Peryton questions.

CaptainMcDerp

Well, we haven't finalized lore on them, but I believe we've all agreed that their magic is a lot more subtle and a lot less powerful than a unicorn's. They could do perhaps one thing well. A couple of examples might be generally calming everyone around them or subtly guiding lost ponies toward a trail they need to find. I know this is kind of a vague explanation, but hopefully it helps.

Essentially, they're not as powerful as unicorns, and they can really only do one thing as far as magic is concerned.

As for where they generally reside, our old lore placed them in Whitetail Woods a lot, but there aren't really any predominantly Peryton areas or cities around, so you could justify just about anywhere.

And, I'm not sure if we have it listed anywhere, but it's necessary to know that Peryton can't fly. They can glide down from a high place safely, but they're not capable of flight in the way that pegasi are.

Well, we haven't finalized lore on them, but I believe we've all agreed that their magic is a lot more subtle and a lot less powerful than a unicorn's. They could do perhaps one thing well. A couple of examples might be generally calming everyone around them or subtly guiding lost ponies toward a trail they need to find. I know this is kind of a vague explanation, but hopefully it helps.

Essentially, they're not as powerful as unicorns, and they can really only do one thing as far as magic is concerned.

As for where they generally reside, our old lore placed them in Whitetail Woods a lot, but there aren't really any predominantly Peryton areas or cities around, so you could justify just about anywhere.

And, I'm not sure if we have it listed anywhere, but it's necessary to know that Peryton can't fly. They can glide down from a high place safely, but they're not capable of flight in the way that pegasi are.

Oops. I forgot to follow this topic. :-|

Anywho, gliding only huh? That's good to know :) And as far as magic goes, would they be able to pull off levitation?

Again, we have no finalized lore, so this may change, but I would say not. They may not be able to fly with their wings, but they can generally use then like hands the way pegasi do.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Again, we have no finalized lore, so this may change, but I would say not. They may not be able to fly with their wings, but they can generally use then like hands the way pegasi do.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Looks like I gotta make a few changes to my peryton app. Thanks a bunch for the info! :)

Absolutely! By the way, if you click on your notifications tab and go to Options, there'll be a setting that lets you automatically follow any thread you start, that way you don't forget to do so when you, say, ask a question. ;)

Archived