Get up, stand up ! [Finished]

Ancre

She could make it this time ! Whirlwind flapped her wings slowly, beginning to descend toward the ground. She let her three hooves forward, readying herself to land. She slowly put them on the ground, her wings still flapping and holding her weight. Then she closed them, and tried to let her hooves support her.

They couldn't. She fell.

« Ouch ! » Well, that wasn't what she expected. Groaning in frustration, she opened her wings again, and, flapping them really hard, she managed to lift herself up in the air once again. The three legged filly sighed. When the doctors said she probably couldn't walk after her accident, she didn't expected to fail to stand on her hooves ! She couldn't even jump or gain any sort of movement to start flying, so her wings had to do all the work - it was the most tiring way to take off. Once she was in the air, things were ok, but it looked like the land was forbidden to her now. Well, she could probably still crawl pitifully at a snail's pace. And the doctors said that it would take her time before her legs and arms gain their strength back.

But right now, she just felt depressed. It took her that failed attempt, and the ones before that, to fully realize what the consequences of her accident meant. No more walking. Forever. It never seemed like a big deal in Cloudsdale, where everypony used their wings to move, and being grounded for three months in her parent's shop meant she never really had to move anyways. But now that she actually tried to stand on her hooves, she started to understand what she had lost in that adventure. She felt like a little foal who desperately needed help, and yet flew all the way down to the Nimbusgate Lakes to make sure nopony could see her in such a state. She wanted to at least stand on her hooves before meeting somepony she knew ...

Humpf ! "No time to be sorry for yourself little pony !" Scolding herself, she tried once again to land, failed, and took off in the air again with huge and powerful flaps of her wings. And then she tried again, and again, until she felt too exhausted to move, and decided she could afford a break.

Sighing, she laid down in the grass and watched the lakes shimmer under the evening sun. It was fun for about ten minutes. Then Whirlwind realized it was starting to get late, and night would soon be upon her - it was time to go home, or else her parents would start to worry. She was getting tired too.

The little pegasus opened her wings and took off the same way she did all day long. But each flap toward the cloudy city of Cloudsdale over her head exhausted her ; pretty soon she found herself fighting to not lose altitude, and gaining some more seemed impossible. And her hometown was still miles over her.

Giving up, she slowly drifted toward the grassy ground of the lakes' shores. This wasn't good ! She spent all her day exhausting her wings, only realizing now that she had tired herself too much for a long flight upwards. But she needed to come back home. Staying here, all alone, at night, under the rain that was soon to come, was definitely not a good idea. It was probably not a good idea to come here in the first place. With her injuries recently healed, she probably needed more rest than she thought. And her parents, they would worry too, they would think something horrible happened to her, again ! Whirlwind was very worried by now. What could she do ?

Well, she couldn't do anything on her own, since she could barely move. She didn't liked to admit it, but Whirlwind really, really needed some help now ...

Trotting along a nearby road was a Paint stallion with a peace sign cutie mark. His name was Mojo and he pulled his large wooden peddler's wagon behind him. Mojo was finally realizing his colthood dream to be a travelling salespony, offering a fine selection of hoofmade arts, crafts and books of poetry along with a selection of fresh veggies from his parent's communal farm near one of the Nimbusgait Lakes. How excited the Paint Stallion was! Ready to see all of Equestria, meet all sorts of new ponies and see sites he had only imagined or seen in pictures! Mojo was like his parents, 'free spirited' ponies that many would refer to as 'hippies.'

"All you need is love!" Mojo sang with his slight British accent, "All you need is love! All you need is love, love, love, all you need is love!"

Mojo paused shortly, coming to a complete stop as he turned his head to look back,

"So long mum, dad. This is it! My adventure begins!"

As he turned his head back around, he spotted a slight movement in the distance, out in a grassy field.

"Groovy!" he said with a smile. "Me first look at the flora and fauna away from home! Far out! Need a closer look."

Mojo unhitched himself from his wagon, set the wheel parking brakes before grabbing a large tripoded telescope with his teeth and set it up by the road.

"Now, let's 'ave a good look," he said, turning the telescope and focusing on the movement in the field. "Blimey! That's a Pegasus out there! And she looks hurt! It's not cool to leave a fellow pony stranded in her time of need! Gotta help her!"

Quickly disengaging the wagon's parking brakes, tossing his telescope back into his wagon and rehitching himself, Mojo carefully trotted off the road and into the field towards the fallen Pegasus.

"Far out! Glad this field is rather flat so I can maneuver me wagon on it," the blue eyed Paint stallion said as he rode on until he was very close to her. Unhitching himself and setting the parking brakes again, Mojo rushed up to the Pegasus, marvelling at her light pink color and green swirl cutie mark. He then noticed something that took him completely by surprise, this young Pegasus filly was missing her back left leg! Mojo also gasped when he spotted the long scar on her left front leg. This was when his experience of being raised on a farm caring for livestock came into play. Mojo could tell that her leg had been amputated long ago and that her scar wasn't fresh. This meant that there was something else physically injured on the pink filly's body.

"Pardon me, Miss. The name's Mojo and I'm here to help! Try not to move, you may have broken bones. I'm no doctor, but I learned First Aid as a colt. Can you tell me what hurts?"

As he asked his question, he then noticed the filly's kind, emerald green eyes, but could see by her facial expression that she was indeed in great pain.

Whirlwind's face was wrinkled with worry. Why did she had to be such an idiot ? Having to spend one night outside under the coming rain was already bad enough, but she just couldn't bear the idea of scaring her parents, not after what she did to them. The little pegasus still felt very guilty about her accident. She wished really hard that she could go back home now, and show them they'll never lose her again, but she knew she didn't have the strength. She couldn't fly home. She couldn't move. She couldn't do anything but worry.

Curled in the grass next to one of the lakes' shore, the pink pony didn't see the big stallion rushing toward her. But she did hear the wagon wheels creaking slighlty as he applied the brakes, and she lift her head up. He was a brown earth pony, with a peace sign cutie mark, and big blues eyes wide open in shock, staring at her maimed legs. The filly raised an eyebrow, curious. He then started to talk, saying his name was Mojo and that he wanted to help ; he was concerned about her, and seemed to believe she was wounded or something. Oh.

«I don't have any broken bones. » She rectified. « I uh, I did broke my legs but that was a long time ago. In fact they healed just recently. I'm fine, really. » Whirlwind concluded, and she remained silent for a little while, her gaze shifting toward the lake again.

« I just came here to ... well, I know, it's stupid, but I just got freed from my casts and I came here because I wanted to see if I could stand on my hooves again, you see. » The little pegasus sighed. « Well, I can't. And I tried too hard, so now I can't walk and I am too tired to fly home. I live in Cloudsdale, » she indicated with a hoof pointed toward the cloudy skies, « and it's not like I can just let the wind carry me or something. I have to force myself up to go home, and my wings are too sore for this. »

« So ... I'm just stuck here. » She became silent again, worry and guilt returning on her face. The pink pegasus wasn't proud of herself, and Mojo was probably thinking that she was a stupid filly for being so irresponsible.

« Oh, » she added, returning her gaze to the brown stallion, « I haven't told you my name, sorry, I'm Whirlwind. »

She bit her lip, looking at the ground again. « So, um, I don't know what to do now, and if you could help me, I'd very much, uh, I mean, I need help, if you can. Please ? » She really didn't wanted to ask, she didn't wanted to impose, and she hated to be so dependent, but she felt like she had no choice. She needed any help she could have.

"There there now, Whirlwind, rest easy," Mojo said softly, trying to reassure the pink Pegasus that he was someone willing to help her. "Try not to dwell on the past. So you've just got out of your casts and decided to see what you could do. Not a thing wrong with that, love. If we never try, how can we know if we can succeed? I admire your courage, miss. Good thing I spotted you in this field. I'll go get me first aid kit and see what I can do to help."

Mojo quickly trotted back to his wagon, picked up a first aid kit with his teeth and brought it over to her.

"If your wings are sore, perhaps I can put them in a crude splint to relieve part of the pressure. As for being tired, I do have a herbal tea me mum used to make for me when I was a wee nipper. It seems to give me a shot of energy when I need it, have some in my wagon I could brew for you."

Mojo searched the first aide kit and smiled.

"I'm gonna need some help caring for you, Whirlwind. Don't ya fret, I won't leave your side. With this flare, hopefully I can summon some more ponies to help us. Just need to move a short distance away, be right back."

Mojo trotted a safe distance away from the wagon and Whirlwind to prepare the flare. Before he left home, his parents gave him a small number of these flares to use as a 'distress signal' when needed. The Paint stallion knew he didn't have the strength to move the young Pegasus, nor did he have the precise medical knowledge to treat her condition. He quickly launched the red flare into the sky. He hoped that somepony, ANYPONY, would spot it and come to aide them. After the launch, Mojo quickly trotted back over to Whirlwind.

"I'm back, miss. I hope my flare will summon more ponies. While we're waiting, is there anything else I can do for you, to make you more comfy?"

« I'm fine, really, just exhausted, so I can't fly. » Whirlwind protested a little bit, but it was nice to have somepony caring for her. Mojo was doing his best to make her feel more comfortable. He was chatting with her, diverting her from the thoughts of guilt running in her mind, and was bringing all his medical supplies to see if something could be useful. He even went out of his way and used a distress signal of some sort, probably because he couldn't carry her by himself. Helping her was a lot of work for one pony after all, and he surely had other things to do.

« My wings aren't really hurt, I think. » The pegasus opened them wide and tried to have a look. « It just aches a bit, like,um ... » she pondered for a while, looking for an example. « Like your hooves would ache if you ran a race for an entire day, I guess. I never raced, but I flied a lot, it's this kind of pain ; I don't have enough strength to fly back home, it's too far, and I can't walk, so ... »

She stood silent for a while again. Truth was, it was a bit more than just that. She did felt like she had flown a race for an entire day, as the many take-offs she did demanded a lot of effort from her wings. But she also felt very weak ; it had been a very bad idea to work so much right after getting out of her casts, her body was still recovering its former strength.

« I don't know if the splints would help, but we can try. » She finally admitted. She would be very embarassed to be seen with it, she would feel like a ridiculous foal who did another big mistake, but she was even more embarassed to feel that way when she did needed help. And Mojo was very kind to help her so much like he did.

« And I'd like to try your tea, if you want. » At the mention of food her stomach growled. Whirlwind remembered she spent all day here, eating nothing but the grass on the ground ... and she blushed in shame, her cheeks turning into a redder shade of pink. Oh, why couldn't she pay a little more attention to what she was doing ? She was always running headfirst into what she wanted to do, and never stopped to consider the consequences until after they hit her. That was really irresponsible, and that was just adding another entry on the list of things she did wrong today.

The little filly didn't asked for food however. She was already asking a lot from a pony she just met five minutes ago. Instead, she tried to regain a composure, and thanked him. « It's very nice of you to help me like you do. I'm ok, I uh, I guess we can sit and talk while we wait for somepony to come, if that's ok with you. Um, so, where do you come from ? »

Mojo talked to Whirlwind as he started the small fire and began to brew the tea.

"Well miss, I was born and raised on me family's communal farm not far from here! Me mum and dad taught me how to create and appreciate art as well as how to use me mind to invent things when the need arose. Loved living and working on the farm, but I began to want to see the world! One day, when I was a young colt, I heard an explosion in the sky and a grand rainbow over the horizon! It was then I made up me mind, I was going to build a peddler's wagon and go off to sell goods and meet new ponies! At first, me mum and dad objected, but over time, I won'm over to me way of thinking! So here it is! Built this wagon with my dad and rode off! In fact, Whirlwind, you're the first pony I've seen since I left home! It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, of course I wish the circumstances were better. Ah! The tea's done!"

Mojo carefully pours the pink Pegasus a cup of tea and gives it to her.

"There ya go, love! Where are me manners? Would you like something to eat? Got plenty of fresh veggies in me wagon! Carrots, celery, beets, lettuce, corn! Just name it, and I'll fetch it for ya!"

The Paint Stallion looks off in all directions.

"No pony's in sight yet. Hope somepony's spotted the flare. Alrightie, I told ya about me, now, let's hear all about you!"

Little Whirlwind watched the brown stallion brew tea as he told her his story. He was raised in a communal farm ? Huh, interesting ; she didn't knew that kind of thing existed. Then again, she knew very little about farms and crops and how plants grew. Maybe farms were common around here, with all the rain that came from Cloudsdale to grow the food, and the many hungry citizens of the flying city to sell stuff to - she was pretty sure ponies couldn't grow food on clouds after all.

Mojo was a traveller at heart, she heard, the cart he had was his house now and he lived selling goods - the pegasus briefly wondered what kind of goods, her curiosity awoken. She was the first pony he met after all, and Mojo went out of his way to help her ; she wanted to thank him for his kindness, so maybe she'll be able to be his first client too !

But before she could open her mouth the tea was done and he had given her some ; now she had a warm cup of it in her hooves. So instead of asking her questions just now, Whirlwind took the time to drink. It was very good, and she stood still a moment, happily warming herself with the hot beverage, a small smile on her face.

