The Invasion of Ponyville!

RarityDash

Earth Writer took a deep breath, and tried to follow Zecora's advice. There was a plan, he reminded himself; they weren't just running around like headless poultry. They just had to restock at the cottage, and then-

*Aw, Horseapples.* They'd been caught. Chrysalis and her changeling guard were spread out in front of them. He wasn't sure how they were going to push through them. Fortunately, the zebra had at least one trick up her sleeve: the smokescreen.

Oh, and that unicorn showed up again, too. Fear warred with exasperation and lost as Misty asked her question. "I don't know!" The reporter snapped. "Why don't they make bug spray for these things is what I want to know!" Earth tightened his magical grip on his pencil, and shot off. It might not exactly be mightier than the sword in actual combat, but if you could find the right places, it really hurt. And over the next few minutes, a semi-panicked Earth Writer could have taught Snively a new meaning to the word 'pen-pusher.'

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Figment remained in awkward silence for a few moments upon realizing he was doing nothing to slow this pony down. This was not ideal! Earth ponies were stronger than he remembered... The changelings under his command had a similar reaction, looking towards each other cluelessly and shrugging, before following behind their temporary boss and their target. Figment had to do something before the pony reached his shop and caused even more trouble for them. He supposed now was the time to resort back to brute force, invisibly charging a spell bolt in his horn, prepared to hit him point-blank.

But, he was then asked a question, seemingly out of nowhere. If he got it right, would he actually fall for his disguise? At this point, he wasn't even sure it was worth it. He'd never done work in Cloudsdale either...though, an obvious guess sprang to mind. "Uh...I never been there, but...Rainbow Dash?" From what he'd heard about that ferocious pegasus, she seemed like the type to win things... Maybe it was too obvious, though--a trick question. No matter. He'd just attack if that were the case. This was all going on longer than he'd prefer.

Darkness Eclipsed reached the edge of Ponyville and stopped to catch his breath and looked toward the Everfree, he coudn't make out much, just Chrysalis, a few changlings, a few ponies, and the Zebra. Quite an odd group, he had never seena Zebra in real life only in books, but this was no time for that. From what he saw it didn't seem like much was happening, but he was still a little ways away, who knew.

33aqezc.jpg

"Stop right there!"

That… that filthy pony again! Why this numbskull of a stallion kept up his pursuit, Snively just couldn’t understand. The pegasus looked so beat up that by all accounts, he shouldn’t even be standing! No matter though… this meddling fool would not interfere with Snively’s plans anymore. As the short drone glimpsed both the stallion’s worn-out condition and movement from the Enemy's hostage, Snively cackled and securely put his crystal ball in a field pouch as he hovered up in the air, ready for an exercise in taunting.

“Tsk tsk tsk…” reprimanded the smug, strangely confident changeling in his most nauseating voice he could muster; “You little fleabags just don’t want to admit that you’ve lost, do you? Where’s your precious princess now? Or her pathetic loyal dogs? Oh… that’s right; they’re already our captives! Do you really think that weak pests such as yourself have any hope of challenging the might of our Kingdom without your false saviors?”

“And before I continue…” Snively’s grin took a more cruel turn as he pointed towards the stallion’s hooves; “Your horseshoes are untied.” If the pegasus dared to look, he’d see an ignited slime bomb less than a second away from exploding. That stallion should have paid more attention to his captive soldier, who managed to stealthily use his hind legs to trigger the explosive device and drop it on the ground. Before Snively’s warning could be responded to, the bomb exploded, which would shower the pegasus, his hostage, and a small area immediately around the two with the same sticky goop used in the Hive’s infamous cocoons. Unless that persistent fleabag had a last trick up his sleeve, he’d be frozen in place… and utterly helpless.

Snively took a mental note to reward that brave captive bombardier with extra love rations upon their return to the Hive; it was the least (and most) the bureaucrat could do for an unambitious grunt who bailed him out of a jam. But even as that first explosive detonated, the boss drone nodded at the remaining soldier, who lobbed another ignited slime bomb at the unicorn’s hiding place in the market. Time to capture this rogue spellcaster and finish the Queen’s task.....!

Nodded, maybe he was wrong... maybe this was actually a Pegasus. He was quite stubborn with somethings, so maybe it was time to ease up a bit, to trust this pegasus who randomly appeared in a very specific room he was in after he had attacked a chagling and shot at their queen, who was the leader of a race who could change their appearence to look like anypony they wanted to. Suddenly, the idea of trust sounded a lot less appealing, and so decided not to trot the pegasus still, and set a high standard for the pegasus to gain his trust. He saw a stopped by a local trainstation, and grined. He got close to the train o a near by roof, and grappled onto it, quickly reeling himself in as the train began to move. "Welp, here we go! Goin' back to my home..." before the traineent any faster, he jumped off of it, and then grappled himself trough a train window and into a passenger car, seeing that it was completely empty. This train was most likely an emergency evac, but.. it seemed like nopony got the messege.

Well, that was a relief...he'd been right! Of course he had. He might have know more about ponykind in general than the average pony. However, he began to regret not just attacking, as they quickly found themselves out of the open again, this time aboard a train. As if being reeled all over the town hadn't hadn't began to make him feel woozy enough. Finally, he released the pony, cautiously turning his back as he peered out the window to confirm that his allies were still trailing behind.

"We're saved..! But...er...it's empty.", he commented in genuine confusion. He would have expected it to be full of fearful ponies. Then again...the shock the Hive gave them most likely had the soft-minded majority of the residents scrambling around in disarray. He wouldn't complain. The agent's mind quickly went back to scheming... The situation was still hardly ideal. His friends couldn't get a clear shot to support him if he sprung his trap from inside here. So maybe, brute force could wait a bit longer. Hopefully, the other drones could figure what to do for themselves when they got a chance. "Sooo...who 're you?", he asked his new pony 'companion' curiously.

But even as that first explosive detonated, the boss drone nodded at the remaining soldier, who lobbed another ignited slime bomb at the unicorn’s hiding place in the market. Time to capture this rogue spellcaster and finish the Queen’s task.....!

Trekker was paying close attention to the leader of her would be captors, if they could ever get to her. She removed her attention after a pegasus had aided her in taking out the forces that had convened on her location. There was still one left at the end and the pegasus had been disabled. The leader of the forces gave the order to bomb Trekker, Chrome yelped to warn her. Within the instant Trekker threw up a shield as fast as she could to protect herself and Chrome. It wasn't as strong as she had planned but it was enough to stop the slime ball that had careened towards her. It exploded spreading slime in several directions. A direct attack?! She thought to herself, and looked at Chrome,"Chrome, they aim to capture us, but I have different plans." She whispered to Chrome. "I want you to go around the other way while I distract them and take out the main forces. You go after the leader." Chrome yelped and at that moment Trekker expanded her field as wide as she could to knock away the last of the forces that had surrounded her. "Now!" She commanded Chrome, as he snuck around back to flank the leader of the changelings who had chosen to attack her.

The forces now flying back and her plan moving into action a quick stun bolt from her horn hit the bomber who had sent the slime bomb towards her. She wasn't going to take that lying down. Now the bombers were dispatched that just left the now disoriented forces that had convened on her. She knew she wouldn't have time for all of them so she attacked two of them knocking them out of the sky and teleporting to the now befallen pegasus who had helped her. Either by his own design or to just fight the changelings. Using her magic to undo the slime that bound him she quickly took her to another hiding place a few clicks away from the market where she had previously hidden. making sure that no one could see from above and no changelings were around.

Chrome had finally snuck behind the leader of the changelings. He leaped and latched onto the neck of the changeling bringing him down and using his claws to scratch at the face. He was doing his best to make sure the changeling was injured and blinded, at least temporarily until he healed. Hopefully he would think twice about trying anything like that again. After releasing his neck and face, Chrome bit down on his foreleg just for good measure and let out a yelp to alert Trekker that the deed was done. Trekker teleported to Chrome's location and quickly teleported out. She decided to regroup in a strange store that sold quills and sofas... What sort of store specifically sells both quills AND sofas? What a strange town Ponyville is turning out to be. Not that strange is bad, strange is very good. However Trekker knew that if they had tracked her before they'd track her again. She quickly ate a bit to build up her strength, before jumping out the window behind the shop to resume hiding. She found some cover in bushes and trees. With her natural mane and coat colour, she should blend in well here and be able to formulate a plan that might be able to survive.

As she was making her grand effort to stop being captured she did take a look around at the exits of the town and there was none that were left unprotected, even with teleportation and her shields, escaping was difficult. Her only option was to head to the Everfree forest on the otherside of town, but she had to make it there first....

1t4o7o.jpg

All the while, help had been but a breath away for poor Snively. In the form of a certain soldier changeling who hates his guts.

The Changeling Hive Lieutenant, Bianca, was airborne with five or so fellow soldier changelings, all wearing their onyx armor or their status, giving them a bit more protection than just plain chitin.

Bianca and her small squad were circling around the battle, observing multiple points of resistance. But the one that stood out most of all was little Snively's battle. She watched with glee as he failed, and laughed hysterically as a fox went to town on his arrogant face. Of course, her charges had been asking for permission to engage the ponies for some time now... Just how long have they been watching this?

Wiping a tear from her eye, she had calmed herself to giggling before taking a deep breath. "Yes, yes, alright. He's had enough. Deploy and neutralize these savages~"

The soldiers all nodded and simultaneously affixed green bandannas to their heads. What...?

Beating their wings into overdrive, they reared up and suddenly rocketed toward the Equestrian earth. All the ponies would hear above them was an ever loudening cry of "BANZAAIIIIIIIII-!" before the black blurs pummeled into the ground with deafening *BOOM*s, kicking up dust and dirt in great clouds all in an attempt to disorient their opponents. The dive-bombers themselves would be pretty badly stunned for a moment, giving anypony who was able a small chance at a first strike.

Bianca herself took the less painful route to the ground and flew down to Snively directly, out of reach of his foxy friend of course. "You got something on your face, you little weasel" she said, taunting the administrator. Hey, who's side is she on anyway? Bianca had officially entered the fray!

Rusty started to trot towards the cuductors room, seeing how the train diddnt appear to be in service... the actual cuductors must of gotten caught while they waited for ponies to arrive and get on the train, "My name is Rusty Contraption, invventor of things... such as the automatic banana cutter, the automatic sausage slicer ((sausage as in tofu)), and the automatic bug squasher..." he put a bit more emphasis on the last one. As he kicked the door down into the conductors room, he asked his own question, "Who are you, if Ah may ask?"

"Oh, Celestia and Luna save us! My brothers...My sisters...Changelings took them....Oh, no! Get away, get away! Leave me alone, you horrible creatures!"

A pony with cried out loudly from nearby. Chrysalis might not have noticed it in the chaos were it not for the shrillness of it. "Silence that one," she said, nodding to two of her minions who rushed after this panicking pony. Perhaps this was the intent; the pony was loudly making a scene of herself just to provide distraction and thin out Chrysalis' group. It didn't matter. For the group she had cornered now she had more than enough confidence she'd be able to handle it with just one hoof if that's what it took.

"So, it is you who brings this misery here. You try to spread your plague of fear. But there is a lesson I give to you from me. You can't attack what you can't see."

The cornered zebra faced her then and spoke in verse. Amusing... or it would have been, but the smokescreen this zebra suddenly employed caught her off guard. The green powered clouded the air and within it there were bizarre images swirling about. What in the world was this strange magic? Chrysalis staggered back, unable to see through the mysterious fog as two of her minions instinctively jumping in front of her to shield in case of further surprise attacks.

"Ponies all use your talents and skills. Sharpen your minds and hone your wills. It is us that must to these Changelings send back. So stand together and now attack!"

The zebra then gave the order to attack... but luckily, none of the group accompanying her seemed to have a plan! It was perfect. This was their golden opportunity to strike and all they could do was look at each other and ask what to do? Were they terrified or were they just useless? Either way it left Chrysalis laughing.

"Oh, I like you, zebra, and these little rhymes you speak," Chrysalis mockingly started with a snicker. "But nothing can change that you all are so weak!"

Chrysalis then shot from her horn some magic flames. They cut through the smokescreen and ignited the fallen tree into a bright green blaze. The flames spread and began to encircle the ponies gathered there. "In fact, it might prove worthwhile to keep such an amusing creature around. Under the control of my magic, I'm sure you'll make a wonderful slave!" she said with a laugh.

"Now... this is how you properly compel others to act," she started. "Changelings, attack!" she called, as her changelings went to sweep in from overhead and fire magic blasts at the equines below.

