[Appleoosa]Preparing for a show...(open)

Ashton

devious_trixie_by_20pixels-d6dm1xe.png

Trixie Lulamoon aka "The Great and Powerful Trixie"

Trixie was standing outside her card, moving some props into place, preparing for the afternoon show (which would go on into the evening and end with a massive fireworks display) as she pulled on a rope she reflected on all that had happened. She had gone from a failure to once again traveling and doing shows thanks to her friend who was so generously backing her. She was a little flustered and confused by all this, but she wsnt going to question it since fate seemed to be looking up for her finally.

...Of course, this was also turf of some family of one of those ponies she humiliated... twice... which made her a little uneasy. Though it was also quite possible that the fact there had been no incidents was proof that they had agreed to forgive and forget, or at least give her one more chance... onloy time would tell...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(ooc): I know I can't RP with Sheriff Silverstar here, but I do have Appleoosa OC's I can use here.

lgcFVs.jpgLouise LaMare

kVfbss.jpgDoc Holly Day

efXZXs.pngThunderclap (a buffalo)

Walking down the street towards the place where Trixie was to perform were two leading citizens of Appleoosa, Louise LaMare (the famous Pioneer Pony times novelist) and Doc Holly Day, the town's doctor and a graduate of Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. With them was their buffalo friend Thunderclap, one of very few of his kind to ever venture into town on a regular basis.

"Dear friends, many thanks for bringing me to this, Magic Show, you call it?" Thunderclap mooed. "We have nothing like this within my herd."

"Magic is a tradition among us ponyfolk," Louise LaMare said as the Pegasus mare hovered over her two friends. "Doc Holly Day here graduated from a magic academy, isn't that right Doc?"

"Well, I ain't here ta brag er nuthin. but I did attend Princess Celestia's School in mah youth," the unicorn stallion said, "but in the end, I decided to devote mah life ta medicine and not magic. I hear the Great and Powerful Trixie puts on a terrific show!"

"Great and Powerful Trixie? Even the name of this magician is quite, what is the word I am looking for, intimidating?"

"Nothing to be scared of, This magic show will be fun! You'll see!" the brown pelted Pegasus mare neighed as the three continued their trek down the street.

Trixie smiled as she heard them talking about the show, it was good to see ponies that didnt hold her reputation against her, She continued setting up her props, wondering if any of them would recognize her from the fliers since she wasn't wearing her cape and hat --- after all it wouldn't do to have them get dirty from the work she was doing setting up. She still had to tie some fuses together for the fireworks too, even with her magic she knew she couldn't put on as impressive of a show as she wanted to without help from some traditional fireworks, and there were still some props to be set up behind hte curtain and set up the music to play when she wanted it. She was glad it was still an hour or so before the show began.

Noticing the unicorn mare setting up, but not realizing this was Trixie, the star of the show, Louise LaMare, Doc Holly Day and Thunderclap walked up to her.

"Howdy miss!" Doc Holly Day neighed as he removed his hat and bowed. "I'm Doc Holly Day, this is Louise LaMare and our buffalo friend Thunderclap. Couldn't help but noticed yur helpin' ta set up fer the big magic show. All of us kin help ya, if ya like."

"Yes, we'd love to help out!" added Louise as the brown Pegasus mare continued to hover in the air. "We here in Appleoosa want to make sure everything is ready when the Great and Powerful Trixie starts her show."

"Indeed!" Thunderclap mooed, "I am looking forward to seeing great feats of magic! With a name like the Great and Powerful Trixie, she must be the most powerful unicorn in the land!"

((I dont know why but I love the childlike wonderment of the buffalo, I really do ^_^))

Trixie smiled, having to really call on her acting skills not to burst into a huge grin, it was really nice to get your ego stroked like that, especially when your expecting the town to turn on you instead. The fact they didn't recognize her only made it feel all the better because she knew they were not simply patronizing her "well, Trixie has most of it under control, and the show will be quite amazing" she said "however, if you'd be willing to help move the water tank" she gestured to a large pony-sized glass tank of water, no doubt for an escape trick "it would be quite appreciated" she smiled "it goes in the center of the stage, right behind the curtain"

She looked specifically at Thunder this time, and actually did grin "Trixie will not disappoint you! Trixie's shows are amazing and exciting, though make sure you read the disclaimer about them being purely for entertainment purposes and in no way intended to be see as historical fact or a guide on how to perform feats of heroism" she was annoyed but after the ponyville incident she had to add a disclaimer to her show... not that it would have done her any good in the first place with how stupid the foals were that lead a faint celestial-bear-cub into town...

