[Canterlot] Sweet time for making friends (Open to all!)

LeCountryBrony

post-8659-0-36551800-1391803525_thumb.jp

In among the houses in Canterlot Stood a little shop with a glass front. Inside SugarSweet was preparing for the day. Toady she was making her special 'CutieMark lollipops' to look like her cutiemark. SugarSweet was just inside the window pouring the melted ingredients into the molds carefully placing a wooden handle in each one as she went. Having finished all the molds she took a look around. Everything was in place for the day ahead.

Wasting no more time SugarSweet trotted over to the door and flipped the sign hung on it so that the side reading "Open" showed. She could not wait to see what friends she would make today! Trotting back behind the counter that was filled with chocolates, cookies, and all kinds of candies. She picked up the trays with her mouth with the freshly made lollipops and took them in the room in the back for cooling and brought out a tray of cool ones. SugarSweet began carefully taking them out of the molds as she excitedly awaited her first customer of the day.

Song had gotten a few bits saved up and was craving something sweet. She's mostly a saltaholic but today her sweet tooth was aching. For once she wasn't traveling all over the place for random concerts she could get into. She was at home in Canterlot practicing.She walked around town until she found SugarSweets's shop. "looks like a nice place to spend a few bits..." She muttered to herself with a smile forming on her face. She trotted over to the shop and looked in the window. She could smell the candy and practically taste it already. The filly opened the door and walked in "it smells so good in here!" She remarked looking around. Her blue eyes widening like a foal's on Hearths Warming Eve. She loved candy but never got enough of it.

It wasn't long after SugarSweet opened the shop that her first customer walked in. Upon hearing the door creak open Sugar looked up from her work her ears perking up. "Hello there! Welcome to my shop!" SugarSweet said excitedly but in here soft gentle voice with a smile on her face.

"it smells so good in here!".

"Thanks! I have to resist the craving to take a nibble at the things around here to myself at times!" she said giggling a little. She watched as the filly's eyes widened apon looking around her shop. "Anything i can get for you?" SugarSweet asked the filly kindly as she contiuned with taking the heart shaped lollipops out of the moldings and lining them up on the counter.

" I'm good thanks. It's been a while since I've had some Extra Bits for candy. " she responded to the nice mare. Lollipops didn't sound good today. Chocolate? Peppermint? Peppermints sounded good. So maybe a candy cane. After looking around and not finding peppermints or candy cams she turned to the mare "Do you have any candy canes for five bits?" She asked after checking Hey pocket looking to see how many bits she had at the moment.

"Do you have any candy canes for five bits?".

"Candy canes, candy canes....ahhhh, you're just in luck! I have some in the back room" SugarSweet recalled her memory out loud said as she turned to the room in the back. she trotted through the door in the back and after a moment or two of shuffling sounds coming from the room she returned to the store front carrying a tray full of the striped candy many of diffrent colors and flavors each flavor neatly lined up in their own rows . "Have your pick! there's all kinds here. original peppermint ones, orange flavored ones strawberry flavored ones... " She said setting the tray on the counter before the filly. "First ones free and there's no limit to how many you can take!" Sugar added kindly.

Her eyes lot up more at the sight of the candy. She could almost taste it. It took her a minute to remember she was in a candy SHOP not candy LAND. "Oh right. I'll take to originals" she said and put some bits on the table nor knowing how much the one would be. She was going to her friend's later and she figured she could give her one. She loved candy to stop she'd be thrilled. Sure looked at the red and white cane wondering if she'd wait til she got home to way it or to eat it right away.

Flourish was in need of a pick me up. The day had unfolded to lots of hard work for the pegasus filly. She pushed her flight goggles back between her ears and flicked her mane out of her eyes. Looking up she studied her cloud writing work from a distance.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLOVER BELL!

The words were scrawled out across the sky in perfect order.

"Well, another successful birthday wish." She smiled and patted herself on the back with a blue wing. "You've earned a little treat."

She had noticed the sweet shop as she was landing and thought perhaps she could find something to satisfy her craving. Something sweet but also a little salty would be just perfect. She hoped the sweet shop would have something like that.

Flourish trotted inside and saw a brightly hued pony standing at the counter and a white coated pony working behind it. She had placed a row of candy canes out and they looked good!

"Hi! Smells good in here! Is this shop new?"

"Oh right. I'll take to originals"

SugarSweet slid the two candy canes forward off the tray with her hoof when the filly put bits on the counter. "Candy canes are a bit each and the first ones free". She said kindly taking one bit and sliding the rest back. As she did so the door opened again and a pegasus filly wearing goggles trotted in.

"Hi! Smells good in here! Is this shop new?"

"Hello there! Welcome to my shop. It does seem to be what draws ponies in." She said with a smile "Me and my shop have been here awhile but not that long. I started this shop a couple of months after i turned a adult pony. So its been a couple of years." SugarSweet said in her gentle voice. "Come for anything in particular?" She had asked the pegasus kindly.

SugarSweet slid the two candy canes forward off the tray with her hoof when the filly put bits on the counter. "Candy canes are a bit each and the first ones free". She said kindly taking one bit and sliding the rest back. As she did so the door opened again and a pegasus filly wearing goggles trotted in.

"thank you...!" she said putting the candy canes in her bag as well as the other bits. she wanted to as the nice mare her name but decided to wait till the other mare was done. She looked around as if she was going to buy something else, which she was planning on. Her eyes stopped on some lolipops. She has seen the nice mares cutie mark and found it cool that they were the same shape as her cutie mark. With her preheprial ((i don't know how to spell it)) vision she looked at the mare. Deep n her mind she wondered why she was wearing goggles but would never dream of asking. She could be rude and have an attitude sometimes but not today.

flourishsmall_zpscbd98cc7.jpg

"Cool!" She smiled to the pony behind the counter. "I don't remember seeing the shop before, but I'm glad it's here!" She looked around, wondering what she would like to buy. She had earned enough bits from her recent cloud writing job to buy basically whatever sweets she might want. But, she had a figure to watch and so knew better than to load up on too much.

"Well, I want something sweet but also with a little saltiness to it. You got anything like that?"

After asking the question about candy she turned to the brightly hued pony. She felt like perhaps the pony had been watching her, She smiled and nodded her head in greeting. "Hi there! This is a pretty cool place huh?"

"I don't remember seeing the shop before, but I'm glad it's here!"

"Thanks! I'm always happy when others are happy!" SugarSweet said in her kind voice in her bubbly attitude as she was normally in. She picked up with taking lollipops out where she had left off when the first pony had came in.

"Well, I want something sweet but also with a little saltiness to it. You got anything like that?"

"Well lets see. I've got saltwater taffy if you want that, as well as pretzels, and chocolate covered pretzels. Any of those interest you?" She said sweetly to the mare as she continued pulling the lollipops out of their molds. *SNAP!* her eyes widened and ears folded back as she looked down from talking to the mare Looking at the lollipop she had pulled out of the mold seeing that it had broke in half ".....Well..." SugarSweet remarked as she dumped the pieces out removing the stick from the shattered pieces. "Any of you two want this?" She asked the two ponies in the room "Broken candies always go for free around here!"

Flourish's ears laid back as well as the candy snapped in half. She eyed the two pieces and then looked over to the other mare.

"Well, how about we help clean up the broken candy around here?" She smiled and stepped up to snatch a half of the broken lollipop. "Oh, I'm Flourish by the way!" She introduced herself to both ponies.

The pegasus put the edge of the broken piece in her mouth and sucked on it for a moment.

"Wow! This tastes really great after all the flying today. Thanks for the sample." She looked at the saltwater taffy. "I think I could go for some saltwater taffy. What flavors do you have?" There appeared to be lots of different colors of taffy and she was excited to find out what flavors they were.

Song helped pick up the delicious broken Lollipop. "These are really good!" She agreed. "Nice to meet you Flourish. I'm Song. " she introduced herself. She thought she might as well get to know these nice ponies "if I may ask, why we're you flying so much? Are you traveling?" She asked. She traveled alot for all the concerts she could get into. And she usually had to fly there so she knew what it wad like to want something nice to eat or drink after a long fly.

Flourish smacked her lips as she continued to enjoy the delicious candy.

"Nice to meet you too Song!" When she heard the question about flying she unfolded her wings and stretched them out for a moment before settling them back in at her sides.

"Well, it's my job actually. I fly to get around to places anyway but working for Cloud Crossers is my job. It's a cloud writing company. Today I made a birthday greeting for a pony in this town. You just fly up, get those clouds together, and form them into the words or pictures the clients want!" She nodded out the window. "You can still see the one I just finished. They last for a couple hours unless the wind comes up." She smiled. "It's actually really fun once you get the hang of it!"

She was looking forward to tasting some salt water taffy and continued to get to know the other ponies while she waited. "Sometimes the jobs are here in Canterlot, but I travel to other cities too. Did a few days in Manehatten recently."

She swallowed the piece of lollipop that had been in her mouth. "What about you Song? Are you from Canterlot?"

"Oh, I'm Flourish by the way!"
"I'm Song. "

"Nice to meet you to Flourish and Song!" SugarSweet smiled. "Sorry if i have not introduced myself yet. I am SugarSweet but you can call me Sugar for short if you want." She had said in a soft but audible voice with a soft smile on her face. She was always delighted to have ponies in her shop and to see them happy.

"I think I could go for some saltwater taffy. What flavors do you have?"

"I have Chocolate, Orange, peppermint , Strawberry, vanilla, Blueberry, and Watermelon. You can have one of the flavors or a number of them. And i can also make a batch of custom made ones to any flavor you wish! I always like trying new things!" Sugar smiled at the pegasus lifting up the glass in the counter full of candy.

"Hi Sugar! I'm glad we got to meet, this place is well... sweet!" She smiled as Sugar pulled the salt water taffy out. There were so many colors and flavors to choose from!

"Wow, you can do custom flavors?" She raised her eyebrows in thought, "I've always loved chocolate mint. do you think you could make some like that?" She reached for a watermelon one. "I think I'll try this one too if that's cool?" She unwrapped the bright pink colored treat and popped it in her mouth.

"MMmmffff! Shticky!"

((Sorry. I wad battling the evil monster known as high school))

"I love here but I'm usually traveling for whatever contests and concerts I can get into" she said still looking around at the candy. She'd have to come here more often. This place was awesome. "Nice to meet you Sugar. " she said eyeing the taffy as well. She wondered if she should get some. They looked delicios. But she wasn't exactly the salty-sweet type so she started looking elsewhere in the store.

((And note I must battle high school's evil side kick, homework))

• 2 weeks later...

"Hi Sugar! I'm glad we got to meet, this place is well... sweet!" She smiled as Sugar pulled the salt water taffy out. There were so many colors and flavors to choose from!

"Wow, you can do custom flavors?" She raised her eyebrows in thought, "I've always loved chocolate mint. do you think you could make some like that?" She reached for a watermelon one. "I think I'll try this one too if that's cool?"

"Awww thanks" SugarSweet smiled as Flourish complemented on her shop. "This is just a simple shop tho. I hope for trying to get one of those fancy shops sometime in the future." She added as she listened to the other mare. "Sure i can do different flavors, Chocolate mint does sound good." Sugar smiled as she began setting up some bowls and utensils up on the counter behind her. "Alto it does take a little time to make if you don't mind a wait?" She added kindly asking the mare "Please, Take all you wish"

"I love here but I'm usually traveling for whatever contests and concerts I can get into" she said still looking around at the candy. She'd have to come here more often. This place was awesome. "Nice to meet you Sugar. " she said

"Thanks Its nice to meet you to Song ! a contest and concert goer? What kinds? She asked in wonder.

"usually musical. But sometimes i get myself wrapped up in other things i'm not even good at because i want to compete." she said andswering Sugar's question. "i play piano, flute, and guitar." she said ((there's guitars in MLP right? if not ignore the guitar)) but mainly piano." she continued

• 3 weeks later...

"Sure! Don't mind waiting!" Flourish smiled at the candy maker as she then listened to Song list the instruments she could play.

"Wow! That's a ton of different instruments. It sure is awesome to find something you love to do isn't it?" Flourish asked both ponies.

The pegasus waited patiently for her treats to be done. She walked around the candy store sampling a few different candies here and there. She made sure to remember what she tried so she could pay Sugar back later. She started to reach for a glass container full of jelly beans and accidentally knocked into it. She was able to stop it from falling but it left her in a predicament. She tried to hold up the jar but she could feel it slipping!

"Uh, a little help here?"

Across from the colorful candy shop, a pony hunched behind a bench while looking through a pair of binoculars. She watched as ponies passed by the shop and who went in. But mostly she just stared at the sign in wonder.

"So, another pony has opened a candy shop in Canterlot, and just a block away from where Mr. Cocoa's shop is. This is a big city, so why would a pony decide to be so close? Unless..."

It was then that the chocolate mare let out a gasp as she stood up, almost dropping her binoculars if they were not around her neck.

