Free art, but give credit

Okay I was wanting to give away a free picture of a pony, i just asked that when you share it that you say i personally didn't draw it, someone else did, im trying to keep people from stealing my art, why is it shut down just because i want to keep the credit for my drawing?

you should show us a sample. i bet people would like to see what your capable of. also maybe set some rules on what one can request otherwise one day you may get a massive request that you cant fill.

Alright i posted pictures today but I don't know if they showed up, my rules normally is only 3 for every 3 months, and only if im offering, i'm not offering but here is a pair of links, one i was going to give away and three which is in my newest style that i use personally

http://d.facdn.net/art/cyiancefiction/1396411246.cyiancefiction_ponytrio.jpg

http://d.facdn.net/art/cyiancefiction/1396580888.cyiancefiction_charter_teacher.jpg

Looking at your recent thread, I'm not sure there wasn't some manner of confusion surrounding it. With how it was phrased, it was hard to make sense of what you were providing. As it is, a lot of the problem might be in that none of the images or links you have posted have been visible to others. We don't know what the art in question looks like, if it is fully original or even if it exists. Beyond that, it was just hard to really see what the goal of your thread was. Most request threads we see are fairly straightforward; an artist makes a thread offering to draw our users' characters, a user makes a thread requesting for their character to be drawn. Adding in auctions and design credits and other things makes it somewhat hard for us to figure it out.

As I can best understand it, you have created a design and are offering it to one interested requester, but only wish that they acknowledge you as the one responsible for the design. As it is, I'm not sure that making such a thread would be something expressly forbidden, though I am also not entirely sure it would be ideal for our userbase. How characters with their full physical designs could be utilized on our site is a somewhat murky area, however, as our roleplay rules state that original characters should be entirely of the design of the one applying for one. Our RP rules do not allow for character "adoptions" from one roleplayer to another, which is what this sounds the most like to me. Isn't most of the fun in a character design that you've come up with it yourself, anyway?

Regardless, Canterlot.com really appreciates its artists, especially those who are eager to give to our community. If you are wanting to offer art to our users, by all means try again in another thread. Just make sure you explain exactly what you are offering fully and that any images included have been uploaded to sites where they will be visible to our users.

Archived