The Doctor's Hearth's Warming guests [ Closed: Zoebel12/ghostgirl/starswirl]

Pretzelparty

Artists can get inspiration from some of the oddest places. But so far in Equestria there are only two mares who can say they were inspired by something truly fantastical. Ghost writer, a talented writer for a small troupe who performed in Equestria had something in common with another mare in her group they had long forgotten. Presteza was a talented painter who for the time being joined the troupe to paint backgrounds for them. One mare came from modest beginnings, the other born with a silver spoon in her mouth that she eventually spat out in order to pursue her dream to be the greatest painter in Equestria. The two mares were similar yet different as if two sides to one coin, one was more brash and impulsive, the other was calm and reticent but both of them loved their art forms and got along nicely. What these two had truly in common was a certain stallion... and a certain object in their past; a big blue box.

It was Hearth's warming eve and two fillies were certainly not having the most merry of times. One filly was a rich little pony of Noble blood and of the Trottingham elite's highest social circle by birth, brought there by her parent's to show off the latest in their family's long line of powerful magic users... even though in her mind she was a massive flop in that regard. The other a filly of humble beginnings whose parent's brought her there to rub elbows with the pony's of the highest social standing. Both of them seemed rather down for the moment.. one being a tad miffed with being surrounded by the rich and snootiest of ponies most of the night.

The two fillies managed to hit it off due to one showing a desire to be a famous writer and even having a cutie mark in the field and while the other was still a blankflank she still enjoye a good read and in her free time she did like to sketch things although it was obvious she would never get a cutie mark in such a field with her family's penchant and history with magic.

Presteza or "Pressy" as she urged her new friend to call her now sat with her friend with a pencil in her teeth, drawing out a scene that she read in one of the pages ghost had brought along with her. As she sketched out the scene she began to slow down as she heard the most curious sound from the garden area the best way to describe it in the form of an onomatopoeia would be...

"Vwooorrrrrrp... Vwroooooorp... Vwooooorp"

Dropping the pencil from her mouth she looked to her new friend sitting across from her, "Uh... Did you hear that?" Standing up from her seat she turned towards the garden trying to see if something was out of place,"I'm positive I heard somethin' out there..."

Ghost Writer was buried in a notebook, her pen moving quickly. Her mother had dragged her out, saying there would be oh so many publishers, or at least ponies who knew publishers, at the hearth's warming party. She was uncomfortable. The party was stiff. The upper crust of Canterlot's citizenry tended to be incredibly fake, and Ghost hated it. She was lucky to have found Presteza, a pony who shared her general sentiments and interests. The fillies had found a quiet table in the foals' area and settled in for the night with their respective supplies, talking and sharing their work and, of course, working. It was nice to have a friend one could sit in near silence with and just work on a story, Ghost decided.

Her ear twitched lightly at the first "vworp" and she lifted her head at the second. At the third she pinpointed the direction from which the noise was coming, and then she looked at Presteza. The other filly had heard it, too. So Ghost wasn't imagining things.

"Well... Well, I heard it, but.. I mean... Surely it's nothing. I bet it's some weird bird call. A mockingbird, maybe. They can make lots of noises." As much as she disliked the party, Ghost was reluctant to follow random noises. It didn't always turn out very well for the ponies who followed them, or so the books she read had taught her.

• 3 weeks later...

The TARDIS flew through space and time. The Doctor had traveled the universe only to return once again to Equestria. He set his course to Canterlot on Hearth's Warming Eve over a decade from the last time he was there. "Hearth's Warming in Canterlot... Here I come!" the Doctor said to himself as he flipped the switch turned the knobby things and pushed the buttons on the console. He dashed around his TARDIS flying it solo once again. Unfortunately he was without any companions, his last ones wished to stay where they were, but before they had parted ways they mentioned something odd happened in their fillyhood on this day. They really couldn't remember what had happened but they mentioned something about a blue box. And the Doctor knew it had to do with him.

