Applejack's Hayride and Barn Party

Hippo

There was much going on all around the injured tiny Pegasus filly. If she had only not tried to fly out of the cage when the iron door came down! But she did and Wishing Well was learning a valuable lesson in being patient instead of panicky. There wasn't much for her to do, other than remain still, rest, and watch as all of the older ponies tried to deal with the changling threat. Hopefully, the rest of the group could hold the terrible horde off until help arrived. Time was running out. Nightmare Night would soon be over and there's a sure chance that there would be no fun going on at Sweet Apple Acres tonight. No dance, no food, no anything outside of fighting for survival.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"What, oh?" Seems that Valen's cousin had finally arrived over. Might was a little relieved at that; while he could play "horsey" for more than one of his little siblings at a time, he knew from experience that he could only safely gallop with one. "Well, if it's not too much trouble, I'm obliged. Now, we can't fly, so how do we get out?"

It was a good question. The remaining active Pegasi were currently dealing with Peaches, their captor, but since they got out through a hole in the roof, that way was not open for the rest of the ponies. The barn was well-built, the Apple family always tried to make their buildings as sturdy as possible. No rotten wood could be kicked out of the walls, and the door was firmly barred.

But, if it wasn't locked, than anypony outside could let them out. Still, Peaches was occupying the escaped pegasi, and they couldn't rely on passerby-

Or maybe they could. Their little "flashlight," Marbles, had zoned in on somepony tapping from outside. Might walked up to the area, whispering out, hopefully loud enough to get the stranger's attention without getting Peach's. "Oy, help us out here; unbar the door! The guard should be busy, but hurry!"

MIstral couldn't help but chuckle as the changeling inspected his breath,her attempt to get him off her was a success! Watching the foalish changeling take a plunge off the roof was a hoot... if a bit blurry from her perspective. Suddenly she saw what appeared to be an indistinct mass that resembled peaches when he flew back up in an attempt to confront her again. This changeling was without a doubt an amusing guy but mistral knew peaches wouldn't likely be pulling any punches. She wasn't sure how experienced this stallion was in a fight but she had to try and tip the odds in her favor... perhaps teasing him may help. Her ears perked slight as she heard a bit of commotion down below. If the other prisoners were escaping she had to make sure she kept This Changeling's attention as long as possible. She was lucky so far that the stallion was so focused on her at the moment... and even luckier he drew so close. If he'd kept his distance she would have been at a major disadvantage.

"Y'know if you took better care o' yaself. you'd be kinda handsome... in a chitinous parasitic pony monster sorta way." Said the mare with a playful smile as she took a few steps closer, hoping Peaches would let his guard down... so she could knock him on his back by delivering a well places blow to the muzzle.

Curiosity was glad that his tapping had attracted the right type of attention but as the little filly's magic showed more of the scene he began to lose control of his breathing. There were a number of ponies inside the barn and one tiny pegasus filly in particular looked to be in a very bad way.

"Is-is she okay?", Curiosity whispered, nodding his head toward the youngster just as she blinked.

Sighing in relief that she was at least conscious, he addressed the older stallion speaking to him.

"Of course, yes", looking at the bars his tone changed, "but... there is nothing to unbar! There are just... BARS!"

Knowing that it would be useless, he tried to lift and then bend the bars anyway, blue magic coalescing around them before flickering away. The bars did not move an inch. Sighing again he tried a last resort and pushed a small amount of electricity through the metal, feeling with his magic that there was nothing to power as sparks almost instantly grounded out of the base of the bars.

"Calm, calm, calm", he muttered to himself as he looked up at the now quieter roof, "I-I really do not know what to do mister, um, sir.... Can you see any mechanisms or such inside? Is there, perhaps, some kind of big... farm... rake that you are aware of that I could fetch or-or...." Curiosity waved his forehooves vaguely as he tried to both think and seek advice.

"A rake...?" Marbles mumbled ponderingly, her attention beginning to wander again.

She suddenly focused on something on the ground just outside the barn; it was something metal that gleamed coldly in the moonlight.

"Uh, mishter..." Marbles said slowly, unsure if the stallion was listening or not as he spoke with the stallion inside the barn. "What about that shovel?" she added, a bit more loudly.

Wind Walker was not a very happy pony! Not only did she miss the chance to deliver a very clever battle cry along with giving that nasty bug-pony a whooping, it seemed even more kids were hurt on her watch. After catching sight of the recently opened ceiling-hole, the filly quickly flew through it. While she pondered the need to go find help, her eyes quickly fell upon a good view of Ponyville and it seemed they were not the only ones who needed help. "Holy socks.", she gulped and again, her mind was filled with fear. Not only fear for herself, but fear for her family and fear for the others. As she wondered what use she could be, the Pegasus noticed that the changeling formally known as 'Applejack' was dangerously close to the Pegasus that created the barn hole. And now it looked like Tourmaline was egging the monster on! Wind couldn't let that monster hurt the Crystal Pony! "That poor girl has already been through enough.", she thought to herself. There was only one thing she could do.

"Hey! Pick on somepony your own size!", the filly called out as she swooped down onto the larger creature. "You know why they gave you that name?", she played a rather impressive drum solo on the changeling's noggin with her two front hooves. "Cause you're as ugly and as smelly as bowl of rotten peaches!"

banner_applejack_zpscd51b6b0.png

An orange mare started running up to the barn. She wore a stetson hat, and featured three apples on her flank. Her blond locks smacked her withers as she galloped. She got to the barn, seeing as it was barred, and started looking around. She saw a shovel and took it. "We're gonna git you outta here!!" Applejack started digging underneath the bar door, which was just solid dirt.

After what seconds that seemed like hours passed of her digging,she finally made it big enough to squeeze herself inside the barn. "Everypony out! Quick!" She started hustling the smaller ponies first, pushing them towards the hole.

peaches_banner_zps2ed8500c.png

Peaches started blushing. Mistral was making him feel pretty neat. Maybe he could look nicer. A few pedicures maybe? Maybe replace bad habits with good habits...

But the he heard something in the barn. And when he looked through the hole, he could see the orange mare he looked like freeing his prisoners. Angerily, he jumped off of Mistral and realized that it was all a diversion. A ploy. How could he have ever believed that he might be able to improve himself. He was a changling. And that was never going to change. He dropped into the barn and made his way to attack Applejack. FOR THE QUEEN!!

buck_off_by_dqpb41-d5ahc4h.jpg

"EVERYPONY RUN!!!!!"

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

(last post)

Little Wishing Well heard the REAL AppleJack call out for everypony to run. So with all the strength she could muster, she flew out of the now open cage. She flew off, far away from the cage as fast as her little wings could carry her. The little Pegasus filly was soon reunited with her caretaker, Piccafilly, who quickly used her magic to heal all her injuries and then prepare to leave Ponyville. It was an interesting night for Wishing Well, and one she'd never forget.

OOC:

((Thank you for participating in my thread. I want to apologize. I feel as if I didn't do as well as I could have. But I have a better idea on how to approach these kinds of threads, I think a lot of us are learning, too. If you have any feedback about this thread or the event as a whole, please feel free to contact me via PM about any concerns. I will respond as quickly as I am able.

Again, thanks for your participation, your patience, and your ponies! I look forward to RPing with all of you in the near future!))

Archived