Daring Do and the Fate of El Coltrado (Sign-up & Planning)

Bellosh

ly1c2.jpg

That's right folks! Here's a once in a lifetime event to get into a RP with the most amazing pony adventurer of all time: DARING DO! Sign-up today, and your character may soon feature in a quest to find the Lost City of El Coltrado before the bad guys do. This story will eventually wind up being read by avid readers all around the world of Equestria. If you're interested, the following roles are available for a Daring Do RP:

• Primary Sidekick: Ideally someone not used to high-octane adventure, but can hold their own if things get tough. Will participate throughout entire story.
  • Dr. Caballeron: Daring's villainous rival. Pops up here and there, but won't always need to be active. (WARNING: DO NOT INFORM ANYONE, EVEN ME, THAT YOU WANT TO USE HIM UNLESS YOUR APP HAS BEEN APPROVED BY HELPSTAFF. FOLLOW TIER 3 CAST PROCEDURES.)
  • Secondary Ally: Provides expertise, services, and other assistance to Daring Do during certain stretches of the story, but not the entire plot. May be better versed in adventure than Primary Sidekick.
  • Secondary Minion: Works under Caballeron. Pops up here and there, but won't always need to be active.
  • One-shot Ally: Same as Secondary Ally, except they only show up for one brief scene before their role is no longer needed.

All applicants need to provide the following information (aside from aspiring Caballeron RPers):

• Name of Character:
  • Link to App:
  • Desired Role:
  • Why You Think Your Character is a Good Fit:

Please do not apply for either Caballeron or a Primary Sidekick unless you can RP on a standard and semi-frequent basis. I will only accept approx. 1-2 Primary Sidekicks, along with 1-4 Secondary Allies and Minions each, so don't feel bad if I don't pick your character. Everyone who applies may also be asked to RP as NPC villains and minions, so keep that in mind. If you folks want to see Daring Do in action at WoE, this might be your only chance, so sign-up for a role today! :pathfinder:

--------------

CONFIRMED CHARACTERS:

LINK TO THREAD: http://www.canterlot...-coltrado-open/

Presteza

http://www.canterlot.com/topic/16472-presteza-ready/

Primary sidekick

Presteza has some experience in the Brackenweald having already discovered one lost city there previously (with the help of pathfinder) As she has only been on one "high octane adventure" before she is not particularly experienced. Her useful traits would be her knack for thinking on her hooves and athleticism that woudl allow her to keep up with daring do physically and while she isn't able to fly like DAring she is capable of making higher than average jumps by using wind magic to give herself a boost. Another helpful trait she brings to the table is a keen eye for detail and the ability to accurately recall any scene or bit of information she has seen previously.

While she does have a tendency to fangirl over her idols she is capable of keeping calm and saving her lushing for later if she still feels the need to. Depending on how she is brought into this she may not believe that This daring do is any more real than another pegasus who bore an uncanny resemblance to the "fictional" explorer she had ran into previously.

This sounds like fun, especially since I haven't had an opportunity to RP with Daring Do yet. Here are some characters I would perhaps lend to this adventure if you're interested in any of them

• Name of Character: Serendipity
  • Link to App: The app no longer physically exists due to archiving issues, but evidence that the character was approved can be found here. I'm sure you've read the app before anyway. :razz:
  • Desired Role: A primary sidekick.
  • Why You Think Your Character is a Good Fit: Serendipity has an established interest in visiting Unyasi (in particular the Amani region). She is moreover a thrill seeker with zero qualms about just following life where it'll take her as long as its interesting. She's also a flirt and a tease and has somewhat loose morals, which I think might compliment and contrast well with a pony like Daring Do. She's not really experienced with real adventure and has few skills to offer beyond a tendency to make noise, but is the perfect pony for drumming up conflict from out of thin air.

• Name of Character: Verity Essence
  • Link to App: link
  • Desired Role: Secondary Ally
  • Why You Think Your Character is a Good Fit: Verity is a zebra, but a zebra who has never been to Unyasi and doesn't have much of a personal connection to it. Possibly visiting her ancestral homeland, could be an interesting experience for her. Verity is also an agent with the Royal Equestrian Intelligence Network, and thus might be privy to certain information that might be useful to Daring while also possibly having a reason to be there

• Name of Character: Snowfall
  • Desired Role: one-shot ally
  • Why You Think Your Character is a Good Fit: It would just be funny if these two ran into each other somewhere perhaps. Considering a certain pony's resemblance to Daring Do, it might lead to some interesting misunderstandings. Would be a cute little episode. Snowfall has some resources that could maybe help depending on the situation, and is a pony who has herself together enough to handle things if they get dicey as well.

I can supply supporting cast. Most of my adventure support types are CC, but I still have a few characters still compatible with WOE.

• Name of Character: Alistair Goldmane
  • Why You Think Your Character is a Good Fit: Former griffon marine, expert soldier, private contractor, survivalist, wilderness guide. Alistair's support role is obvious. He can serve as a guide, provide knowledge of crime and military matters, and track prey and artifacts.

• Name of Character: Lev Nobleheart
  • Why You Think Your Character is a Good Fit: Business griffon. Has substantial wealth, owns a shipping company, and has contacts all over Equestria and Aquellia. Has a philanthropic streak and can provide supplies and transport.

• Name of Character: Captain Fletcher
  • Why You Think Your Character is a Good Fit: REA officer with excellent investigation skills. Has contacts in Canterlot and Stalliongrad and could probably dredge up leads on artifacts or Caballeron's henchponies. Also has arrest powers, being Royal Guard.

• Name of Character: Agent Rafale
  • Why You Think Your Character is a Good Fit: REIN analyst with acute observational and analytic skills. Reservedness would make an interesting foil to Daring Do and company, as would analytic against impulsive.

• Name of Character: Flying Brick
  • Link to App: http://www.canterlot.com/topic/10941-flying-brick-final/
  • Desired Role: Primary Sidekick
  • Why You Think Your Character is a Good Fit: As a rather athletic Earth Pony, Flying Brick is well able to hold her own in a tough situation, though her adventurous experience, like Presteza's, is limited to being on-site to a changeling invasion. Besides that, she has no other regular employment, and so would be ready and able to put in the work of a full-time adventurer without day-to-day concerns. Plus, as she doesn't have much book learning, or much in the way of subtlety, she can provide interesting and humorous liabilities as well as support. Also, as a street acrobat, chances are she would have seen Yearling's family circus, and might have had them as an inspiration in life, providing a bit of connection between her and Daring Do.

• Name of Character: Prince Blueblood
  • Link to App: http://www.canterlot.com/topic/16623-tier-3-prince-blueblood/
  • Desired Role: One-shot Ally
  • Why You Think Your Character is a Good Fit: Tell me you wouldn't pay good money to see Blueblood have to deal with all this :blah: . (Also, why do we have no Prince Blueblood smilies?) Seriously, though, he does have a boat, and I did have his cutie mark be for marine navigation, so if the party ever needs a trip by sea, he might provide it. Otherwise, it might be just a humorous encounter/obstacle.

Thank you for everyone who submitted characters for consideration. After considerable thought, I have decided that Daring Do's primary companions will be Presteza and Serendipity. In my opinion, those two characters are the ones most likely to travel to Unyasi and stumble upon Miss Do by accident. Flying Brick though sounds like someone that would be fun for A.K. Yearling to encounter in RP, due to the circus and all. Some food for thought, Racken. :)

With the primary sidekicks decided, I'll do some more thinking about which secondary allies would fit well into the story, so stay tuned! I will still be accepting submissions for secondaries and one-shots; don't be shy. ^_^

UPDATE: The first act of "Fate of El Coltrado" will take place at a special cultural festival in Clawifax. The two primary sidekicks will meet each other there, and Daring Do herself will follow. Blueblood, Snowfall, and Lev Nobleheart are also welcome to show up in Act 1 as festival attendees.

In fact, I might very well make Act 1 an Open thread. Anyone with Unyasi-based characters or those who enjoy travelling abroad are welcome to attend. All I ask is that such RPers refrain from making a big deal over seeing Daring Do; ponies wearing pith helmets wouldn't exactly be an uncommon sight down in the southern lands. :razz:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Lol, maybe the bad guys should trick Blublood into playing the role of the head villain for the rest of the RP. Because of reasons..... XD

Not to late to join I hope.

◾Name of Character: Java Sun

◾Link to App:

◾Desired Role: Secondary Ally

◾Why You Think Your Character is a Good Fit: Java is a highly experienced and well funded engineer, even though he tends to be rather eccentric at times. He actually managed to build up a small reputation for himself as a very active, and efficient engineer. Having had many different major contracts and freelanced commissions in the past, bits isn't much of a problem nor a worry to him. That being said, he is a very fast developer - can finish a major project in a few hours, provide easy to follow schematics and instructions for field crafting, and aid with logical problems and puzzles. He also does not mind getting his hooves dirty, nor hurt.

◾Name of Character: Rail Gear

◾Link to App:

◾Desired Role: Primary

◾Why You Think Your Character is a Good Fit: While Rail Gear is a Mama's colt and a gentle giant, he is a colossus of a pony. A train pulling pony that is strong enough to pull a fully loaded train with ease by himself, but not at a high speed. He has a high damage threshold, and typically won't notice anyone biting him if he's not paying attention. His experience in adventuring is limited to where he pulls a train, or where he delivers heavy cargo.

@Theleocat: I'll see how your characters can fit into our adventure past the Clawifax phase. I'll let you know when I have further details. :)

@Rackenhammer: If nothing else, we'd just turn Caballeron into a NPC. He wouldn't be able to be fleshed out like an actual player character, but he's minor enough cast that it'd be permissible. I mean, what is he but a slightly more villainous Merlot? XD

Mhm. I do actually like the idea of turning Blueblood into a dupe for the villains, if you don't mind extending his role. I think it fits his character very well, both in the short term, and the long terms plans I have for his arc.

Baron von Hoofington of the Hoofington Hoofingtons stands ready to pursue zis ancient treasure, und steal it out vrom under ze nose of zis goodie-goodie as he has done so many times! Even if is not Doktor Brazil Nut, he shall make zis ... 'Darink Doo' rue ze day she thought she could steal his rightful treasure! Pfft. As if she could stand up to him. Her hat iz no nearly so stylish as Doktor Brazil's hat.

Right then, now that Baron von Hoofington is firmly established as the main villain, I think now is a good time for Prince Blueblood to depart the main thread until we need him again. However, I heartily recommend that he and the Baron establish a thread of their own as a sidestory to the main Daring Do narrative. If needed, I can help you two with ideas on how to create the side-thread. :)

That'd be lovely, thanks! I think that my last post makes for a suitable enough exit; Presteza, Serendipity, and Daring can move on from this first encounter and meet the others.

I guess what I'd first want to settle is if Baron Hoofington is planning to string the Prince along as far as he'll go, or if he'll be so obvious in his villainy that even Prince Blueblood would recognize it?

Hmmm.... you should get in touch with Bramble Rose via PM if you haven't already done so. You two would be able to hash out details that way.

• 3 weeks later...

STATUS UPDATE: The Clawifax portion of Daring Do and the Fate of El Coltrado has come to an end. For the time being, new characters I haven't found a place for yet won't be able to make any appearances for a couple chapters or so; not until the main group reaches a settled area again.

• 2 months later...

Archived