With a comment about the flare and a few questions about her life, Mojo proposed some vegetables - « Oh, I don't want to impose, » replied the embarrassed filly, « you're already helping me so much, I'd feel bad if I ate your food as well ! I mean, you probably keep them for your trip around the world, or something, you'll need them ! »

« And, um, about me then. » It was her turn to talk. « Well, I come from Cloudsdale ! I grew up there, and I haven't visited anywhere else. It's funny, the open sky have always been enough for me, I love to watch the stars, and there's all the place I need to fly, so I never thought much about travelling, to be honest. »

« And, also, I like to fly ! » she continued, illustrating her tale with flying gestures of her hooves ; « I like to do crazy loops in the air, and to dive, and to pull off real close to the ground, I like to go fast and to hear the wind scream in my ears, and I like to roll over and forget where up and down are and just fly fast, it's so great ! I even have a cutie mark about it you see ! It shows my love of crazy stunts ! ... But, uh, you probably guessed it, I sort of crash often into things this way. Usually it's not a big problem, I mean, Cloudsdale is made of clouds after all, but ... »

Whirlwind sighed. « But, not always. I try to be more careful now. I really do ! » she added hastily.

The little filly stayed silent for a moment. « So, what do you sell ? » Not knowing what to add, she finally asked the question she had in mind since he mentioned his activity. She was a curious filly after all.

(ooc): More help is on the way!

Meanwhile, flying above the skies of the Nimbusgait Lakes was a white furred Pegasus filly with a blonde mane and tail. She was flying slalom style in the clouds, remembering her recent childhood. Her name is Julibee, and as a foal, her parents had pushed her into Flight School, wanting her to someday be a candidate for the Wonderbolts team. She thought about all the hours and hours she spent practicing, but in her heart of hearts, she wanted to be an entertainer, like her idol, the famous singer Sapphire Shores. It took courage for her to stand up to her demanding parents and tell them of her dream of stardom. Now she was a graduate of a Musical Arts Academy and taking any kind of singing/musical jigs she can get hoping one day for her 'big break' to come. As she flew, doing barrel rolls in the sky, the young Pegasus filly sang.

'Sailing sailing, through the cloudless sky,

With my wings, amazing things,

I'm doing while I fly!

Sailing, sailing, through the air I go!

Having fun, and when I'm done,

I'm set for another show!'

She was beginning to sing the next chorus when she saw a familiar looking red rocket soaring in the distance.

'Fireworks? This early in the day? Wait a minute! That's a flare! My friend Mojo's in trouble!'

Back in the field, the kind Paint stallion smiled at Whirlwind.

'No trouble at all, love! What kind of a gentlepony would I be if I didn't offer you some nourishment? It's the way of hospitality for us free spirits, though most ponies call others like me 'hippies.' Crazy stunts, huh? Reminds me of my best friend, someone I met a few years ago when she crash landed in a haystack on my family's farm. She's a Pegasus, like you. Jubilee's her name, and she only flies for fun now. She wanted to become famous in Equestria someday. She and I are kindred spirits, I suppose. Oh, to answer your question, I not only sell food but I also sell hoofmade crafts and art. I make things like shag rugs, lava lamps, mood bracelets, pop art, paintings, lots of groovy stuff like that. When you're up to it, I'll gladly give ya the grand tour of..'

'HEY MOJO! WAS THAT ONE OF YOUR DISTRESS FLAIRS?' Jubilee called down as the white filly came in for a perfect landing.

'WINGS!' he said, turning towards her. 'Glad ya saw it! I want ya to meet Whirlwind, Whirlwind, this is..'

'Jubilee Flyer! The next big name in Equestria!' the young filly bragged. 'I dance, I sing, I can play almost any instrument! I do weddings, election rallies, parties, any event any time!'

'Look Wings, my new friend here needs help. Could ya fly off and fetch a doctor?'

'You betcha! Like your daddy always says, 'when some pony calls for help..'

'Drop everything and come a-runnin'! Thanks Wings, please hurry!'

'Gotcha Mojo, I'll be back, Whirlwind!'

As Jubilee soared back into the sky, in a villa outside of Hoofington, seated alone at an outdoor café was a light blue furred Unicorn who was nibbling on a daisy and daffodil sandwich. Her flowing purplish mane and tail fluttered in the breeze that swayed the stethoscope she wore around her neck. Her name was Starflower, a unicorn nurse that was very well known in the region. The mind of the older unicorn mare was a million miles away at the moment. She was daydreaming about that fabulous night at the Grand Galloping Gala, where she danced with a charming griffin named Alexander Blackwing. She remembered the music, the lights, looking deeply into his eyes and then.. her concentration was broken by shouting from above.

'EMERGENCY!' Jubiliee shouted as she hovered over the villa. 'PEGASUS DOWN! NEED ASSISTANCE! IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE?'

Starflower smiled at the young filly in flight. Even though she was on vacation now, the unicorn mare lived to help others. She always carried her black bag with her in case of emergencies, and this certain qualified.

'I'm a nurse!' Starflower shouted, observing that the blonde maned Pegasus was shouting so loud, she couldn't hear her calling. 'EXCUSE ME MISS! I AM A NURSE!'

Again seeing that she wasn't heard by the high flying newcomer, the tall unicorn used her horn magic to move a one large and two smaller planks from a nearby lumber pile into the air, forming a wooden 'arrow' in the air pointing down at her. Jubilee instantly spotted the makeshift sign and flew down towards the waiting unicorn.

'You're a doctor?' the younger filly asked.

'I'm a nurse, Starflower's the name and..'

'Starflower? THE Starflower? Of course you are, I can tell by the cutie mark! Follow me! My friend is tending to a sick Pegasus over in a field!'

'I'll do my best to keep up, young lady. I don't have wings, but I can move fast when there's a crisis!' Starflower said, tossing some coins on the table to pay for her meal before galloping out of the villa, levitating her black bag with her and she traveled.

'Hurry!' Jubilee called out repeatedly as she flew above her.

'I can barely, keep up. I'm not as young as I used to be. Time to try some magic of my own,' Starflower muttered as her horn began to glow.

Meanwhile, Mojo remained at Whirlwind's side.

'Relax, Whirlwind, my pal Jubilee won't let us down. Betcha she'll have some pony here before you can say Jack..'

As he spoke, Starflower teleported behind him.

'Robinson. Far out!' Mojo spoke, watching a dizzy Starflower staggering and shaking her head to get her bearings.

'Whoa!' the tall unicorn mare shouted. 'I'm a little rusty with that spell.'

'Hello miss! You alright?'

'Yes, I'm fine now. I'm Nurse Starflower. A Pegasus told me about your situation.'

'Patient's right over here, doc,' Mojo said, pointing towards Whirlwind. Immediately, Starflower knelt down beside her for a closer look.

'Don't be afraid, I won't hurt you. My name is Starflower and I'm here to help. How are you feeling now?'

'I'm back, Mojo!' Jubilee shouted as she landed. 'Hey lady, how did you get here ahead of me?'

'Quiet Wings, Starflower is talking to Whirlwind now.'

