Fleur's Fashion Convention! {Open}

QuickLime

FleurBanner2_zpsb46ffe36.png

Fleur has decided to hold a Fashion Convention! Anypony who is ANYPONY will be there!

The convention takes place in one of the citiy's grandest hotels, in the banquet area, made over proper! There are booths for ponies to sell their wares, there is a large stage for speeches,talks and the latest fashion tips, and there is a wonderful buffet catered as well!

It is the perfect atmosphere to gain exposure, rub elbows with some of the greats in the Fashion world, and also to just have some good clean fun!

Fleur herself will be manning a rather large booth where she is giving away free makeovers for any pony interested in such a thing

FleurStripbanner_zps0bfd98ce.png

Fleur had retired from modeling, but truthfully she had always had a soft spot for fashion, it was a wonderful way to express ones art, one's creativity, and ones passion! So here she was, all her tools laid out, a few jewelry pieces she had made with the expressed purpose of giving away in make overs, containers of makeup, mane spray, the whole nine yards! A large mirror was put behind a swivel chair to show the newly made over (or under if need be) their new look!

The booth had a sign that said "Free makeovers for all!" And Fleur had placed a little crystalline dish of buttermints for the ponies to enjoy, she was rather pleased at how everything looked, and everypony was going to have so much fun, that she was practically squealing in her delight!

"I cannot vait to make someone up!"

CoCoRpBanner_zpsa2cf136c.png

Fleur was not the only pony there with a stand! Coco had taken some of her best work, and put it out there to sell, elaborate costume pieces, beautiful hats, and very lovely gala formal wear all for sale! She was offering them at a discount since she was mostly there to have fun, as well as promote her own work!

Though the best thing she was selling was a gown made with lovely rainbow fabric, the skirt being a deep sky blue, with the overskirt being see through, but dyed all the colors of the rainbow, the bodice being deep blue, accessorized with pearls, and the sleeves being just over the shoulder, also beautifully see through and rainbow,all of this was garnished with a flurry of lace, bunched up into a flower, with rainbow thread sewn through the holes, tucked behind one of the mannequins ears.

Coco fussed with it lightly and smiled, it was really her best work, she hoped she'd spark some interest.

peachybannerrezize_zpsebfea288.png

Peachy cantered across the banquet area with a spring in his step. He was quite thrilled to say the least. Fashion conventions were a passion of his. Especially when they're as monumental and extravagant as this!

He was on a business trip in Manehatten when running across flyers for the event. Being a lover of fashion, he decided to stay at this hotel in the hopes of snapping up some stunning new outfits before tomorrow. After all, when it came to wares, or anything for that matter, only the best would do! Not only that, but the idea of meeting so many new and interesting ponies was an opportunity he simply could not dismiss.

There was so much to do! It was overwhelming in the most delightful way. As Peachy scanned the area, his eyes fell upon a gorgeous mare standing at her booth which said;

"Free makeovers for all!"

Upon reading the sign, he decided to visit there first.

As he headed for the booth, he tipped his hat to a blue maned mare selling exquisitely made apparel. And despite the discount, there was no mistaking the sheer quality of it all. Her stand was certainly second on his visiting list.

Peachy approached the beautiful white unicorn and smiled. He took his hat into his hoof and placed it against chest while presenting a bow. "Hello there, love. My name is Keen. It's certainly a pleasure meeting a mare as stunning as you." He ended his sentence with a playful wink before returning to a normal stance. His hat remained against his chest "Tell me, are those makeovers available for stallions as well?"

Requesting a makeover was not the most masculine thing a stallion could be seen doing, but keeping up that kind of image hardly mattered to Peachy. And he was far too curious to pass this up over something so trivial.

• 1 month later...

Fleur giggled at the compliment, what a little charmer.. "Ooh Hoo hoo! Mr Keen shameless flatterer is you yes?" She asked and patted her seat "Oie! It is for the mares, it is for the stallions! Fashion is for everypony yes?" Fleur batted her eyelashes "Come and sit I will make you look even more gorgeous than you already are! Zhe mares will be dropping at your hooves..and maybe a Stallion or two?" Fleur teased him lightly, Fleur moving to get some supplies out, looking through her clips, to find one that resembled a lovely peach blossom twig, with a fleur de lis in the center of each pink seashell petal, setting it gracefully to the side.

peachybannerrezize_zpsebfea288.png

"Come and sit I will make you look even more gorgeous than you already are! Zhe mares will be dropping at your hooves..and maybe a Stallion or two?"

