(Baltimare) Pet a Live Griffon Head! (Open)

Lux

Previously on the Adventures of Riptide and Aquaria...

"I'm sorry for tricking you. You do look cute though as a floofy head," she giggled, kissing him in a cute manner. Her tail wiggled excitedly as she looked out to the crowd of ponies. "Anyone wanna pet or feed the griffon, " she suggested to the crowd gesturing for a young foal to come on over and greet him.

The young pony scurried over, the cute earth pony foal ooing and awwing over the special griffon as she tried to poke his exposed head.

(From Catch a Wave)

Riptide grumbled knowing that there was no way out of this situation. Here he was buried up to his neck in sand by his special somegriffon, at the mercy of whatever she had planned for him. He couldn't be mad though at the cute and funny griffon, especially after she gave him a kiss on the head.

His anxiety though went from zero to 100% as Aquaria revealed her new scheme. She wanted him to be petted like some cute fluffy pet he saw some ponies with on the beach.

"Wait, pet? Oh no way. Come on Aquaria, this is going to be totally gnarly for my reputation. Besides that I don't think anypony would want to pet..."

Just as he was about to finish, a fearless filly wandered over and began to poke him like he was a stuffed animal!

"Ow! Hey kid, easy on my head! Oh just you wait when I get out of here Aquaria..."

Welcome to my new thread where you have the chance to pet a live surfer griffon's head and maybe feed it! Don't worry Riptide isn't going anywhere.

Aquaria giggled as she watched the brave filly poke her feathered friend. "Hey, be careful, he is a real griffon. Treat him like a big ol' kitty or bird and pet him nice," she patiently remarked as the young pony carefully stroked his head. "If you pet him just right, he purrs too," she suggested in a motherly manner as she turned her talons upside down and gently scritched his chin in a way she expected him to like. The young pony giggled and was eventually called away by her parents, leaving the two griffons alone on the beach, for only moment as another stranger was likely to approach at any moment for the seemingly absurd spectacle.

There was no malice out of the griffoness who had buried her friend, she just wanted to introduce the world to her new friend in the best way she could think of. "Everyone wants to pet the head of people buried in the beach, right Rippy? Just don't bite anyone," she cheered, the young adult wiggling her hips excitedly as she hugged his head and waited for another person to meet and greet them.

For a moment Riptide thought that he would be left to the mercy of the filly poking him, but the griffoness managed to at least save him the dignity of being treated with respect. But then just as he thought the torment was over she said:

"If you pet him just right, he purrs too,"

"Whoa, now i may be part cat but there's no way that I'm going to..."

Before he could finish Aquaria rubbed her talon right under the brightly colored griffon's chin making him purr like a content kitten while his entire body under the sand went from tense to relaxed like a limp wet noodle. He didn't ever reply to Aquaria's comment about ponies wanting to pet him, just smiling in his content state while being hugged.

Aquaria giggled as he succumbed to her chin scratch, purring against his will as she treated him like the big kitten he was. She carefully released her hug as she went prone beside him, placing her head adjacent to his own as she let out a sigh. "Apparently nobody wants to pet a live griffon head. Their loss I guess," she remarked with a defeated sigh, not sure of what to do beyond simply digging up her friend. "So what can you tell me about your parents? Are they cool and what do they look like," she asked excitedly, wagging her tail as she nuzzled his head playfully.

"Do you want me to dig you out, or are you enjoying your new home Rippy?" she asked with a giggle as she noticed a nearby large bucket and scooped it up in her talons. The griffoness excitedly wiggled her hips as she thought about covering his head with the bucket.

After his purring ceased, Riptide couldn't help but feel sad for Aquaria as her plan was no going the way it should. The sadness though quickly went to the realization that soon he would be released from his sandy prison.

"Well, I think I told you that both my parents were fishing griffons, right? My dad would go out on his raft and catch the fish using a large net and my mom would be at the market selling the fish. We weren't rich but we did well I guess. Fishing was kind of a hit or miss thing. Either it felt like we were riding the wave of success or we wiped out with not fish to catch. And then it all depended of things like storms too as they were gnarly to try and fish in."

As he spoke his special somepony seemed to have found a bucket, the kind that little ponies were seen building sand castles with or collecting shells in.

"Err... what are you doing with that bucket? Are you going to dig me out with it?"

Aquaria giggled as she went prone in front of the buried surfer. The griffoness lined her bucket up with his head as she placed it over his head and tried to hold back her laughter. A moment after turning the lights out on him, she lifted up the bucket to reveal his face again. "Peekaboo!" she cheered with a giggle, treating him like a child as she repeated the process.

After a few bucket movements, she grew bored and started feeling bad for him. "Wanna get out of here and go somewhere else," she remarked in a less excited manner as she started scooping sand out from around his neck.

"Maybe we can visit someone's family? Meet my mom or your family," she suggested with a smile as she stopped about half way on her digging and hugged his upper torso.

Riptide knew what was about to happen with the bucket held by his special somegriffon. Yet in the helpless position he was in there was little that he could do but accept fate ans let his world be plunged into darkness as the bucket went over his head. In her typical style the griffoness in her child like demeanor played peekaboo with him a few times. The griffon's demeanor though change from happiness being with her to boredom, not because of her but the situation he was in. He hated feeling constrained and unable to do what he wanted but accepted it as part of Aquaria's game. With her plan of making him into an attraction falling apart it was clear the two had enough.

"Yeah thanks," Riptide said as he finally was able to move his neck around after the sand had been removed from it, "Yeah I don't think anypony is going to go along with trying to pet me, so let's do something else."

Aquaria mentioned seeing his family or hers, an idea that was a curious one for the brightly colored griffon.

"Well my parents live over in Rockwington so it's kind of a far trip especially considering it's already halfway through the afternoon. Do your parents live close?"

The usually jovial hybrid let out a defeated sigh as she started shoveling him free. When he was half free from the sand, Aquaria wrapped her arms around his chest and yanked him free with all of her might, tossing him across the beach as she freed him. She fell down and rolled over to watch him fly away into the sound.

She walked over to his crash location and took a seat at his side. "Well, we can go see my mom. She is probably at work! We can go see her there," the griffoness commented with a smile as her hips wiggled excitedly.

At last Riptide could taste freedom as Aquaria admitted defeat and began digging him out. Or maybe it was just the taste of salty sand in his mouth! He though for a moment that everything would be alright from now on and there would be no surprises.

He was wrong.

"Um Aquaria, I don't think you should pull me AAAAHHHH!" he said as the final tug left him sailing in the air. The Griffon struggled to right himself, just in time for him to smack into the beach nearby. The griffon lay there for a moment as a few nearby ponies wandered by wondering why the griffon looked like he was washed up with the tide. Slowly he got up as he saw Aquaria sitting there asking him if he wanted to see the griffoness's mother.

"Alright, we can go. Just give a moment for my head to stop spinning and my muscles to stop throbbing. Are you this way to everyone you meet, tossing them around? Because you've done more of a number on my body than a giant wave! Err... your mom is a nurse right?"

Aquaria patiently sat beside Riptide, seemingly unaware of how hard she had thrown him. It wasn't so much malice as it was a severe lack of awareness of her own strength. When he mentioned the spinning, she grabbed his head tightly and held it still, the goofy griffoness not really being helpful.

"I didn't throw you silly. I freed you like a brave hero! You did go flying though," Aquaria commented with a giggle as she left out the part that he was buried by here only minutes earlier. You are sore too? I wonder if that makes me as strong as a wave," she commented with a giggle as she flexed her talons in as impressive a way as possible.

The odd griffon seemed to have joy doing everything she did, her waving tail proof of her excitement. "No, silly! My mom isn't a nurse. My mom is a tavern singer! She sings for all the sailor ponies. She also gives great massages and is a great dancer. Ponies like her dances a lot too, they whistle for her and cheer excitedly. They do other stuff too," Aquaria complimented excitedly as she painted her mom as a... unique character. For as strange as it sounded, one thing was clear though, she did like her mother a lot, her wide smile clearly visible as she awkwardly tried to massage his sore neck.

"Yeah, I guess that you are strong," Riptide said with a giggle. As much as the griffon felt sore and at times a little embarrassed he felt that those times were fleeting being with her. Sometimes being friends or in his case a special somegriffon meant overlooking these quirks.

"Your mom does sound like an interesting griffon. You know, i always like hearing ponies sing, whether if it's a band playing in town or just a pony singing a tune on the beach. So yeah, let's go see your mom!"

When he complimented her strength, she became bashful and hugged him and buried her face in his chest feathers. Aquaria wiggled her hips and tail excitedly as she let him go and turned in the general direction of her mother's work. "Thanks! Let's get going! My mom is a great singer and an even better dancer. They say she puts the siren in Sirensong, our last name! It's the salty pony tavern and she is their premier act," Aquaria explained as she hopped off the ground.

