Be Nice! (Seriously)

Rosewind

Canterlot.com is a community founded under the paradigm of understanding, tolerance, and friendship. With that said, I've noticed an overabundance of mean-spirited comments in our user blogs and status updates recently that my Moderation team has needed to remove and/or action.

Please consider the type of site this is when making comments to other users. We're entitled to our opinions -- and disagreement and differing opinions are quite welcome -- but we all need to be mindful of how we choose to respond to others:

Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.

or

Rw7CoUC.jpg

Thanks for listening!

You'd think people would just be like me and avoid saying anything. I know I'm abrasive and it's not an aspect of myself I wish to change anytime in the foreseeable future. So I just don't say anything if I think I'll hurt someone's feelings. It's really as easy as keeping your opinion to yourselves.

I hope I'm not one of the ones responsible for this. I know I can be quite sarcastic and down-trodden at times, but I've tried to avoid being mean-spirited or abrasive. :(

The fact this is one of the biggest issues on this site makes me pretty proud of the site as a whole. Think about the horrible issues the fandom has overall with what overzealous and socially inept fans have done, then think about here. Man, it is no wonder I spend 98% of my fandom web effort on this site, because it is pretty much what I wish the fandom could be (although it could use more smexy in socks art ;) )

The fact this is one of the biggest issues on this site makes me pretty proud of the site as a whole. Think about the horrible issues the fandom has overall with what overzealous and socially inept fans have done, then think about here. Man, it is no wonder I spend 98% of my fandom web effort on this site, because it is pretty much what I wish the fandom could be (although it could use more smexy in socks art ;) )

Amen. I'm glad to have stumbled on this site as my first experience with a brony community. :)

While it is a shame that this is something that needs to be repeated, I'm in agreement that is a good thing this is the only real major issue here. I've only recently become a bit more active in the fandom (I decided to look up pony RP's only about a few months ago) and I'm glad this was one of the first places I stumbled into. I haven't been here for long but I've enjoyed the company and the things I've taken part in very much! :)

While being toxic is, at its core, a basic human emotion and reaction (unfortunately), it goes without saying that its a reaction everypony/one/etc. can afford to ignore as a whole, and look for more constructive ways to deal with the situations where it might arise. (Or, if all else fails, grab the nearest soft and fluffy object and scream as loud as you can into it!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is the first, and so far only, brony RP site I've gone to. I've been greeted with nothing but warm smiles, and only a couple times have I ever felt a tinge of anger in someone's text, but I found it to be perfectly justifiable anger, and nothing like name calling or something like that. I really hope I've been able to show the same, as I can only think of one post where I may have come across as angry or upset. Anyway, this place is amazing-awesome, I love it here, and I really appreciate all of the work everyone does to keep this site going! I can only hope that one day I'll be as awesome as all of you. :D

• 2 weeks later...

its messed up that people need to be reminded about what this show teaches us, The friendship is whats important, all of us should know that

This has absolutely nothing to do with friendship, because nobody on this site is friends with everyone, this is about respect and common courtesy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived