[Bridleback Beach] A Vacation to Remember! (SS, Valen, Special Guests!)

AlisonRose

-Silver Spoon-

It was a day like any other really for Silver Spoon, her family had started on a Vacation, they asked her where she wanted to go this time. The answer was always the same: the beach. Her parents made her pack the bags and make sure she had everything, she did. She had her books, her parasol, her glasses, and of course lots of sunscreen. She said her goodbyes to her friends at school making sure to give Diamond Tiara and Winter Dazzle the addresses that they could send her letters by if they wanted to.

The trip to the beach was as boring as ever, this time they took a carriage that her family had paid for. They were on the way to the beach just south of Manehatten, Bridleback Beach. SS had never been to this beach before but once you've been to one, you've seen them all right? Hopefully she would be able to put her new bathing suit on and be able to lay in the shade of her parasol on the sand and read from her books. That is what a vacation is for right? Losing yourself in your fantasies and forgetting about the world that you have to go back to once your time was up. Oh well, let the days drag on as long as possible.

-----

Silver pulled herself up onto her chair sprawling out and enjoying the bright sun on her fur as she adjusts her sunglasses, her muzzle with a small white stripe of her sunscreen just in case. A girl can never be too careful here in the harsh sun. She cracks open her book and looks at the first page letting out a soft happy sigh. This was of course going to be the best beach trip of them all.

ValenOrange1withtext.png

The Orange family wasn't one of the stereotypical leading families of Manehattan who had an obsession with everything involving work. Indeed, besides keeping up the normal operations and marketing effectively they had little to do. That left ample possibilities for vacation, ad true to form they didn't hesitate when the time came and there was little to distract them. Most vacations were often to family farms in any case, a mix of business and pleasure with family togetherness playing a more important role than anything else. Of course, oranges could grow across much of Equestria. Even in the north you could grow them inside, meaning that they had near limitless options when it came to vacation spots. Luckily this time they didn't decide to venture out to the wondrous north and instead they didn't need to go far at all. Much better.

Bridleback Beach was a fun place to be, even if he dealt with oranges fr a few hours a day. Then he was free, free as a bird to experience the somewhat high class resort community that the beach was surrounded by. Today he had decided to go on a simple beach trip, catch some rays, maybe swim a bit. Nothing too exciting, and that was the most exciting part of it. Simple relaxation for a pony with truly simply desires. He brought a basket of food and some other small items, mostly fruit, a blanket, and an umbrella and trotted to the beach. It was busy this time of the year, ponies from the north settling down south for the summer to avoid the blistering cold that buffeted even the strongest up there. Ponies of all ages were at the beach, but it was still big enough so that everypony seemed to have a bit of space to play for themselves. Valen saw a filly reading a book, wondered why she needed reading glasses at her age, and decided to drop that line of thought. Very cute. Valen set up not too far away from her as a result. Never hurt to be close to somepony, after all.

He didn't bring a chair. Instead, he laid the blanket down and then popped open the umbrella, opening the basket and getting out his own book, laying down on the blanket and reading not so far from the filly next to him.

• 2 weeks later...

-Silver Spoon-

Silver Spoon tipped her glasses down and looked over at the colt next to her, he was actually pretty tolerable for now. He took out a book of his own and it would seem as if they could both just enjoy the day reading but, together? She took a deep breath then rolled over onto her side and put her glasses up onto the top of her head.

"Well hello there, what brings you out to the beach today?" Silver decided that small talk was the best way to alleviate the down and dreary mood she had from even being dragged along to this vacation, and knowing her family this wouldn't be the only spot they stopped on their whole couple months off from everything.

"Are you on Vacation or just a daily visit out to here to read?" Silver grinned a bit hoping he would say something catchy or maybe just start rambling about how he was a poor little colt who no one in the world understood and only she could fill the void in his heart. And maybe she needed to stop reading hopeless romantic novels.

ValenOrange1withtext.png

The grey filly moved from her position of soaking up the sun to motion towards him, which stole Valen's attention. She was awfully pretty and her eyes were a bit like daggers, which on a filly or mare gave them a certain aura of bite that if nothing else let you know that deception was far from their minds. It didn't hurt that he didn't really have much of a plan and that he was a social colt in any scenario. He finished setting up and then lounged, turned towards her as the umbrella shaded him.

"Well, I've got a good book and a warm day. Might as well read to pass the time until my parents are finished, right?" He answered with a smile and a chuckle, leafing through the book that he realized perhaps a bit too late that the romance novel he had in hoof, "A Beautiful Night in Stalliongrad", was decidedly not too stallion-y. Of course iot had sub plots about espionage and danger but none of that was on the cover now, was it? He rolled it up and put it under his pillow. He could read later.

"My parents live in Manehattan. On here for vacation- owned the property for a few generations, plus there are other family members in the area and branches they can attend to," he sighed, rolling onto his blanket. It wasn't a bad thing anyway, he enjoyed his family and the vacation, but it would have been cooler if they went to a theme park or Las Pegasus. Bridleback was good and all but if you had been there once, you had been there a dozen times. At least this time he had somepony to talk to.

"What about you? Can't say I know you from the area."

• 3 weeks later...

-Silver Spoon-

With a simple nod towards the colt she was talking with, she tipped her glasses down a bit.

"Well, I am from the glorious city of Ponyville. I am also here on vacation. However my family plans to take me around the world and show me off to all of their business partners and friends on the way. I can't say I don't like it though it is quite the change of pace from just a boring world of Ponyville." She spoke then rolled over onto her stomach.

"Could you do me a favor and help me with my sunscreen? I can't seem to get it on my back." Silver tries to make it a demonstration but then decides its not a good idea to make a fool of herself when she had just met this colt. Maybe the two of them would actually get along, or maybe they would just simply spend the rest of the day laying here in the sun reading books. She stretches out and swishes her tail about a bit so that he would be able to get it on her whole back, Spots on her back clearly where she had tried to get it and spots that seemed impossible for her to get waiting the sunscreen's attention.

ValenOrange1withtext.png

Ah, Ponyville? Valen had spent some time there recently. A nice small city, not quite as backwater as some from the metropolis may think. Small world though, who would have thought a Ponyvillian would be in the Bridleback that day? She didn't seem all that impressed with her hometown, though. Not surprising really as a common mindset from somepony who seemed to have her personality and flippancy would regard Ponyville with a certain amount of disdain. Well, she'd see- actually, maybe not. She was just visiting places around the world, lucky her by the way, which meant she wouldn't get to learn the dreariness that lay at the heart of every city. But oh well. Wanderlust wasn't a bad thing either.

He was about to respond but she didn't take but a second to roll over and ask for his help, flicking her tail to indicate the spot. That was a new one! he was content with just reading his book but helping other ponies never hurt. Made him feel good helping others instead of selfishly enjoying a private beach- something about it felt a little...icky. What wasn't icky was sunscreen. He put the book down and nodded along, trotting over to her and getting the lotion out. He started rubbing on her back, making sure to start on the areas that seemed to show previous failed efforts. Well, at least she wasn't like some lazy ponies who wanted the help before making the effort.

"Ponyville? Thats great. My cousins live there and I visited them for a few months some time ago. Good ponies. I enjoyed that town, so much more relatable than a metropolis like Manehattan. Too much hustle and bustle, not enough time for relaxation. So, your parents are taking you 'round the world, eh? What do they do? Sounds like it could be a lot of fun," Valen made small talk as he rubbed the sun tan lotion in good and hard, rubbing her back in the process.

• 3 weeks later...

-Silver Spoon-

Silver laid back in her chair as she sprawls out a bit and adjusts her glasses.

"Ah, yes Ponyville can be pretty good at times. Wait you have cousins there? What family are you part of?" She rolls her head over to look down on him again. Her mind wandered to thoughts of him being an Apple Family member for some reason as if she had seen him at one of the Zap Apple Harvests or maybe when she went by at Apple Bloom's birthday? Now that she was thinking it was for sure to her that she had seen this colt before and knew him.

"My parents are business ponies and deal in all kinds of arts and collectibles. Sometimes they even go on business trips to sell some of my finer works of silver. They then turn around and use some of their commission money to pay for our yearly trip around Equestria. You know Valen, I like you. And you said you are also here on vacation? Is your family going anywhere next? Or is this your last stop. I'm sure I could convince my parents to let you come with us if your family isn't going anywhere else." She said boldly and with a strange hint of pleasure in her voice.

