scoot

Well it was clear they have known each other since season one when Scootaloo wanted to ask Dash about her cutie mark story. At that time it was also established that Scootaloo "hero worshiped" Dash and Rainbow was fimilar enough with the filly already nickname her "squirt".

Likely they met through mutual friends and their sisters. Scootaloo started to regularly hang out with Applebloom and Sweetie Belle, no doubt spending a fair amount of time at Sweet Apple and the Boutique (although Sweetie doesn't actually live there), so naturally Scootaloo would get to know Applejack and Rarity. Scoots probably at this point, knew of Dash from the latter's exploits and regular job as head of the Ponyville weather team, and no doubt talked about her. It wouldn't be a surprise then if Abby or Sweetie invited Scoots over one day when Dash was hanging out with one (or both) of their sisters, and the rest is history.

It might even be simpler than that. As head of the weather team in Ponyville, Dash is probably one of the more notable and visible pegasi living in Ponyville. She also is not shy with her athletic interests. Scootaloo, as a young pegasus filly with similar interests might have simply pegged her as a cool role model even well before meeting Apple Bloom.

She was born the exact instant that Dash performed her first Sonic Rainboom so their destanies were linked forever! (lol no, j/k but that would make for an awesome coincidence, wouldn't it?)

It might even be simpler than that. As head of the weather team in Ponyville, Dash is probably one of the more notable and visible pegasi living in Ponyville. She also is not shy with her athletic interests. Scootaloo, as a young pegasus filly with similar interests might have simply pegged her as a cool role model even well before meeting Apple Bloom.

Considering Scootaloo knew SB before she met AB, I'm guessing in either case (she met dash through mutual friends, or just because she was around) it's been going on for some time.

Also, keep in mind Dash has apparently only been in ponyville a year now (everyone was suprised when she mentioned it was the anniversary of when she moved there, implying it was the 1st anniversary) So scootaloo didnt have a lot of time to get to know dash through SB/Rarity. I kinda think she just saw Dash showing off one day and ran up to her and began hero-worshiping her... Heck, Dash might even have purposefully introduced her to SB to get scoots out of her mane for a while! :)

Also, keep in mind Dash has apparently only been in ponyville a year now (everyone was suprised when she mentioned it was the anniversary of when she moved there, implying it was the 1st anniversary) So scootaloo didnt have a lot of time to get to know dash through SB/Rarity. I kinda think she just saw Dash showing off one day and ran up to her and began hero-worshiping her... Heck, Dash might even have purposefully introduced her to SB to get scoots out of her mane for a while! :)

I'm not sure that's what was implied exactly. The timeline wouldn't work if that was the case since Princess Twilight Sparkle, an episode clearly before the latest one takes place on the Summer Sun Festival, indicating that at the absolute least one year had passed since the very first episode at that time. Dash of course was established in Ponyville when Twilight arrived, so she would have to have had at least one birthday in Ponyville prior to this one.

At the most, if you want to read into Rarity's exclamation, it's perhaps a reminder that some of these relationships are still fairly new, Twi having brought these ponies closer together when she arrived. Rarity perhaps hasn't yet celebrated many of Dash's birthdays, so the concept that it's also the anniversary of the day she moved to Ponyville is something that might have slipped her mind.

I'm not sure that's what was implied exactly. The timeline wouldn't work if that was the case since Princess Twilight Sparkle, an episode clearly before the latest one takes place on the Summer Sun Festival, indicating that at the absolute least one year had passed since the very first episode at that time. Dash of course was established in Ponyville when Twilight arrived, so she would have to have had at least one birthday in Ponyville prior to this one.

At the most, if you want to read into Rarity's exclamation, it's perhaps a reminder that some of these relationships are still fairly new, Twi having brought these ponies closer together when she arrived. Rarity perhaps hasn't yet celebrated many of Dash's birthdays, so the concept that it's also the anniversary of the day she moved to Ponyville is something that might have slipped her mind.

That's what I get to not thinking too hard on my response. d'oh! (and I've pointed out that summer-sun-festival-milestone before...)

I can get behind this. Dash and Rarity really aren't likely to hang out together much, even if they did know OF each other before Twilight they probably weren't particularly close. Even if she had seen or attended one of Dash's parties in the past she probably didn't know it was also the anniversary of her moving to ponyville.

I still stand by my idea though that Scoots just saw Dash showing off and ran up to her and began bugging her about it. Scootaloo is just that kind of filly. (And I think it is more than possible that Dash did introduce scoots to SB to get away from the filly! lol)

Archived