Cant change password...

Ashton

Been having issues logging in, so I reset my password. the site sent me a random mix of letters/numbers as my new password, which I used to log in, then I went to my profile to change it to something I can actually remember...

...but when I got there the only option was to change my email or to "set a local password" which it says is only for logging in on mobile devices...

Help Please? :!:

You should be able to change your password by going into "My Settings" or "Profile Settings" and then clicking on the tab at the left that is labeled "Email and Password". The password change option is at the bottom of that page.

Page should look like this:

password_zps302b23da.jpg

If your page doesn't appear like that, clear your internet cache or try a different web browser

Just adding that I've logged in on a different computer with a different OS and different Browser... and still same thing...

Did you create your account using twitter or did you register directly on the site?

It's been years, I dont remember for sure, but I know I used to log in using twitter, so I'm going to guess I used it (especially since my actual username I log in with is my twitter handle) But every time I try to use it, I get an error, so...

From what I'm reading, setting a local password will allow you to log into the boards using that password, regardless of whether you're on mobile or not. Give it a shot.

Topic got buried... only now read the latest response >.<

I set a local password, and it seems to be working, also now that I have done that I'm getting the normal "change password" screen... no idea what's going on, but it seems to be working so I'm not looking a gift pony in the mouth ;) thanks for the help!

Archived