Whirldwind was still uneasy, but Mojo's gentle behavior was finally helping her relax a little. He seemed really happy to help her, however foalish she was. He chatted with her happily now, dismissing her concerns about eating his reserves, talking about a friend of his that flew through his barn, listing the goods he intended to sell on his trip. The names of his goods were all very intriguing, to say the least. Lava lamps ? Mood bracelets ? The little filly, who never thought about much else than flying, had only a vague idea of what all that meant - but it seemed much more interesting than the stuff her parent's store sold ! She would have gladly asked to see ...

... but at that precise moment somepony came. The newcomer perfectly landed on the grass, and was happily greeted by the brown stallion. It was Jubilee ! The very friend Mojo was talking about, as Whirlwind discovered while he introduced the two fillies to each other. Jubilee came here, alerted by the distress flare, and the hippie pony was now hurriedly asking her to seek a doctor - and then the pegasus filly nodded and left again, just like that. Everything happened so fast, and Whirlwind barely had the time to open her mouth and say hi.

She watched the white pegasus fly away with a slight feeling of frustration. She could understand how they were concerned about her, but ... well, the one thing Whirlwind was really worried about was her parents, and she wished Jubilee would have flown home to reassure them instead. But then again they weren't wrong to worry about her health first, and she had no right to complain about the help they gave her anyways.

Lost in her thoughts, the little filly was frowning again in worry. Sitting next to her, Mojo was trying to be reassuring, as he always did. Looking at him, she tried to smile ; she didn't wanted to be a bother, or at least not any more than she already was ... but really now there was nothing to do but wait for help. But night as going to fall, and she should have been home by now, and she couldn't help but worry.

Then, a flash. Whirlwind lift her head up, staring at an older mare, who looked wobbly. Mojo jumped up to help her ; but she recovered quickly from her transportation spell and was fine enough to trot on her own ... toward the little pegasus.

"Don't be afraid, I won't hurt you. My name is Starflower and I'm here to help." she introduced herself, kneeling nex to her patient. "How are you feeling now?"

"Hello, uh ..." the pink pony started awkwardly. "I ... I feel fine, well, I am very tired, but I feel fine, it's just that I can't fly, it's like I worked my wings too much, and now they can't carry me all the way home to Clousdale, you see."

"And tell me, what have you done to work your wings so much ? " She was turning around her now, gently examining the pegasus' wings.

"Well, er, you probably saw it, but, er, I don't have a left leg anymore, and my arm was broken, and I just got out of the casts, and I wanted to see if I could stand up, because the doctors said I'll never walk again, but you see, I wished I could at least stand up ... so I tried ... again and again ... all day long ... " Whirlwind's voice died in her throat. "I'm sorry ..." she added in a tiny whisper.

"Hush now, there's nothing to worry about, my dear." Starflower tried to comfort the little pony. "Now, does it hurt when I press here ? "

"No, that's ok." the filly replied.

The nurse continued her check-up, asking a few other similar questions, gently reassuring the pegasus, until she finally concluded : "Well, there was more fear than harm. But you need to rest, you just recovered from a major accident, and your body still need to recuperate. Don't use your wings until tomorrow, and don't push yourself too much, and you should be fine, my dear."

"Ok ..." Whirlwind answered with an embarassed smile. "But I can't move without my wings and I have to tell my parents that I'm fine and I can't just stay here in the grass, it's going to rain tonight ... "

(ooc : Mojo let me play Starflower for this post.)

(ooc): Yes, I did give Ancre permission to use Starflower and it was an EXCELLENT job!

"You did good, Wings!' Mojo said as he turned towards the blonde maned Pegasus. "Brought this lovely angel of mercy to us. Well done!'

"Thanks Modge,' Jubilee said with a smile as she walked over to the other side to get a better look at Whirlwind. "So glad you're getting the help you need, Whirlwind. Now we can finally get the chance to chat. What brings you to this part of Equestria? I'm trying to get my big break in the entertainment world. Someday, I want to be as famous as my idol, Sapphire Shores! Now THAT'S a pony superstar!'

"Half a mo', Wings. Our new friend needs to rest. Shouldn't talk her ears off.'

"You just don't understand because you're a GUY!'

"Please stop quarreling you two!' Starflower interrupted, as the unicorn mare turned her head towards Whirlwind. "Don't worry, young lady, I'm sure between the three of us we can take care of you now. You there, Mojo is it? I take it that wagon over there is yours, correct?'

"Sure is, babe!'

"Knock off the flirting, I'm old enough to be your mother and I'm not your type. We need to get Whirlwind to shelter. That wagon of yours will do. Have you got a bed for her to lie down in?

"Better than that, miss! I sleep in a hammock! I have some to spare because I sell them, each one hoofmade by me and.. '

"Very good. I believe I can levitate her into one of your hammocks if you'll be kind enough to set one up.

"Right-O!' the Paint stallion said as he galloped to his wagon.

"And you, Jubilee, you need to fly over to Cloudsdale and alert Whirlwind's parents about the situation. We can keep her safe until they can fly down to bring her back home.

"Roger Wilco!' the white Pegasus said as she saluted with her left hoof. "All I need to know is who they are and where they live and I'll get the word to them!'

Still a little bit confused, Whirlwind watched Mojo and Jubilee discuss and bicker playfully like the old friends they probably were. The white pegasus looked like she wanted to start a conversation with her, but the hippie pony wouldn't let her. Whirlwind raised an eyebrow in curiosity, but eventually decided to just watch and wait for everypony to calm down a bit, if that was ever to happen.

Finally Starflower decided to take care of the last things that needed to be sorted out. She asked Mojo to provide a shelter and a bed for Whirlwind, and Jubilee to tell her parents what happened. They both agreed without a second thought, and the white pegasus looked at the pink one for directions while the earth stallion was running to his wagon.

« Well, they own a general store in Cloudsdale, that's named "Cloudsdale's General Store", and yes, I know » Whirlwind started, rolling her eyes at her parents' absolute lack of imagination, « You'll probably meet my dad, since he's the one really taking care of the shop, my mom's always taking care of the deliveries, he's blue, he always look serious and he probably have a pencil tucked over his ear, oh and his name is Winter Wind and I guess that's it ? » she concluded with a smile.

« Oh, on second thought, » she added hastily, « tell them I'm ok, don't tell them I'm stuck and that I needed a doctor and everything, just tell them that I'm fine, and that I'm staying with a friend tonight, and that I'll be home tomorrow. I mean, if that's okay with you. I just, I mean, they already went through so much with my accident, I just don't wanna scare them anymore, I don't want them to be worried about me, so ... » the little pony bit her lips, letting her sentence go unfinished.

« But anyways, whatever you do will make me happy, I don't want them to worry and wonder what happened to me like last time, so ... thank you. This mean a lot to me, and I won't forget. Thank you. » Whirlwind finally finished with a sigh. She was feeling so much better now ; it felt like a great burden was taken off her shoulders. She was just starting to realise how much she was worried about it.

