Phoenix Down {Ready!}

QuickLime

PhoenixDownBanner_zpsc08f48a8.png

Name: Phoenix Down

Species: Pegasus

Eye colour: Sharp Blue

Character colour: A very soft grey, almost white

Mane/Tail/Other: Her mane and tail are both jet black,with a darker blue highlight, her mane is short and cut in a sort of bob that comes to about her cheeks, her bangs are the same blue as the highlight in her tail, and she has the section that's highlighted in a braid, her tail is medium length and has a slight wave to it.

Physique: Sturdy and strong, with a slender build to cause ease of flight.

Residence: Canterlot

Cutie Mark: A Gavel that has a single phoenix feather crossing it, making an X Shape, the tip of the feather is on fire.

Unique Traits: A hunger for the truth at all costs, a sense of justice, and many many terrible fire related puns

History: Phoenix was born to two bigwig defense attorneys who had started off as rivals! Her mother Sharp Justice was originally a prosecutor that had a rather bitter Rivalry with her father Dashing Deceptions, a very highly praised defense attorney! The two realized how in love they were when they did a case involving a rather serious crime, realizing her client was /lying/ to her Sharp Justice teamed up with Dashing Deception and they exposed the truth! Shortly after she became a defense attorney and the two opened a partnership together, and that soon became whirlwind romance.

When Phoenix was born her Mother cooed that she saw such fire in those blue eyes! And her mane and tail were really fluffy and puffy so her dad joked they should name her Phoenix down, like the softness of a baby birds first feathers, hearing the name she giggled and clapped her hooves eagerly, making them decide right then and there that was what her name would indeed be!

Phoenix growing up at her parents knees was always involved in the court process, maybe not actively but she was still a presence, listening to her parents take notes, and coach each other, and sometimes sitting in on trials if they weren't too extreme for little ears!

She soon developed a deep love of justice and getting the truth out that her parents did! And worked hard to study in school so she could one day go to law school!

Though she was very bright and KNEW what she wanted to do, that stubborn cutie mark just WOULDN'T appear! It was a constant source of frustration for the poor filly! One day the class was assigned a test that was a real big one! It was hard and Phoenix poured her heart out on the books, reading and studying, and did her best! Beaming as she revealed that she got a 100%! However she glanced the paper over again and noticed 1: that she actually had gotten two questions wrong and the teacher hadn't noticed, and 2: she had misspelled a few words that also had gone unnoticed!

What was a poor filly to do!? She had worked hard, and a stubborn part of her thought So what if I didn't REALLY earn it!? I studied hard and the teacher didn't even notice...

She tried to justify it in her head but she knew in her heart that this wasn't right,So with a heavy heart she returned to the teacher and pointed out the mistakes the busy teacher had accidentally overlooked. The teacher was baffled and asked her why she had shown it to him when he wouldn't have ever known?! Phoenix just shifted and pushed up her glasses.

"I'd rather lose with the truth than win with a lie"

The teacher admired her honesty and told her that he hoped one day she would use that good sense of right and wrong to lead her to great things, and in that moment, in her heart of hearts she knew that's what she wanted to do, for nopony else would have her sense of fairness and truth! And with a FLASH! Her cutie mark appeared on her flank! Symbolizing her passion for her chosen career, and her burning desire for the truth.

After going to law school,doing awesome (though occasionally procrastinating to the last minute, nearly flunked a class by waiting too long to do a paper) She did graduate with honors moving on shortly after to be a defense attorney! Battling injustice and finding the truth in every case! Doing her best to see that the innocent never suffered the misdeeds of a liar.

The work however was getting stressful, she had her own law firm now and couldn't quite handle all the paperwork! Through the grapevine she heard of a young and upcoming Attorney named Robikku Pegasus and she was more than eager to give the boy a chance!

After seeing examples of his work she offered to take him under her wing and have him be her assistant and co owner of her law firm, Robikku was elated to get this opportunity and Phoenix Robikku CO was born!

Character Summary: Phoenix is a bright and sharp witted mare, with a level head that on occasion gets hot under the collar! Constantly driven to do the right thing, and to get the truth she excels at her job due to her passion. However she is very slow on modern slang, tends to take things too literally, and sometimes really doesn't know when to let something go, especially if she feels she's been slighted in any way. Tending to hold a grudge for a while, though is pretty quick to drop it if she feels the person is sincere in their apology, or if it was simply an accident. If not motivated she will procrastinate to the max, and tries to avoid anything that involves paperwork "That's what I got my assistant fooor" is her cry when paperwork get's mentioned.

Phoenix has a deep love for books, a good game of chess, and a well brewed cup of coffee ; Not really the adventuring sort she does often find herself unable to tell somepony no and ends up going along with their shenanigans due to a sad look, or a heart felt plea. She has a love of parties, Hearts Warming eve is one of her biggest and most favorite of holidays so she can show off her second talent! Cooking! Yes she loves to prepare huge, elaborate feasts to stuff her guests to bursting! A very honest mare that always tells you what's on her mind, even when she really could gentle it a little outside of the court room, and in her youth she had a habit of making snappy, rude replies to a prosecutor during trial, however she has long ended that habit (though can slip on occasion and does quickly apologize.

She used to lose her cases when she was young and hot headed, due to letting herself get distracted with bickering with the prosecution, but now that she is older, and has been around the block a few times, she feels she is finally living up to both her parent's history as well as blazing her own trai,

Phoenixdownbodyshot_zpsdd4707b0.png

No, the crossover ban for WoE/CC only applies to characters who are directly lifted from another non-MLP character. This OC is not similar enough to Phoenix Wright to be considered a crossover character.

• Like 1

Yes, there is a reference to both, however could you two refrain from idly chattering in my app please? If you have feedback that's great but other than that I'd sorta prefer it if you didn't post.

There's no foul here; Dreamy's comment was in direct reference to your character design. Speaking of which...

I understand the kind of character this is, but I think you might try toning her down a little in terms of her unbridled skill, e.g.:

To the surprise of no one she went to law school and graduated top of her class

How many times have we seen that one, honestly? Maybe there's a different way to phrase it, like "She was quite successful in school, and gave her best to graduate with honors." This comes off less pretentious and I think will improve the tone of the character.

Also, I do have issue with this:

Robikku has to keep the hot headed mare in tact sometimes, and often is the one to be assured they get PAYED for their work, since Phoenix will dive head first into a case (especially if it is interesting) and not even think about money till the bills come in!

Since Robikku is not your character, it would be best to not to describe his interactions with Phoenix and instead just stick with a brief description of their partnership. Also, "payed" should be "paid."

Finally, I'm not quite sure why there are so many exclamation points at the end of your sentences. It would be best to use normal punctuation conventions to keep the reading and flow of the application in line with our quality standards.

Thankies Lime!

Updated the app, Mentioned that I got permission for the history, and expanded it a little, reduced top of class to honors, and added a few more personal faults, and explained her beginnings as an attorney, she's not a newbie beginner, she's been doing this for a while, and I did want to express she does know what she's doing.

Finally, I'm not quite sure why there are so many exclamation points at the end of your sentences. It would be best to use normal punctuation conventions to keep the reading and flow of the application in line with our quality standards

It was a subtle nod to the video games "OBJECTION!!!" normally with lots of exclamation points ^^; that's all.

No, the crossover ban for WoE/CC only applies to characters who are directly lifted from another non-MLP character. This OC is not similar enough to Phoenix Wright to be considered a crossover character.

Really? This is off the hook then.