Finally he reached his destination just outside of Canterlot Castle on the Eve of Hearth's Warming Day. Landing the TARDIS with the typical vworping sound of the hand break being left on (it's a brilliant sound anyway, who would want to take that away?), he finally materialized the TARDIS. He cantered to the door of his TARDIS and peeked out. Immediately he swung the door open "Ah! This looks to be the place! A bit far away though from where I wanted to be. No matter!" The Doctor trotted towards the castle through the garden and noticed two fillies looking his way. He smiled at them as he knew right away that they were the fillies he was looking for, Ghost Writer and Presteza, as fillies, and what cute fillies they were.

Coming to the doors to the party he was immediately stopped by the guards, throwing two spears in front of him. "Name and invitation please." The guard demanded of the Doctor. "Ah! Wait a minute, I've got it here somewhere." Searching around his person finally reaching for his inside front jacket pocket which contained within it his psychic paper. "Here we go!" As he flashed the ostensibly blank paper at the guard. "You... Are the Duke of Trottingham?" The guard questioned the stallion. "I am?" Looking at the paper. "Indeed I am! The Duke of Trottingham! That's exactly who I am! I am very important." The Doctor quickly replied talking at an accelerated pace. "Please excuse our rudeness, we had no idea we were talking with royalty." The guards said as they pulled back their spears from the Doctor's path. "It's quite alright, but don't let it happen again!" The Doctor said with a slightly authoritative tone as if he was acting as an authority figure or something.

Once inside he looked around the party a bit. Of the few ponies that approached him he always replied with the same "Hello, I'm the Doctor." as he made his way to the window, brushing everypony off. He approached the two young fillies, almost sliding to them in excitement. "Hey there Pressy and Ghostie! Remember me? I'm the Doctor!" Wait... this wasn't right... this is the past... he met them in the future as mares... Oh well can't take it back now! "Wait that isn't right you don't know me yet... do you? Well no matter! I'm the Doctor and I'm here to help you!" The Doctor said excitedly not worrying how the whole scene seemed to the two fillies.

The filly glanced out the to the garden area again and then back to her friend, "I dunno... do Mockingbirds even come out in this kind of weather?" Pressy had been taught similar lessons about not following strange sounds, but caution still couldn't stop this filly's curiosity. Pulling herself away from her sketch she pushed a stool over to the nearby window, it had a pretty decent view of the gardens. The little silver maned filly eventually managed to pull herself up to see out and noticed something that wasn't there before; a weird looking blue box. She'd never seen anything like it before. Upon the upper portion of the box was a glowing sign that said, "Paahleece... public call box" she mouthed out.

The other thing-or more accurately pony- that wasn't there was a mysterious, darkish tan stallion in a bow tie. She had pretty sharp eyes so she could see most of what he did when he was approaching including showing the guards a piece of paper than put it away. He seemed to have an oddly childish confidence about him, even as he the guards shoved their spears towards his face before he showed them whatever was on the paper. It wasn't really her business as to who this stallion was so she may as well leave the quirky individual alone so she returned to her work,"So, Ghostie how did ya want him posed agai--?" it seemed however that the stranger had business with her.

"Hey there Pressy and Ghostie! Remember me? I'm the Doctor! Wait that isn't right you don't know me yet... do you? Well no matter! I'm the Doctor and I'm here to help you!" The Doctor said excitedly not worrying how the whole scene seemed to the two fillies.

The filly practically leapt out of her seat and dashed beside Ghost writer almost reflexively. A doctor? Since when did Mom hire a new doctor, the filly usually had her usual check ups done by the family's personal physician so who was this pony? Soon she realized that how she was acting was hardly fitting for a noble... or at least that's what her papa told her, so she stepped forward and cleared her throat then took a bow while still eyeing the doctor warily,"Uh... hello. I am Presteza, daughter of Lord Astral Dusk and Lady Mythic Shine... I'm sorry but I don't think I know you..."

Archived