"I got this," Doc Holly Day said as the glasses wearing unicorn stallion's horn began to glow. Slowly, the glass tank rose upward.

"I'll help guide it, Doc!" Louise LaMare said as the brown Pegasus mare took flight over to the tank and started to gently push it towards the center of the stage. As wide eyed Thunderclap watched, the mustached unicorn soon gently floated the tank into place in the center of the stage.

"That was a great feat of magic in itself, Doctor!" the young buffalo mooed.

"Thank ya, Thunderclap, but that's jist a bit of levitation magic, most unicorns can do this with ease," Doc Holly Day said calmly.

"Don't be so modest, Doc! You studied magic in Canterlot! You graduated from the Princess's school too!"

"Well, I ain't gonna brag about it, Miss LaMare. Besides, betchca Miss Trixie will do magic feats even greater then I could in mah younger days."

"Miss?" Thunderclap asked, "Is there anything I can do to help you set up for the show?"

Trixie had the tiniest hint of a frown on her face, but she quickly swept it away with her acting skills... as if going to celestia's school was the only way to be a powerful unicorn! It was an insult, she was The Great and Powerful Trixie and she'd gone to no such acclaimed accademy... granted she had gone to a small unknown magic academy that might have had a reputation for dabling in the dark arts (how else would she have ever found out about the Alicorn amulet!) But she had done well for herself none the less.

"About the only thing left is tieing the fuses together for the fireworks" she smiled "thank you for your help with the tank, Trixie would rather not exaust herself this early into the evening" she smiled "if you would see to the fuses, it would be appreciated, Trixie must get ready for the show. A token of Trixie's esteem" she floated to all three of the autographed pictures "and for you..." she floated a small plushie over to the buffalo, complete with cape nd hat, and when you squeezed it, the horn lit up and it spoke "BEHOLD THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE"

Trixie smiled at them "Trixie hopes to see you all after the show, please enjoy it" she said as she made he way into her wagon to clean up and get ready.

Before the three received their autographed photos, Doc Holly Day quickly used his horn magic to instantly attach all of the firework fuses.

"Thar ya go, ma'am!" the mustached unicorn neighed, "now ya kin tell Miss Trixie the job's all done!"

"Good job, Doc!" added Louise LaMare as the brown Pegasus mare turned to their buffalo friend.

"You have amazing magic yourself, Doctor Holly Day," Thunderclap said, "but I can hardly wait to see the star of this magic show!"

Now the three received their photos and ThunderClap his Trixie doll. The buffalo squeezed and listened to the voice with wonderment.

"This is even MORE amazing magic!" he mooed before examining both the doll and the photo closely. "My pony friends, that unicorn who was setting up for the show, that was Trixie herself!"

"Nah! Couldn't be," Doc Holly Day said, "big stars like her have other ponies ta do all the work."

"I don't know," Louise added as she studied the photo. "She kinda looks like her..."

"Maybe she's one of her kinfolk workin' fer the show."

"I say that IS Trixie! We will ask after the show," ThunderClap said as ponies began to trickle in to find their seats for the big show.

The stage lights were all dim then the mare's voice echoed around "INTRODUCING... THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE!"

There was an explosion of smoke as the lights all came on, the air sparkled as the smoke dissipated and Trixie flashed her showstopping smile "It's Showtime!"

-----

"Trixie would like to thank you all, you've been a wonderful audience!" exclaimed the mare as there was another explosion and the lights all went out, at that same moment overhead fireworks began going off, a few of trixie's own magic and then those that the trio had tied together earlier. Trixie stood behind the curtain watching a moment and smiling. This was what she lived for, no other time did she ever feel as alive as she did when she was on the stage, she sometimes wondered if it was because she liked to make them all smile, or if she simply had an over-inflated ego... perhaps a little of both...

As the crowd was transfixed by the fireworks, trixie slowly made her way off the stage and back towards her wagon, it had been a good show.

The spectacular magic show delighted the entire audience. This was the first full fledged magic show ever performed in Appleoosa, so all of the ponies and other creatures gathered around were in awe and amazement of the powerful performance of the star of the show, the Great and Powerful Trixie! Few in the crowd knew of Trixie's recent past, and those who did know, really didn't care. Two of those in the audience who DID know her past were Louise LaMare and Doc Holly Day, but they had open minds and they didn't want their buffalo friend ThunderClap to know.

After the show was over and the crowd was starting to depart, Louise, Doc and ThunderClap stayed behind and walked slowly towards Trixie's wagon.

"Did you see? I told you the mare who was setting up the show was Miss Trixie," ThunderClap said with a smile, "and she was AMAZING!"