Figment followed closely behind his target, resisting any urges to attack from behind just yet. If he missed or something, he'd get shot in retaliation for certain. Though, Snively had taken a direct hit and survived... Surely, he could endure it if he had to. He listened as Rusty listed off a few of his inventions, giving an unamused look from under his disguise at 'bug squasher'. Ignoring it, he replied. "Like I said, I'm Honey Smiles..! I don't do anything that impressive, though... Just odd jobs and favors and stuff!", he answered cheerfully. His demeanor changed drastically when he realized no one was driving this contraption, though.

"...No one's driving this thing..!", he pointed out, in a genuinely concerned tone. "Please tell me you know how." As long as he was aboard this machine, he'd rather it not crash. Though, he was certain one of these levers or knobs or doodads had to be some kind of emergency brake... If he could figure which one it was, he could use it--accidentally, of course.

So much fighting going on all around her, Misty Magic realized she had to do SOMETHING to help, but what? She thought back to her last magic attempt, how her magic had backfired and sent her skyward into a herd of hungry Timebrwolves... TIMBERWOLVES! That's it! They were fierce and unafraid and even if they got demolished, they could reassemble quickly! But, bringing that herd of Timberwolves to Ponyville would be a bad idea, they were so uncontrolable. But wait! There WAS a way she could bring at least ONE of them into being, one that she would be in full control of. Now, to cast the spell. Since her spells often worked the OPPOSITE of how she cast them....

"I absolutely, positively do NOT want to be transformed into a temporary timberwolf!" Misty neighed, slamming her hoof to the ground. As she had hoped, her horn flashed and soon, the unicorn mare felt the transformation take place. Within seconds, Misty was now a full sized Timberwolf, ready for action.

"NOW I CAN ATTACK!" she spoke in a voice so fierce and loud, it nearly scared her. Now she charged after Chrystalis, growling loudly as she recklessly approached the changling queen.

Rusty laughed heartily and confidently, looking over all the important lookin levers and switches "Ah have no idea!" he answered the 'pegasus' cheerfully. He went to the back of the cart where the main engine/driving part of the train, the room the two were in, was connected to the rest of the train. In a flash of 'brilliance' he backed up from the connecting joint, aimed at it, and shot it with the stuff launcher, which was currently loaded with a tank of fuel made for his portable welder which hit the joint, and exploded, cutting the train loose from te rest of it. "Less weight!" He brilliantly exclaimed as he trotted over to the levers. He looked them over, than decided to pull a random one, just to see if it worked. They all looked the same, and werent labeled, so anyone of then could do anything, but luckly for Rusty this one lever made the train move forward, slowly at first, but then it began to pick up speed as they went on. Rusty cheered, "Yee haw! Git ready for a ride!" he yelled out as he loaded another fuel tank into his launcher.

Zecora dodged out of the way as a blast of fire cut through the green mist, igniting the fallen tree. The zebra knew that the mist wasn't going to protect them for long and she hoped that the others were fighting as much as they could.

"In fact, it might prove worthwhile to keep such an amusing creature around. Under the control of my magic, I'm sure you'll make a wonderful slave!"

"To this I say true. I'd rather give up my life than be a slave to you!"

The mist coalesced around the zebra, altering her shape into the green hue of Princess Celestia. Maybe it wouldn't be enough Queen Chrysalis but it may be the trick to scare the other Changelings. Zecora in disguise then charged and headbutted the nearest Changeling before finding the next form of the creature within the mists. If the zebra was going to go down, it would be fighting!

The fog was as obscuring to the ponies as it was to the changelings, and Earth Writer found it increasingly difficult to see what he was doing. Several stumbling and blinded changelings attested to the efficacy of his methods, but they really only worked up close, and he wasn't the best at stealth.

Fortunately, even as Chrysalis was gloating, things were finally starting to come together for the group. Misty Magic had finally gotten one of her spells to work right, and now they had a big ol' timberwolf on their side! Unfortunately, that timberwolf was going to try a direct attack, which wasn't the best plan in the world.

The journalist had to think fast; how could he make sure this would work? Zecora and her illusions were tangling up the rank and file, he just had to get Chrysalis distracted for one second-

"Over here, ugly!" Charging his pencil with all the magical energy he could put into it, he launched it straight at Chrysalis' head. Might not do too much damage, but it would split her attention just as Misty would plow into her, hopefully opening up a gap that he could lead the rest of the refugees through into the forest.