"What if she's a spy, a candy spy that is trying to steal all my sweet secrets? The nerve! Well I will just have to see if this owner is really who he or she says they are. But I need to be covert about this. Can't be too conspicuous or I'll blow my cover."

She carefully crept up to the store, casually trying to blend into the crowd before opening the door to the shop. The place looked like a typical candy store with its usual fare like chocolates and lollipops. Sweet Surprise knew that they would be there, but her main concern were her special candies. It was time to meet the owner of the place.

"Hi there," she said to the ponies gathered there, "Um... which one of you is the owner of this place?"

SugarSweet smiled as she turned once again to begin making the candy that Flourish requested. After a moment or two she began pulling the candy out like string repeatedly to mix in the flavors.

"Uh, a little help here?"

Turning around she saw Flourish holding the jar of jelly beans that had apparently fell over. Trotting over she pushed the glass jar back up onto the shelf. "Your candy is almost ready by the way." She said to flourish smiling as she started back for the counter to finish up the candy when a pony walked in.

"Hi there," she said to the ponies gathered there, "Um... which one of you is the owner of this place?"

SugarSweet walked behind the counter to finish the candy. "That would be me, Is there anything i can get ya'?" She said to the pony smiling. Was there something wrong? she thought as she finished up Flourishes candy and placed it on the counter. "your candy is ready" ​She said to Flourish smiling.

Welp, Vinyl was in the mood for something sweet an' delicious - there was no denying it.

She'd been running through her list of thoughts for what kinda sweet treat she was in the mood for, but nothing was immediately springing to mind as she trekked her way through canterlot...Donuts were cool, but she didn't have any coffee, Ice Cream was always a treat, but wasn't hot enough for that, and Chocolate was a little NOT really what her sweet tooth was in the mood for.

Nope, there was nothing for it - she wanted something sweet, juicy and suckable...a hard candy of sorts was definitely in her sights, but she wasn't sure where she was gonna pick up something that might just tick off all her boxes. To that end, she finds herself looking at a small unassuming shop in the corner of canterlot that was near enough to where she lived - pushing her way through the doors and taking a small sniff of the aroma's that lay within...yup, this was definitely the kinda sweet shop that Vinyl knew she's probably come back to sooner or later.

" Yo, hello? " the mare enquired, spotting the store owner and a few other ponies in the vicinity...she made her way over towards them and chuckles slightly.

" Was in the neighbourhood an' figured I'd get a few sweet bites to eat in here - whatcha got, I think I got me a few bits t'throw at somethin' delicious right about now! "

Flourish breathed a sigh of relief when Sugar helped her right the jelly bean jar. For one agonizing moment she had imagined the jar falling, smashing, and brighted hued beans scattering everywhere.

"That would have been a great first impression..." She mumbled to herself as she made her way back to the counter. "Thanks for helping me with that!" She smiled at Sugar. "So, my candy is done?" She eyed the candy that was now resting on the counter top. The pegasus put some in her mouth and chewed for a moment. "Oh man, this is so good!"

After a while another pony entered the shop. It was the infamous Vinyl Scratch! Flourish had never met her, but figured she would try to help out. "Hi! Sugar's got some great stuff in here. Basically anything you're in the mood for. Wanna try this chocolate mint goodness?" She offered some freshly made chocolate mint candy to the unicorn.

"Um... which one of you is the owner of this place?"

It was then that another pony entered the shop. Flourish nodded towards Sugar Sweet. "That's the pony you're after, right there!" She exclaimed with a smile.

Sweet Surprise was taken by... well surprise... when the store owner answered so quickly to her request. It was almost as if she could read the chocolate colored pony's mind, but that couldn't happen, could it? Maybe that was the pony's nefarious plans, to get into Sweet's mind and steal her secret recipes.

Her thoughts were quickly broken by a mare who had purchased some candy and was offering it to Vinyl Scratch explained who the owner was.

"Oh thanks. And hello again Vinyl Scratch. I remember you from the Mare's Night Out party in Ponyville. That dance was a hoot!"

She almost forgot her goal of eying up the competition when conversing with these ponies, but she didn't want to appear rude. She turned back to the owner and gave her a quick look over. She seemed like an interesting Pegasus an very friendly, but now came the test.

"Hi there, I'm Sweet Surprise," she said trying to shift the saddlebag so it obscured her pink candy cutie mark from the other candy maker, "I was actually looking for a few thing, but first I don't think I caught your name."

Archived