Peachy chuckled. He found himself getting unquestionably charmed by her accent."That's why I'm here! I imagine your skills are truly something to behold."

He trotted over and sat on the swivel chair. Keeping his hat in his hooves, he spun around to face the mirror for a brief moment to instinctively correct his appearance. And when he turned back to the mare, a fine piece of jewelry caught his eye. It looked to be a clip that was molded into a beautiful peach blossom branch. A large grin found it's way on his face. "That is quite a dazzling mane clip! You don't by any chance know who made it, do you?"

• 2 weeks later...

"Oh..zhat zhing? It was me" She pointed at herself with the tip of her hoof "I designed and made it, eit is just a silly little bobble!" After she got all her supplies done, she turned him so he was facing her and not the mirror, her horn glowing with her magic as she got right to work! A brush levitating up to neatly smooth his hair, and some spray to freshen it, his mane was already lovely, but Fleur saw potential!

"Would you be up to trying a leittle highlighting in your mane Monsour?"

PeachyBanner_zps681adafc.png

"Oh..zhat zhing? It was me. I designed and made it, eit is just a silly little bobble!"

"Silly? It's far from silly, my dear."

He turned back to the mirror again to check for anything out of place, feeling a bit annoyed by his obsessive tendency when around reflections. But before he could do much, the mare swiveled the chair around so he faced her rather than the mirror.

"Would you be up to trying a leittle highlighting in your mane Monsour?"

Peachy smiled. "Why yes, that sounds marvelous."

He took a gander at her cutie mark. A Fleur-de-lis? That could mean a variety of things. He could only geuss her special talent was either jewelry or perhaps makeup.

Peachy enjoyed the idea of a makeover. He pictured in his head various different images of what it might look like when she was done. But really, there's no telling what he'll see in the mirror when the time comes.

Peachy's train of thought faltered and his eyes lit up as he realized the name of this lovely mare remained a mystery.

"Oh my, I believe I haven't gotten your name yet, miss...?"

• 2 weeks later...

"Oh 'Ow silly of me! I am Fleur De Lis! But please darlin'k call me Fleur" She said batting her eyelashes at Peachy, before moving to gently pet his mane with her hoof, thinking softly that a bit of light yellow highlights would look absolutely fabulous with his mane, and they would truly bring out those gorgeous green eyes! "I am quite glad you like eit " She said, blushing ever so softly as he complimented the jewelry, even more of a reason to let him keep it as a treasured momento of today.. "I vill be using a very easy to wash out mane dye, so eincase you do not like eit zhen It will come out in a jiffy pinch!" She assured him.

Fleur then got to work, first washing his mane in the basin, before toweling it fluffy clean, and starting to diligently apply a few highlights of the light yellow dye with her magic, while it set she freshened his face up with a gentle herbal scrub that spread on and felt like silk! "Zhis is to brighten zhe face, it makes your eyes sparkle and hides any bags, not zhat you have zhem darling! But zhey will prevent them aswell!" She said and giggled.

Once that was done, she focused on the little pin and using her magic she neatly attached it to the band around his hat, so it neatly looked like it was folding around the brim.

The dye had set and she gently rinsed it off, and again toweled and dried it neatly, "I used a very special shampoo zhat a friend of mine makes, it makes your make SO luxuriously smooth and soft"

Peachy Keen now had a very nice and fluffy mane, neatly combed, with the glinting highlights that looked a soft yellow, but if they caught the light, glinted oh so softly of gold, and to top it all off she neatly placed his hat back upon his head. "I did not vant to mess with perfection too much,jou are already very handsome monsour.."

