate up!"

((Gah, I've been so busy lately I almost forgot to get back into this! D: ))

Marbles slowly inched out of the hay, upon hearing many concerning happenings. First, there was a cry of pain as somepony apparently had become trapped beneath the heavy bars. Then there were many sounds of shuffling about, thuds as if somepony was kicking a wall, and metallic creaking as the others strained to lift the bars from the filly... Marbles finally ventured fully out of her hiding place as she heard a few different ponies call for any unicorn within the barn to cast some light into the heavy darkness in this place. Marbles quietly walked up behind the group around the hurt filly and stood behind them for a moment. Marbles strained for a moment, and her small horn finally let off a feeble but adequate golden glow after a moment.

Wind Walker frowned deeply as the little ounce of hope she had that the pony behind the bars was in fact Applejack was in fact the same Changeling as before. “You’re really sick, you know that?”, Wind Walker growled as she hovered in place, “Bunch of nasty cockroaches you are. Think you’ve beaten us! Ha!”, she let out a sarcastic chuckle, “When my daddy and Princess Celestia find you, they’ll make sure to stomp you for good!” The filly put up a brave face, but she was still filled with fear and worry. Not only was she now worried about her sister and father, there were also the other kids in the barn that didn’t look so good. Poor Wishing Well appeared to have a bruise on her head, and Valen looked even worse. She knew she had to do something, but what?

As she pondered what to do, she felt something as it fell through the newly created hole in the ceiling. It was mostly dust, dirt and bits of wood. "Apparently it was more than enough for one of the ponies to escape through, which did not please their jailer. Worried for that pony’s life, the little Pegasus pony quickly made her way towards the pair, “Get your nasty hooves off her or I’m gonna cream, you Peaches!”, while she probably could work a little harder on her battle-cries, the filly aimed to slam into the dark creature, hoping to knock it off the currently pounced pony.

OOC: The escaped Pony is Harvest Moon? Wasn't 100% sure, but I wanted to be safe..

Might was not one to be deterred from a single purpose once he'd set himself on it. From what he could determine, which wasn't much, he was the only pony present with any kind of injury-treating experience. Not that a low-light environment made it easy. Luckily enough, a little filly, who reminded him a bit of a younger sister at home, illuminated his working space.

"Oh, jolly good! Just hold still while I get out the bandages-" Wait, no, he didn't have any with him. Blast it, any spare cloth? He looked down, and sighed. Cricket uniforms were not exactly cheap, but some things mattered more. He reached down with his teeth and tore a strip of lining off his lapel. Taking the cloth, he wrapped Wishing Well as best he could. "Right. Hopefully the cuts won't bleed too much; just didn't want any dirt causing infections."

The large colt let out a deep breath, wiping his forehead with a hoof, before moving on to Valen. "Dashed careless of you; won't be of much good to anypony if we all get hurt." A quick check-up of his leg confirmed his suspicions. "Torn muscle, alright. I'd say you want to stay off it and eat salty cheese, but we don't have any, and you may have to move quickly if we get a way out. I'll stick by you here, and carry you both if I have to, OK?"

Might was trying his best to stay calm in the crisis. Besides the one pegasus who'd broken a hole in the roof, he was the oldest present, and probably a leader by default. He sighed, looking up at the only aperture of escape so far. Not an option for him or his charges at present. *I hope Psmith's in a better position than I am right now.*

207klk0.jpg

Babs Seed’s suspicions didn’t steer her wrong, for the changeling reverted back to his original form rather than pathetically attempt to answer the Manehattan filly’s questions. What Peaches needed to do was shut his trap now; nopony wanted to hear his loathsome taunting. Babs especially didn’t care much for his threat about there being disguised changelings in the cage. “‘Dat doesn’t make any sense!” she boldly questioned; “Why would some dumb bugs wanna’ trap ‘demselves in here with us?”

Before Peaches could answer, Valen Orange screamed out in pain, and Babs hurriedly rushed to his side. Oh, Babs was going to get it now! If her parents were originally going to turn a blind eye to her transgression, they weren’t now thanks to cousin Val’s injury. Babs was going to get the blame for Valen getting hurt, as she was the filly that dragged him off to Ponyville… and danger, in the first place.

Worries about punishment would have to wait, since Babs Seed had a cousin to help! I can carry my cuz,” the Knight offered to Might; “And you can take ‘dat other kid.” Hovering her head above Valen’s, Babs then asked with a disguised hint of concern; “You ‘dink yah can manage, Val.....?”

On the roof of the barn laid Mistral. The pegasus' plan to break through the roof had worked... but it came at a cost. Apparently the young con-mare's escape came at the cost of her flight, at least for now. Her right wing was numb with pain and at this point she couldn't tell whether it was a sprain or if she had broken something. Right now though her own injuries took a backseat in her mind as she remembered that there were still some ponies below that needed help.

"Ugh... dis night just keeps gettin' worse..." Pulling herself to her hooves she made her way past the hole she left in the roof and made her way to the front door of the barn. As she looked out to the town she noticed things looked... fuzzy.

"W-wait a sec..." the mare thought to herself as she noticed her snout lacked her glasses she began to look around and took a step back... which was followed by a crunch sound that made her freeze. Looking down she noticed her glasses were now crushed to bits under her hoof.

"Like I said... just keeps gettin' worse."