33aqezc.jpg

Why, why, WHYYYYYYYY??? If only that stupid cheaty magic shield didn’t deflect the slime blast, this could have been all over, and Snively could have gone back to Queen Chrysalis in victory! Instead, the cowardly prey used their magic to effortlessly wipe out the bureaucrat’s meager taskforce. How oh how was he going to capture this Enemy now? Why weren’t any other changelings swooping in to his rescue? Snively in fact could see a squad of soldiers hovering far above, but they didn’t seem to respond to the signs of the very pitched battle the drone got caught up in. Oh… wait..... they weren’t under the command of-

“AAARRRRGGG!!!” Unimaginable pain filled Snively’s neck, causing him to lose concentration and fall down to the ground. The drone didn’t have to see behind him to know that the pony’s accursed parasite, a rotten creature with sharp fangs, leaped on top of him. But the dirty animal wasn’t content with biting the trapped Snively; almost as soon as he fell, a swipe from the silver fox made Snively’s right eye sting with agony; “HELP, SOMEONE HELLLLLP!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Fearing for his life, Snively covered both his eyes with forelegs and kept his face to the ground for the duration of his mauling.

As suddenly as the attack started, it stopped without explanation. But Snively dared not get up and uncurl himself, too petrified with fear and hatred. His mistress… commanded him to capture this unicorn… but he failed. All Snively had to do was surpass the Queen’s expectations and hold out against the spellcaster for longer than five minutes… but he couldn’t even manage two minutes before defeat at the claws of a wretched fox! A dumb animal! Animals shouldn’t be capable of intelligent behavior! If they met again, Snively would prove how dumb that fox by ridding the world of it!!!

Of course, Snively couldn’t carry out any sort of revenge while laying there in excruciating torment. The bug-like equine could not see out of his right eye now, but vision remained in the left. Breathing and speaking proved laborious on account of the fang injuries on the neck, but that wouldn't stop him from moaning in pain. There would be no more for Snively to do tonight; he officially became a casualty of this Ponyville invasion. He’d have to leave the harvesting zone in disgrace, and be mocked at by his enemies back home. Figment would earn even more favor unless he screwed up his task, and Bianca would certainly-

"You got something on your face, you little weasel."

Speaking of a devil, Snively finally found deliverance from the one changeling he did not want to hear right now. Bianca, the self-described lieutenant of Her Majesty’s army, and ever-persistent thorn in Snively’s flank, now dropped in with her squad. How so nice of them to wait before he fell before availing him. “You… fooooool…” Snively wheezed, slowly turning his head towards his arch-nemesis in the court of Chrysalis; “You let… those ponies… essssscape.....” The short drone had to catch his breath for a few seconds before continuing; “The Queen… will know… of your innnnncommmmmpetenccccccce.....”

Figment couldn't help but give a genuinely flat stare as this pony admitted he had no idea what he was doing. He had all sorts of gizmos and contraptions--the latter of which was in his name--how could he not know how to pilot this thing? No that this was bad, necessarily. At least maybe he wouldn't be able to get it to work in the first place to crash them. He flinched at the sound of his weapon firing, blinking at the result...which was a good idea, he had to admit. Surely, though, he wouldn't pick the correct lever-...

But he did, and the train moved. This pony was crafty and lucky, it seemed. Aside from the fact that a changeling spy was standing here with him. He couldn't just let him ride this thing back, though, so his spying might need to come to an end shortly. Though...that ammo that Rusty currently had loaded frightened him. Did he really have the nerve to fire something like that at a living creature? And could he dodge it if so? He couldn't just let him ride off... Figment would manage, hopefully. He had the element of surprise, possibly.

Rather unceremoniously, Figment fired a bolt at the pony's back while he fiddled with the control--one meant to sting and hopefully stun, rather than cause any real damage. He didn't even make a clever line, or taunt, or anything. He wasn't some cackling villain; he was a professional. He then fired a flare-like signal out into the air, getting the attention of the others, who finally swooped down and showed themselves, surrounding the engine's cabin. Even if he had to take a shot to the face, at least the others could clean up afterwards. "Sorry. You seem like an interesting pony. Honey Smiles would have liked you... But I have a job I can't afford to fail.", he said, pulling the 'go' level in the opposite direction with his magic and allowing his disguise to go up in green flames.

"Shoot me...and you'll just get fired upon yourself. Surrender, and you wont be hurt." Figment actually had no idea what was in store for Rusty for shooting at the Queen, but he'd say anything to get him to just give up. "You seem resourceful...maybe if you don't get pummeled by spellbolts here, you'll...have the energy to find a way to escape later or something. Think about it..."

Rusty felt the shock of the bolt run up and down his body, momentarily disabling any movement he may of tried to make and simultaneously causing a seering pain to quickly rip through his skin, making him yelp. He knew all along that the 'Pegasus' was actually a changeling, but that didn't make the moment of betrayal sting anyless emotionally, or physically, for that matter. He chuckled lightly after recovering from the shot, a certain warmth was detectable in his voice "Well... you got me. You finally got me... Ah mean, Ah knew it was coming...you have a job to do, a duty to complete for the queen, right? But you know whats weird?" he trotted a bit closer to the changeling, looking directly into it's green eyes "It still hurt, despite knowing you were changeling all along, it still hurt emotionally..." he rose a brow at the changling, "So from what Ah can gather, you are a Changeling spy, am Ah right?" he pointed the device at the changelings head, his facial expression unchanging "Do you... feel anything? When you have to betray the ponies you had to get close to? Does it... hurt, like, emotionally like?" he looked at his gun for a moment, "Also, Ah just wanna talk for a bit, Ah'll give myself up after we're done. Try to call for help and Ah shoot, try to run and Ah shoot, try to talk about something else and Ah shoot, if you shoot me... Ah'll shoot on reflex, if you shoot this, you can't be certain Ah didn't design it so that it automatically shoots when fired upon with magic. Look, just answer some of my questions, and Ah'll go peacfully alright? Ah'm too old to put anymore of a fight up... and Ah don't think I'll be making it out of this ordeal alive... Ah think we both know that. Despite that, Ah'd like to know some things I've wondered for a while... and you seem to be a bit differen't from the run of the mill drone... you seem to have some sort of... intelligence. It's hard to explain...."

"To this I say true. I'd rather give up my life than be a slave to you!"

Chrysalis smiled as the rhyming zebra boldly asserted her refusal to come along quietly. She had certainly anticipated this. This zebra, she seemed a cut above much of these wretched ponies. Her mind seemed sharp and there was no fear in her eyes. Moreover, the powder she had employed was a different sort of magic that she couldn't hope to understand or have preparation before. As she watched the forms within it suddenly wrap around this mare and give her the shape of an glimmering Celestia, the changeling queen had to admit surprise. A fake Celestia was hardly going to frighten her into submission, however.

"What an intriguing ability," she started as she watched the zebra use her strange show to get the better of more than one of her drones. "However, the figure of your princess isn't going to make me shake. Or have you not heard? My changelings this night have already captured your Celestia! This makes twice that I've bested your second rate ruler. My superiority will soon be known!" she started with a mad laugh..

"I absolutely, positively do NOT want to be transformed into a temporary timberwolf...!NOW I CAN ATTACK!"

Now this was an even greater surprise. Chrysalis had not heard of ponies being able to change their shape through magic before. She had assumed that was an art reserved for her and her brethren. Here it was though, one of these ponies had emerged from the fog as a massive timberwolf. As impressed and surprised as she was, Chrysalis' eyes showed no worry or fear. This pony, as skillful as she was, has made something of an oversight.

"My my, you ponies do have some surprises to offer still, it seems," the queen spoke. She then smiled deviously as she suddenly broke a large branch from the still blazing downed tree with her magic and levitated it in the direction of the wolf.

She shook her head and gave a pitying sigh. "Magic of that sort is surely quite rare. It's a shame the user didn't stop to consider things a little more. To give yourself a body of wood right after I make a display of my magic flames... an error like that just might cost you dearly..." she started in a voice saturated with malicious intent as she waved her torch, burning with green flame ever closer to the transformed pony.

"Over here, ugly!"

And then, suddenly Chrysalis was caught off guard. Another pony had thrown something at her. It seemed to be slightly sharp, very lightweight projectile propelled at her by unicorn magic. Normally such a thing wouldn't have even made her flinch, but the magic charge it received gave it velocity, and as it hit her on the right side of her head, it made her recoil and break her concentration. She dropped the flaming torch she had been holding up with magic, and as it hit the ground more of the surrounding Everfree foliage went up in bright green flames.