"Gotta admit you were right about that one," Doc Holly Day confessed, "and yur right about the show too! Very entertaining."

"Yes! I especially enjoyed the water tank trick!" Louise neighed as the Pegasus mare hovered above her two friends. "I've never seen anything like it!"

"I hope the Great and Powerful Trixie will see us now. I really want to tell her in person how much I enjoyed the show!"

"Only one way ta find out," the red mustached unicorn stallion said as he knocked gently on the door. "Miss Trixie, it's us, may we visit with you now?"

At the sound of the nock there was a few moments of silence, perhaps of hesitation, or perhaps the mare collecting herself and getting her proverbial mask back in place, but after a moment there was the sound of the tumblers turning as she unlocked the door and stepped out, her cape still around her neck, but her hat inside the wagon "yes? Can Trixie help you?" She asked a little nervously, obviously expecting the kn0ck to be forwarning of an angry mob or an official asking trixie to leave the city... or of an insane foal who had drug a monster into town for her to 'defeat'... she would enver forget that incident...

Upon seeing the tree frojm earlier, she smiled a little, ts a plasant suprise to see you again" she said "trixie trusts that you enjoyed the show?" she asked politely. Despite her upbeat attatude, her form was sagging a little and her eyes seemed red, was she simply tired or had she been pining over something in private? whichever case, she clearly wanted to be alone, but was willing to make the sacrifice for her fans - something she would not have done many months ago before the incidents.

"Miss Trixie," Doc Holly Day said as the unicorn stallion removed his hat and bowed.

"We just wanted to tell you how much we LOVED the show!" ThunderClap mooed as the young buffalo bull leaped up and down for joy. "You are truly amazing! Loved every minute of your magic on display!"

"Yes," Louise LaMare said as the brown Pegasus mare hovered out of the way of the joyful buffalo bull. "We were wondering, if you're not too tired, if you'd like to be our guest for a late supper? Madam Bistro's place is close by and we'd love to treat you to some wonderful Appleoosan food!"

"Yep! Madam Bistro's known fer her fine coffee, but she's got lovely desserts as well as some great dinner specials too! What do ya say, ma'am, it's our treat!"

"Oh, would you come with us, please?" ThunderClap asked, looking up at the magical unicorn mare with his classic 'puppy dog eyes' that were nearly irresistable.

((I'm just now paying attention to the actions and realized... thunderclap's a foal isnt he?))

Trixie smiled, turning slightly red "thank you all" she said "Trixie is very glad that you all enjoyed the show" she said. When offered dinner she paused, she didnt want to be rude, and if taken badly either one would be rude, and she didnt want to seem like an unkind glutton, even if she could certainly do with a nice dinner, she smiled "well, if it late, but trixie supposes she can have a cup of coffee atleast, trixie does have to get ready to move on tomorrow after all" she said, the tiniet hint of dissapointment in her eyes. She wouuyld like to spend more than a single day in a town, but it simply was not safe given her reputation...

(Well, in buffalo terms, ThunderClap would be an older calf)

"YEAH! That is wonderful!" ThunderClap mooed as he rushed over to the unicorn mare's side, "so happy you are coming with us!"

"Take it easy thar, youngster!" Doc Holly Day neighed, "don't wanna overwhelm our guest."

"Madam Bistro makes the finest coffee," Louise LaMare said as she continued to hover over the group, "she has a line of flavored coffees, even some made for drinking in the evening or before bedtime. Come with us, we'll show you the way."

Doc Holly Day and Louise LaMare lead the way to Madam Bistro's Cafe, with ThunderClap walking with Trixie, his eyes still full of wonderment.

((meh, I'm used to using either foal or cub, I actually have a FFA-style RP on another site where one of my ponies calls a human child a foal ;) ))

Trixie smiled a little awkwardly, not having a lot of experiance with foals, but knowing enough not to slip up and say or do anything stupid "Trixie appreciates the gennerocity you all are showing. To be honest Trixie has met with some... less than kind receptions in her travels and it makes her quite happy to see those who enjoy her shows" she said, She had been hoping for a nice smoothie before bed, she was never much for coffee after all, but she also was never one to look a gift-horse in the mouth, especially after her laborous time working on that rock farm and worse, her time afterward on the road where her shows and bookings were more jokes than serious (one literally being that they booked her just to mock and heckle her the whole time... and to her credit she went on with the show, though afterwards she did take her anger out on a remote patch of woods... the locals probably had assumed there had been a rather angry bear come through that area...

"If you dont mind, Trixie was wondering, are you all from this town?" she asked "Trixie has traveled long and far, and while she once had a home that is long behind her now" she said, not sounding unhappy about it... though she was always keeping in the back of her mind the option presented to her to stay in ponyville and open a magic shop... especially since... no! she wasn't going to think about that! not here!

The trio began to answer Trixie's questions as they entered Madam Bistro's Place. It's a restaurant with simple Western style decor.

"Well Miss Trixie, I came to Appleoosa with the first band of pony settlers," Doc Holly Day said as he pointed out a nice table for the group to sit at. "A lot of us came out here to the wilderness to build this town when we were inspired by Miss LaMare's Pioneer Pony novels..."

"Now Doc," Louise said, trying to hide her blushing. "I can't take all the credit, but I must say, when I heard that my books inspired the creation of Appleoosa, I decided to move here myself! I LOVE being here! It's like living in one of my novels!"

"And my buffalo tribe has been here for many generations!" ThunderClap mooed. "You ponies are all awesome, especially YOU, Miss Trixie!"

"Here's a menu," Louise said as she handed it to the unicorn mare. "Many fine selections here, there's many beverage choices too, including real fruit smoothies! They've been very popular here since Madam Bistro put them on the menu last month."

"Order whatever ya like, ma'am, it's on us!"

Trixie paused a moment and muttered quietly "I wonder if one day somepony will write a book about me..." though it was clear she thought they wouldn't, which she hated to admit was actually one ofher fears - not to fail to succeed in her life, not to fail at saving others, but to fail to leave a mark, to be forgotten. Those who history forgets are those who truely die.

Trixie was pulled from her metal ravine by the foal and smiled "Trixie appreciates the praise" she said "Does your tribe not have a shaman though? She or He is doubtlessly more worthy of your admiration and praise than Trixie is" she said, showing a suprising amount of modesty.

Trixie took the menu in ehr horns glow and looked more than a little suprised, maybe her magic was even more powerful thans he had dreamed and she had jsut changed reality and caused the restaraunt to have smoothies! ...pfft, yeah, right, her immagination was really starting to run away with her if she even *thought* such a thing. but she none the less smiled ordered a hay-and-strawberry smoothie with oats.

"Your town is very impressive" she said "Trixie regrets she cannot spend more time here, but she will be heading out in the morning" she explained, wondering where her travels woudl take her, though knowing deep down she'd end up back where it all began... but not just yet...

ThundarClap was fascinated with Trixie's question.

"Well Miss Trixie, we do have a shaman who is a master of healing potions and remedies. But we have nothing in my tribe that can match your magical powers! Where did you learn to do such amazing feats of magic?"

Doc Holly Day and Louise LaMare were rather stunned at the young buffalo bull's question. They were curious about this too, but didn't want to press their guest with any questions that could make her feel uncomfortable.

"So, Miss Trixie," Doc Holly Day asked, "Have you decided what ya wanna order?"

"Yes Miss Trixie," added Louise LaMare, "feel free to have as much as you like!"

"Surry ya have ta be leavin' so soon. Maybe someday, when yur on a break from yur show, ya might wanna come here fer vacation."

"Yes! Madam Bistro's is not only a restaurant, they have many motel rooms upstairs too! I stayed at Madam Bistro's when I first arrived in Appleoosa, until I found a place of my own to move into."

((dont know if I'm going to stick around in CC, but I'm going to at least try to finish this thread before I drop out))

((Trixie ordered in my last post ;) ))

Trixie smiled "Well, that is nothing to sneeze at" she said to the foal "For all Trixie's magic she is... less than adept at brewing potions" she said, not mentioning that the only 'brewing' spell she had mastered was 'ferment'..."If you really want to know, trixie attended a school for magic in her youth" she smiled, not elaborating that she didnt even finish the first semester there... "but most of her skills were learned on the road. Trixie was once part of a well-known circus troup before she struck out on her own"

The mare looked at her other companions "yes, trixie will keep that in mind, this seems to be a very nice place for a relaxing vacation" she stopped short of saying the heat was a bit much for her, in fact she realized that only half of what she had been thinking was actually being spoken, but then she had to keep up appearances, she wasn't some run-of-the-mill unicorn after all, she was the Great and Powerful Trixie! ...if only she could convince herself deep down once more of how deserving she was of that title, though after her two most infamous incidents there had been several scars left that made her wonder about her own power... of course her proverbial mask was still pristine, she conveyed a proud stance and even a suitable ego even if she didnt feel it herself once she left the stage...

After the waitress quickly delivered Trixie's smoothie, Doc Holly Day, Louise LaMare and ThunderClap ordered too! Doc had an iced tea while Louise ordered a cappuccino. The young buffalo ordered a extra large ice cream sundae. As they waited for their orders, more conversation.