« And thank you Starflower, » she added, with a bright smile on her face, « I'll have to thank Mojo too. Everypony have been so kind to me today ! I don't know what I would've done without you all. »

Everything was finally starting to get better ! And on that note, she finished the tea Mojo gave her earlier. It was a bit cold, but it was much more enjoyable now that she wasn't anxious. Perhaps she'll be able to have some more.

"Ok Whirlwind,' Jubilee said. "Cloudsdale General Store, blue stallion, Winter Wind's his name, just tell him you're OK and you're staying with friends tonight, got it! Right?'

"ALL SET OVER HERE!' Mojo shouted as he opened the main stage on this peddler's wagon. "Opened up the whole thing to make it easier for ya to place her in this open hammock! I'll hold it open too!'

"Very good, Mojo!' Starflower shouted back as she looked towards Whirlwind. "Ok, I'm going to gently lift you and put you in Mojo's hammock. The hammock will allow you to rest and keep the weight off of your wings and legs. Here we go!'

Starflower closed her eyes as her horn began to glow. Soon Whirlwind found herself levitated by Starflower's unicorn magic. Carefully, she floated the Pegasus filly through the air where Mojo held the hammock open with his teeth. Gently, Whirlwind was set into the comfortable hammock. Mojo had laid a fluffy, woolen blanket in it with a pillow at the head for added comfort. With precise movement, Starflower placed her into the hammock. The light blue unicorn mare opened her eyes and panted.

"Whew! I'm not as young as I used to be.'

"There you are, love, snug as a bug in a rug! Care for some more tea? Got plenty of it piping hot and ready!'

"I'll have some! I'll have some!' Jubilee shouted. "That tea of yours will give me an extra boost for my trip to Cloudsdale! And it tastes good too!'

"I thought I smelled herbal tea brewing. I could use some of that myself!'

"Tea for everypony! Groovy!'

Starflower didn't wait. As soon as Mojo poured the first cup, she used her unicorn powers to levitate it to her lips.

"HAY! Me first! I have an important mission to complete for Whirlwind!'

"Hold your horses, Wings, plenty of tea her to go around. Ya gotta learn to relax, chill out, settle your spirit down. Everypony needs to do more of that now and then.'

• 2 weeks later...

(ooc : so sorry for the wait ! )

The pink pony gazed with wonder at Mojo's wagon as she was being levitated into it. It was wide open, and full of all the goods he intended to sell on his trip. And it looked amazing : it was full of colors and lights and shapes and she didn't knew what half of the stuff did but it seemed very interesting. She was gently levitated in the hammock Mojo kept open with his mouth. He had given her a pillow and blanket as well, and she smiled to the tired unicorn mare and to the happy hippie pony, thanking them once again.

The brown stallion proposed another serving of tea, and everypony agreed with enthusiasm. Whirlwind chuckled gently when they started to fight over who would have the first cup : Starflower had it, as she took it with authority and her unicorn magic, letting Jubilee complain. Mojo calmed her down gently and eventually everypony had their cup ; the pink pegasus was happy to warm up her hooves with it once again, as it was slowly getting cold in the Nimbusgait Lakes. The little group remained silent for a moment.

" Hey Jubilee," the little filly called from her hammock, " We have a little time to chat now ! ... So, where do you come from ? " She was trying to engage a conversation, because the other pegasus seemed very eager to do so earlier.

"I was born and raised in Cloudsdale!" Jubilee shouted proudly, flapping her wings until she was hovering beside of Whirlwind. "I was once enrolled in a Flight School there, but my heart's just not into Pegasus racing. It was at my first Flight Camp that I was introduced to the music of Saphirre Shores! THE Saphirre Shores! Listening to her songs sparked my dream of someday becoming a big entertainer, like her!"

"And you'll get there someday, Wings," added Mojo. "But when ya get to the top of the heap, love, just don't forget about the little people like me."

"NEVER! Modge, your my best friend in the entire world, you KNOW I won't forget you!"

"Are you alright, Whirlwind?" Starflower asked. "Are you comfortable? Is there anything else we can get for you? Glad we're indoors, looks like the big rainstorm is coming soon!"

• 3 weeks later...

"Yeah, flight schools are lame, they never think about anything else than races, when there's so much else to do !" Whirlwind happily joined the chatting, as she had so much less to worry about now. "But, singing, well that's a big change of cursus !"

She let Jubilee continue the discussion with Mojo. The pink pony warmed herself with a sip of tea, admiring the wagon she was in ; it was nice to be able to relax for a while like this. It was her first time outside since her accident, and she had to admit that she missed hanging out with friends. All she ever did at home was worrying about her parents and getting bored out of her skull.

Eventually Starflower pulled her out of her daydreaming, wondering how she was. "Oh, I'm fine," the pegasus stated simply ; "I'm comfortable and I have tea and you already did so much for me ! And you ?" She asked in return, "You're fine aren't you ? I made you work a lot after all. I bet you didn't expect to rescue little pegasus from stupid mistakes when you decided to be a doctor ! Say, why did you became a doctor ?"

The rain cloud started to gather heavily above their heads ; but it felt like everypony was about to spend a nice evening inside the little wagon, drinking tea and telling stories. Mojo did crafted himself a comfortable house after all. And Whirlwind wasn't worried about the weather, they still had time before the rain began to fall and stopped Jubilee to go and reassure her parents, she thought.

"If you’re finished your tea, you got a mission to complete, Wings," Mojo said. "Gotta go tell Whirlwind’s folks where she is."

"Can you make it to Cloudsdale and back before the storm hits? Starflower asked. "The weather could get very bad up there in the sky."

"HEY! This is Jubilee Flyer you’re talkin’ to!" the young Pegasus shouted proudly, "I may not be a champion speed flyer, but I’m still plenty swift in the air! And if any rain clouds give me trouble, I’ll kick’m out of the way! Don’t worry, Whirlwind, I won’t let you down. Be back before you know it!"

"Be careful out there, Wings."

"Here, wear these goggles," Starflower said, using her unicorn powers to float a pair of goggles from off one of the walls of the wagon up to the hovering Pegasus. Jubilee slipped them over her eyes, gave the ‘thumbs up’ sign with her left front hoof, and then flew out of the wagon and up into the sky.

"Good thinking, Star! I forgot that I carry goggles in my inventory." Mojo said as he turned towards Whirlwind in her hammock. "No worries, miss. I built this wagon watertight. We’ll be safe from the rainstorm in here."

"I’ll need to spend the night here too," Starflower said as she stood up and was now eye level with Whirlwind. "Now to answer your question. Actually, I’m a nurse, not a doctor. And I developed a love of nursing when I was very young, even younger than you, I’d wager. It all started when our family began to care for a ill pony in our home. I stayed by his bedside nearly all day and night until he was strong and well enough to leave. During that time, I got my starflower cutie mark. That was the day I realized I was destined to a life of helping ill or injured ponies get well. I’ve been a nurse for a long time, even founded a pony clinic in my hometown. There’s nothing to be embarrassed about, Whirlwind. The important thing is you’re safe now and with proper rest, you’ll be as good as new very soon!"

"Listen to the nurse, love. She knows what she’s doing. Looks like I need to get three more hammocks out of inventory and set them up. There’s enough room in here for the four of us to sleep comfy cozy."

"Wait a minute, all of us together? Sleeping in the same room?"

"Don’t have a choice, Star. I’d offer to sleep outside, but it’ll be raining hard all night, so that’s out of the question. If you’re afraid of me, not to worry! All of us will be in hammocks, so no possibility of hanky panky here! I’d NEVER reproach a lady, my parents taught me better than that. Besides, Whirlwind’s a guest, Wings is my best friend in the whole world and like you said before, Star, you’re old enough to be me mum, so I won’t be trying any funny business with any of you gals, right? Wings trusts me, and so can you and Whirlwind."

"Well, alright Mojo. I suppose that under the circumstances, we should all stay together. But if you DO try anything naughty, you’ll need a doctor when I get through with you!”

"No need to make threats, love. That’s not cool. Chill out! Think of this as a slumber party at a friend’s house!”

"Slumber party? Good! Then Jubilee and I can give YOU a makeover!"

"Hey! That don’t jive with me! I’m Mojo, not Mare-jo!”

"Just joking with you!” the tall purple unicorn mare laughed, causing Mojo to laugh with her.

• 2 weeks later...

Everypony chatted for a while, but eventually it was time for Jubilee to go. Whirlwind waved her hoof at her fellow pegasus, wishing her good luck and asking her to take care of herself. Starflower raised her concerns, but Jubilee waved them off - she was quite certain she could do it by herself ! The older unicorn still floated a pair of goggles to her, and off went the little pegasus.

It was about to rain. Mojo the hippie pony said they were all fine under the roof of his wagon, and he started to hang the hammocks and to organize the place so they all could sleep safely. The older nurse pony was surprised to learn that they were going to sleep together, and voiced it out loud. Whirlwind giggled (she certainly wasn't scared !) while Mojo quickly defended himself of having any ill thoughts. Starflower did a few threats, but the tension defused with a few jokes and soon every pony was back to laughing again.

"Oh, you two are the best ! " The pink pegasus started, before collapsing into giggles with them. They were quite fun to watch, she thought, with all their bickering and their jokes. She had a cute, high pitched laugh, and she did her best not to fall off her hammock.

It started to rain. A few droplets at first, turning into a serious downpour in a matter of seconds. The whole sky became grey with rainwater, and inside the wagon the ponies could hear the sound of the rain falling against the roof, like the thunder of a thousand hooves.

"That's a cool way to get a cutie mark," The little pony stated to the nurse once every pony calmed down, trying to get back in the discussion. She sat on her hammock, looking at the two other ponies in the wagon. "hey, how did you get yours Mojo ? "

"I'll be happy to share that story with ya, love," Mojo proudly announced.

"I would like to hear that story too," added Starflower as she sat on the floor next to Whirlwind's hammock. As the Paint stallion began to speak, Jubilee arrived back at the wagon, letting herself in through the side door.

"I'm back guys!" Julibee neighed before Mojo rushed over to hug her.

"Glad to see ya made it, Wings!"

"Hay, it was a piece of cake!" the blonde maned Pegasus spoke as she fluttered up to Whirlwind. "Found your folks, told them you'd be safe with all of us. No problem!"

"I'm happy to see you again too, Jubilee," Starflower said with a smile. "Mojo was about to share his cutie mark story with us."

"Oh I LOVE this story!" Jubilee shouts as she lands in a nearby hammock, "this story NEVER gets old! Fire away, Modge!"

"That's groovy! Here's the lowdown on my cutie mark. I was born on a farm not far from here. My parents and I had a happy life there on the farm surrounded by other farming pony families. As a colt, they taught me how to appreciate and create hoofmade arts and crafts, how to grow food without the use of magic and the virtues of living in peace with nature and with other ponies. I took their teachings to heart and even in my school days, I avoided fighting and kept those foals around me at peace by words. I was quite the wordsmith back then, and one day I recited a poem I wrote about peace and love and THAT'S when it happened! After I finished my presentation, I got my peace sign cutie mark."

"And that's how he became Mojo, the pony of peace!" added Jubilee, clapping her front hooves together. "Ol' Modge is being too modest! He has a special talent for making ponies feel more relaxed. Sometimes he's broken up arguments just by walking into a room!"

"Now Wings, I think you might be stretching things a might. I'm no pony special, I'm just me."

"Well, I think that's a delightful story," Starflower said with a grin of approval. "You certainly have remained calm and cool throughout this situation."

"Thanks Star," Mojo said as the rain began to fall harder. When the first crack of thunder was heard, a frighten Starflower instinctively grabbed Mojo and held him tight in fear, her whole unicorn frame trembling.

"Wow Starflower! Didn't know YOU were scared of a little bit of thunder!" Jubilee laughed. Now aware of what she has just done, Starflower released the Paint pony.

"I'm not afraid! Not at all!"

"So, ya just hugged me cause you felt the love vibes I was sending across the room, Star?"

"Well, I, I..."

"Chill out, love. Nothin' wrong with fearing thunder! We're all friends here. We'll make it through this night together, right?"

"RIGHT!"

"Right," Starflower said, feeling more calm as she returned to her spot next to Whirlwind's hammack. "So, what shall we do next to pass the time before bedtime?"

• 2 weeks later...

“Hey Jubilee ! “ Whirlwind greeted happily.

The bright pegasus had come back from her mission, entering from the back door of the wagon. Mojo rushed toward her and gave her a hug ; then she proudly announced that she made it without any problems. She flied toward Whirlwind and told her she had found her parents and told them she was fine, no problem.

“Thank you” the pink pegasus replied, honestly relieved. “Thank you, really ! They won't worry about me now. I'm glad they know I'm ok. ” It was good to know that the problem was solved ! Well, they would probably ask her a ton of questions tomorrow, and they'll probably be mad at her too, but she could handle it, she guessed …

Jubilee landed in a hammock. They well all listening to Mojo now, cramped in the little wagon. The hippie pony was about to tell the story of his cutie mark. He told it with his usual peaceful, calming voice : he had always been a pacific pony, even as a foal, and he gained his cutie mark when he wrote and read out loud a poem about love. Jubilee clapped her hooves together and energetically added that he had a talent for making ponies feel more relaxed. Starflower agreed with Jubilee, and Whirlwind as well. Mojo thanked them all.

The rain started to fall harder ; it was nice to hear it drumming against the roof. Whirlwind closed her eyes and listened, drowsing happily in her hammock. She could have fallen asleep, like that … but thunder fell. It fell down to earth with a mighty rumble, scarring the dark skies with its great white light. Thunder ! The pink pegasus raised her head to watch it through the opening in the wagon. Thunder was awesome !

She didn't see Starflower panicking, but she heard Jubilee laughing. What was going on ? Whirlwind turned her head : Starflower released Mojo out of her hug, and was actively denying that she was scared of thunder. Still, the Paint pony she was hugging reassured her well, and it is with a little more confidence and a little less shaking that the nurse returned to her place.

“You don't have to be scared of thunder !” Whirlwind started, “it's a lot of light in the middle of a dark, cloudy sky ! You know, the clouds, they're all made of water, so they're surely happy to rain, it's what they are meant for, after all, and when they do thunder, it must means they're really happy ! We're all unhappy when it rains because we're Earth, Sky or Magic ponies and we're not Water ponies, but the clouds must be happy to rain and I'm sure they mean no harm.” The little pink pony concluded her strange explanation with a big smile for Starflower. She probably wasn't very reassuring, but she had good intentions …

And then she yawned, closing her eyes, her mouth wide open. “I don't know, what do you want to talk about ?” Whirlwind answered the older unicorn's question, addressing herself to nopony in particular. She was getting too tired to think about something to do.

"We could tell ghost stories," Jubilee suggested. "Isn't that traditional during a sleepover?"

"Indeed it is," Starflower said with a wicked grin as Mojo set up another lava lamp to brighten up the inside of the wagon.

"There now," Mojo said as he climbed into his hammack. "That'll give us plenty of light for the next few hours. So Star, you have a ghost story? Groovy!"

"Yes guys, let me tell you the story of the Midnight Rider of Hoofington!" the light blue unicorn neighed. She told the story flawlessly, over the course of fifteen minutes, a story so scary that it caused Jubilee to quake in fear. Mojo laid calmly as he heard the story, with a calm expression on her face.

"And then, when the full moon came out and all the town's residents sprang to their windows to see where the rattling noise was coming from, they saw him..... the Midnight Rider! With a head aflame in fire and hooves of steel! BOOOOOOOOOOO!"

The sounds Starflower made frightened Jubilee so much, she rolled out of her hammack to the wooden floor.

"That one really scared ya, huh Wings?"

"I wasn't scared! I just... lost control of my hammack, that's all."

"Sure ya did, Wings, sure ya did!"

As Mojo laughed, Jubilee smacked him with her pillow.

"Take THAT, Modge!"

"Two can play at THAT game!" Mojo neighed, grabbing his pillow in his teeth and swatting the blonde Pegasus with it.

"Will you two stop this behavior? Stop hitting each other with your pillows!"

"Ok"

"Alright, Star."

Mojo and Jubilee looked at each other, nodded, and then took their pillows and hit the taller unicorn with them.

"HAY!" she shouted before bursting into laughter. Using her unicorn powers, Starflower levitated all three of their pillows and began playfully striking the hippie brony and the white furred Pegasus with them. Soon, an all out pillow fight broke out and feathers began to fly all over the inside of the wagon.

As Whirlwind had no idea what to do, Jubilee suggested ghost stories. Starflower agreed to the idea with a strange grin, and Mojo turned on the lava lamps. Soon the only source of light were these lamps, with their ghastly ghost-like shapes, stretching the shadows in the wagon. The older unicorn started to tell the tale of the Midnight Rider of Hoofington, with a creepiness in her voice only matched by the creepiness of her face under the faint colored light of the lamps.

It was a scary story. The ponies stood silent, listening, shivering, as Starflower's words were powerful enough to make the story sound real, and they all half expected, or feared, something … Ghosts weren't real, were they ? And Starflower kept on and on, rising the tension, until the story reached its conclusion – and with an eerie scream she terrified them all, making Jubilee fall out of her hammock; landing flatly on the wagon's wooden floor.

Well, she terrified Jubilee and Whirlwind all right. Mojo was looking at his friend, clearly amused of her reactions, telling her how scared she looked. He had stayed calm during the entire story. The brash white pegasus promptly denied, which only made him laugh. She then started to hit him with her pillow, the discussion promptly degenerated in a pillow fight.

“Will you two stop this behavior ? Stop hitting each other with your pillows !” The nurse intervened, scolding them. The two ponies both took a sorry face, and the fun seemed to be over … But Mojo and Jubilee looked at each other, and then hit the unicorn nurse. “HAY!” Laughing, Starflower levitated the pillows, aimed at the brown pony and the white pegasus and began to playfully beat them repeatedly.

She was so caught up in chasing Mojo and Jubilee around, she didn't see the flying pillow coming in her back, striking her smack on the head.

“Gotcha ! ” grinned Whirlwind. She couldn't move, but that didn't meant she wasn't dangerous ! But her grin didn't last long – “oof !” a flying pillow abruptly crashed on her face, and soon she joined in the fun, her fatigue forgotten now, catching pillows and throwing them back. Feathers flew everywhere, and the ponies fought with their pillows in a cheerful chaos.

“You can't hide from me !” The pink pony laughed. She couldn't move, but she could throw, and everypony else had to watch out for her or receive a pillow in the head. Most of the times she'll catch the pillows sent in her direction, but sometimes one would smack her in the face and she would lose precious seconds to stand up on her hammock again. Everypony was having a lot of fun.

Until … – CRASH !!! – a pillow landed in Mojo's supplies of trade goods. Whirlwind watched with horror her projectile slowly fall on the delicate jewelry, the costly lamps, the important whatever that was the hippie pony's livelihood, breaking the fragile stuff, making a mess out of the rest. It was the pink pony's fault – she was the one who did most of the throwing, the others were happy enough to hit each other with the pillows. And it was her pillow, anyways. Whirlwind, once again, had paid no attention to what she was doing.

After many silent seconds, the filly looked at Mojo, clearly ashamed of herself, and quickly blurted out “I-I'm sorry. I, I'll pay for the mess !” before dropping her gaze to the floor.

Suddenly, all the fun and frolic stopped when Whirlwind's pillow struck a rack of Mojo's wares. The sound of breaking glass and busted jewelry filled the air as Starflower, Jubilee and Mojo stopped to stare at all the damage.

When Mojo heard the young filly's apology, he simply smiled at her.

"It's ok, love. Accidents happen." the Paint stallion said calmly.

"It's OK? IT'S OK!!!" Jubilee neighed. "Mojo I KNOW it took you weeks to create all that stuff! How can it be OK?"

"We were all horsin' around, Wings. Can't hardly blame Whirlwind for joining in on the fun, can we?"

"But what about this mess? You can't repair most of this stuff that Whirlwind wrecked!"

"Wait a minute guys, I have an idea," Starflower said as the light blue unicorn mare stood to her four feet. "There's a magic spell I've been working on. I used it once successfully back at my clinic when one of my assistants dropped a crate of glass test tubes. It's a time reversal spell. It's tricky, but I think I can do it now. Stand back, give me plenty of room."