For dear sweet Javasun, it had been nearly a month sense he had made his periodic trips back to Manehatten home to visit his family. And each time it was practically a long train ride. Weather it was being pulled by the actual engine, or by pony power; he could never be sure. But this one felt particularly long, and the normally energetic Pony, had finally fell asleep. When he woke up after the train came to a stop at the respective station, he had to squint his eyes to the sudden shift of light. The other bit he had noticed was that his hair had seemed to have relaxed just enough for him to throw it up over his head and between his ears as he disembarked. It was decent enough, but still had a daft appearance to it. While wondering through the familiar streets of the cities, he couldn't hope but notice the sudden bustling of fashioners pushing lines of coat racks through the streets. And all of them appeared to be heading in the same general location. Through the doors of one of the most expensive hotels in the city.

His eyes danced tiredly over the crowd for a moment, till it slowly shifted upwards to spot the large and rather enticing sign. “A Fashion Festival...” Java asked himself as he slowed his trot to a halt. He had constantly forgotten that he had grown up in a popular hub for fashion. The pony had actually started to pick up his pace once more after looking away from the hotel till he came to a stop again. His gaze then looking back to his vest.

“ My wardrobe... is feeling drawl as of late...” he thought to himself.

A hoof raised up to poke at a button his vest. It was something that he had always appreciated. It wasn't meant for typical wear, but the material was made to be durable for lab situations. With a sigh, the Pony slowly turned back around and made his way across the street and entered the hotel after paying the admission costs from pocket, if any.

And after entry, the very first thing that Java had noticed was not the odd looks he was receiving. But the incredibly large stage at the end of the Lobby, with the sign that read “Free Make Overs”. While it wasn't much of his cup of tea, he did feel drawn to it some how. His hoofs moving without his command. The alluring sensation he was feeling was either by the only path that did not appear to be a claustrophobic enduing mess leading directly to the stage, or simply just by the attractive lure of letters. The closer he got, he couldn't help to feel like experimenting. The thought of a 'Make over' didn't sound to bad, even when make up had not been something he actually enjoyed seeing.

• 4 weeks later...

PeachyBanner_zps681adafc.png

"I did not vant to mess with perfection too much, jou are already very handsome monsour.."

After Fluer returned Peachy's hat to his head, he glanced in the mirror. A smile graced his features while he gazed at the results of his makeover. Gold highlights embellished his now smooth and soft mane. He angled his face in multiple directions to get a better view and noticed the little pin attached to his hat. "As expected this looks wonderful, love."

When he pried his eyes away from the mirror, he caught sight of a familiar stallion standing near by. His grin widened and he waved a hoof towards the pony. "Java! We have quite a knack for bumping into each other, don't we?" He stepped down from the client seat and trotted over to the stallion. "Are you here for a makeover as well?." He cast a wink in Fluer's direction. "I certainly wasn't disappointed."

Java's attention finally had been directed to the stage after hearing his name. An ear raised up into the air, and his gaze quickly shifted around, till he spotted a pink pony standing in front of him. His gaze then followed Peachy's as it was directed to Fluer, another pony the stallion didn't quite know by name nor appearance. But he was sure that it would have been taken with great offense if he even asked for credentials. If Peachy actually had a taste in both stallions and mares like Java, he could quite agree with him that it was a very attractive pony. But not his type as far as his very specific taste with mares go. To fru-fru, and not enough fire, evil, or insane.

But when he mulled over his answer, he did begin to think about his reason for being here. All he wanted was to spice up his wardrobe, and now he suddenly had the urge of experimenting with the concept of a make over. The thought of his own proud but daft looking mess of a mane being tamed with high end products for once, was both repulsive yet alluring.

"Actually," he began, finally settling with just saying no and walk out before he stepped on a land mind. He raised a hoof up as he continued to speak. "I think I will give it a tr..." he paused after pronouncing the first two letters of "try". He wanted to say no! Not yes! But his own body had defied him! But under what reasons! Was it not satisfied with the natural light, with more than regular washing and bathing? He tried to speak once more, "Yes I'll be up for-" he cut himself off again, his expression going blank. He tried to mull over the reasons for this sudden change.

The thought of experimenting and new experiences were quite alluring enough, and sadly a "make over" counts as a new experiment. But it would mean the attraction of ponies he simply did not wish to associate with! But it could very well mean that it draws in other ponies as well. The "daft pony" look is quite a turn away from everyone, and not just one crowd. A hoof raised up to the pony's chin as an odd but contemplative look took over his expression. He seemed rather confused with himself at the moment.

