Bronyism really depresses me.

FrankT

You're depressed because you happen to like a TV show... That's all being a "Brony" is, is liking a TV show. If its the idiots in the fandom that are depressing you, you just need to ignore them.

Well that's the problem - I don't know whose side I should be on. I can't even side with Hasbro, because they're sending out C&Ds now! I can't even decide whether I should be happy with what the outlook on the show as a general is.

• 1 month later...

I'd call myself a pegasister, but that would imply that every female pony has wings. So I'm a lady brony.

You know what depresses me at times? Humanity. Peoples' inability to accept that other people enjoy things different from their own interests.

That, is a disease~

with anything good on this earth and any earth there will be people who take good things too far.

you dont have to be a huge brony, you dont have to go to conventions and wear the t-shirts! no that ther is anything wrong with that

you can just watch and enjoy the show like any other show, theres nothing wrong with that. be one of those people who like to watch it in there spare time.

If your depressed for reasons other than where the show itself has gone or is going (or the comics) then your just paying too much attention to the trolls.

If you don't want to pick a side, just avoid the discussion, there's always someplace to turn that isn't filled with drama. Will people judge you? Yes. But that has nothing to do with being a brony, You'll find nuts who will see you wearing a black shirt and start screaming that your a goth (literally nothing gothic, just a shirt that's black) The world is one huge bag of mixed nuts, you have to stop taking them seriously and start laughing at the insanity around you :mad:

Well that's the problem - I don't know whose side I should be on. I can't even side with Hasbro, because they're sending out C&Ds now! I can't even decide whether I should be happy with what the outlook on the show as a general is.

If it helps, Hasbro has always sent out C&Ds to some level, they are required to essentially since one is required to enforce the trademarks one owns or risk losing them. That being said, Hasbro, like a lot of the companies who own the shows or characters a great many fandoms develop around, ignore a good 98% of the fan crated material using their trademarked characters, otherwise we wouldn't have thousands and thousands of images, stories, jewelry, buttons, and plushies around, all fan made. Hasbro knows this stuff exists and is willing to "look the other way" as long as it doesn't actually threaten their trademark and brand, when it does, they have to come down, they really don't have a choice. All us fans who create derivative works know that is the risk we face.

I just don't call myself a Brony, and I don't let anybody else shove that label on me. Brony has such a horrible connotation on the internet, and almost none of it applies to anything I do.

Just say you like the show. You don't have to let other people label you if you don't want them to.

• 2 months later...

Archived