Can't create Album

Zeig

I've tried searching the forums to see if anyone else has had this trouble and found a fix, but no luck, so I'm turning to the help forums.

I'm having trouble creating an album to upload pictures. When I click on the "Upload" button, I get to the first step, telling me to create an album. However, once I put in a name for the album and a description and click "Save", a pop up shows up telling me I'm not allowed to create more albums.

Screenshot2014-04-30205601.png

To my knowledge, I haven't created any albums at all, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Well, I had a very similar problem, with that exact same message in the exact same way. Unfortunately, I don't think there's really anything you can do. It's an internal issue. It would probably be a good idea to check it at least once a day to see if the problem's been resolved. To be fair, I'm not really a helper or anything, just a poor, unfortunate soul that was in the same position you were, but do not fret! If they fixed it for me, I'm sure they can fix it for you! :)

Thank you both for your posts. I just checked again today and still same problem. Ah well, I'll keep checking every day to see if the issue's been resolved - or, if anyone else can offer any insight into the problem, that'd be most appreciated.

I guess I should also note that the gallery main page appears to change when I'm logged in. When I'm not logged in, it looks like this:

Screenshot

But after I log in, it looks like this:

Screenshot2

Particularly the right-hand side with the categories and comments. When I'm logged in, I don't see the recent comments and categories, the ones that show up are back from 2013. I don't know if that might help clarify what's going on with my issue or not, but I thought it was interesting enough to point out.

Thank you very much, I appreciate you taking a look. I've got a couple pictures that have been sitting around for a few days, heh.

Try changing your browser if you can. For some reason this website's UI only works well with some browsers.

IE does not work on this site very well.

Looks like safari is on that list now.

Mozilla Firefox works fine half the time.

Google Chrome works near perfectly.

Firefox gave me an entirely different problem, the categories box was blank. But it wouldn't let me choose any category, they were all greyed out, so it kept telling me the category option I picked wasn't viable.

Just tried Chrome, and I got the same, "not allowed to create more albums" message. I'm going to try logging onto a different computer if I get the chance, maybe it's an IP issue or something.

Using a different computer didn't work - but I just noticed that we're both RP apprentices. Maybe there's a problem with different group's permissions? Not sure about this site, but I know some others give different options for different groups. I think you need three posts to post in the gallery, but maybe those permissions have gotten messed up somehow.

I tried clearing out my cache, but still no luck with an album. I think Smartbrony is right, this doesn't seem like something that can be fixed on my end.

Yeah, that's why I said that you are right, it doesn't seem like an issue that I can fix myself, since I think I've tried everything. Ah well, I'll just have to wait until Rosewind is able to / has time to fix this problem. It seemed like she was able to fix it within a day for you, so I don't think it's a major internal issue, hopefully.

*Spazzout!* :D

Works for me now, got an album up and running. Also put in a few pictures for approval to test and see if the uploading process works all the way through, and it looks like it does. Thanks so much Rosewind! I guess I had to be changed to the 'RP Certified' group for it to work.

Archived