Her long black wings flapped roughly as she hovered above the ground. The perpetually excited hybrid led her special somegriffon to the harbor, a location a fair distance from the popular beach. One of the buildings at the mouth of the bay, only a few dozen feet from the docks, stood defiantly against the ocean air. A billboard with a pony garbed as a pirate welcomed the pair as he held a mug of 'cider' tightly. "If you gawk too much you have to give her a tip! Those are the rules," she explained with a smile as she lead him inside the building.

For the first time in as long as he could remember Riptide noticed that his special somepony was bashful! This was very surprising consider all the things she did and how it didn't matter who was staring curiously at her or all the antics she did.

:"Why Aquaria, I didn't know you'd be speechless when I gave you a compliment," he said with a giggle.

The pair took to the skies, Riptide letting the tiger striped pony lead. The familiar beach where he spent his time surfing and living in his home gave way to a more of a harbor area. The buildings around him as he landed were all in support of the shipping and marine trade and all bearing the same salt water spray weather beaten look to them with the occasional nautical motif like fishing nets, buoys, and other items. His nose caught the scent on the sea and watched as a merchant ship leaving port.

"Ah this reminds me of my home, except back there there were more fishing places."

He listened to the interesting custom about his special somegriffon's mother how staring too much meant you had to pay.

"I'll keep that in mind," he said chuckling as he held the door open for Aquaria to enter the tavern.

Aquaria was brimming with excitement as she wiggled her long form. She lead her special somegriffon into the taven, the pair greeted with all types of nautical paraphernalia, the focus less on fishing and more on shipping. The air of the building was thick with the smell of salt and ale. As they ventured deeper into the atmospheric setting, they came upon many stylized tables that were draped with nets and adorned in a manner that a sailor might recognize, albeit a bit exaggerated for flare. Numerous ponies with eye patches and peg legs filled the establishment and seemed in high spirits as their facial hair grew uninhibited. It seemed like the building was full of real pirates, Aquaria struggling to keep her excitement from absolutely bubbling over. In front of the pirate crowd was an elevated stage with a wiry black griffoness with powerful blue eyes. She was draped over the mic stand in front of her. The black griffoness prowler over to the edge of the stage and gently slid her talon up the chin of one of the pirate ponies as she smiled aloofly and opened her sharp hooked maw. "And I think to myself... what a wonderful world," she sang in a sultry voice as a few of the seemingly tough ponies fainted awkwardly.

Aquaria almost squealed with delight as she hugged her special somegriffon and presented him to her mom. The aloof eyes of the dark singer spotted Riptide as she finished her song. The adult griffoness smirked devilishly as she hopped off the stage, nonchalantly approached the pair and slid her long black tail across the cheek of the brightly colored griffon. "Hello hot stuff," she vaguely remarked while probing the surfer.

Riptide didn't quite know what to expect when going into the tavern. True, there were taverns back in his hometown where sailors and fishergriffon would go to meet with friends and take a break from work. These places often smelled if the sea air and fish, a smell that was acquired but the brightly colored griffon had come to love. Waliking into this tavern he found it was very similar. There was no fish smell, but the worn wooden place with its nautical motifs took him right back into his memories.

Strangely there were many ponies that were dressed like the typical looking pirate, mimicking the sign outside. He wondered if they truly dressed this way on a regular basis or if this was just for the tavern. Strangely the griffon felt out of place, not only being a griffon but not being dressed like a pirate.

His eyes then wandered over to a griffoness on stage, one that was very beautiful and with a voice as soft as velvet. For a moment he looked over at his special somegriffon, then the other griffoness. And back and forth he went trying to comprehend if this was Aquaria's mother. Before he could ask, Aquaria answered his own question by introducing him.

"I... err... um.... ahhh... hi?" was all that he could muster out like a colt with his first schoolyard crush. All he could do was gaze upon her and be memorized by her demeanor.

The singer grinned as she looked over the curious surfer. He was stammering nervously in her presence, apparently unsure of how to speak to a woman. A familiar devilish force spread across her maw as she decided to toy with her brightly colored counterpart. One of the pirate ponies chuckled and tossed his 'pirate' hat over to the singer as she caught it and half draped it over her face.