Mojo and Julibee slowly backup up as Starflower lowered her head, closed her eyes and recited a quick chant. All the gathered ponies watched in amazement at the taller unicorn's glowing horn and the way the rack began to glow as well. As if they were watching a movie that was rolling backward, the group saw all the lava lamps, jewelry and other broken items 'reassemble' themselves and fly back up on the rack. When the rack and all the items on it were now back to normal, the pillow Whirlwind had thrown came flying backward towards her. Seconds before impact, Julibee flew upward to intercept it just as Starflower collasped on the floor.

"STARFLOWER!" Mojo and Julibee shouted in unison as they surrounded the passed out mare.

"That move must've drained her magical energy!" Jubilee shouted. "Modge, we have to do something to help her!"

"You bet I will, Wings," the Paint stallion said as he opened a small wooden chest and picked up a small gem in his mouth. Then he walked over and placed the purple gem upon Starflower's forehead.

"What are you doing?"

"That's a Magic Stone. They are very rare and that was my last one. Legend says they possess hidden magical power, we'll see if that's true."

Within seconds, the purple stone began to glow, causing Starflower's horn to glow the same color. An instant burst of bright light caused the ponies to briefly turn their heads away until the light dimmed down until it stopped glowing altogether. The Magic Stone vanished as the light blue unicorn mare opened her eyes and got back up on her feet.

"What happened?" Starflower asked, shaking her head brlefly to get her bearings back.

"STARFLOWER!" Jubilee shouted as she flew up and hugged her long neck.

"Welcome back, Star," Mojo said with a bright smile. "And thanks a ton for savin' me stock merchandise! That magic spell of yours worked!"

"You're welcome, my friend. The last thing I remember was that I fell to the floor and felt that my energy was sapped. Yet now, I feel great!"

"Mojo used his last Magic Stone on you!" Jubilee neighed, releasing her hug.

"A Magic Stone? Oh Mojo, I know how rare those things are, Non-unicorns pay a fortune to buy those stones from vendors. Why did you use one on me?"

"The same reason you came here to me wagon in the first place, to help a pony who needed it. Well, it was either that or I would have had to try mouth to mouth resucitation on ya. Probably not a good option to use."

"Thanks, but I feel bad that you used it to save me. I'll find you another one, I promise!"

"No worries, love. After all, you fixed all me stuff, it's the least I could've done."

"You are a good friend, Mojo," Starflower said as she reached over to kiss the hippie brony on the cheek, instantly causing him to blush. Jubilee then fluttered up to Whirlwind's hammack.

"Whirlwind, I'm so sorry I blew up at you like that. Mojo's right, it was just an accident. Can you forgive me?"

Ashamed of herself, and unsure about what to do, Whirlwind just closed her eyes and gritted her teeth. Mojo was likely to yell at her (and rightly so, after all, he helps and all she does is break stuff). But to her surprise, the hippie pony remained calm ; it was her friend Jubilee who shouted her anger. She tried to say something, to find something to say, but she couldn't, and it was Mojo, of all ponies, who did her best to calm her down. The little pink pegasus just felt even worse.

Starflower, the older unicorn, stopped the argument and proposed to repair the mess. The ponies gave her space as much as they could in the cramped wagon. She used a complicated spell that reversed time, bringing the shattered glass together and the broken goods back in their places, intact, and even threw the pillow back at Whirlwind. It wasn't time to play, and Jubilee caught it just in time, before the projectile had a chance to hit the little pony.

Starflower fainted. Whirlwind gasped, Jubilee and Mojo shouted and ran toward her. They helped them as best as they could, and the brown pony even used up another of it's pricey goods to help. He brought a magic stone, that emitted a light that restored Starflower's health. After a bit of anxious time, the older unicorn opened her eyes, and stood up, wondering what just happened to her. Jubilee hugged her, and Mojo thanked her profusely, both glad that the few minutes of terror were over.

Whirlwind watched them for a moment. Mojo was a really nice pony, he was never angry, or he never showed his anger, and he was always ready to offer his help to other, however much it costed her. But she didn't listened to the discussion : Jubilee flew towards her and apologized.

“No, don't worry, I forgive you.” Whirlwind replied awkwardly. “You were right to be angry anyways, I screwed up again, I don't even understand why he wasn't. And, and ...” And what ? What could she do anyways ? She was stuck here, unable to fly, unable to walk, unable to move, unable to help, likely to be grounded forever the minute she set a foot home, she really wanted to repay Mojo for all his kindness and all his help, but she didn't knew how to do it.

The little pony sighed. All she ever did was breaking stuff, causing the ponies around her to nearly kill themselves of exhaustion to fix the mistakes she made. But she didn't had to add her problems to this whole mess as well ! She smiled to Jubilee, trying to be reassuring. “He's a good pony. And I'm not angry at you at all. And don't worry, it won't happen again, I promess !”

Starflower, Jubilee and Mojo came up to Whirlwind's hammack.

"No apology necessary, miss," Mojo said with a smile.

"Apologize? You're my patient, miss Whirlwind." Starflower said softly. "We are all here to make you comfortable and help you get well. We should have been more sensative to your needs."

"Yeah, er, what they said," the fluttering Jubilee said. "Don't worry about a thing!"

"Sounds like the rain is very steady now. Better hit the hay and get some rest."

"Mojo's right, let's go to sleep," Starflower said as she floated herself up into her hammack. Jubilee flew up to climb into hers while Mojo slowing climbed into his low hanging hammack after turning off all the lava lamps but one. He left that one on low in case anypony needed to get up during the night.

"Night, Whirdwind!"

"Goodnight dear, sleep well."

"Night Whirlwind. See ya in the morning."

The crisis had been averted, and everypony turned towards Whirlwind, with words of comfort. The little pink pony gave them a small smile, a bit unsure of herself.

“Thanks guys. I'll pay more attention next time, I swear.”

Then she turned toward the older unicorn nurse and hesitated a bit. Starflower had exhausted herself trying to repair the trade goods, and Whirlwind really wanted to speak her mind about it – but, on the other hoof, she wasn't really one to speak, after all.

“Starflower ...” she finally settled. “Why did you … I mean, there's no need to put yourself in danger to save an object. There's nothing worth as much as you, so …” She stopped, twiddling her mane, avoiding the unicorn. “Uh, I'm sorry. Just, don't hurt yourself, especially for this. I mean, it'll make other ponies sad. It's important to pay attention.”

There. She'd said it. She didn't really knew if she had said enough, or too little, or too much, and was still as uneasy as before. The little pegasus felt relieved to see Mojo changing the subject, suggesting they should go to bed. Starflower agreed, and Jubilee too, and soon they shut the lights out and went to sleep, wishing good night to each other.

“Good night everypony.” Whirlwind replied, and in a whisper : “and thank you.”