ValenOrange1withtext.png

Valen continued rubbing the sunscreen until it was little more than an afterthought, a slight glistening under the sun the only evidence that anything was different. That was just as well, he had to keep his hooves clean for the show that night anyway. He let his hooves come off of her as he sat further away, half under the shade of his umbrella but focused on her. It was nice to have somepony to talk to in the heat and sun while his parents twaddled their hooves and the fashion show was being set up. Gilded Lilly was always fashionably late, after all, and a nice talk with a new pony was always a welcome addition to a relatively boring day.

"Orange, actually. My cousins are the Apples, including the ones in Ponyville. Spent a few months there recently. You seem...familiar. Tell me, do you know a Diamond Tiara? I think she and my cousin Apple Bloom weren't the best of friends," he let out a chuckle, remembering a few particular incidents. Well, small town rivalries and friendships could be just as exciting and dramatic as the big city, couldn't they?

Speaking of friendships, she was being awfully friendly and very forward. That took him off of his normally superb game. They had been speaking for maybe a minute and she was already talking about wanting him to travel with her and her family across Equestria? Geez, how starved for a little sunscreen and a back rub was this filly? If he fetched her some milk she might just propose to him, the poor filly. Well, he'd have to dash her hopes rather harshly for a number of reasons. He hardly knew her and despite her being rather attractive, he needed more than that in both a relationship and even as a simple guest on a trip. He had obligations both to his family and burgeoning fashion career that needed him elsewhere, and it was just a little creepy that she'd ask him so fast. No need to be mean about it, however.

"Thank you so much for the offer, but I have to decline. My parents and I are heading back to Manehattan and I have Academy starting back up. I like you too, but I can't simply go with you on a cross country trip all willy nilly like that, as my cousins would say," a pregnant pause as he tried to redirect towards something happy, "so, your family works fine silver? Is that how you got your cutie mark?"

• 3 weeks later...

- Silver Spoon-

Silver pouted, she didn't know what to say to him. No one had ever told her no to going on an adventure with her. It was a really big shock to her.

"Oh, well there are always ways that you would be able to join me." She mumbled under her breath. Thoughts of kidnapping him, bribing his parents, or simply buying him went through her head. It wasn't very often that you find colts like him who were clearly more self aware then the traditional 'colt' who all they wanted to do was play hoofball and make fart jokes.

"Oranges, well that makes a lot more sense then." She giggles softly as she sprawls on her chair, her copy of A Lone Winter's Morning falling onto the sand as she knocked it off unintentionally. Silver's cute little swim suit shifted as she did, the fabric that it was made of was soft to the touch but durable to the heat and water, perfect for a day like today.

"I know of Apple Bloom, she and I are...friends?" She said semi-quizzical as she thought about it. It was true that Apple Bloom was a blank flank and thus was under the almighty ruler of all things silver. But the struggles that Apple Bloom goes through and the dedication of getting her cutie mark still somehow made Silver smile at her and not dislike her all that much. That and it didn't hurt that Applejack liked her as well, that made being friendly to Apple Bloom even easier. It was still really strange to her though that even outside of class when she TRIES to be nice to somefilly the other students find her to be strange and abnormal. "Ah yes, Diamond Tiara, she is one of my closest friends. Though I don't hang out with her much aside from my time in Ponyville. She doesn't normally follow my family for trips." She sat there thinking, he had even asked her about her Cutie Mark. Was he as desperate for her attention as she thought?

"Yes, I got my cutie mark from learning how to craft fine silver. My parents sometimes display or even sell my works." That was nothing to scoff at, she was a young filly who not only had her cutie mark but was also able to bring in money for her house hold. Not many young ponies of Equestria could say that.

"If you have visited Ponyville then you must know the most fabulous of fashion designers, Rarity, correct? She once made me a dress for a party and I have ever since been in love with all of her work. I hear that she has a model close to my size and figure who will be modeling some of her newest designs and attire at the fashion show tonight." She let out a deep sigh. "If only I had a ticket to go and watch." She really did want to go, it would be an experience of her lifetime to see a fashion show using fillies as models.

