Lemon Wedge's Lemon Acid Drops Stand (Open)

QuickLime

LemonWedgeBannerTemplate_zps65b46b36.png

Being such a new farmer Lemon Wedge wanted to start off on the right foot with her new friends and neighbors! The Lemon yellow pony was currently dressed as a beautiful yellow and green butterfly, with glittery blue wings that she carefully sewed on to the costume, curly antenna's hanging in front of her face, but all the same she wore her favorite hat.

She had spent a long time making the treats she was giving out at her little booth, no charge tonight! She had delicious lemonade with ice cubes that had cherry "spiders" in them, some "Acid" bars that were actually lemon tarts sprinkled with green luster dust and powdered sugar...and ofcourse the cream of the crop! Her Acid Drops! They were Lemon gummies cut into circular shapes with a scary jack o lantern face pressed on them, and there were bags and bags of them to give out to any curious child or child at heart adult that might want a spooky sour, treat!

"Come and get yer Acid treats! Delicious spooky goodness that will make your taste buds SCREAM!"

4c6Aws.jpgHaymaker

x4dqls.jpgHayseed

Approaching Lemon Wedge's stand were two Earth pony siblings, Haymaker and her brother Hayseed. Haymaker was dressed in a ancient era Princess dress, long and flowing with a dark blue color. Along with it was a tall blue hat with veil attached to the top of its single point. Her brother decided to go very spooky in his very realistic looking skeleton outift. It was a black bodysuit with the white skeleton design painted on it. Even the pull over mask he wore on his head had the corresponding 'skull' look to it.

"I STILL say Haywire would've looked much better in the costume I made for her!" 'Princess' Haymaker argued.

"I told ya before that ain't no way Haywire was gonna want ta come here as Little Bo Peepmare!" her 'skeleton' brother answered. "That thar ain't her style!"

"But she wore that darn devil's costume agin'! Bad enough she acts like a devil, now she's dressin' like one!"

"Ah, c'mon sis! Loosen up and have some fun! That's what Nightmare Night's all about, ain't it?"

"I suppose, and look at YOU! Bones? Yur dressed like a walking pile of bones? How original. You look like a mess while I look like a queen!"

"Somepony orta CROWN ya someday!" Hayseed laughed.

"WHAT did you say?"

"Er, I say ya really needed a crown, would make ya look even better?"

"Oh, thank ya. Fer a minute thar, I thought ya waz makin' fun of me."

"Lookie here! A treat stand! Smells really nice! How about we have some? Mah treat!"

"Well, since ya put it that way, I'm in." Haymaker said as she and Hayseed approached the stand. "Howdy thar! Whatcha got? An' after I order, give the bill to mah bonehead brother here, he's payin' fer it!"

3yfgTiv.png

Octavia loved Nightmare night. It was the only night where she didn't need to be so proper, a night where she could let her mane down and dress up in some of her favorite costumes of all time. On book she had read described a secret order of ponies who went around playing music for those who hated the glorious sounds of the symphony. They would take on contracts to play the best music for these horrid people and hopefully turn them into classical music lovers. Octavia based her costume of the main character, she wore brown boots and brown pants along with a white hooded coat. Her neck was adorned with a red collar and a red bow-tie. She had a silver belt with black treble clefs on it. Her left shoulder had a brown cape on it, to hid her mini Cello, and strapped to both her wrists were two hidden bows for playing the cello.

x1PIfUy.png

She was planning on going to the princess Twilight's terror time but found herself a bit snackish and decided to partake in some of the horror themed delights that were about the area. One of which was an acid bar from yellow mare. Octavia found this to be quite the spectacle and hurried over the to pony.

"Hello there darling, I notice you have some very interesting treats, could you tell me what exactly they are?" Octavia asked politely.

Lemon's face beamed as they came forward, paying no heed to their bickering "Well shucks, there ain't no charge your highness! I just started my farm here and wanted to show ponies what sorta things they can expect from me!" She grinned, handing the skeleton AND the princess a bag of her candies "Please enjoy, and help yourself to some lemonade and acid bars!"

The other pony's costume was certainly beautiful and creative "Hello there..These" She pointed at the green, shimmering bars "Are my acid bars..they are my special lemon tart recipes, and the bags are filled with my "acid drops" which are home made, sour gummie candies" She nodded grinning "Help yourself! It's free on Nightmare Night!"

Octavia smiled at the yellow mare. Lemon was by far her favorite fruit, and her favorite flavor when it came to sweets. Octavia quickly pulled one of the acid bars from the tray and plopped it into her mouth. The sweet, yet sour, taste of lemons buzzed through her mouth. She loved the taste of the sour foods and enjoyed the way it made her tongue jolt with some type of electricity. She gave a warm smile to lemon yellow pony. "These are delicious!" Octavia told her. She quickly remembered that she had no idea who this pony was. It may be nightmare night, but Octavia still had to have manners. Octavia put her hood down to reveal the rest of her face and held a hoof. "My name is Octaiva, Octavia Melody. It's a delight to meet you."