Suddenly, Peaches heard a slammer on the roof. He gasped, but then growled. He jumped up and fly to the roof, seeing immediately the pony who had cracked through the roof. The hole was small, but big enough for that pony to crash through. Still on the roof, Peaches pounced on the pony, pinning them to the roof and screamed at them. "PCCZZAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!"

Suddenly the pegasus found herself pinned under the changling who had captured them. The changeling who had previously taken on applejack's role promptly screamed at her, the combined act of the pinning and scream making Mistral wince and grimace in pain. For a few moments Mistral just laid there and looked at the changeling and then coughed,"Ya know... pal yer breath really stinks, ya'd think with fangs like yours you're species would believe in dental care." With that teasing remark the mare began trying to push the changeling stallion off of her. Mistral was made for speed, not for combat so she didn't really have much strength to use to push him off so instead she only went for a simple kick in the gut to get him to back off.

peaches_banner_zps2ed8500c.png

Peaches held Mistral down, the pony struggling to escape his hold. When suddenly, Mistral pointed out the bad breathe. Peaches looked pensive, and drew back, and held his foot to his mouth. He breathed on it and smelled panting immediately to the horrid smell that was coming from his mouth. His ears plastered against his head in embarrassment, and he was so distracted he lost composure against the pony he was struggling against, and the pony successfully pushed him off.

He flew off the barn side and hit the ground backside first right in front of the barred barn door. The shake of the barn roof and the commotion cause a shovel to fall off the side of the barn into plain view and reach just outside the bars. The shovel, however, was none of Peaches concerned. He stood back up and growled, flapping his wings and flew to the pony who was giving him trouble once again. He landed right in front of her carefully predicting Mistral's first move.

The first instinct of the young stallion was to flee. Flee from this slice of nightmare that had come to what he thought was a peaceful Backwood town. Then the cries of ponies and a flash of magic from the barn made him pause, there was an unmistakable pitch to at least one... There were youngsters in there! He was not too far from the barn and luckily the thing had not heard his stupid attempt at singing. He took a couple of quick steps toward the barn, glancing toward the roof before making a mad dash toward the wall and mashing his costume as he pressed himself up against it.

A scuffle and indistinct words from the roof showed that this changeling at least was occupied so Curiosity used his magic to remove his costume as he crept along the wall toward a barred door from where an ominous looking glow spilled across the dust. 'Sweet Luna, at least let me get the little ones out of here', he thought as he struggled with the costume struts. 'Anything else would be nice too. Also, if your magic does let you hear us when we honour your name at night, there are changelings attacking Ponyville so some Royal guards would be very helpful. Um, Your Royal Highness.'

Having reached one entrance to the building Curiosity risked sticking his cotton wool clad head into the light. It seemed his fears were confirmed as, by the glow of a young unicorn's magic, he saw a number of distressed ponies, several of whom looked injured. He tapped the bars a few times in an effort to get someponies attention just as it occurred to him.... What could he actually do now?

Tourmaline's concerns soon proved to be on the mark. Of course they were. It was too easy for the impersonated mare to just be anywhere near to them. It reeked of subterfuge. Such a plainly obvious ploy did prove one thing however, this changeling they were dealing with was hardly clever. In fact, as she watched him act like a fool and recoil at the smell of his own breath and inadvertently place a shovel to use as a weapon in hoof's reach of them, she was pretty sure this changeling was a simple fool. He hardly had the charm and wit of Prince Bathos or the grace and raw acumen of Captain Priamel.

Now, Torumaline was pretty eager to show this fool for what he was. Fools should never win. Cunning was power. Those without it were as good as worthless. What's more, seeing him deceive and injure the filly she had just enjoyed such a find discourse on Moon's saga with left a bad taste in Tourmaline's mouth. That said, her options still seemed limited. She had a mind to grab the shovel up and slam it into his chitinous face. There were a few problems with this idea, however, most of which stemmed from her own lack of physical ability. She was small, even for her age and regularly forewent physical education classes at school to sit and pour over dense volumes of literature. She was not physically strong by any measure and would very likely not be able to even lift the heavy metal shovel. Seeing how dim this changeling was, she wondered if she couldn't at least take hold of the changeling's attention so that someone else might claim the shovel and use it before the changeling noticed. She nodded and held out her battlestaff.

"Ha!" she started. "You really think your weak tactics of deception are going to win the day?" She gave a hard laugh and tsked. "With his battlestaff, General Animus cut out the heart of the changeling prince Bathos and then used his bloodmagic to systematically lay waste to an elite army of one hundred changelings from the Desert Valley Kingdom, all of whom were far stronger and cleverer than the likes of you!" she declared brazenly getting even closer. "Empowered as I am by his cloak and staff, you'll fall just the same. Whatever power you may posses is as good as meaningless compared to true strength!" she continued, hoping somepony would catch onto her little diversion before the changeling actually decided to attack her.

Marbles' focus wavered as a few words of the Nightmare Night tune drifted from somewhere nearby. Suddenly, something tapped the bars at the door. Expecting to see yet another changeling leering at them, Marbles had a brief moment of panic and her magic flickered a bit. However, she composed herself and shakily stepped forward, bathing the face of the one outside in the golden glow of her magic. It was, in fact, not a changeling, but a normal pony stallion dressed as... Marbles couldn't really tell what he was dressed as, apart from that it was very fluffy.

"H-hello..." Marbles said unsurely, not entirely believing that this wasn't another changeling playing mean tricks.

It didn't seem like anypony else had noticed the stallion yet- they were, understandably, focused on the changeling and those injured.

Archived