ValenOrange1withtext.png

She had a nice swimsuit, that much was fact. Fabric was important, and not just to the way a pony felt. It had to work well in water and certain fabrics changed shape or size and generally were ineffective within a thousand yards of water. Luckily, lycra was the best possible choice for her and it showed. Her book fell- oh my! Books were precious things. Valen quickly grabbed it with his mouth and deposited back onto the chair, off of the sand. Celestia knew sand made for a poor bookmark. It had all distracted him from whatever she had mumbled which had a tint of disappointment about it, but alas, he was not budging. He had just met her and as nice as she was it would be a bit weird for them to start adventuring together. Besides, he wasn't the adventure sort.

She shifted and he withdrew his hooves, lotion mission accomplished as she started discussing her proposed friendship with Apple Bloom and Diamond Tiara. Now, he didn't know all of them half as well as they knew knew oine another, but he knew that his cousin had many problems with that duo. Silver Spoon was probably just benig nice which was well received, even if the truth was a few shades darker than he would like to admit. He pulled himself up and smiled as she continued talking, more than ready to go back to his own book. It was just getting to the good parts and certain flights of fancy took him to places he'd rather fly alone. It was then that she asked about the fashion show and his interest was peaked tremendously. So, she knew all about that abd was even a fan? That was good. He couldn't blame her. Miss Rarity's designs were truly spectacular, which is why he never hesitated to help her model. Valen was also a generous colt.

"Yes, I do know of that show. Miss Rarity has some tremendous fashion sense. If I were you, I'd just show up- maybe my parents could talk to her about it? Or maybe you can just wow them with your silversmithing," He winked pleasantly as he got up and trotted over to his own side, grabbing his book and laying down.

"That show is in about five hours, correct?"

-Silver Spoon-

Silver noticed the light in his eyes flare up as she mentioned the Fashion Show.

"Hmm, yes, five hours sounds about right for the gates opening to the ticket holders. But then comes the issue of me not even having a ticket." She let out a sigh as she looked back down to her book filled with a filly finding her colt to spend the rest of her life with only to find out that he was actually the devil but had ACTUALLY fallen in love with her and vowed that he would find a way to make her immortal even if it meant that he would lose he powers.. Silver wasn't exactly sure how the story line for this book series worked but she liked it none the less. It was cute and romantic and kept her interest that's all she could honestly ask for.

"Do you really think that Rarity would be fine with me just showing up at a show that she is headlining? With her /latest/ fashions that haven't even been seen by collectors yet?" She tapped a hoof to her chin trying to figure out if it would really be ok for her to go. She REALLY did want to go very very badly partially due to seeing that the colt Valen was interested in the show and said something about his parents even being there? That would mean either he was a very fillyish colt or he was sweet on the model who was going to be showing off Rarity's outfits. The way he said Miss Rarity every time had her wondering as well, and what was that book he was reading it looked familiar like her as if it was one that she had read.

ValenOrange1withtext.png

It didn't hurt to be connected in more ways than any other colt or filly coould imagine. He knew Rarity and considered her a dear friend and were he to simply ask, he was sure she would allow it. Then there was the fact that he was also her model and part of any contract signed for that job entailed a few tickets here and there. If his parents were ever to find out and accept his career, then he could just as easily use their resources and influence to his advantage as well. He could get her into the show easier than she would ever believe for reasons she would never understand, and from a friend she wouldn't see past this trip to the beach- to her knowledge, anyway. Valen didn't need a reason to do it as simply being friendly to another pony was reason enough, but leaving her wowed over the next few days over the connections of a colt who would vanish into the mist of time was an appealing prospect.

"I'll see what they can do. My parents are very important ponies after all and we know Rarity very well. I would just go and let us sort out the rest," Valen offered, laying down as he allowed a soft breeze to cool him down. He wiped his hooves on the towel to get excess sunscreen off- it didn't have a great smell, either.

Five hours. He had to be there with about three to spare to go over the show with Rarity and get worked in before he was dressed and further prepped for show. Before that, he had to make a small appearance with his parents and okay a further few hours of play as well as instruction with Rarity. About half an hour there and half an hour distance between the two of them and the beach for travel time. That left an hour open for him to hang out at the beach and get a short snack, probably a salad, before the show. Not the worst outcome possible. It was going to be quite a fun show, after all. Working with Rarity never got old and he enjoyed helping her with her career almost as much as she enjoyed helping him with his. It would be good. Valen scooched himself deeper into his towel and started reading the book, back cover facing Silver.