Chrysalis was none too pleased by any of this. Ponies weren't supposed to go for such cheap shots. That was her job. She snarled as she glanced toward this stallion who had assaulted her. "Well now, you've succeeded in getting my attention," she angrily spat. "Though in this situation, I wonder if that's something you want?" she added before giving a grunt and firing a powerful magic blast right in the direction of this stallion.

1t4o7o.jpg

Bianca just laughed. "Oh Sssnively, how very cute. The Queen will know of your incompetence. Letting her preciousss drones go to waste" she pointed out with a pouty face, as if she actually felt sorry for them. "As if that'ssss not bad enough, but allowing yoursself, the Adminissstrator, hohooo~, to be brought ssso low by a filthy beassst!" She landed near him and sat back on her haunches, giving him a couple of playful pats on the back. "My misssion wass not to capture one measly little pony, but to reinforce areas that are... Ooo... How to put this nicely... Not up to sssssnuff?"

The resistance in the area seemed minimal... If any at all. Seems their dive-bombing wasn't needed after all. A pity.

"Sssecure the area! I want casssualties accounted for and prisssonerss brought forth immediately! We move to rejoin her majesssty in five minutessss!" She ordered her soldiers. Recovering from their landings, they started to sniff around to check on drones and locate any ponies in the area. "But I'm feeling benevolent, friend of friends~" she cooed to Snively with such insincerity that anypony could choke on it. "Come with usss back to the Queen. If not, well... I'm sssure sssomepony will find you here... Or perhass another of your foxy friendsss, mmm?"

She left Snively then to rejoin her men, looking around to see if she could find anything they might miss. Changelings didn't lack for enthusiasm but you certainly couldn't rely on them for help sometimes...

"Awwww.... Horse app-" Dunder was stopped short when the bomb that was sneakily attached to his hoof. The goo overtook in a rush of warm,wet slime the pegasus instantly, a hard shell on the outside formed and the goo let him float in the middle. He opened his eyes and could hardly see anything other than distorted green waviness. But that's when the panic started to kick in, the shock disorientated him, but now the memories of changeling attackers flooded back in. He puffed out some air, grabbing his dagger and stabbing the membrane as hard as the viscous goo let him, slicing through some of it. He kept at it, panicking of lack of air, his lungs felt like they were about to burst but the membrane did not a second too soon. The pegasus shoved his face out, taking a deep gasp of air.

Then, as Dunder opened his eyes, a white flash was all he saw. When his eyes were completely open, he was nowhere near where he was before. What had happened? Was he knocked out in the goo and relocated? But wouldn't there be goo? What about that white flash, that felt like some intense magic... but now. Hallelujah! It was raining changelings. One smashing into the ground in front of the stallion. Of course the changeling just bared its fangs and tried to be threatening. Dunder didn't even care at this point, just a quick slam on the head with his forehooves, enough to knock out the changeling. He was going to run down the road when he heard a voice call nearby, A voice that managed to be feminine and changeling at the same time..and put too much emphasis on "s" sounds. Something about securing the area and rounding up prisoners.... That didn't sound good.

He flew to the nearest rooftop, following the sound of the voice, from the roof he was able to see that...darned annoying changeling but a new changeling was with him. He took a deep breath. No reinforcements, only a dagger, and retreat wasn't an option. His only advantage was that the changelings sucked at hoof-to-hoof.

33aqezc.jpg

"Oh Sssnively, how very cute. The Queen will know of your incompetence. Letting her preciousss drones go to waste. As if that'ssss not bad enough, but allowing yoursself, the Adminissstrator, hohooo~, to be brought ssso low by a filthy beassst! My misssion wass not to capture one measly little pony, but to reinforce areas that are... Ooo... How to put this nicely... Not up to sssssnuff?"

Snively wouldn’t let this witch get the better of him, even as he winced in pain from her pats. Fueled by seething indignation, the administrator found the strength to get up on his legs again and raspily fire back his retort. Your mission as a lieutenant… is to defend all members of the Hive from harm,” Snively dishonestly chastised; “When Her Supreme Majesty hears of how you stood by and let dangerous fugitives escape due to your unprofessional conduct, you’ll receive her most righteous punishment.” Not for one second did Snively believe in his flowery rhetoric, but he never felt any shame about lying through his fangs if it could discredit foes.

