Guide to Posting an Introduction

GhostGirl

Welcome to Canterlot! We’re so happy to have you here. Actually, we’re probably even worse than Pinkie Pie at containing our excitement about the fact that you’re here! And if you’re looking at this thread, you probably want to introduce yourself, but don’t really know how to go about doing so. That’s okay! Everyone’s a little nervous when they first meet new people. I’m a little nervous typing this! But I’m typing this to help you get a good idea of how to introduce yourself to all these wonderful new people you’ll meet here on Canterlot.com.

Before I begin, though, there’s probably one thing I should make sure you know. You need three posts in order to unlock a lot of the things you can do on this site. Without those three posts, you can’t edit your posts or add pictures to the gallery. Not being able to edit your posts can make applying for a character really, really difficult. We suggest that you post your introduction and say hello to a few other new members in order to get your three required posts quickly and easily.

Now, there are a few hard and fast rules to posting an introduction.

• Please don’t share any personal information. This includes your full legal name, your age, where you live, and anything else that somebody could use to find you.
  • Please don’t roleplay in your introduction post. While we’re really excited to meet your characters, right now we’re more excited to meet you! Tell us about yourself, so we can get to know you better.
  • Don’t advertise anything. Whether it’s a project or another website, we don’t want you to join our site just to advertise things.
  • Accidents happen. If you accidentally double post or you messed something up in your introduction and can’t edit it yet, use the REPORT button (it should be on the lower right corner of your post) to let staff know, and we’ll take care of it as soon as we can!

And now we get to the really important part… your introduction!

• About Myself This is easily the most important part of your introduction. Tell us what you do, what you like, and who are! We’ve got all sorts here, so you’re bound to find someone with common interests on Canterlot!
  • How I found Canterlot.com We on staff are always really interested to find out how everyone found Canterlot. Let us know how you stumbled across our site!
  • How I became a fan of MLP:FiM It can be really interesting to read how different people fell in love with My Little Pony! Tell us your story! We have all the time in the world.
  • My favorite main cast/pony This is pretty self-explanatory. Which pony is your favorite? I know, the list of options is a little slim, but we’re working on changing this question to make the answers a little less restricted.
  • And here’s the fun part. The rest of your post can be whatever you want it to be! It can be more about yourself, or maybe some questions for us! Whatever you want to tell us that could help start a conversation is great.

So now that you have an idea of how to introduce yourself, go ahead! We’d love to get to know you! And if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask myself or another staff member. We’re here to help, after all. :)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2