-Silver Spoon-

Silver was beside herself, this was the first time that someone had actually just straight up invited her to go to a fashion show. Not only that, but it was a COLT that did it! What should she do, what was the proper response? All she could think to do was to lean over and give that cute little cold a hug and a soft kiss on his cheek. She got up from their quick embrace and looked up at the sky.

"Well if I am to be there I must depart from the beach swiftly and get prepared. I can not be looking like an average pony at such an event!" She struck a somewhat pose as she looked down at Valen. "Thank you for the invitation, but now I must ask you something. Will you be there in the crowed?"

She didn't quite know how to say it but she was actually wondering what he was going to be doing at said fashion show since it was clear that he was going to be there.

ValenOrange1withtext.png

If only she knew! As if his parents would have allowed him to attend the show. His lies had secured for himself a degree of freedom and he was using that to aid Rarity. Perhaps his lies would catch up with him someday but until then he would rob Peter to pay Paul with little regret. No, little Valen would not be in the crowd and the eternally searching filly next to him would have to keep her eyes glued to the prettiest filly model she had ever seen. Silver Spoon looked fetching herself; all he could do was hope she wouldn't be upset by being outdone! It was an impish little secret he kept that he loved to keep, but in the end the key was he did a great job. he wanted to make Rarity proud and happy with his work.

Not long now! Another show, another day to prove his worth. Before every show he was giddy with excitement and he was the same today, his hooves impishly tapping the sand in excitement as Silver Spoon spoke and struck a pose. She needed help in that regard, at least.

"I'll see. There is a chance I might be able to, but my parents have loaded me with business assignments in the afternoon. I will see if I could swing by later on but I wouldn't count on it. But no matter, you should just enjoy yourself!" he offered positively, wondering why she had to leave so early. Well, everypony had their secrets, wasn't that just the truth? He wouldn't press. He shifted again, snout in the romance novel as the cover revealed itself. Aww, she was just starting to unravel the mystery, and he was just starting to understand what he was feeling! Such romance! Books were great.

• 2 weeks later...

-silver spoon-

Silver did nothing but sit there and look at him wide eyed and almost slack jawed. This colt had not only offered to get her into the fashion show but then said he might be able to be around the town with her later. Was this really going to be the start of her vacation? Was this really going to be the one true vacation to rule them all?

Yes.

Silver got up from her chair and threw her mane over her neck.

"Well then if I want to make it there in time I mind as well go get something to eat before I go back to my hotel to get ready. Care to join me for a bite to eat?" She offered, it was the least she could do for the pony who was being such a gracious friend to her. This was honestly one of the best things that had ever happened to her, it was a bit strange though how he clearly knew about her and her teasing of Apple Bloom and despite being her cousin said nothing about it and was even being nice to her. She was so used to all the ponies pointing it out at every little event even to the point that she went to an Apple Family party and had ponies almost lined up just to tell her that they were watching her. Made it sound like she might get chased out of town. But alas here she was on Bridelback Beach with a colt who was into the more...Finer? Arts of fashion.

ValenOrange1withtext.png

Valen didn't mean to be rude, he didn't mean to be mean or nasty, and he certainly didn't mean to give her the wrong impression, but he would prefer it if she didn't give him that look she did for a second. It was a bit unsettling and he didn't know what prompted it, especially since he had told her he may show up at the fashion show. As far as she knew he wouldn't, but that wasn't the goal- she would have a good time and forget all about him probably, and he could live with having made somepony happy for a day. He would go on to live a life that he was happy to live alone for now, because as much fun as the occasional flirt and rush of emotions could get, he knew he wasn't serious and he knew that the work he would put into it would become a huge part of his life. Besides, as his mother said, he shouldn't be going around and breaking young fillies' hearts. Luckily for Silver, he wasn't going to get too close.

"I wish I could but I ate before I came down here, and I myself need to leave soon for various little business engagements. I'm sorry! But maybe I'll see you at the show if all goes well," He smiled at her, hoping that for now all weould be well. It wasn't off base. he did have to leave somewhat soon to go ahead and get ready for the show, where she would be watching the models with all the excitement she could muster without knowing that the best model of them all was the colt she wanted to get to know. Of course, with the way she looked at him earlier, he'd be sure to have the mace with him at all times. She wanted to eat him up and he knew he wasn't ready. Needed more seasoning. And a lot more distance.