"Thank ya, neighbor!" Hayseed neighed as he accepted the bag of candy. "So yur a new farmer in the area? My family and I run a hay farm a fair piece away from Ponyville! Do ya grow lemons on yur farm?"

"Thanks," Haymaker said as she received her bag of candy, "think I'll have some of this lemonade."

As Haymaker grabbed a glass of lemonade to drink she spotted the cherry spiders in the ice cubes, mistaking them for the real thing as she dropped her glass and leaped into her brother's outstretched forelegs.

"EEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!! THAR'S BUGS IN THAT THAR LEMONADE!"

"Oh now, hold yur horses thar, sis," Hayseed said as he looked closely into other glasses of lemonade. "Then there's candy bugs! Betcha they was designed ta look spooky."

"Oh," the lanky red maned mare said as her brother put her back on her four feet. "I... I knew it all along! Yeah, I was... jist actin' like that, fer the foals all around."

"Sure ya did," Hayseed said as he rolled his eyes.

"I saw that! You don't believe me!" Haymaker roared as she lifted up her front foreleg at him, "Say ya believe me, er I'm gonna punch ya so hard, you'll skid back ta the farm!"

"Ok, ok, I believe ya sis! No need ta git violence on Nightmare Night. Yur settin' a bad example fer the foals."

"That's better!" Haymaker said, putting her foreleg back down.

A griffon?

A sandcat griffon?

In Ponyville? And... What... Was he in an aubergine outfit?

Oh, very original Aubergine. Go as an aubergine.

Yes, the griffon Aubergine had gone has his favorite pasttime veggie! The aubergine. Why not? He figured it would be entertaining. The mail griffon frequented the town, usually with large packages that other pegasi ponies couldn't carry. He liked it here. Not bad. Great farming down but they don't sell enough aubergine seeds...

Gooey treats that would make your tastebuds scream? Well she better deliver on that, because she officially got the silly sandcat griffon's attention! "Hey there, cutie pie, I'll take one!" Hey, it was true! She made a very cute butterfly! He wasn't being forward or mocking, just truthful and straightforward! Like any griffon SHOULD be! "Don't see many gummies around here... How do you do it?" Cooking tips? Or... However gummies were made? He wasn't sure, really. He was just making conversation.

Yes, Lemon Wedge. Converse with the egg plant with a bird head sticking out of it.

Using her magic Lemon poured Octavia a glass of lemonade, and hovered a bag of the gummies near her "Take these then! You seem to be a right fan of Lemon! As am I!" She grinned "Miss Octavia it's a pleasure! I'm Lemon Wedge, I just moved to Ponyville.." With that she glanced at Hayseed and Nodded "Yes sir! I grow lemons on my farm and make lemon products! You name it and I can make it with lemons!' She boasted..flinching as his sister made a fool of herself with the cherry spider... "Th' Spider is just a cherry with lemon rind feet, it looks nothing like a real spider..."

Her brow raised at the giant talking eggplant with the griffon head poking out of it, suddenly belting her with questions, ears pinning back at the compliment, because how would he know that?

She levitated the gummies over,as well as a lemon bar "I make em my special way, it's a process but it's right fun...here taste fer yerself"

Octavia took the gummies from Lemon wedge. She certainly seemed like a very nice mare, perhaps she would be seeing more of her soon. Octavia was certainly glad to meet somepony like her tonight. She was caught a bit off guard by some of the comments the griffion-eggplant had said to Lemon wedge. It certainly seemed a bit unprofessional. Octavia adjusted her costume bit and then she quickly jumped, remembering where she was trying to go. "Lemon wedge, do you know if the Costume contest has started yet?"

Rusty contraption was making his way through Ponyville, not dressed up as anything but himself, which was a light brownish orange older stallion wearing a tattered tophat with a screw cutie mark, grumbling to himself about how he hated that the train schedules were all 'jumbled' on nightmare night, some trains come way too early while some are ridiculously late. But he had finally got to Ponyville, after three hours of waiting in the train station in Dodge Junction, he was finally here, and he was finally going to pick up the rare parts he needed for one of his inventions.

Well, he was on his way, until he was rudely interrupted by a grumbling stomach, and a bright yellow mare announcing something about delicious treats. He pondered for a moment, thinking if he should diverege from his 'mission' a bit to pick up a quick snack, and then decided to, because he felt no harm in taking a slight detour, and the detour would satisfy his hunger, and make things easier for him. He trotted up the stand, rudely (but gently) pushing the other ponies to the side, "So ya got food?" he asks the lemon mare quite bluntly, in his unique southern accent.

• 2 weeks later...

"Actually I think it's over this late in the evening" She said, giving the rest of the treats to Octavia since she was so polite, ignoring the rude stallion that had pushed his way through the line.

"That's it everypony! Please swing by my farm if you want anymore lemony goodness!"

(/end thread and thank you all for participating in this years NMN!)

Archived