"What was the other reason," Java thought to himself. He then remembered another pony he had met. "What did she wanted to do again that he had decided to help her with? A spa! It was a spa... and beauty is part of it. How could you even build a spa and fund it for her... if the pony doing the effort has never experienced it!" A begrudging look finally revealed it's self for mere seconds before it reverted back to a curious look.

"Alright, yes I am here for a make over," Java finally said. The words rolled out of his jaws smoothly, but to Java, it felt like a pony had bucked him in the gut. He then added on as he reared up onto his back hooves, and placed his fore legs gently onto the stage so he could get a better look at Peachy. "I am normally an open minded pony, I figured I could give this a... try." Then as an added joke, he pointed up to his mane and wiggled his wrapped and equally disheveled tail. "Besides, if anyone can tame this mane, I am sure she can~"

Fleur giggled as he winked at her, so very glad he liked it, however the presence of the other stallion made her wrinkle her nose, perhaps it was the way he looked her over, possibly writing her off as some sort of bimbo because she was tall, thin and "attractive" Perhaps it was the way the words "flowed" out of his mouth but the sincerity didn't meet his eyes, perhaps it was the way the coffee cut through the air, that was heavy upon his breath?

Either way Fleur didn't care for him, it was probably rude to do so but she didn't... But she painted on a kind smile "I will give it my very best monsewer.." She cooed and patted the chair "Do 'ave a seat "

The pony's ever so tired eyes barely made a single hint to any real emotion the stallion was having. But his overly paranoid and observant picked up on what he believed to be... sudden hostility. The wrinkling of the mare's nose had even caused the stallion to flinch and recoil a few hoof steps back. Even his own eyes had widened a bit with sudden surprise and fear. Perhaps... this place truly wasn't for him, labeling him almost immediately a black sheep in the herd. Perhaps she wasn't as mean or distasteful as he thought? Maybe he was being unfair, after all... his mane was a mess. His eyes then drifted down to the smile, the appearance of it made him feel even more uncomfortable then he already was. Did he do something to offend her? Did he do something to displease her? Or does she just outright not like him.

His eyes darted to Peachy for just a moment and then back to the mare who had been enticing him to the chair. Any regrets that he had, were now suddenly elevated exponentially. He raised a hoof up, it's motion originally intended to slowly draw the Stallion back and out of the hotel and into the safety of the streets. But he had forced himself instead to take a step closer.

"COme on Java... it's unlikely that she would do anything rash. Though if I am not mistaking... a perm improperly done and left for more than a few seconds past it's recommended time is more than enough to damage the scalp," he thought to himself. He even took a moment to quickly calculate a bizarrely long list of scenarios... and very few of them actually ended kindly. What ever this mare from tartarus was... has given this pony enough to be scared of with just a wrinkle of the nose.

He looked around for a moment, and then trotted up the stairs onto the stage nervously. He took a seat on the chair and waited for her to go about her work, before mumbling softly, "Did....did I provoke you?" He really wanted to know. He simply had to know as this would determine if he needed to make a hasty exit, and abscond cowardly to the safety of his family apartment after a 20 mile stampede away from disaster that was a terrifying and angry fashionista. Was it his attitude? Maybe this woman was actually famous... and he sauntered in acting like she was no one important! Or perhaps it was his mane? Yes, that could be it!

His mane was messy from a closer look at a distance. But it wasn't entirely Java's fault. It was his hair's natural tendency! Something that had been passed down to every proud Gear to their offspring! Strong hair! Wire like! But usually appearing in a messy disaster. Java did at least make an attempt to get it tamed in the past, but it simply wouldn't stay put. And with the beyond regular number of bathes that Java takes per day to remove ash, dirt, oil, metal bits, burnt fur, blood, and what other abnormalities he picks up at work... the constant shampooing did give his mane a shine! But by the color and nature of his hair, such a sheen could really only be seen up close thanks to just how dark his entire coat and mane was. And now it's going to be the death of him! He could see the epitaph on his tomb stone now. Here lies Java, died in the hands of fashion. What a terrible experience this has became! Java was practically trembling nervously in the seat. Not from the coffee, but partly from the lack of a good six days of sleep; although there existed no bags to show it. Mostly because of this terrifying mare!

Archived