Dragon Age: Pony Origins (Private)

Cainiam

Cold had slept for an hour, maybe, before he heard a banging noise from the closet. He made a groan and got up from the bed, shaking himself and slowly approaching the closet door. Quickly he opened the door and grabbed the pony inside, throwing them to the floor, except it wasn't a pony but a zebra. "Well, well, well, you know typically people only sit in closets when they're hiding, or guilty of something. Why don't we cut to the part where you tell me what you're hiding from hmm?" Cold had no intentions of harming an innocent individual when he had no idea if they were even guilty of something, but what he said a moment ago held true, this zebra wouldn't be in the closer if he wasn't hiding from something, Cold wanted to know what that something was.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tune nodded quickly as the diamond dog informed him that he wasn’t busy, leading to the pegasus turning around and waving Gossan over with his wings. “Alright friend, it won’t take us longer than a few seconds.” He muttered, before leading the two up towards the path that lead up to the castle. Tune hummed for a moment as he glanced between the makeshift barricades that had been put up by the townsfolk, testing their sturdiness with his hooves and checking the bottoms for any signs of balance problems. He finally pointed out two that stood out amongst the others as being slightly better built then the rest. “Hm… string the rope between these two at…” The pegasus paused to stand next to the spot where the diamond dog would be working. He pointed to where his own legs met his torso. “About that high? Then another at the knees, if you would be so kind.” He chuckled, before letting out a small hum as he watched the sun set. “So… what do you think about all this? I know you’re the strong silent type, but undead… seems like something a little beyond a traveler’s call of duty… am I right?” He offered, trying not to sound too much like he would prefer to just leave the town to its fate, but in reality, it shouldn’t have been his business. Tune needed someone to travel with, and this group was more than capable of such, but at the same time, they exposed themselves to so many unneeded dangers… “Hope the traps work… would hate to get my hooves dirty on some rotten flesh.” He grimaced, already mortified that he’d let his appearance dwindle so much that day.

Aselia stayed outside of the chantry and tried her best to not leave, as she really did want to explore the town and see what she could find. Still, she needed to wait for her companion, and that was that. "Hmm..." Aselia thought to herself as she stared between two points. "Left or right..." She didn't really know which way to go, and she didn't even know what exactly to look for. Maybe it would be best if she stopped and waited till night...

Clover walked down the front steppes of the chantry and and let out a breath she'd been holding, and tried her best to smile as she trotted up beside Aselia. She was definitely feeling better, and hoped that her ministrations would keep her condition from distracting her for at least the next few hours.

" So- " Her voice cracked and she cleared her throat to try again. " So ahh, where to? " Yes, she was feeling much better, slightly drained and a little bit tired, but otherwise sated for now. A brief notion popped up in her head to cast a rejuvinate spell on herself like she'd done in the past so she could keep going, but she quickly shook her head to clear it of the idea, her smile taking on a nervous edge as she awaited her companions decision as to their destination.

Gossan followed Tune as he talked, stealing the occasional glance back towards town. Had he been right to trust those stallions? It had sounded like the best solution, but maybe he should of carried her down. It might have taken a lot longer, and Tune needed him for his paws, but if anything happened to one of the wardens after he had sworn his oath. He almost walked into one of the barricades as his concentration lapsed, but he stopped himself just in time and took a step back. Tune had jumped up on top of the barricade and started to think out loud. The other pegasus handed him one of the ropes, and Gossan set about securing it to the barricade at the appropriate height.

He started on the knots when Tune started to talk. He knew it was bound to happen. His words were logical, Gossan could tell that, but Tune wasn't invested like he was. "Need to stop Blight. Wardens best shot," Gossan replied tersely as he grabbed the second rope from the pegasus and set about securing it at knee height. He then headed over to the other barricade Tune had pointed out, dragging the rope with him. Once he got there he started to secure the other ends at the same heights, making sure the rope was as taut as possible. Traps were cowardly, but effective. They weren't to Gossan's style, but he was helping Tune with his plan to thin the ranks regardless. Since they had now committed to defending these ponies, they needed all the advantages they could get. Tune was fooling himself if he thought this'd keep them from the walls though. He finished securing the second rope and stood back up, turning to Tune. "Hooves will get dirty,"

Broken slept soundly, her sides rising and lowering with each breath. Her body seemed so peacefull that was until it glew faintly and began to emminate Mana very faintly. Her body illuminating the floor beneath her gently as she slept. She didnt seem to notice it as she slept still quite soundly.

Then the mana planed off and faded, It was a odd occurance but it seemed to be over. Broken stirred a bit and opened her eyes faintly. Her eyes opened to glow a blue before they faded back to Fire opal. She blinked a couple times before she finnaly realized where she was. Her head rose, her eyes falling on Grym and the Thestral, Her stomach felt like a stone and her eyes dialated when she spotted her. She scrambled back once more and looked fearfully at the other mare. "G...grym! Thats the one who tried to kill us!! Why is she here!?" she squeaked blinking a couple times.

She reached for her Staff only to stop when she realized that Grym seemed to have it under control. She double checked as she put her staff back in its compact state. She moved her hooves to stand, she made her way over slowly and lay down near Grym, her hooves tucked unerneath herself. "I...is she friendly?" she asked just a squeak before her eyes fell on the food. Her stomach growled softly. "C...can i have....Can i have some?" She asked alloud.

Grym huffed at Midnight. "I am a fugitive twice over, I'd be a fool to trust easily. It doesn't matter anyway. I gave you fair warning and like you said, what I like doesn't matter. I can't stop you from following me," she said, sounding bored. Words meant nothing to Grym. Midnight's powerful oath was no more than hot air; the blabbering of a mare to use her to get to Loghain. She wondered what type of idiocy, what sort of righteous foolishness drove this pony to want to follow her. What made her take killing wrong doers so serious?

Instead of vocalizing her thoughts, Grym squashed them, it was her common method of dealing with such things. Giving Midnight her best, "whatever" face she trotted towards of the cabin door in search of Sky. The mage was in bad shape last she checked. Room and board would do Broken well and she had secured both. However, before she could even exit the home, two pegasi stallions came through the door, putting Grym on edge, but the moment she saw them carrying her fellow warden she released the tension in her shoulders.

Grym watched the gentle raise and fall of Sky's chest for a long moment before returning to her original position of on the rug. It didn't take long for her partner to stir. Somehow she knew that Broken would react the way she did, but the mare had calmed herself before she even needed to step in. "Yes, she's 'friendly'; offered to help us with our Loghain problem."

When Sky came to rest next to her, Grym made note of how the atmosphere felt. It was almost like friends enjoying a sleep over. And with that revelation came the sudden thought that Sky had never seen her unarmored and unarmed. She could barely keep the chuckle from spill out when Broken's stomach started to growl. "I don't see why not. After all, I gathered this food for you."

NPC Post: Zelek

"Zelek no sleep! Zelek no sleep!" Zelek repeated quietly as he bashed his skull against the door. Then the door suddenly wasn't there any more. He almost tumbled out, but seemed set to regain his balance until a pair of hooves seized him roughly and he landed on the floor. Zelek looked up at the stallion with wide fearful eyes as the pony started to talk. When the pony looked away for a second to look in the wardrobe, then looked back the zebra had stretched out all of his limbs, wrenched his eyes shut and stuck out his tongue to the side of his mouth. He waited for several seconds, before an eyelid slowly cracked open and he saw the pony still watching him, no looking very pleased. Zelek then threw up his forelegs and held them defensively in front of his face."Please... Zelek know nothing. Zelek do nothing. Zelek only hiding in wardrobe because... Zelek... is in the closet. Yes. Zelek likes stallions, but won't admit it to Zelek!" Zelek shouted. "It have nothing to do with Blueblood or the Arl of Redcliffe!" he added as the stallion continued to glare.

Midnight watched, uninterested, as the other Warden reacted to her presence. She knew this would happen, all of the Wardens companions would probably hate her, and give her the cold shoulder. Not that she cared. She’d spent years on her own, being a social exile wouldn’t be a first, nor would it scare her off. She was in this for Loghain's death, nothing else. After he lay dead, she would leave, probably leave Equestria given the state of it. After all, nothing was keeping her here afterwards, no loyalty.

“Friendly, yeah, i’m with you, until we kill Loghain. Then i’m headed my own way, leaving you to deal with this messed up world called ‘Equestria’. I’m not a fool, you, nor any of your friends will like me after the attempt on your life in Ponyville. I’m not expecting a warm welcome, an offer for food and a place to chat. I’m half expecting one of them to kill me in my sleep, but like i said Warden. Hate me, threaten me, do whatever you wish, but never doubt my loyalty while your mission and my own share the same goal”

Midnight opened the bottle of ‘wine’ she had, and took a drink. She placed it back after a while, she had plenty of supplies of ‘wine’ in town, so she didn’t head to fear she’d run out.

Midnight headed for the door, both unicorns probably wanted time to talk, and she was done there. She was set-up for Loghains death, now it was a matter of getting to him. Exiting the building, she looked around her town. Overall, things were looking pretty good. The militia was getting armed, drinks handed out, moral was up. They might take it through the night, it was looking better indeed. She started walking through town, only pausing when she spotted the pony that had done her speech against her at Ponyville.

She flared her wings, hopping up onto the building roof nearby, getting behind Clover, and hoping down quickly. She made no noise,and unless they were looking at the roofs, Midnight doubted the knew she was there.

“I gotta admit” she said behind them “I’m surprised you managed to hit me when i fled Ponyville, it was a hard shot to hit….” She blew some of her mane out of her eyes, and was prepared for them to attack her, because they probably didn’t know she was ‘with’ them.

“Don’t shoot me. I’m on your side, i spoke to your ‘charming’ warden, she’s a firecracker that one. Even let me tag along as long as i keep myself out of trouble. But going back to my point, where did you learn to fire a bow like that? Not sure i’ve seen anything like it in my life, and trust me, i’ve had plently of bows fired at me"

Midnight then looked at the other pony, she recalled seeing her transform into a bear! "And you turing into a bear, that's impressive. I'm guessing you learnt that at the Circle?"

Cold gave the zebra a puzzles look, clearly this stallion had a few issues, but he was smart enough to try to hide from him, which meant he was smart enough to answer his questions. He hardened his glare at the young male zebra, "I'm not buying that Zelek, and neither would anypony else, also you just told me part if what you're doing here! What does Blueblood want from the Arl of Redcliffe? Keep in mind before you answer that you've woken me up and I'm very tired, and very angry." The poor lad was scared, and probably didn't even know how to spell his own name, but if Blueblood wanted something from Redcliffe it couldn't have been good.

Tune listened to the diamond dog speak as he watched the rope being tied between the two barricades he had pointed out, testing their stability by pressing his hoof into them, then his leg like one would when they were walking, his expression lighting up slightly as he felt no give from his weight alone. He pondered what the dog was saying, but he still couldn’t understand the fact why so many ponies… and Gossan himself, were suddenly drawn to these wardens. Sure, he knew the stories, any bard worth his salt could play and sing a tale of the Grey Wardens and their courage… but they were the heroes. It was a Grey Warden’s job to stop the blight, not a ragtag bunch of ponies who couldn’t do anything about it on their own… Why were the wardens here and not off slaying the arch-demon… seems like they weren’t living up to their namesake. But the pegasus just smiled at Gossan as he finished tying up the ropes and gave the diamond dog a hearty chuckle. “I suppose so, I mean, we’re all following them for one reason or another, right?” He said, giving the higher rope a quick test before motioning back down to the village. “Really? You think so? I mean I would much prefer to keep them looking nice…” He mused, looking over the formally manicured hooves, now chipped slightly and splattered with tar. He sighed, before using said hoof to push his mane out of his eye. “Neh… suppose it can’t be helped, come on, it’s almost dark, and I think we should probably find the demon mare… or some food… or both.” He said, before trotting back down to the village area.

"Hmm..." Aselia pondered as she looked around the area. "Um...I don't know...I think we should probably tell someone about those barrels of oil that I found, but other than that, I don't think there's anything else I can look for. Where do you think we should go, Clover?" She turned to her companion. "I'm up for almost anything that will help these people right now. Unless it includes storming the castle and going someplace that leads to our deaths. Dying isn't in my day plan right now."

Then she heard the other voice ask about her shape shifter abilities. "The Circle? Yeah, sure, if that's what you want to call it. I learned that at the circle..." She didn't trust this mare yet...

Clover was about to respond when she heard a voice speak up from behind her. Her eyes widened in surprise and she took a step back at the sight of the assassin from just outside ponyville.

When the mare brought up her bow, she glanced over her shoudler at the weapon strapped to her back, then back to the mare. When she'd finished talking, Clover spoke up. " I found my weapon in the mages tower, and that was where I learned to shoot it. I have never seen another weapon like it, but I read that ancient tevinter war mages could imbue any weapon with lyrium and make it into a staff for the weilder, as well as a weapon in its own right. You're the pony that tried to kill us from before. Who are you? "

Gossan didn't give much thought to Tune's silence. They had to get this done quickly, and talk would only distract them. As the two of them finally finished up he chuckled, making a comment about the wardens that Gossan didn't see any humour in. The pegasus continued to chat for a moment, before suggesting they head back to the town. Gossan nodded his head in agreement. "Good idea," he said shortly.

He wasn't exactly the best of company as the two of them walked back to town. He made no attempt to say anything, and even if Tune spoke to him he'd just stonewall him. Gossan had a nagging feeling in the back of his head as he walked straight up to a random pony. "Where is Warden?" he growled and the pony pointed to a house. Gossan headed to the house and opened the door, walking in on Broken and Grym sharing food. He stared at Broken for a moment, before ascertaining she was fine. He then walked back out of the house without a word and looked to Tune. "Let's eat," he said with a smile before heading to the nearest pony and growling more directions out of him until he found the place.

Broken gave a small smile to Grym. "You gathered this here for me? Really?" She asked softly. She blinked and looked back at the food with her right ear flopping a bit. She licks her lips and feels her stomach growl again. She leans down and grabs a bread roll and a apple. She scootches back noticing that the Assassin had left. She gave a nother blink as she looked to the door. Gossan had entered and saw her, she waved and went to invite him to stay. She dropped the food below herself and smiled. "Hey Gossan! Do you want to....." She said but he turned away and left. "S...stay for.....Dinner...." she whimpered and sighed. Her ears planted against her skull.

With this she turned back to her food and yawned a bit. She needed to get out of this Robe leather armor. She reached back with her teeth and Unclasped the clamp that held her Bag to her side. It slid off and hit the floor with her staff ontop. She then sat on her haunches and pulled her hood up over her head. Undoing the leather Shoulder pads and other leather portection parts over her robe, She Slipped back down and tried to pull the robe off over her head. The top part coming off with alot of Struggle. She squeaked and retreated back like a cat with a Paper bag on its head. She gave a few more quick cute squeaks as she struggled before using her magic and ultimately pulling it off. She tossed it to the side and sneezed.

Then she lay on her back and arched it so she could unclasp the bindings that held the armor piece below together. Her tounge stuck out as she wriggled her haunches to get them off. After a minute ort wo and some squeaks of determination she got them off and shook her right leg in the air to get them to let go. They flew off and hit the floor and now she was completely exposed and relieved that she felt the cool air on her coat.

She sat up and blushed heavily at Grym, Giggling a bit as she saw the whole specticale and that she might have seen a little more than she intended.

She sat fully on her haunches and flicked her tail before Laying back down and sighing contentedly. Taking the apple in her jaws she began to eat it slowly, After she swallowed she gave a cute little squeak and smiled at Grym. "Thank you so much Grym! First you carry me when i passed out for which im sorry for still...and now you gave me food! This is honestly very nice of you...thank you grym..." she said as the last part trailed off into a little whisper, She might have overdone the thank you and might have annoyed her. She cleared her throat and continued to eat quietly, giving a yawn here ore there as she continued to nibble on the substenance.

A few mintues passed and she finnished, feeling better now. She gave another sneeze and wiped her nose softly. "I suppose i should get some rest....Before we fight whatever is in the castle as it storms the village...." she muttered and rubbed her sleepy eyes. "Thanks again grym...i cant say it enough...." She whispered.

(Soooo tired....bed time for me....)

Grym sat there and calmly watched Midnight take her leave. They didn't really have anything else to say to each other. Besides it wasn't like Grym was much of a conversationalist anyway. Once the batwinged mare was gone, a sudden grumble from Sky's stomach caught her attention, prompting her to focus on her fellow warden. A simple nod from her confirmed that yes, she had in fact gathered that food for the other unicorn. As she sat there with her legs folded underneath her body, Grym couldn't help but feel like something was off. Watching the mare in front of her eat provided her with some indistinct emotion. It both fascinated and frightened her. Just as soon as Broken grabbed what she wanted to eat, Gossan stepped into the building for just long enough to give the mage a once over before leaving. Grym could tell that his sudden departure hurt Broken and for a moment, she wondered how close they had gotten while she was busy. But she quickly decided that it was none of her business anyway; still she would not have minded Gossan's company. He didn't seem the sort to prattle on or judge her for her decisions. Slowly her gaze wondered by to the tired mare. You can talk to me, Broken, and I would listen. Listen, but not speak.

After Broken's disappointment at Gossan leaving, the mage decided that ditching her armor so that she could relax would be for the best. Grym watched her, amused by the mare's struggle with her raiment. It reached a point where Grym couldn't help but smile at her, she was even prepared to help her out of her armor, just to end the silliness. Though that eventually ended up being unnecessary. After much struggle and several 'compromising' positions, Sky was finally free of her outfit and bare as the day she was born. During all of the wiggling, she had seen a lot of Broken Sky. The other warden sat up, blushing at her, and she just stared back with her usual neutral expression, but with red tinted cheeks. The less anypony says about this, the better, she thought.

Grym simply hoof waved the thanks the she was being showered with. Was it really that big of a deal? Broken was... She wasn't sure what Broken was to her other than a fellow warden. Was she a friend? Grym sighed. That concept died to her a long time ago with the final breath of another pony. Broken finally finished eating, Grym could tell that the food and today's events had finally fully caught up with the mare. She levitated the empty tray off of the carpet, giving them more space to stretch out. "You don't need to that me. Now rest calm, Broken." And worry about nothing; I won't fail to watch over you. Grym laid her head down on the soft carpet and rolled over on her side. Slowly her eyes closed, but she she wouldn't actually rest until she was sure that Broken was asleep.

Midnight listened to both the mares reply, she shape-shiftier really sucked at lying. While true that Midnight had no knowledge about the circle and its ways, even she could tell from that answer that the mare in front of her had most likely never stepped foot in the Circle. While a slightly alarming prospect given the stories she'd heard of Apostates, it wasn't something she was uncomfortable with dealing in.

"Wow, for a mage in hiding among regular ponies, you sure can't answer a simple question like where you learn your power without making it sound like you killed the last 10 ponies who asked you that question. Remind me to just flow with the fact you can transform into a giant bear and try maul me to death..."

Midnight laughed at her own darkish humor, before turing her attention to the archer. She knew how to shoot, even as a unicorn, her aim wasn't luck. It was well trained, you didn't hit a small moving target at that distance by dumbluck.

"A Tevinter, Lyruim power bow? I've seen some strange stuff in my time, but that has got to take a large part of the cake. I've heard rumours of such weapons, but to actually find one is just down-right impressive. Your aim is also scary. I've been shot at so many times i've lost count, but that shot you hit me with was a hel-la good one" Midnight shifted her weigh, showing the bandage, with the blood on it.

"Don't mind the blood, your Warden has an interesting way of making friends and allies, then again, after i tried to kill you all, i wouldn't be too happy to see my either" Midnight cast an eye back to the house where the Wardens were in. Something she said was still playing in her mind.

My wounds are not grievous enough to warrant spilling your blood.

That had caught her attention, only a few races had blood to heal wounds, or at least that's how the Warden has sounded like it would. She knew the technique all to well, she used it herself to a partial degree, but only if it was absolutely neccesery. The warden saw it as a way to fight, for Midnight, it was her curse

"As for who i am, hehehe, well, its nothing too complicated. I'm your regular pony. Names Midnight, Imma shadow, which if you're not sure, we're self-trained professional assassins who you'll typically never see coming till my blades in your back" For her own introduction, Midnight bowed her head to the other ponies, mostly theater, but also out of a sort of respect.

"I'm tagging along with you're crew of ponies, at least till Loghain's blood spills onto the ground. Then, well, not sure. What about you? You made a really nice speech before, at Ponyville..I'm sorry about what happened there, with my trying to kill you all. I thought you guys really were traitors, so i did what i thought was right...Anyway, so if we could leave the whole 'me trying to kill you' part behind, whats your name?"

Midnight had to admit, this was probably one of the most awkward introduction she'd had in a while, then again, she didn't commonly join small teams. Still, she looked at Clover. Given the speech before, the pony had a strong spirit, and the shapeshifter, she was slightly more cautious off. Being able to turn into a bear and maul her to death typically kept a pony on their hooves.

Zelek hadn't realised what he'd said until Cold pointed it out. "No! No! Stupid Zelek! Stupid Zelek reveal secrets!" Zelek headbutted the ground repeatedly for a few seconds before he suddenly stopped sniffing. "You let Zelek go if he tell, yes? You tell every stupid pony that Zelek is good zebra, and that they should leave Zelek alone, yes?" Zelek repeated as he grabbed the pony's coat with his hooves and stared up with tear streaked eyes. "Please don't be angry, pony, please don't be angry... Zelek just want money. Zelek just want good life. Zelek... no... zzzz." The zebras hold lolled forwards and he fell asleep, head resting against Cold's chest.

Cold sat there a moment, this boy clearly wasn't all there, but he wasn't a moron. The young zebra began to tear up as he spoke, and then...fell asleep. "Hey! Wake up! Listen boy, I'll make you a deal, I'll let you go free and then even pay you if you tell me why you were sent here by Blueblood, and anything else you might have heard him planning." It was a fair deal really, great deal better than any deal he would've gotten from any other pony.

Tune had stood outside while the diamond dog walked into the house to check in on the wardens. In reality, he knew there probably wasn’t much trust there, and conversations between him and another person besides Gossan would probably not end well for him. So he’d bide his time, get them to trust him, more or less, then perhaps he’d be able to talk to them without having to worry about being shunned for his own reasonableness. He nodded to his companion as he re-emerged, and the two made their way over to where the food was being distributed. The stallion picked up a small bowl containing some sort of vegetable stew, and a few slices of bread, sitting at a makeshift table made from pieces of a barricade, waiting for Gossan to do the same.

The stallion alternated between bites of his dinner, and small adjustments to his coat, picking out tar and other dirt from it. “So… What do you think about it all?” The pegasus asked quietly, directing his speech at the diamond dog. “So, you an- er… we fight the undead, and then what? Don’t they come around every night?” The stallion made a small face. “Won’t they be back tomorrow night? Why don’t we just evacuate the town or something?” He muttered, the idea of fighting a hoard of enemies that he had no way of talking circles around didn’t appeal to the young bard in the slightest. He just wanted to go home, and his stupid employer didn’t even have the decency to send someone to pick him up… He’d just have to stick with this group, and participate in their endeavors until he could make his way back…

NPC Post: Aselia

Aselia shared a glance with Clover as the batponysimply laughed at her response. She was right. On reflection maybe she shouldn't have gone for such an obvious lie. Her hoof reached for her staff while Clover explained the origins of the bow. She had wondered about that herself, she could sense power in that bow, the kind of old magic that most mages outside Tevinter struggled with. Only powerful blood magic could have fashioned such a weapon. Then Clover demanded an answer, and Aselia joined her voice in. "Exactly so. Who are you and why are you here?" she demanded.

The batpony spoke around the topic, playfully admiring Clover's weapon, even complimenting her, then moving to mention the Warden. She smiled at that. Grymrose wouldn't have let this pony walk over her. When she finally introduced herself, she did so casually, as if there were no bad blood between them, even going so far as to joke. Aselia glared at the batpony as she spoke. She had no manners whatsoever. Finally she got to the apologies, but Aselia had lost all respect of this Midnight character by now. The urge to tackle this batpony and tear her apart with bear claws came to the self styled lady, but she resisted. She would humour the pony for now, but if she tried anything.

"You've done nothing to deserve my forgiveness, or even my name for that matter, but I will humour you on the latter point. I am Aselia. Still, I am not going to just shake hooves and play nice after your little ambush, as I'm sure you can understand. If you try anything, then I will be sure to introduce you intimately to my bear form," she said sharply. "And that is a promise!" With that said she walked past Midnight, being sure to elbow Midnight sharply in the bandages as she did so. "Come along, Clover!" she called back after herself. They had yet to talk to this Mayor.