• 4 weeks later...

-Silver Spoon-

Silver nodded at him as he spoke, what he said had made sense but she was still somehow unconvinced that he would be at the show. Some sort of nagging feeling made her think she was getting her hopes up to be able to get into this show not only for free but also be able to see all of the designs that Rarity was using this time around and to top it all off her filly model was supposed to be the most gorgeous filly out there. Who knows though perhaps they would become pen pals.

"Well I guess then I should go eat or something and get my flank to the show. Hope to see you there Mr. Valen." She gave him a smile and a soft chuckle as she stuck out her hoof expecting him to shake it.

(After this you may time lapse to the show if you want.)

It was a long time coming but for the first time in a long time Valen felt as if everything was proceeding according to plan. After Silver Spoon had allowed him his peace he had continued to read for a little while to make sure his schedule would be free of any potential followers. He took this precaution out of an abundance of caution for himself and himself alone, a selfish bit of security for himself. Everypony needed their secrets and he needed his for the good of more than himself. After that he had made a quick jaunt home where he put away a few of his belongings and gthered a few of his modeling credentials. Security at these locatiuons was tight and beyond all measure he needed tpo prove who he was in order to get to the back and get to his work. A quick snack of light lettuce and Valen was off into the wilds to venture to the show.

He got to where the show was being put on with a few hours to spare, and it was here where he let the security staff to add Silver Spoon to the list by order of the Oranges. He flashed his credentials and got backstage in a flash. Here he met up with the designers and the artists of all stripes in charge of putting on the beautiful show and went to work. It took more than some beautiful outfits and makeup to do it right, and it took more than smply changing his voice or acting a certain way. He had to hammer down a severe case of fright that tonight would be the night that it all came crashing down. After he sunk that ship he moved into the mindset he had established, a somewhat sassy and divatastic Prench model needed to think and speak in different ways. A half hour before the show was set to go, he was in character around all those save Rarity and all was well.

And finally, the show started.

• 3 weeks later...

-Silver Spoon-

Silver sat there in the crowed looking up at the stage with wide eyes. She was all but drooling she was so excited to see this show. Not to mention to meet the filly who would be wearing Rarity's items of fashion. The lights went down on the audience and the show started. Silver wasn't sure how many ponies were going to be on stage today but at least she knew that somewhere in the list was at least one that she was intently watching for.

"I wonder where Valen is. Maybe he is back stage with his parents in some sort of first class look at the attire." Silver put a hoof to her chin and narrowed her eyes at the curtains, where could that little colt have gone off to alone and with so much time on his hands just to come to a show with his parents and NOT sit with her in the crowed. Maybe he was the light colt? Or perhaps he was working the rope and that is how he paid for his vacation. That would be rather comical to see a cute colt like himself working the rope at such a high end fashion show that his parents were also attending. What if they were sitting right behind her looking for their son to do his job so they could clap and cheer him on! Oh the places Silver's mind went when there was a void of knowing.

ValenOrange1withtext.png

The show wasn't a short affair. Like all artist and fashion functions there was a bit of pomp and circumstance to it as well as enough time for the creative masterpieces on display to be fully articulated by the creators and performers and critiqued and consumed by the audience. More than a dozen professional models were here alongside Valen ready to strut their stuff rather literally for the oh-so-adoring crowd. And every model had some sort of connection with Rarity, even if for the most part it was purely business. They all jockeyed for position for Rarity's personal affection, each claiming their mythical victories in the world of emotion. Of course, it was all bullhockey. They were all on friendly terms with Rarity but she only had one little model who was also a dear friend. Friend enough to play the part of a filly for her needs tonight, even if it was rewarded with being amongst the first to go on. It was an important part of the plan- he wanted to be done early enough to get out of the outfits and makeup and character and slip into normal backstage stuff so nopony would be any wiser.

And that was good for all because it was his time to go, the first model of the day showcasing one of Rarity's older works to get the crowd acclimated. She had her style and the discerning eyes noticed every foible and flaw. then it was his turn.

And with it, all the same old fears of failure returned. He smiled as a reaction when the lights hit him and he took small, calculated steps out. All the eyes, all the eyes were on him! The music seemed to place his head in a vice.

"Oh Celestia, m'aident," he muttered under his breath, keeping on that confident smile as he trotted out to be eaten up by the masses. His jackhammer heart had the sound of explosions about it and with great rapidity seemed to drown any and all real response to his surroundings. He had a small, clipped walk that aided him in two ways: It ensured that the somewhat short dress didn't slip and end the charade quickly, and it was different enough from the long and elegant canters of his fellow models to make him stand out. He struck some poses, sticking them with the experience of an older model as his atural aptitude and experience afforded. He looked fetching, felt beautiful, and his eyes had been taken over by that manic desire to not be caught and shone bright and vivid as he kept on sticking his poses with authority. If only he could breath, his vision getting fuzzy as he kept on forgetting to breathe, breathe, breathe, his heart pounding and pounding growing louder and louder. He was terrified, the shaking that controlled his stomach hidden by his poses and the stiff fear that took his back and made it rigid. Even the adoring eyes of a certain filly in the crowd didn't put him at ease, tell him he was doing at least something right. He kept on doing the job, praying that one day maybe these fears would subside.

• 3 weeks later...

-Silver Spoon-

Silver was too busy staring on in awe to even speak. It was amazing. The Filly that Rarity had as her model was ADORABLE! She was so cute! However some nagging feeling was getting that she knew this model from somewhere. They were from Manehatten right? Or was it some other big city that they had visited. All Silver knew was that at several of the fashion shows she had attended in the past she could have sworn that she had maybe even met this filly. Then came her own thumping heart about ready to pound out of her chest as the model came to the end of the runway wearing only the most amazing dress she had ever seen. It was hard for her to rip her eyes away from not only the dress but from the filly modeling it. Her head started to hurt from a headache as she screamed at herself internally to remember to breathe and to blink as her eyes felt like they were drying out and she started to tear up a small bit. Must, not, look, away. She thought to herself as she didn't want to miss a single second of this show. It was safe to say that this filly now had a new fan, or stalker, or both.

ValenOrange1withtext.png

Valen finished his run after just a few more movements, his hoofs aching in their shoes but considerable less vexing than it had been the first few times he had done this. The crowd was receptive as usual, maybe even a little bit more. His eyes scanned quickly, not as much taking faces in as their smiles or signs of approval. Few of them looked familiar beyond the stagehooves and the fashion photographers who littered performances with the telltale signs of their own art. One of the faces that did catch his eye was that of the filly he had met earlier, who had gotten through thanks to his connections and found a scene. He hoped she would enjoy the show as beyond hos love of fashion and looking nice he liked to entertain, and few things could entertain as well or effectively as beauty and some of the models that were about to come up would be absolutely beautiful. He was sure that she ad everypony else would love it.

he finished his run and trotted back, beads of sweat held in by nerves finally dropping under the sweltering heat of the backstage where the lights never dimmed. He couldn't remove his 'costume' so to speak because of the simple fact he had a role to play even with the stagehooves until it was just Rarity and himself. But there did come a time as the show went on and one after another paraded out in front of the crowd that he was left relatively alone in his own room, relaxing on a chair in a modest blouse as he heard the clapping and applause boom alongside the music just outside of the door. It sounded like a successful show, and to think everypony had been worried about the lack of security going into it. Their fans were very fair and kind, not prone to fits and bouts of stalker madness- nopony was going to show up backstage, so he felt more than comfortable relaxing next to his mirror in a chair, iddly playing with his hooves as he waited for the show to end.

Silver Spoon

There was a flicker of light in her eye as she looked on and saw her idol go back stage. Now was her chance! She would be all alone and not expecting any guest so it would be perfect time to ask for pictures and autographs! There was but one flaw. She had to not only get away from Valen's parents but the guards at the door to backstage also. Oh well if it was easy she wouldnt have as much fun doing it! Ss grabbed her saddlebags and trotted swiftly to the backstage door trying to make it seem casual. The guard at the door looked down at her and squinted.

/Young miss, what do you think you are doing trying to go backstage.' He said in a voice that was both soothing but also accusing.

