(Canterlot) Out of Her Element (Open)

Lux

On 18.04.2016 at 3:08 PM, Lux said:

"Thank you for showing a fun day. I don't think I'd ever expect doing this unless you showed up. You're right, before this I wasn't much of a fan of vigilantes, but now I can see that we need all the help we can get to protect this city and others."

"There is a saying from lands across the eastern ocean Night - ' Issun saki wa yami' - it basically means 'Expect the unexpected'. I learned long ago that it's better to live according to those words then not. Even if it's hard sometimes." Squall said. For a moment he sounded...jaded. But the impression of weariness disappeared as quickly as it came.

On 18.04.2016 at 3:08 PM, Lux said:

"No need to apologize. You want justice, and some may not get that. But in the end, yeah, we did our jobs and we did our best, and I for one had a good, if not interesting night." 

"May not get that huh? Oh they can Night, they can. But they just afraid." unicorn answered. "You see for me justice is among those of those things we keep clinging too. Things like decency and integrity and...and morality. All of them brushed aside, deemed the unfashionable because deep down they scare us... and they scare us because we try to live our lives by them but we can't." Swift explained while looking up to the sky. For a minute or two both ponies just sat in silence.

"I don't believe I live up to those standards either....Still i think I am starting to get better. It's all thanks to her I guess." noblepony smiled at the memory. "When I first met her, when I moved to the Fillydelphia I was sour like basket of lemons. Just being around my sweetheart and my friends seems to smack the cynicism out of me."

Squall paused once more before he turned towards pegasus mare.

"Night,remember justice and law isn't the same. The later was erected to bring the former. But those who make laws - ponies or not - are not perfect, and as such neither is the law. D'Fletcher here? He got busted now, but before that he worked around the law. Bended it. Founded loopholes. And even now there is a chance he will weasel his way from getting behind the bars. The only sure thing is - he won't throw any more parties, anytime soon. His reputation is in shreds no matter what."

With that words swordstallion threw the blanket covering his back to the side, and he stood up.

"...And despite all of this, Night I ask you - don't get as jaded as I once did, it's not easy to crawl out of that hole. That and.... your devotion to justice is admirable. Never tarnish it."

Swift picked up to few things he was carrying and put them into bag - one that he was generously provided with by members of city service on the site.

"That said, it's time to part ways Night. Take this." unicorn said before pulling out...a visiting card?

"If you ever find yourself in Filly, feel free to visit Squallcoast Manor. I can't promise I will be around when you drop by, but Oak Branch will welcome you with open hooves. And it always beats sleeping in the barracks or renting a room I guess." Squall 'invited' the guardsmare while patting her on the shoulder.

" Well I be off then. Take care of yourself Night, and take care of this place. Or any other you find yourself in. Make sure to visit some, it would a waste not to."

Giving Night a slight smile, Swift turned around to leave. But after passing the red tape and making a few steps he stopped, remembering something.

"I almost forgot. Don't worry about the dress. It's already paid for."

And with those final words Squall disappeared into the crowd.

[Exit]

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived