Question regarding 'General Account Settings'

Rocky

Hi there. For a long while now, I have not been able to edit anything on 'General Account Settings'. I have tried to change my 'interests' section and make it shorter, but I get a message every time saying "Location: The data you entered exceeds the maximum allowed". This goes for everything I try to edit. I can't even add my OC's name to where it allows you to. Basically, all I can do on the page is change my avatar. Nothing else works. Would anyone know what is going on here?

I've done some poking at the settings page, and I think I know what the problem is. It appears that there is a character limit for the profile page as a whole. I tried adding lines to my 'Interests' section, and for some reason it killed the picture I have in my 'About Me' section. Since you have an animated GIF in the background of your profile, the address of that picture might be putting you over the character limit. I'll poke the Dio and see if he can find anything.

I killed the animated gif background and I am able to edit your interests section with mod powers. Give it a shot and see if you can change things.

It still doesn't want to let me. I mean, I tried removing things. Making my interests section smaller, as I said. It's odd how it's telling me there's a problem. But I see that you got into my interests section. I tried editing it myself after, and the same message reappeared.

Can you screenshot the errors? I'm having a hard time reproducing the issue and some more information might help. You can send it to the admin email.

admin (at) canterlot.com

I'm going to try shortening your "location" field to see if that stops the error. I think the error might be pointing to that profile field.

Archived