"WOW! That is outstanding!" ThunderClap mooed before he lowered his head. "We buffalo have no formal schools to speak of. The local school mare here in town is teaching me and a few other young buffalo during the summertime. We are learning much about the outside world. My classes are probably not as exciting as the ones you took, Miss Trixie."

"If I may ask, Miss Trixie, where's your next stop? The next town you'll be performing in?" Louise asked.

"Judgin' from the big crowd ya got tonight, you'll be a hit perta near anywhere ya go," Doc said with a smile. "Well, maybe not Ponyville, but..."

Hearing Doc Holly Day mention Ponyville in front of Trixie caused Louise to quickly give the unicorn stallion a quick kick in his hind leg and an angry stare. Louise didn't want to bring up any bad memories for their guest. Doc soon realized this and now looked very sorrowful and embarrassed. Before ThunderClap could ask when he meant by that, the waitress returned with their orders and now the young buffalo bull's attention was directed at his large ice cream sundae.

When the Doc spoke, trixie set her drink down, and took a long sigh, closing her eyes, after a few seconds she shope, her voice noticably different "Actually... I want to go back there... one day... you might say I left something very important there.." she smiled a little, no doubt causing both of the adults to speculate on what she meant. The fact she had let her mask slip made it clear that there was a lot of emmotional charge to Ponyville, both bad and good. After a moment though she smiled, her mask was back in place "Trixie is going to Dodge City next, then perhaps up to Baltimare" she explained, though even now she seemed just a little more open and more vulnerable than she had been, while the foal might not pick up on it, the two adults likely would.

Louise LaMare quietly breathed a sigh of relief after Doc Holly Day's 'slip up' apparently went unnoticed by Trixie or ThunderClap, who was busy eating his ice cream sundae.. with a spoon.

"Yur, usin' that spoon very well, pardner," Doc Holly Day said, hoping to change the discussion subject fast.

"Thank you, Doc," the excited buffalo bull said, "this is one of the many things I have learned about from the school mare. Dodge City, you say? I have heard of this place, and it is very much like Appleoosa!"

"That's right, it is!" Louise brightened. "Miss Trixie, are you enjoying your smoothie?"

"Yeah, Miss Trixie, hope you like it!" added the mustached unicorn stallion.

"You must live a very exciting life, Miss Trixie!" ThunderClap mooed after finishing his sundae. "Traveling from place to place, meeting new ponies, making friends.."

Both Doc and Louise nearly did spit-takes at the young buffalo's statement. Though it was an innocent comment by the eager bull, it might be enough to angry their guest.

((O_o unnoticed? his slip was ALL she mentioned... the whole post and her whole talk was on ponyville...))

Trixie did not get angry and looked like she was about to make some empty quip back, but when she looked at the foal's eyes, it completely dissarmed her... what was it about that innocent gaze of a foal that could cut you to the bone even if what they say was not an attack.

Trixie sighed "Actually" she said "Life on the road is very lonely" she said "I've only really made oen friend, and I rarely see him... he's the one covering all my expenses, but he's busy with his own life... it is less a friendship than simply an investor" explained the pale blue mare "You three are the first who've really taken an interest in me outside of my shows..." he mask had not only slipped, but had completely fallen off, leaving trixie exposed and bare, showing the very broken mare she really was deep down...

Almost out of instinct, ThunderClap left his ice cream sundae, rush over to Trixie and gave the blue unicorn mare a warm, gentle hug.

"I'll be your friend," the young buffalo bull said softly, holding her in his friendly embrace.

"And I'll be your friend too, Trixie," added Louise LaMare as the Pegasus mare joined ThunderClap in a group hug.

"Shucks Miss Trixie, you betcha I'll be yur friend," Doc Holly Day said as he walked over and made it a larger group hug.

"Is there anything I can do to help you feel better, Miss Trixie?" ThunderClap asked.

For a moment Trixie was silent and still, the others might even think she'd been offended, but she put her arm around the foal and smiled "thank you, all of you" she said, for once unable to find words to what she was thinking, well most of it, at the offering helping her feel better, her thoughts turned to some hard drinks, but she had long ago learned not to voice those thoughts "Trixie..." she paused "...I... I really appreciate everything you've done" she said, letting her mask stay down for now, still a little lost in what was happening to her - she'd never really had many friends, most didn't get close to her either because she moved around too much or because they saw her on stage and either felt she was too far "above them" to approach, or assumed she already had a lot of friends. As they always say, it's very lonely at the top.

Archived