Zelek snored loudly until the pony suddenly started shouting at him. He jolted awake with fright falling onto his back, belly up in the air and legs splayed out. He blinked twice as Cold made his offer, searching the ponies face for any sign of deceit, but finding none. "You would do that for Zelek?" he asked softy, his lip quivering as tears formed in his eyes. "Zelek thank you, pony! Zelek will tell you everything. Everything he knows about Blueblood!" Zelek said excitedly as he steadily climbed back to his hooves. "Blueblood hire blood mage! He hire blood mage to poison Arl! Arl hire blood mage, thinking him teacher for foal, but he secretly poisoner!" Zelek shouted, clearly happy and excited to get it all off of his chest. "Zelek thank you a lot, pony!" He was squirming happily before leaping forward and wrapping his hooves around Cold's neck, shoving his muzzle against Cold's in an excited kiss.

Cold was enthralled by this information, Blueblood hired a blood mage to kill the arl, that explained why there was no word from the castle, and the blood mage must have been the cause if the undead. Even more disturbing was the fact that the arl's child was being tutored by an apostate, had the arl known his foal was being taught by an apostate, or was he deceived? Cold had little time left to think as the odd zebra kissed him, he quickly pushed him away and spat, "Ack! What is wrong with you?! Just...just go boy!" He stomped the floor in annoyance and rage, still tired and now slightly disturbed by the zebras actions.

Gossan led the way to where food was being served for the militia, joining the back of the line with Lucky. The militiapony next to him took one look at the dog before suddenly becoming very interested in something in the opposite direction. The dog rolled his eyes and looked back to Tune who seemed to be deep in thought. The two of them quikly reached the front of the line, the stallion serving the stew from the pot looked at the two of them a question forming on his muzzle. Gossan glared at him and the stallion dropped it before he could start it. He silently scooped the stew into the two bowls, tore off some bread, and handed them their food. Gossan followed Tune to a nearby table and sat opposite him.

He stared at the vegetable filled stew for a moment, as if willing it to transform into something tastier, before turning to Tune. "We take the castle," he said flatly. The dog then lifted the bread to his mouth and ate the whole piece in a single bite. He chewed for a second then swallowed, before noticing Tune still looking at him as if asking for more. Gossan sighed. "They tried to flee. They were cut down. They try to fight. They will die. We take the castle. Stop this," Gossan explained. He then looked back to his stew, lifted the bowl with his paws and gulped down the whole thing with a grimace. He noticed Tune was worried, the pony was weak at fighting, but he had other strengths. Gossan stood up and reached across the table and put a paw on his shoulder. "Tonight will be bloody. Noone think less if you want to stay in Chantry," he said.

Broken scootched a little closer to Grym as she lay on the floor. She gave a small concerned sniff of her and retracted her head. She was one to always be concerned that everypony was in tip top comfort and health. She saw some blood but wasnt sure it was hers, perhaps it wasnt hers and from another foe....but she was concerned nonetheless.

Her horn glew faintly and green wisps swirled around the mare, (Cast: Heal) Her magics going to work on healing any wounds that were possably hidden from view. Grym didnt stir it seemed as she worked on her gently, Her magic reserve drained a bit from the spell but not to badly.

Grym was tough on her but the past day had shown her that she had some softer center, although it may have been covered in thorns she knew it wasnt meant for total Recedence and anger. She had lost somepony just like Broken had. She missed Hathis...she missed his smiling face, his warm gaze and his kind words. One of the grey warden leaders, cut down and gutted like a fish. She gave a small audiable whimper at this. "Hathis...." she whimpered softly to herself closing her eyes and wiping away her tears.

Shuffling her hooves she kept the healing spell on Grym for a small while longer till she knew she was fine, She gave a small sneeze after and rubbed her nose. She figured it was allergies. With a sigh she dismissed the sad thoughts of Her mentor and scooched close to grym till their coats were touching, she found comfort in this, She was one of the only grey wardens left with her, one of the only ones who went through the same stuff she did back at the battle. She curled up and lay with her back against Grym's, closing her eyes and exhaling quietly. What was coming tonight was going to be Hel,l.

"Sleep well Grym." She said softly before pulling her hooves to her body and falling into rest.

Archived