"I am on my way to see my idol, the only reason for me to live, the only reason I love fashion, the only reason left I have to want to keep going every morning!" Silver blurted out and instantly her eyes widened and she bit her cheek. The guard chuckled a bit at her then stated his question another way.

/What did you plan on doing back stage?/ it was clear the guard pony didn't want to crush her hopes and dreams and since Silver was such a good talker *cough* she had obviously won him over.

"Just to take some pictures with her, of her, and get her autograph!" Hopefully that didn't sound so life ending as her whole speech about why she was going back there.

/Well at least you are an honest stalker./ The guard pony said as he stepped aside and looked away to let silver pass by him and he wouldn't see a thing. She whispers thank you as she all but bolts through the door and starts scanning the chart of all of the rooms. Surely this would have some indication of which one was her idols. She wasn't going to peek behind every door to see who was there so she narrowed it down to two rooms. She opened the first door to find the room empty. The next room down, it was at the end of the hall, alone, secluded from the rest of the dressing rooms for some reason. This had to be it. Silver opened the door and instantly had to bite her cheek or else she would have screamed. There she was, the filly who models for Rarity, sitting there in some sort of post show gown. Now was her chance.

"Um...excuse me. Miss." Was all she could manage to squeak out as she walked into the room and shut the door behind her.

ValenOrange1withtext.png

Valen was relaxing in his chair, a hard won victory in the name of Miss Rarity and fashion all that he had to show for his time and all that he had ever wanted. It was good to know that the crowd didn't just up and leave once he left. A bit of an egotistical view of his abilities was slowly starting to worm its way through the reaches of his mind, but who could blame him? he had oodles of natural talent and a winning attitude. How many other models had fanbases? Not many! He felt weird getting letters from colts and fillies who had crushes on him or simply admired him, ignorant of who lay beneath the character, but it didn't matter much. He was happy to have his fans and happy to make ponies happy. Most importantly, he was happy to be accepted and admired and he couldn't be blamed for liking the limelight...from a distance. He wasn't confident of his abilities to pass up close or for long periods but that was why fashion shows were shorts and the Gilded Lilly address a fake. And as long as security did their job-

- which they didn't because they were lax. Valen quickly turned around, face even more in shock than through any effort. He stared into the mirror and saw that it was Silver Spoon, the filly he had met earlier. What a disaster! Calamity from the heavens befalling the poor colt from Manehattan. It would be hard enough to see how he could pass for long with most, but she had seen him for an extended period. He had to hope against hope that she was a bit slow and more importantly he prayed to whatever fashion God was listening that Rarity or some other official would come by and extricate Valen from this impossible scenario. His face cracked out into a nervous smile, his eyes- windows to the soul and all- closed against the current of emotion he felt. He could do this. Maybe. Hopefully.

"Oh, vhy hello zar darling. I did not knoooow to expect ze company zo early! Haha, zat is okay. You have ze best taste in models!" He smiled and opened his eyes, turning around in his chair and jumping off, blouse tight against him to aid in the image. Every little bit helped. He picked up a pen and put it in his mane, just in case she was one of those types with the desire for autographs and what have you. So many types of nutty fans, so little time for Valen to find a way to deal with them all other than just flight. Not a bad idea that, but those that could actually fly would just beat him to his destination. She didn't have wings but these crazy fans always had ways and methods. They were insatiable! Not that was necessarily a bad thing all the time, mind you. Free chocolates were always nice.

"How can Gilded Lil-eh help yoouu, oui?"

• 2 weeks later...

Silver Spoon

Silver stated at the filly before her. Mouth agape as she stood there almost unable to move due to shock of actually getting within hoof distance of her all time celebrity crush. Best part of this day was now she had a name to the face! Wait a second. That face. Something about it seemed familiar.

"I. I. I." Silver shuddered as she spoke. Her mind having flash backs to when she was on the beach. But all she could see was this gorgeous model next to her. Not the pony she was thinking of. Stupid mental blocks.

"IamyourbiggestfanandIwantedtoknowifyouwouldtakesomepictureswithmeandautographthem." Silver spoke so quick she didn't have time to pause as she spilled her words out. The camera hanging from her neck already in position for her own little fashion shoot with this Gilded Lily.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Archived