"But I'm feeling benevolent, friend of friends~ Come with usss back to the Queen. If not, well... I'm sssure sssomepony will find you here... Or perhass another of your foxy friendsss, mmm?"

“Oh, shut up,” Snively grumbled. Bianca could definitely use a lesson in respect, but like it or not, the short drone was in her power until he could return to the safety provided by Queen Chrysalis. Begrudgingly, Snively followed his rival to join up with her unit, not daring to risk further hurt from Ponyville’s hostile population. To make sure he was totally safe, the bureaucrat took out his small crystal ball and gazed into it once more with his magic and one good eye.

That unicorn and her little demonic fox were long gone from the immediate area, and Snively had no heart at the moment to hunt down a quarry that could fight back. The persistent pegasus who was supposed to be stuck in goo was lurking on a nearby rooftop, but as long as he stayed put, he might as well rot there. Nothing must delay the group meeting up with their leader. Out of curiosity, Snively aimed his scrying sights on Luxuria’s operation only to see it falling into shambles before his very eyes. At least if Princess Celestia somehow got free, Chrysalis then won’t think to punish her loyal servant for his more trifling failure. As for the Queen herself, Snively started scanning westwards to locate her exact position.....

Cherry did her best to ward off the changelings coming after her, the mud flaking off as it dried. Her white pelt was revealed after a little while, the smile on her face returning when her natural coat shone through.

She began to fight back, using her wings to propel the buggy creatures away from her. She wasn't the strongest fighter, but she did manage to clear herself a path before noticing that the Everfree Forest was on fire. Wait...fire? She began to make her way over there, only to spot a large Timberwolf. She launched herself, hoping the creature wasn't on the side of the Changelings as she flew. She watched the zebra and the rest fight, trying to see if she could be useful anywhere else. When nothing caught her eye, she sighed. Best to just jump in and see what damage she could do then.

Figment panicked inwardly as the pony was still able to approach him easily enough after that shot; however, he seemed to be surrendering. Or talking at least, which caused him to quirk a brow. What did he think he was playing at? Or, was he really so emotionally disturbed? "So you knew all along, but I still hurt your feelings or something? And...let me get the drop on you?" He huffed. "You know, you could have just given up earlier and saved us some ti-...AUGH!", he said, cut off by the weapon now being pointed directly at his head at point blink range, suddenly looking a lot less confident, freezing in place. The drones supporting him had a similar reaction, holding their positions as to not get their current leader blasted.

And if that wasn't enough, he suddenly began asking personal questions. "What is this, an interrogation?", he asked in a tone that was both irritated and nervous. "Fine, yes! I'm a spy. Obviously. And...since when does a pony care about what a changeling feels?" Figment narrowed his eyes. It definitely seemed as if Rusty was playing at something--at least in his mind. Figment might have been more afraid and paranoid of ponies than they were of changelings... He couldn't really afford not to play along at the moment, whatever the case, though.

"It's irrelevant...I rarely blow my cover. No pony, or any other species, ever knows what I really am. Or who I am. I don't have any personal feeling for or against them. Usually...", he explained--it seemed to be what the pony wanted... Figment was good at talking, so he didn't mind too much. "The vast majority of you hate us anyhow, so I don't see why I should feel bad for double crossing any of you. As for your case in particular...you're aiming a thing at me face, so I especially don't mind stabbing you in the back. You also attempted to attack the Queen. I'll admit you're a crafty one, though..."

His mood then quickly changed, despite the gun aimed at him, at Rusty's grim statements regarding himself, waving a hoof dismissively. "Oh, come on. Don't be so melodramatic... You're only being taken prisoner.", he reassured the pony, whether it would end up being true or not. One of the drones observing made a pouting expression and grumbled when this pony implied Figment was the only smart one there. Despite the fact he was the one put in charge. "Just because they have a different role than me doesn't mean they're mindless...we are sentient, you know. I might be more clever, but they can fight up close better.", Figment spoke up in their defense.

"Now...any more questions? Can you stop waving that thing in my face already..?" Figment had already spent more time than he would have liked chasing after his target, and he wanted to get back and check on Snively and the Queen to see if they needed his further assistance.

Archived