"Arr me Mateys! I spy a landlubber! He has yet to get his sealers yet! Who wants to make him walk the plank?" she commented in a suddenly stern voice as she seemed to whip her cohorts into a frenzy. "Yeah!" the crowd cheered excitedly as they circled around him. Before they could move upon him, Aquaria fell victim to the playful mob mentality and looped a heavy duty rope around her date from behind and secured him in an act of treachory.

Aquaria couldn't hold back her excitement any more as she burst out laugh, her hips wiggling with anticipation! "Can you be our prisoner? We wanna barter with Redmane, and she only wants landlubbers," Aquaria commented with a giggle as she gave it away as a game. With their cover blown, a few of the actors groaned and went back to their seats, leaving the three hybrids alone.

The jet black griffoness scratched the chin of her captive playfully while Aquaria watched the scene to see if her mom approved. "Have you treated my daughter right? The last griffon she dated, never flew again, she warned ominously as her story spoke against what her daughter had previously said. Aquaria was simply wiggling excitedly as she waited to see how her Rippy was going to react.

There was something about this mare that Riptide met. She was beautiful yet she had the same devilish demeanor as seen as on Aquaria. Like mother like daughter he guessed. Before he could think or do anything, the singer started a pirate routine that at first sounded odd to Riptide. After all, she wasn't a real pirate, was she? Suddenly a crowd formed around him like an ocean, making Riptide very nervous. Maybe this wasn't a good idea after all, that the ponies here didn't take too kindly to outsiders even those that loved the sea like he did.

"Um...I'm totally not a landlubber. My parents were like awesome fishergriffons and... hey!" Riptide suddenly ended his explanation as a rope was lassoed around him, binding his forelegs and wings to his side and to the chair. Turning he could see it was Aquaria with a grin that matched her mother's almost perfectly. Her overzealous antics though spoiled the fun as the entire act quickly dispersed.

"Oh you all totally got me," he said with a still uneasy chuckle as he tried to get out of his roped prison, "Um... can you let me go Aquaria. Binding me to a chair is uncool."

Before he could though, Riptide faced his ultimate test, passing Aquaria's mom's approval. Never did he imagine though that it would be this hard!

"Have you treated my daughter right? The last griffon she dated, never flew again"

"Oh I totally like your daughter. She's really great and funny and makes my life even more awesome. Actually she is the one who ends up being the roughest, burying me in the sand and tossing me. But I would never hurt some as wicked awesome as her... um... miss."

Aquaria was very pleased with her deception. While wasn't very good at keeping secrets, she could do a great job at it if nobody was looking at her. When Riptide explained that he had treated her daughter properly, she peered through him with her beautiful blue eyes. They critically watched him for lies as he spoke, unable to gleam anything substantially wrong from his explanation. When he was done speaking, Aquaria excitedly agreed with him, nodding with every word he spoke.

"Ya Rippy roughed me up real good when we were wrestling. He didn't let me go until I went limp! It was a lot of fun," she excitedly explained in an accurate, probably misguided manner. When her mother heard the words, she growled and hopped onto the lap of the surfer and tipped the chair over as she pulled his head away from a crash with the ground. If he got a glance of his special somegriffon, he could probably see her wiggling excitedly as her mother 'tried' to brutalize her date. "Well, the last person who roughed up my daughter never flew, ever," the lithe mother warned as she stared him in the eyes fiercely.

When she was done speaking, Aquaria burst into laughter, infecting her mom as well as a smirk spread across her maw. "Luckily Aquaria liked it, this time. Nice to meet you Ripper," she explained warmly with a hint of reality tucked away. The singer carefully undid his bonds and gave him a pat on the head as she helped set him backvupright.

At first Riptide thought that everything was ok, that Aquaria's mother would see that he was perfect for her and that he meant no harm to her. The black griffoness stared at him like a human lie detector, analyzing his every word as if his life depended on it. She was about to relax when suddenly...

"Ya Rippy roughed me up real good when we were wrestling. He didn't let me go until I went limp! It was a lot of fun,"

Riptide's eyes went wide as he hoped that Siren Song didn't hear what his special somepony just said. He'd been wrong before and this was just another wrong time to add in his book. In an instant he was with his back on the floor, his head almost striking it had Siren not saved him at the last minute.

"Well, the last person who roughed up my daughter never flew, ever,"

Riptide felt a lump forming in his throat, facing utter annihilation at the talons of the mother of the griffoness he loved. But just before he felt like the end was to come, he was raised back up and congratulated before being loosed of his bindings.

"Hehe... like totally nice to meet you too Siren Song," Riptide said with an uneasy tone while looking at Aquaria as if to silently ask if he passed the painful test of meeting her mother.

The mother griffon smiled and dusted off the surfer as she looked over to her daughter. "Wow, never had one of her friends pay that test! In fact, I think you were her first boyfriend who actually had wings to fly with," she commented with a chuckle as her blue eyes checked to see if her daughter was okay. Everything checked out and the mother simply nodded, getting an excited gasp out of her daughter as the diver squeezed the trio into a giant group hug.

When the hug was released, eventually, Aquaria's mother gave Riptide a gentle pat on the head. "My name is Melody you bucko. Sirensong is our family name. You should learn it," she warned playfully while jabbing Riptide in the side.

For a moment Riptide cocked his head in confusion as Aquaria's mom mentioned that he paid the test. He didn't pay anything, except a few years shaved off of his life from the experience greeting Melody. Perhaps she just meant passing the test, which Riptide was relieved. He wondered how many past special someponies or somegriffons Aquaria knew and faced the tempest of her mom in the process. Well, it didn't really matter as it was just him now that passed.

The griffon suddenly became part of a group hug which validated his feeling that things were going to be ok.

"Oh I'll certainly remember that Siren... I mean Melody. I'm glad to have met you. You do have a lovely signing voice."

After the rocky introduction and the surprise twist of being accepted Riptide felt best to ease into getting to know Aquaria's mom lest he become a victim of any more abuse.

Aquaria's mom wasn't quite as wiggly and excitable as her daughter, the older hybrid smirking as she took the compliment from the surfer. She often received compliments and cat calls from her guests and patrons and had grown to find it flattering. "Oh you like my voice eh? You know the rules then," she remarked mischievously while winking back at him and hopping back on stage for her audience. Aquaria watched in awe, the younger hybrid clearly enamored with her mother, even if she could be embarrassing or subtly hitting on her male friends.

"What do you want to do now? I don't know if you have the bits to stay here all day," she teased playfully while poking her date in the side with a balled up talon. "I'm glad you like my mom! Isn't she really nice and just the best," she mused aloud while hugging her date. It was clear that she saw nothing wrong with her mother's actions, either out of knowledge of them, or an inability to understand how scared her date may have felt. She seemed to mean well enough though, her rose colored eyes looking across to her date affectionately as her mom started to sing again in the background with her characteristic sultry voice.

"Oh you like my voice eh? You know the rules then,"

Riptide was still in shock from the events that took place that he for the moment forgot about the key rule in the tavern: pay a compliment, pay some bits.

"Oh... yeah... right," he said absentmindedly searching his saddlebag for a few bits that he placed as a tip for the lovely singer as she returned to singing on the stage her haunting voice a complete turnaround from what he experienced.

"What do you want to do now? I don't know if you have the bits to stay here all day," she teased playfully while poking her date in the side with a balled up talon. "I'm glad you like my mom! Isn't she really nice and just the best,"

"I don't know if I have as much either," Riptide said honestly not prepared for this trip in any way, "And... like I don't think is the right word. How about totally freaked out. Anyway, let's see if there's something else in town that we can do, something that doesn't involve me getting tied to a chair."

• 2 weeks later...

Aquaria always looked up to her mom, probably thinking of her as the best person in the world. She might have followed in her claws, but she enjoyed swimming too much to ignore her personal dreams. She looked over to her date and lead him to the safety of outside, building a space between them and the pirates.

Aquaria paused as she thought over his comment on the chair. "I'm okay with anything, I do like chairs though," she joked playfully while gently tugging on his chest feathers. She smirked and looked him in the eyes as she came up with a great response. "It's going to be you tied up to a chair if you can't figure out something for us to do," she playfully commented in a deceptively serious manner while she gently pecked his cheek.

Riptide shivered when he heard Aquaria mention about how she liked chairs and threatened to tie him to one. The brightly colored griffon wondered how long he would be able to sit in a chair without getting nervous. He made a note to not be careful while sitting in front of his special some griffon.

"Well... I guess we should find something to do then," he said looking around the town. Most of it were places dealing with shipping and boating. There was the tavern, but Riptide would rather not return to there lest he incur the evil playful side of Aquaria's mom.

"I don't suppose there's a shop around her that interests you."

Archived